Sanchez traded to Broncos!

pointman

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Sanchez deal for 4.5mil.  He got us to two AFC championship games.

Fitz screwed the pooch in week 17 and missed the playoffs.  So what is Fitz's value then?

Lets not forget how bad he played week 17. 3 INTs. 

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, pointman said:

Lets not forget how bad he played week 17. 3 INTs. 

In comparing a QB to Sanchez and looking reasons to differentiate one from the other, the last thing I would ever bring up is INTs if I was a Sanchez fan.  He wrote the book, and keeps adding to that book, on painful, backbreaking INTs

Just now, Jet Nut said:

In comparing a QB to Sanchez and looking reasons to differentiate one from the other, the last thing I would ever bring up is INTs if I was a Sanchez fan.  He wrote the book, and keeps adding to that book, on painful, backbreaking INTs

I am saying Fitz wasn't all that great, and got stage fright. I won't ever defend Sanchez, he's garbage and took years off of my life.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

If we're talking about playoff performance between the two Mark Sanchez will be the only one writing that book as well. 

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

except at winning but everywhere else he's just great.  

Except when your boy blows you look for things like W&Ls that arent a function of what he did

Fitz last year was miles better than anything your mancrush ever did on a football field.  I know this thread is your reality wet dream and all but he sucks.  

And more importantly, youre crowing about 2009 & 10.  I'm talking 2015.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

So 3.5mil a year sound about right?

That's about the going rate for a backup (which the Eagles were paying him; not what the Broncos would prefer to be paying him I imagine), and he was had for a conditional 7th rounder.  That doesn't say much for his value around the league.

I mean the writing is on the wall for Fitzpatrick. Denver is not going to waste money bringing in TWO game manager QBs. That's illogical

Fitzpatrick are essentially the same QB. Both can manage a game, but have propensities of making mistakes.

Fitzpatrick is not going to want to go to Denver and compete for the starting job, when he has the starter's role just by signing on the dotted line.

He is out of cards to play and he needs to negotiate

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I mean the writing is on the wall for Fitzpatrick. Denver is not going to waste money bringing in TWO game manager QBs. That's illogical

Fitzpatrick are essentially the same QB. Both can manage a game, but have propensities of making mistakes.

Fitzpatrick is not going to want to go to Denver and compete for the starting job, when he has the starter's role just by signing on the dotted line.

He is out of cards to play and he needs to negotiate

Not sure where Sanchez got the reputation as a "game manager". 

If anything, he's a gunslinger, and a poor one.  He takes chances throwing into triple coverage and rarely gets the ball out quickly.  He offers the turnovers of an Eli Manning without anything close to the productivity.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Except when your boy blows you look for things like W&Ls that arent a function of what he did

Fitz last year was miles better than anything your mancrush ever did on a football field.  I know this thread is your reality wet dream and all but he sucks.  

And more importantly, youre crowing about 2009 & 10.  I'm talking 2015.

great #s w/ incredible talent in great QB friendly scheme against weak competition.  what did he do when we needed him most?

when I "crow" about 2009 and 2010 I am "crowing" about nearly reaching 2 SBs, you are "crowing" about missing the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's about the going rate for a backup (which the Eagles were paying him; not what the Broncos would prefer to be paying him I imagine), and he was had for a conditional 7th rounder.  That doesn't say much for his value around the league.

I was talking about Fitz.  Mark is getting 4.5 from Denver I believe.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Not sure where Sanchez got the reputation as a "game manager". 

If anything, he's a gunslinger, and a poor one.  He takes chances throwing into triple coverage and rarely gets the ball out quickly.  He offers the turnovers of an Eli Manning without anything close to the productivity.

2009-2010 he was a game manager.

Just now, Mike135 said:

I was talking about Fitz.  Mark is getting 4.5 from Denver I believe.

To be the backup.  All talks Fitz are having with Denver, Cleveland and the Jets are geared towards him getting starter money.  The Jets offered about $7M per season. 

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Except in the postseason. Denver needs a game manager. Mark Sanchez works best as a game manager.

That would be when exactly?  

First of all if Sanchez starts, the Broncos season is over.  As he did in Philly

Secondly, undless theres a bloody accident, Sanchez doesnt sniff the field in Denver.  If he even is on the opening day roster

Just now, Jet Nut said:

That would be when exactly?  

First of all if Sanchez starts, the Broncos season is over.  As he did in Philly

Secondly, undless theres a bloody accident, Sanchez doesnt sniff the field in Denver.  If he even is on the opening day roster

I'm sorry did the years 2009 and 2010 go out of everybody's memory?

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

great #s w/ incredible talent in great QB friendly scheme against weak competition.  what did he do when we needed him most?

when I "crow" about 2009 and 2010 I am "crowing" about nearly reaching 2 SBs, you are "crowing" about missing the playoffs.

LOL, hold on to your ass and hope your love makes the opening day roster.  

You never stop crowing and it rarely, check that, never has anything to do with fact or anything other than you love Mark Sanchez.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

2009-2010 he was a game manager.

No, he wasn't.  We were a run heavy team, and when he threw, he took big risks and turned it over like it was his job.  The Jets responded by trying to get him to take less risks or find other ways to hide him.  That's not the mark of a game manager.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

To be the backup.  All talks Fitz are having with Denver, Cleveland and the Jets are geared towards him getting starter money.  The Jets offered about $7M per season. 

If Mark is getting 4.5 million to be the backup, why would Denver pay 18 million for a QB THAT'S BASICALLY THE SAME

Just now, Jet Nut said:

LOL, hold on to your ass and hope your love makes the opening day roster.  

You never stop crowing and it rarely, check that, never has anything to do with fact or anything other than you love Mark Sanchez.

I just deal in reality, you keep crowing about meaningless #s that didn't help us win.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah I know.  Just joking around.  Though I really do hope Mac is lowering that offer every day and with every other QB that signs.  

Mac n Bowels want Fitz as a capable backup.  7mil too much for that.

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

If we're talking about playoff performance between the two Mark Sanchez will be the only one writing that book as well. 

So who wants to tell me, with any sense of certainty, that the Fitz we saw a year ago wouldnt have made the playoffs with the Jets of 09 & 10???

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

If Mark is getting 4.5 million to be the backup, why would Denver pay 18 million for a QB THAT'S BASICALLY THE SAME

Ask Elway.  He's the one that gave a conditional 7th rounder for Sanchez.  Man, they really value him highly.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, he wasn't.  We were a run heavy team, and when he threw, he took big risks and turned it over like it was his job.  The Jets responded by trying to get him to take less risks or find other ways to hide him.  That's not the mark of a game manager.

Uh.... YES IT IS. THAT'S THE ******* DEFINITION OF A GAME MANAGER. A game manager is a player who doesn't take many risks and allows the talent around him to thrive.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So who wants to tell me, with any sense of certainty, that the Fitz we saw a year ago wouldnt have made the playoffs with the Jets of 09 & 10???

Just as certain he would've won like 4 games in each of the 13-14 seasons.

Archived