Jets draft; (tea leaves edition)

Paradis

Jets close out a deal they started with TEN - swapping firsts (#20 for their #15), and TWO seconds (#43 & #45) in exchange for M. Wilkerson & our 3rd RND pick.

Jets draft:

1) Corey Coleman WR, Baylor.... Mac has done "extensive" research Coleman (rep. yesterday)

2) Noah Spence OLB, East. Kentucky... met with 3 times, and mac's taken chances (see Marshall)

2) Jaran Reed DT, Alabama.. private workouts and meet

2) Cardale Jones QB, Ohio St.... mac personally went to the proday. best consolation prize left.

4) Joe Dahl OT, Wsh state... jets have been reportedly high on the prospect

7) Tavon Young CB, Temple

7) Tevin Carter SS, Utah

Would you be happy with this? Or would you spend more to move up for a QB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Jets close out a deal they started with TEN - swapping firsts (#20 for their #15), and TWO seconds (#43 & #45) in exchange for M. Wilkerson & our 3rd RND pick.

Jets draft:

1) Corey Coleman WR, Baylor.... Mac has done "extensive" research Coleman (rep. yesterday)

2) Noah Spence OLB, East. Kentucky... met with 3 times, and mac's taken chances (see Marshall)

2) Cardale Jones QB, Ohio St.... mac personally went to the proday. best consolation prize left.

7) Tevin Carter SS, Utah

I know you love Lynch. How much higher than #15 do you see him going?

I know you love Lynch. How much higher than #15 do you see him going?

I think the general consensus now (post LA trade) is that if you want Lynch - you're gonna have to move up for him. Chances of him just "landing" in ours or anyone else's lap is next to zero. I'd say somewhere between 7-12 he's a goner.

Lynch has all the talent, and physical abilities you look for in an NFL QB, but he just seems to have that Mark Sanchez personality that just doesn't get it done in the NFL.

Goff had a photographic memory, and just seems like a natural NFL QB, not sure if he is the future top 5 in the league type, but def a long term starter IMO.

Wentz has IT, and I mean the Tom Brady kinda of IT, and all the physical abilities, and athletic abilities to be a top NFL QB for years and years IMO.

Would have loved to have gotten Wentz 

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I think the general consensus now (post LA trade) is that if you want Lynch - you're gonna have to move up for him. Chances of him just "landing" in ours or anyone else's lap is next to zero. I'd say somewhere between 7-12 he's a goner.

Could be right. For a year where the "experts" say there are only about 10-15 really good first round type talents, I think this first round is gonna be must see TV. I get the feeling there's going to be lots of activity.

11 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Lynch has all the talent, and physical abilities you look for in an NFL QB, but he just seems to have that Mark Sanchez personality that just doesn't get it done in the NFL.

Goff had a photographic memory, and just seems like a natural NFL QB, not sure if he is the future top 5 in the league type, but def a long term starter IMO.

Wentz has IT, and I mean the Tom Brady kinda of IT, and all the physical abilities, and athletic abilities to be a top NFL QB for years and years IMO.

Would have loved to have gotten Wentz 

there's nothing wrong with sanchez's personality.  i thought he was well liked in the jets locker room.  he's just not accurate.

i'd be surprised if lynch goes before the jets pick, he's just too much of a developmental guy to take so early.  

I don't like anything about this. Unless the Jets trading Mo for a move up of 5 spots and two second rounders is a precursor to another trade to getting Wentz or Goff. That's the only thing that makes sense.

Not really.

Look no one wants us to draft a QB more than me. It's entirely possible we'll never get that chance. At which point you have to move on.

So look at this mock thru that lense.

All depends on what the Browns want to do. But "reports" are that they still want to trade out of #2, which I think still gives us a legit shot at trading up for Wentz or Goff. 

Lynch I can see teams trading up between 10-20 for him. I love Lynch's upside more than Goff or Wentz. I'd be content with letting him sit a year if we got him.

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

Jets draft:

7) Tevin Carter SS, Utah

I feel like throwing up

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I get it. It's two weeks before the draft - when everyone becomes a fcking cynic and contributes about as much as my penis to the conversation.

Thanks pow-wow. You can go now.

My pointing penis can pick a better draft.  You asked so I answered. If you don't like the answer don't ask.

I like parts of the trade and truly believe the Jets and Texans will make a deal that involves Wilkerson and a few of those 2nd rounders .  You know I live the Coleman pick, so that's that .  I could live with Spence but don't see it happening . I take  Jarran Reed before I take Spence  and walk away smiling .

Not a bad draft, but can't we do better than Jones at QB.

Archived