Empire State Mafia: Game Thread

Jetsfan80

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

@Smashmouth and @WWWWombat I would trust to re-read the whole game (start at page 14) and give us 100% effort. @Nolder too, but I think he, like @Jetscode1 has already said he's busy?

Anyway, I'd prefer a veteran. So we fill the game with a friend and someone that knows what they are doing.

Agreed 100%.  Only other folks I can think of either haven't played in a long time (like a DPR) or are definitely too busy IRL (like JVoR) -- not sure it's even worth the time to tag them.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I have the setup, but I'll replace in and pretend.  What could go wrong?

You could try too hard to fill no penis' shoes and only post unfunny memes or berate undeserving posters?

1 minute ago, AVM said:

You could try too hard to fill no penis' shoes and only post unfunny memes or berate undeserving posters?

sh*t, I'm not even funny and I don't think I can be as unfunny as that.  It was actually genius when you think about it.

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

80 refuses to adjust game to the right size of players.  

80's game blows up on D1.

Go figure. 

My game blowing up is no surprise to anyone.

But the "right size of players" used to be fairly large around here.  Too bad Pac and the Ape ran off all the old veterans (though of course CTM deserves blame too, since he ruins everything).  I admit that the 16 I shot for was too high.  But when possible, bigger games are more fun, IMO. 

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But the "right size of players" used to be fairly large around here.  Too bad Pac and the Ape ran off all the old veterans (though of course CTM deserves blame too, since he ruins everything).  I admit that the 16 I shot for was too high.  But when possible, bigger games are more fun, IMO. 

Meh, I like the short and sweet ones.  The bigger games, IMO, makes it easier for people to barely participate and scum to hide. 

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I've seen people hide or fail to participate in smaller games too lately. 

We used to run people up simply for not posting.  Not the best course of action as it generally led to a run up, reveal, run someone else up, they reveal and on and on cycle.  It was an attempt to force people to participate...but it's greatly flawed.

I would agree with JiF that it's easier to lose track of people in the larger 18-20+ player games.  That would happen back in the day and we'd literally forget Sharrow was playing for like a week and a half lol.  There's just so much going on it's harder.  10-12 players and no one can really hide because people take notice.  You're both right though in that there are going to be those sometimes regardless of game size.

Bigger is better.

Don't be too afraid of my presence people. I know you had to apply to play and I was headhunted. Sure I was provided with full medical and dental upon joining Jetnation and your only unpaid interns. But, lets not let that start off our relationship on a sour note.

Death Scene

The Science Pirate awoke from out of consciousness unaware of where she was.  She was no longer wearing her flying suit, that contained all of her powers.  Somehow it had been lost in combat, she thought.

She had just defeated her enemy, the Skyguard, in a battle in New York City.  But where there should have been a huge pile of rubble, a result of the explosion, there was nothing.  Only pavement.  And while this place resembled New York, everything seemed a little.....different.  There was an orange glow in the distance.  And it was a lot quieter than she'd expected. 

She knew she had to find her way back home, somehow.  She saw a hooded man in the distance, who was walking with a book in his hand.  She approached him. The book in his hand was titled "The Seduction of the Innocent". 

"Sir, can you help me?  I don't know where I am."

The man turned.  She gasped and took a step back.

The man had a white mask covering his face, under his hood. 

"I've been waiting for you, my child."  He said as he took a step forward.

"I....what....I don't.....HELP!!"  She screamed.  But no one was around.

He put his hands around her throat and squeezed, as she dropped to her knees.  Without her suit that gave her her abilities, she was powerless to stop him. 

She struggled at his hands, hopelessly trying to remove them from around her throat. 

And then.....her breathing stopped.

"A shame."  Said the hooded man.  "Perhaps she would have had usefulness to our cause, one day."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kane had found another body.  And what struck both he and Rad was how similar this woman looked like the first body they'd found, Sam Saturn.

"My God, she's a spitting image!"  Said Kane.

"Things are getting complicated now," Said Rad.  "Think this girl came from the other place, but is a different version of Sam Saturn?"

"Has to be."  Said Kane.  "This isn't a twin sister.  There wasn't one on file or anything.  And Katherine never mentioned a sister."

Rad shook his head and walked away.  He needed another drink.

Hallia, The Science Pirate (aka Lisa Saturn, New York City version of Sam Saturn), vanilla scum, is dead.

1 minute ago, Calder said:

Don't be too afraid of my presence people. I know you had to apply to play and I was headhunted. Sure I was provided with full medical and dental upon joining Jetnation and your only unpaid interns. But, lets not let that start off our relationship on a sour note.

Medical and dental? Everyone else just gets an enema from the Ape

Archived