Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

12 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

they don't want him at the price he is asking for - the broncos wanted him but agreed with us on numbers and wouldn't pay him much more than we were offering

We dont know this.  Inquiring about a player doesnt mean they just werent interested in him at that price.  Getting your ducks in a row doesnt mean squat.  For all we know floated the story was a favor to his agent, you never know what someone thinks until an offer is made.  We brought in RG3 and offered him nothing.  All we know is they dont have a QB and they havent even talked to Fitz.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Are you new here?  Get real, just read through any of the Fitz/Geno threads on this board. A large percentage of this Board don't want to see Geno within 500 miles of Metlife unless he has a ticket and could care less how much he "matured". He is a PUNK and LOSER and they hope he BURNS in HELL!! Oops sorry, I got carried away :-)

I can't speak for anyone else, but can only speak for my own feelings. Geno carried himself like a punk from the time he was in the draft up until he got punched, people are only responding to what they saw and read. That is not a Geno thing, its a human thing. I have been of the opinion that he will never be a good QB because of his attitude and his lack of leadership ability, much like Jay Cutler will never be a good QB, despite both of them having a lot of physical talent.

IF Geno truly has matured and grown, I think it will show, and people will change their stance on him over time, but that takes actions, and time, not words. Regardless of whether he is a good QB or not, maturing and learning from mistakes are very respectable qualities, and most people will recognize that. Just my $0.02

11 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dude, if Glennon ended up being hot garbage I would have to get a new Jetnation account and mask my IP address just to keep cover! lol. The sh*t talk that would be headed in my direction would be never-ending lmao! 

Thats ok if he turned into Namath II, or worse was successful somewhere else, there would be a whole group who would claim credit for being the first to want him.  Lots of I told you so posts

13 hours ago, fltflo said:

Not looking to argue but, are you saying that if Fitz and Geno are in camp together and Fitz is declared the stater but Geno outplays him, you still want Fitz to start?

Yes.  Fitz earned the job, there will not be a competition if both are back but Geno better be ready b/c Fitz will likely get hurt at some point.

23 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

For the first time, in a long time with this franchise, we have a staff that actually appears that they know what they are doing at th ebb position, and better than that, can actually develop a qb and make him play better (witness Fitz last year, and other QBs under Gailey).

I know that we have a lot of geniuses on this board who have developed their own abs in their life, but on this one, I am actually going to watch what the men in charge of the Jets do, watch it play out and see who they wind up with and judge the results.

Weird concept, I know. But I actually trust this team this time. The prior 5 years, and even before, the qb position wasn't given a thought as to how to develop. 

This is exactly how I feel right now.

The truth of the matter is that Fitz is no where near as good as some posters think, and Geno is no where as bad as people think.  But people want it to be black and white, so the main argument against Geno is typically two things, the completely useless "he sucks", and the Buffalo game. A game interestingly caused by the "coaching" he received where he was instructed to throw to Harvin whether open or not. Fitz is lauded because he had "the best season by a Jets QB" ignoring the facts that he still threw a ton of interceptions, threw more balls than anyone in the NFL that should have been intercepted, and played not a weak schedule but a historically weak schedule literally playing the easiest schedule in many years, and the 31st overall rated defense against, as well as ignoring that the offense consisted almost entirely of throwing the ball to Decker and Marshall who made LOTS of great saves on terribly thrown balls, and the NFL never really figured out how to defend Deckers corner-post-seam route from the slot when Brandon was doubled.

Reality is that there is not much difference between the QBs, but the Fitz camp wants to act like he is the second coming of Rich Gannon and starting material when NO ONE in the NFL thinks he is that. Which he isn't.

37 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

For the first time, in a long time with this franchise, we have a staff that actually appears that they know what they are doing at th ebb position, and better than that, can actually develop a qb and make him play better (witness Fitz last year, and other QBs under Gailey).

I know that we have a lot of geniuses on this board who have developed their own abs in their life, but on this one, I am actually going to watch what the men in charge of the Jets do, watch it play out and see who they wind up with and judge the results.

Weird concept, I know. But I actually trust this team this time. The prior 5 years, and even before, the qb position wasn't given a thought as to how to develop. 

Yet when you tell some Jets fans that Geno falls into this category they dont want to hear it. Geno wasnt bad all by himself, and I think this is also why Macc isnt paying Fitz the money he's requesting because Macc understands that the REAL SUPERSTAR is actually Chan Gailey in this situation. 

Great post Scott. 

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Yet when you tell some Jets fans that Geno falls into this category they dont want to hear it. Geno wasnt bad all by himself and I think this is also why Gailey isnt paying Fitz the money he's requesting because Gailey understands that the REAL STAR is actually Chan Gailey in this situation. 

Great post Scott. 

I get the feeling that Rex Ryan's staff development of a qb was to have thin put their nose to a baseball bat perpendicular to the ground, spin around ten times and try to find the line of scrimmage.

9 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

The truth of the matter is that Fitz is no where near as good as some posters think, and Geno is no where as bad as people think.  But people want it to be black and white, so the main argument against Geno is typically two things, the completely useless "he sucks", and the Buffalo game. A game interestingly caused by the "coaching" he received where he was instructed to throw to Harvin whether open or not. Fitz is lauded because he had "the best season by a Jets QB" ignoring the facts that he still threw a ton of interceptions, threw more balls than anyone in the NFL that should have been intercepted, and played not a weak schedule but a historically weak schedule literally playing the easiest schedule in many years, and the 31st overall rated defense against, as well as ignoring that the offense consisted almost entirely of throwing the ball to Decker and Marshall who made LOTS of great saves on terribly thrown balls, and the NFL never really figured out how to defend Deckers corner-post-seam route from the slot when Brandon was doubled.

Reality is that there is not much difference between the QBs, but the Fitz camp wants to act like he is the second coming of Rich Gannon and starting material when NO ONE in the NFL thinks he is that. Which he isn't.

Please post a link to this.  Please show where anyone from the Jets ever said this, please. 

For the life of me I just can not understand how anyone could have watched the games that Geno started and not think he was just terrible.  He was rated the worst QB in football those two years.  What more do you need to know.

46 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Yes.  Fitz earned the job, there will not be a competition if both are back but Geno better be ready b/c Fitz will likely get hurt at some point.

Or because, unlike last year with the gift-from-the-gods schedule, by some point in November we may already be looking for help from other teams to get an opportunity to play for a WC spot.

On paper (before further injuries, roster changes, or unexpectedly bad play), compared to last year our matchups this season look nothing short of brutal. Last year's ended up being far easier than it looked to be on April 1, but the Jets never get that lucky twice in a row, and I think it's giving many a false sense of security in continuing a trend of improvement: it's unlikely we'd have won 10 games - maybe not 8 games - if we played our 2016 opponents last year. The 2 differently-scheduled opponents, based on the prior year's record, look like a bigger opponent-upgrade than usual. That's on top of opponents that couldn't possibly be as bad as last year, even if they still aren't necessarily good (Miami x2, Colts, Baltimore, SF). As of today, though, Cleveland looks like they'll be every bit as bad as 2015 though, lol.

Depending on how the schedule lays out in the first half of the season, it isn't at all far-fetched to see us 3-5 or even 2-6 at the midway point. So I'd say no matter who ends up as the starter to open the season, even if we re-sign Fitzpatrick, the #2 (or maybe the #3) shouldn't get too comfortable holding a clipboard.

8 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

No way, not even close.

CuMar was nothing more than an average RB with the Pats.

he carried Bledsoe on his back to that Super Bowl.

BP turned everything around, he was #1.  Kraft coming on and what he has done since BP changed everything is #2.  Brady came in and made you champions and a dynasty.

11 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Or because, unlike last year with the gift-from-the-gods schedule, by some point in November we may already be looking for help from other teams to get an opportunity to play for a WC spot.

On paper (before further injuries, roster changes, or unexpectedly bad play), compared to last year our matchups this season look nothing short of brutal. Last year's ended up being far easier than it looked to be on April 1, but the Jets never get that lucky twice in a row, and I think it's giving many a false sense of security in continuing a trend of improvement: it's unlikely we'd have won 10 games - maybe not 8 games - if we played our 2016 opponents last year. The 2 differently-scheduled opponents, based on the prior year's record, look like a bigger opponent-upgrade than usual. That's on top of opponents that couldn't possibly be as bad as last year, even if they still aren't necessarily good (Miami x2, Colts, Baltimore, SF). As of today, though, Cleveland looks like they'll be every bit as bad as 2015 though, lol.

Depending on how the schedule lays out in the first half of the season, it isn't at all far-fetched to see us 3-5 or even 2-6 at the midway point. So I'd say no matter who ends up as the starter to open the season, even if we re-sign Fitzpatrick, the #2 (or maybe the #3) shouldn't get too comfortable holding a clipboard.

That's a good point

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

I want Fitz back at the right price but this may not be in the cards.   We are not screwed w/o him.

Listen......:

1) Geno played well stats wise and eyeball wise the last game or two of the 2014 season

2) Geno was having a good camp performance wise before his "experience".

3) His HC says he had a good attitude adjustment during the rest of the 2015 season and did well as the backup.

#1 is a fact.  #2 is supported by all the preseason news coverage and the HC.  #3 is from his HC.  Numbers one and two are hard is not impossible to dispute.  Number three seems plausible/possible/probably to me since people do change/grow, and I have respect for his HC.

So can we all step back from the ledge and stop all the hate, at least till camp where the proof will be in the pudding.    

I just looked at all the reports and can't seem to find anyone saying this, can you provide a quote please?    

52 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

The Browns have the exact same number of playoffs wins as the Jets do over the last 5 years.

True.  But I watch football to be entertained and I was entertained last year.  Disappointed but entertained.  Second Buffalo game killed it for me. Till then it was an amazingly fun season to watch.  Starting the season off with our  QB getting his jaw busted and a gimped journeyman I could not imagine the season becoming enjoyable to watch.  Makes me wonder when the Browns season stopped being fun to watch.  As far as this limp weak attempt to troll me I have to say your pretty much the Cleveland Browns of trolling.  

he carried Bledsoe on his back to that Super Bowl.

BP turned everything around, he was #1.  Kraft coming on and what he has done since BP changed everything is #2.  Brady came in and made you champions and a dynasty.

Come on junc, Bledsoe threw for over 4,000 yards and 27 TD's that year.

CuMar rushed for 1,100 yards that year. That's a whopping 68 yards per game.

RB's do not carry teams on their back, QB's do.

6 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Come on junc, Bledsoe threw for over 4,000 yards and 27 TD's that year.

CuMar rushed for 1,100 yards that year. That's a whopping 68 yards per game.

RB's do not carry teams on their back, QB's do.

4000 yards on 623 attempts.

In the playoffs he was terrible, he threw away the SB and Curtis was great in postseason. 

4000 yards on 623 attempts.

In the playoffs he was terrible, he threw away the SB and Curtis was great in postseason. 

19 carries for 59 yards in the AFCCG.

11 carries for 42 yards in the Super Bowl.

How is that great?

Where the hell is Savage when I need him??????

6 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

19 carries for 59 yards in the AFCCG.

11 carries for 42 yards in the Super Bowl.

How is that great?

Where the hell is Savage when I need him??????

the D/STs won the AFC Championship Game.

11 for 42 is over 4 yds a carry, instead of letting Bledsoe throw the SB away they should have given Curtis more carries.

in 3 playoff games:

Curtis 49 carries, 267 yds, 5.5 YPC, 5 TDs

prorate over 16 game season: 261-1424 yds, 5.5, 27 TDs

Bledsoe: 59-105, 56%, 595 yds, 3 TDs, 7 INTs(had more INts than TDs in each game), 54.2 rating

prorate over 16 games: 315-560, 56%, 16 TDs, 37 INTs

RG3 and Jets: Browns are 'favorite' to sign him, per report

Free agent quarterback Robert Griffin III has visited the Jets and Browns. Both teams have said positive things about Griffin, which is what you'd expect. 

But only one team can land him, and it looks like the Browns are the leaders, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. (The Jets, meanwhile, have made it clear that their first priority remains re-signing Ryan Fitzpatrick.) 

"If you are handicapping this today, you're saying the Browns are the favorite to land RGIII." - @AdamSchefterpic.twitter.com/WpU86v2inH

Just now, Beerfish said:

Plan B is Hoyer not Glennon.  Mac probably already has a deal worked out with Houston similar to the Fitz deal of last year.

with the jets only having 6 picks, why would they burn one on a crappy qb in hoyer?  plan B is geno, plan C and D are bluffs.  

On 3/19/2016 at 4:19 PM, PatsFanTX said:

Those records are a result of the Jets poor QB performance over the last half century, not some significant accomplish by Fitz.

Last year there were 10 QB's who threw more TD's than Fitz and 14 QB's who threw for more yards.

To add, Fitz didnt even break 4,000 yards meanwhile I believe 12 QB's hit that feat this past season. The records that people bring up was relevant back when the top paid players in the league were guys like OJ Simpson or Walter Payton. We're talking about 70's and 80's generation football here. Its pretty common in today's league, and to prove that, Fitz broke all kinds of Jets records yet he's middle of the pack when it comes to quarterback ratings this past season. You dont need a top 10 QB performance to shatter Jets records in this generation of the NFL. Now you could throw for 4,000 yards and still be considered trash. Just look at Tannehill. He threw for over 4,200 yards this past season, 4,000 yards in 2014 and has averaged 25 passing TD's in both years, yet my girl Miko Grimes even knows that this dude is trash! :D Sorry, I couldnt help myself there. 

Anyway, This is Ryan Fitzpatrick as a QB in a nutshell. "You can win games with Ryan Fitzpatrick, however, you will not win games BECAUSE of Ryan Fitzpatrick". Anyone arguing against this fact just wants to argue. 

20 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

with the jets only having 6 picks, why would they burn one on a crappy qb in hoyer?  plan B is geno, plan C and D are bluffs.  

Because the Jets had a very good year out of a vet hold the fort guy last year and if the traded is the same as the Fitz one which I speculated it would be it would be a 2017 7th, elevated to a 6th on playing time.  Why Hoyer over Geno?  If they think Geno is not as good as hoyer then that is the reason.

24 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I don't know where this Hoyer nonsense is coming from he is hot garbage even stinkier than Geno after a double matinee at the movies.

Anyone who takes Brian friggin Hoyer seriously as a player doesn't deserve to even have an opinion.

You guys do realize that you are elevating Fitzpatrick by your comparisons right?  Saying oh he only was 10th best in the league in tds of 14th in yards or whatever means according to your metric he is right in the middle of the pack of NFL QBS.

Archived