Lynch, Floyd, Spence, Ragland, or Apple?

Sarge4Tide

Popular Jets Picks in the Latest Mock Drafts   

67 members have voted

1. 1. If the Jets HAD to pick one of these 5 players, I would pick.....

• Paxton Lynch QB Memphis
    • Leonard Floyd OLB Georgia
    • Noah Spence DE / LB EKU
    • Reggie Ragland ILB Alabama
    • Eli Apple CB Ohio State

5 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I don't think Spence falls to us. I don't believe teams are mocking him where the tv idiots are. He's too talented, someone will take him before us. If he's there at 20, take him and run.

I'd be fine with Oline or Lynch. 

Gotta get a QB so might as well get the best one available. Spence would be my second choice and I wouldn't need a gun to my head to make the pick. OT can be found in second round. TE or safety in third and WR or ILB in fourth.

Out of those choices at 20 I'm taking Lynch, but there are other players if they fell to 20 I wouldn't be mad with drafting even with Lynch still on the board....

It all depends on how this regime feels about Lynch...I'm of the opinion that if they like him they should just go get him! 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I hate to be picky but....

Lynch I would be fine with.

Floyd troubles me, where is the production to go along with the body and skinny legs?

Spence would be the ideal candidate but his character issues are still a big issue for me.

Ragland I would be genuinely upset at that pick.

Apple I would be genuinely upset at that pick.

Apple got as much bad tape as he has good I would be annoyed at that pick too

I am amazed at the love that Hackenburg has been getting lately.  Many people point to O'Brien leaving and thus the reason he regressed the last two years but heck even in his O'Brien year his stats were nothing to write home about,  20 tds, 10 ints, 59% comp rating.  I still have a huge buyer beware stamp on this guy.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I am amazed at the love that Hackenburg has been getting lately.  Many people point to O'Brien leaving and thus the reason he regressed the last two years but heck even in his O'Brien year his stats were nothing to write home about,  20 tds, 10 ints, 59% comp rating.  I still have a huge buyer beware stamp on this guy.

So you do think he is as good as he is going to get?  I don't; I think he has tremendous upside that was not developed at Penn State.  The biggest problem he has is the expectations he create coming out of high school.  Everyone expect him to have a great college career and instead he merely had a good one.  When I project his skill set onto the next level, I see a guy who should excel, especially with the right coaching and system. 

28 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

So you do think he is as good as he is going to get?  I don't; I think he has tremendous upside that was not developed at Penn State.  The biggest problem he has is the expectations he create coming out of high school.  Everyone expect him to have a great college career and instead he merely had a good one.  When I project his skill set onto the next level, I see a guy who should excel, especially with the right coaching and system. 

A really impactful QB makes his team around him better by hook or by crook, I don't think he did that to any great extent.  Accuracy is an issue.  I just get the impression that he has a fragile personality.  The NFL scrap heap is littered with guys with good physical skills and the right measurements. 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

That's pretty good for a true freshman in a top conference in a program that had just had an exodus of transfers and was getting ****ed by the NCAA.

Just now, detectivekimble said:

That's pretty good for a true freshman in a top conference in a program that had just had an exodus of transfers and was getting ****ed by the NCAA.

This argument about what is surrounding a player can be made for all sorts of QB's in the draft.  Hackenburg is certainly one of the more polarizing QBs in this draft along with Cook.  I won't get totally bent out of shape if the jets draft him but will if he is taken too early.  Hackenburg had some things to over come, his last few years it didn't look like he overcame them that well.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

A really impactful QB makes his team around him better by hook or by crook, I don't think he did that to any great extent.  Accuracy is an issue.  I just get the impression that he has a fragile personality.  The NFL scrap heap is littered with guys with good physical skills and the right measurements. 

So because others failed we assume he will to?  I don't see the accuracy issues you are talking about nor a fragile personality. I do believe he probably has the best arm of any qb in this class and played with a pretty sub par offensive line for a good part of his college career.   Look, I have no idea what he will do in the NFL but if I am going to gamble I would prefer to gamble on the guy with the most tools and see if he can put them all together.   Because if he does, we have our franchise quarterback. 

8 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

I would be shocked if we take Ragland.. We know Bowls loves speed on defense . He doesn't fit that mold at all .. 

I think darron lee has a chance to be a deone bucannon type player for us, he's my darkhorse

194.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true16. Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State, 6-0 ¾, 232 (4.43)

He has upper-tier athleticism and finds the ball and closes with big-time agility. Some teams consider him undersized. But a team that makes the right call in fitting him in its scheme in a weak-side role will benefit.

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

Exactly. But Shaq Lawson spent the entire national championship game in the Bama backfield, and he's considered a risky pick by many. Go figure.

actually it was Dodd  that had 3 sacks, but Bama's RT was awful and will not be drafted. Shaq is better than Floyd for sure

15 hours ago, Larz said:

I think darron lee has a chance to be a deone bucannon type player for us, he's my darkhorse

194.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true16. Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State, 6-0 ¾, 232 (4.43)

He has upper-tier athleticism and finds the ball and closes with big-time agility. Some teams consider him undersized. But a team that makes the right call in fitting him in its scheme in a weak-side role will benefit.

I was going to say the same thing ... I wouldn't be at all surprised if we picked Lee, I like the read on this guy.

But hey, I had the same feeling about IK when we drafted him, that he'd amount to something with us - well, he did, but it wasn't quite what I had in mind. :-) 

Archived