the longer this goes on the less i want Fitz

MetsJets1962

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, ylekram said:

if its not debatable,than its not debatable. why are you still trying to debate? i told you already, you win. marshal is far and away the best player on offense. the man carries weak offenses and weak qb's on his back to the playoffs, year in and year out. yea, he dropped 10 easy passes, one being a td in new england, but he he catches thousand of errant throws,sometimes with 3 or 4 defenders on his back. i get it. jeremy kerley could throw for 4000 yards and 31 td's with this guy. who needs fitz. the jets should just line up marshal in the wildcat and let him throw to himself. problem fixed. no more errant passes

Here's another good example of Marshall making up for his weak QB by ripping away a bonehead INT from a defender

bmarsh.0.gif

8 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Here's another good example of Marshall making up for his weak QB by ripping away a bonehead INT from a defender

bmarsh.0.gif

that play completely changed that game, who knows what happesn the rest of that game and w/ our season w/o that play?  

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

bmarsh.0.gif

rQKkpCY.gif

Nn8w75W.gif

god marshall is amazing to watch... no wonder fitz never goes through his progressions on the field. just lock on to marshall and force weakly thrown off-target passes and he'll do all the heavy lifting. the guy is probably taking years off his life to make some of these catches, it's truly mind boggling that fitz really thinks he deserves to be paid double what this guy is making. go figure...

12 hours ago, ylekram said:

i dont believe it is a fight at all.

"fitz here is the offer"

"that seems low. i want this amount"

" thats too much. we want you back,tho. you know you fit in well here. go test the market. if you are offered more, we are open to negotiation"

"ok. will do. i will be back in touch either way"

"look forward to hearing from you"

I hope you're correct, but it's crazy how relationships can tend to go south when it comes to money discussions. I don't have any evidence to back up what I posted,. Just a bad feeling and I hope I'm wrong.

On March 12, 2016 at 10:16 PM, MetsJets1962 said:

I mean i get that the Jets are playing a bit of brinkmanship here but it's clear they're not that high on him. do they actually see him as a legit starting QB. I  can't see him repeating last season's numbers and the more i think about it i'd rather take a punt on someone else. 

I think the longer this goes on , the more there is the chance Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't coming back to the Jets under any circumstances.( guy almost retire last year when traded). Might be too much bad feelings, at this point to fix this relationship.

Obviously the Jets are probably okay with this,  by giving him such a low offer.   Your Gm has a price what he perceives Ryan Fitzpatrick worth, and isn't going to go beyond it.( Have to respect that kind of Gm).

So I would forget about  Ryan Fitzpatrick, and concentrate on getting another Qb to come in any compete for your starting Qb job.

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

I think the longer this goes on , the more there is the chance Ryan Fitzpatrick isn't coming back to the Jets under any circumstances.( guy almost retire last year when traded). Might be too much bad feelings, at this point to fix this relationship.

Obviously the Jets are probably okay with this,  by giving him such a low offer.   Your Gm has a price what he perceives Ryan Fitzpatrick worth, and isn't going to go beyond it.( Have to respect that kind of Gm).

So I would forget about  Ryan Fitzpatrick, and concentrate on getting another Qb to come in any compete for your starting Qb job.

You see how hot his wife is ... Plus having a boatload of kids !?!?!

no chance he's going to be allowed to retire without a couple more millions !!!

8 hours ago, cant wait said:

god marshall is amazing to watch... no wonder fitz never goes through his progressions on the field. just lock on to marshall and force weakly thrown off-target passes and he'll do all the heavy lifting. the guy is probably taking years off his life to make some of these catches, it's truly mind boggling that fitz really thinks he deserves to be paid double what this guy is making. go figure...

It's amazing how great receivers can make a star out of a journeyman QB . That guy(Fitzpatrick) threw passes that if he was throwing to the receivers we had before decker and Marshal would have been an interception party . I would love to have him back, but if it cost us 10 mil per or more, he can stay at home and rake leaves for all I care .

Fitz was serviceable last year regardless of the reason. Whether or not it was because of the system, the receivers or anything else that may or may not have contributed to his career season is unimportant. It's slim pickings out there for replacements and the bottom line is it's Mac's job to get him back for the lowest possible price. A GM must separate his feelings from the business aspects and Mac is doing just that. I, for one, am onboard with our GM and his handling of the situation.

The Jets brass know they are needing to do a makeover across the board on this team. Their FA signings last year were described by Macc himself as being aimed at being competitive while they build the nucleus of a young team through the draft. this was when Fitz was still strongly the backup and it was Geno's "prove it or move on" year.

Obviously things don't always go as expected - IK saw to that - and the 10-6 with Fitz at the helm has probably altered things quite a bit. It's easier to turn your roster over faster when you're not winning, but to actively take a step back short term for the longer term good is a tough move for anyone, especially in a league where "now" is everything.

So I wonder how people would truly feel if we start a rookie, or Petty, next year and end up bottom of the division again? Would those anti-Fitz posters be happy with that outcome as it's laying the foundation for the long term? Or will the pitchforks be out for letting our QB walk over a few $m and setting us back again? Because as I see it we have the following options :

1 - Sign Fitz, do what you can to win this year, and develop what you can for the future

2 - Sign / trade for an alternative Fitz (i.e. journeyman veteran, like Hoyer), do what you can to win this year, and develop what you can for the future

3 - Start Geno, do what you can to win this year, and develop what you can for the future

4 - Accelerate the youth movement at QB - either start Petty or a draft pick and build around that guy for the future

Personally, I either want 1 or 4. 2 and 3 are too much like half measures to me, with less chance of win now and less chance of moving on to the future. We either treat this year as a serious "win now" with the talent we have, or we hit the reset button and move on at QB completely. And if that means a step back before we go forward, so be it.

Somebody could come up with a nice collage of game sealing drops as well, like the perfect endzone pass in the first New England game, and the drop of a perfect pass into an Eagles defenders hand on a game rallying drive, but that would put egg on the face of your argument, and besides, I like Brandon and it's rather cheesy to pick out a few plays and ignore the main body of work. 

3 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Somebody could come up with a nice collage of game sealing drops as well, like the perfect endzone pass in the first New England game, and the drop of a perfect pass into an Eagles defenders hand on a game rallying drive, but that would put egg on the face of your argument, and besides, I like Brandon and it's rather cheesy to pick out a few plays and ignore the main body of work. 

WR's drop balls every now and then, get over it. Marshall took a beating all season catching those weakly thrown ducks from fitz 

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

The Jets brass know they are needing to do a makeover across the board on this team. Their FA signings last year were described by Macc himself as being aimed at being competitive while they build the nucleus of a young team through the draft. this was when Fitz was still strongly the backup and it was Geno's "prove it or move on" year.

Obviously things don't always go as expected - IK saw to that - and the 10-6 with Fitz at the helm has probably altered things quite a bit. It's easier to turn your roster over faster when you're not winning, but to actively take a step back short term for the longer term good is a tough move for anyone, especially in a league where "now" is everything.

So I wonder how people would truly feel if we start a rookie, or Petty, next year and end up bottom of the division again? Would those anti-Fitz posters be happy with that outcome as it's laying the foundation for the long term? Or will the pitchforks be out for letting our QB walk over a few $m and setting us back again? Because as I see it we have the following options :

1 - Sign Fitz, do what you can to win this year, and develop what you can for the future

2 - Sign / trade for an alternative Fitz (i.e. journeyman veteran, like Hoyer), do what you can to win this year, and develop what you can for the future

3 - Start Geno, do what you can to win this year, and develop what you can for the future

4 - Accelerate the youth movement at QB - either start Petty or a draft pick and build around that guy for the future

Personally, I either want 1 or 4. 2 and 3 are too much like half measures to me, with less chance of win now and less chance of moving on to the future. We either treat this year as a serious "win now" with the talent we have, or we hit the reset button and move on at QB completely. And if that means a step back before we go forward, so be it.

let rookie qb's start when they are ready, only when they are ready. until then sign/start fitz (and for the fitz haters out there, i didnt forget about you) or another competant option to form the bridge

20 minutes ago, cant wait said:

WR's drop balls every now and then, get over it. Marshall took a beating all season catching those weakly thrown ducks from fitz 

What is laughable about your anti-Fitz bashing is that Marshall loves the guy and wants him back and had arguably his best season ever catching all those weakly thrown ducks...if Fitz actually had an arm, he would have had what, 50 TD passes? Funny how a guy with no arm is still at the top of the Jets want list, and how two guys with big arms are sitting behind him in the pecking order. Why is that? Can't wait (or shall I say, cant wait) for your answer. Clearly you see what players, head coach, and management don't. If the guy were the joke you claim him to be, the Jets would have simply moved on and either signed someone else or declared Geno or Petty the starter.

4 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

What is laughable about your anti-Fitz bashing is that Marshall loves the guy and wants him back and had arguably his best season ever catching all those weakly thrown ducks...if Fitz actually had an arm, he would have had what, 50 TD passes? Funny how a guy with no arm is still at the top of the Jets want list, and how two guys with big arms are sitting behind him in the pecking order. Why is that? Can't wait (or shall I say, cant wait) for your answer. Clearly you see what players, head coach, and management don't. If the guy were the joke you claim him to be, the Jets would have simply moved on and either signed someone else or declared Geno or Petty the starter.

Sure that explains why the jets had to bring back Fitzpatrick then right? Oh wait....

4 hours ago, jamesr said:

It's just perspective.  Your points make sense and I can understand why you'd prefer 1 n 4.  

Though I see #1 as the half measure.  Spend big for a guy who failed to capitalize on a very weak schedule with a good team around him?..  Eh, seems like a waste and can even hurt the team.

#2.  Who?  Haven't heard of one available QB worth spending on.

#3.  Bingo!  Ding, ding, ding!  Winner!  

#4.  "Accelerate"?  Aka, perhaps ruin their careers.  Look what this team has done to Geno.  He's a top 2nd round pick with more physical tools than anyone we've had in a while, and 90% of the fans despise him because we played him too early (not to mention with an offense equivalent to a division 3 college team).

8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

It's just perspective.  Your points make sense and I can understand why you'd prefer 1 n 4.  

Though I see #1 as the half measure.  Spend big for a guy who failed to capitalize on a very weak schedule with a good team around him?..  Eh, seems like a waste and can even hurt the team.

#2.  Who?  Haven't heard of one available QB worth spending on.

#3.  Bingo!  Ding, ding, ding!  Winner!  

#4.  "Accelerate"?  Aka, perhaps ruin their careers.  Look what this team has done to Geno.  He's a top 2nd round pick with more physical tools than anyone we've had in a while, and 90% of the fans despise him because we played him too early (not to mention with an offense equivalent to a division 3 college team).

geno "just one more chance" smith.lol

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

His two "chances" combined don't equal the opportunity Fitz had last season with a good team and easy schedule.

The utter beauty of this mantra is that those spouting it will have lead pipe 'out' come next year. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The utter beauty of this mantra is that those spouting it will have lead pipe 'out' come next year. 

If Geno fails?.. sure.  As I would with any QB.  But I also wouldn't judge any young QB in the situation we started Geno with either.

12 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

If Geno fails?.. sure.  As I would with any QB.  But I also wouldn't judge any young QB in the situation we started Geno with either.

No if anyone fails.  Doesn't matter what the name is.  Next year the sched is tougher thus literally any Qb on the planet is off the hook if they are bad and their performance can be raised up to the roof if they are anywhere near the numbers of our last QB.  Since no one has ever defined if weapons or schedule is more important it's a nice double edged sword.  It also totally lets people off the hook if the next guy misses the playoffs which is a major perceived negative point for the current QB.

Lead pipe out, as I said.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No if anyone fails.  Doesn't matter what the name is.  Next year the sched is tougher thus literally any Qb on the planet is off the hook if they are bad and their performance can be raised up to the roof if they are anywhere near the numbers of our last QB.  Since no one has ever defined if weapons or schedule is more important it's a nice double edged sword.  It also totally lets people off the hook if the next guy misses the playoffs which is a major perceived negative point for the current QB.

Lead pipe out, as I said.

Very true.  A young QB can have a productive season next year w/o reaching the playoffs.  An aging/expensive vet would have to be considered a waste if they don't make the playoffs.

Only mistake Bowles has made so far.  And it is a big one.  Geno should've started for at least a 3-4 game stretch last season.  Somewhere around weeks 5 or 6.  We could have had our answer on him.

Instead it was a missed playoff failure starting the aging mediocre vet.

9 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

So the longer he's unsigned by us the greater chance he won't get signed by us? 

Do you also think the longer someone lives the older he gets? 

Archived