Poll: Fitz vs Geno

Mike135

Fitz or Geno?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. 2016 Starter?

• Fitz @8mil+ (most likely 10mil+ and multiple years)
    • Geno
    • Fitz @7mil and not a penny more! Otherwise Geno. (Added for LIJetsFan.)

22 minutes ago, jetrider said:

It's been discussed in countless threads that Geno and Fitz played for a different Jets team and coaching staff but nothing penetrates your bozone layer.

People like you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Or to discuss QB play.  

You left out that Geno was also a rookie learning a pro offense and a 2nd year player being compared to a 11 year vet. 

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mike135 said:

Because that would be cheap.

That 3rd option isn't a "Fitz" option.  Perhaps I'm giving some members here too much credit, but I think they can read the full text of the option.

It's a "Fitz and Geno" option.  Fitz for a certain amount, otherwise Geno.  Not very difficult to understand.

Which one of the options that says "Fitz" isn't a Fitz option? 

21 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Whose the better player? And Brees or any franchise Qb isn't available. 20 mil is the market price of a franchise Qb and many Jets fans on this board would sell their soul for one. I wouldn't but I'd give Fitz market for a starter which is over 7. And 7 is just a lowball made up figure which is unreasonable because no starting NFL Qb is getting paid that low.

Fitz isn't worth more than 7 mil.  How many times do you have to tell people that a QB no one wants is worth what a QB teams want is paid?  

The Jets are bidding against themselves and the clueless want to raise the offer.  About as rediculous a bargaining strategy as there ever was

23 minutes ago, jetrider said:

It's been discussed in countless threads that Geno and Fitz played for a different Jets team and coaching staff but nothing penetrates your bozone layer.

People like you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Played for a different Jets team? We had the same playmakers except Marshall. That's a good one. And you're saying that the previous coaching staff is the reason Geno had bottom of the league stats. Ridiculous excuses.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

The one that also says "Geno".

Is it just me?  Someone else please help me explain this.

There are three options.

Fitz

Geno

Fitz

Maybe something wrong with my screen, but I see two Fitz options with different salaries and combined, he's winning by an awful lot.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

There are three options.

Fitz

Geno

Fitz

Maybe something wrong with my screen, but I see two Fitz options with different salaries and combined, he's winning by an awful lot.

The third option says...

"Fitz @7mil and not a penny more! Otherwise Geno. (Added for LIJetsFan.)"

Just now, Mike135 said:

The third option says...

"Fitz @7mil and not a penny more! Otherwise Geno. (Added for LIJetsFan.)"

So that option is for Fitz at that price, right?  I mean, do you even need the "otherwise Geno" since he's the only other option in the poll?  Since they're the only two options listed, wouldn't that go without saying?

I'm not sure I've ever seen a poll before that gives multiple options for one choice.  Strange.

I'm just glad I know Mac has publicly cast his vote, we just don't know at what price.

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Played for a different Jets team? We had the same playmakers except Marshall. That's a good one. And you're saying that the previous coaching staff is the reason Geno had bottom of the league stats. Ridiculous excuses.

why are you guys afraid to find out what Geno might be able to do with this team? Every stupid excuse, every blind eye to the differences between the 2 teams, coaching staffs etc.  

Hey I know, let's put up a stupid, mindless poll to see how badly Fitz will beat Geno......ugh, duh, oops

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

So that option is for Fitz at that price, right?  I mean, do you even need the "otherwise Geno" since he's the only other option in the poll?  Since they're the only two options listed, wouldn't that go without saying?

I'm not sure I've ever seen a poll before that gives multiple options for one choice.  Strange.

I'm just glad I know Mac has publicly cast his vote, we just don't know at what price.

The third option was added later by request.

But it does make sense.  Some believe Fitz is better than Geno.  Just not worth over 7mil.  Whereas the other Fitz option basically means sign Fitz at any cost.

Just now, Mike135 said:

The third option was added later by request.

But it does make sense.  Some believe Fitz is better than Geno.  Just not worth over 7mil.  Like the other Fitz option which basically means sign Fitz at any cost.

Has any person on this board at any time ever suggested that Fitz should be signed "at any cost"?  If so, that person is insane.

Either way, it looks like the options with Fitz in them has 85 votes to Geno's 45, but it sounds as if some people are finding a way to give Geno credit for Fitz's votes or not count all of them.

Floridians, maybe?

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

why are you guys afraid to find out what Geno might be able to do with this team? Every stupid excuse, every blind eye to the differences between the 2 teams, coaching staffs etc.  

Hey I know, let's put up a stupid, mindless poll to see how badly Fitz will beat Geno......ugh, duh, oops

Because Fitz badly outplayed Geno that's why. And the players consider him their starting Qb and want him back. And he won the Jets locker room after Geno lost it. And granted he threw 3 picks against Buff but get over it. Stuff happens. Carson Palmer threw 4 and his team didn't go to the Super Bowl. And he's a better Qb than Fitz.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Has any person on this board at any time ever suggested that Fitz should be signed "at any cost"?  If so, that person is insane.

Either way, it looks like the options with Fitz in them has 85 votes to Geno's 45, but it sounds as if some people are finding a way to give Geno credit for Fitz's votes or not count all of them.

Floridians, maybe?

The options that have "Geno" in them have 88 votes.

The options that have "Geno" in them have 88 votes.

Okay, now I understand.  One option with Fitz.  One option with Geno.  One option with both.  Give Geno credit for the option that names both.  

Good stuff.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Because Fitz badly outplayed Geno that's why. And the players consider him their starting Qb and want him back. And he won the Jets locker room after Geno lost it. And granted he threw 3 picks against Buff but get over it. Stuff happens. Carson Palmer threw 4 and his team didn't go to the Super Bowl. And he's a better Qb than Fitz.

Palmer has a job.

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Because Fitz badly outplayed Geno that's why. And the players consider him their starting Qb and want him back. And he won the Jets locker room after Geno lost it. And granted he threw 3 picks against Buff but get over it. Stuff happens. Carson Palmer threw 4 and his team didn't go to the Siper Bowl. And he's a better Qb than Fitz.

Fitz has never outplayed Geno.  Geno was completely outplaying Fitz up to getting punched out.  Same team, same coaching staff, same WRs, etc.  

The players are all saying they're fine with Geno at QB.  No matter how you stroke yourself.  

Clueless fans think players win and lose lockerooms when they're punched out.  Whoever gives them the best chance to win is the the lockeroom leader.  If he's a dick or a nice guy, players don't give a shlt.  Stupid fans think they do.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Fitz has never outplayed Geno.  Geno was completely outplaying Fitz up to getting punched out.  Same team, same coaching staff, same WRs, etc.  

The players are all saying they're fine with Geno at QB.  No matter how you stroke yourself.  

Clueless fans think players win and lose lockerooms when they're punched out.  Whoever gives them the best chance to win is the the lockeroom leader.  If he's a dick or a nice guy, players don't give a shlt.  Stupid fans think they do.

How much stock can you really put in 7-on-7's in training camp atmosphere with no hitting?

When was the last time you heard of a team publicly saying they thought their QB was no good?

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Okay, now I understand.  One option with Fitz.  One option with Geno.  One option with both.  Give Geno credit for the option that names both.  

Good stuff.

Read the option.  Comprehend the option.

If 7mil or less, Fitz.  If over 7mil, Geno.

My guess is that's around 1st grade level reading and comprehension.

Just now, AFJF said:

How much stock can you really put in 7-on-7's in training camp atmosphere with no hitting?

Every reporter said it.  Westhoff was shocked how much better Geno looked than Fitz.  Chan was saying it.  

Was there time to turn it around?  Yes, but why is winning the early showing while the CS wants you to start a bad thing?  

There's a lot of scoffing at the idea that Geno could ever beat Fitz on any level but the fact is for the time they both were at practice, Geno was the better QB.  

Just now, Mike135 said:

Read the option.  Comprehend the option.

If 7mil or less, Fitz.  If over 7mil, Geno.

My guess is that's around 1st grade level reading and comprehension.

Fitz @ 8 mil 

Fitz @ 7 mil   

Both list Fitz as the option no matter what caveat you throw in at the end of the answer.

You know what though, it doesn't matter.  The only opinions that really mean anything here are Mac and Bolwes, and since taking over they've traded for one QB and drafted two more while naming Fitz the starter next season.  I think that tells us all we need to know about how they view Geno, unless you think they just like throwing away draft picks at a position where they already have a stud starter.

27 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Why not make one choice "Geno" and then a dozen or so different Fitz options to water down the percentages and then Geno can win this poll the same way he "won" the starting job last season?  LOL

Amen!

insane poll to begin with

reminds me of something like this:

A. - blowjob from Kate Upton for 1 night paying her 30 million dollars & slipping her a Mickey 

B - sex with Rosanne Barr paying for pitcher of Budweiser & cab fare home

C - handjob from Kate Upton for 7 million $

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Every reporter said it.  Westhoff was shocked how much better Geno looked than Fitz.  Chan was saying it.  

Was there time to turn it around?  Yes, but why is winning the early showing while the CS wants you to start a bad thing?  

There's a lot of scoffing at the idea that Geno could ever beat Fitz on any level but the fact is for the time they both were at practice, Geno was the better QB.  

To each his own, but I don't get too fired up about QB's playing catch with receivers who are rarely even wearing full equipment when they know nobody is allowed to hit them.  

They hadn't played a single pre-season snap at the point that Geno was "winning" the 7-on-7 drill competition.

Yes, Westhoff was impressed, I overheard quite a few glowing comments from him about the offense when I was standing next to him.  He said it "looked completely different" and  the offense was "rejuvinated"...I was excited too.  I thought mabye Geno had turned the corner and grown up, then he got knocked out in an incident that his own head coach said was grade school stuff and Revis, the most respected guy in that locker room, said both guys were at fault.  

At that point, I decided I'd rather see the Jets go with a grown up at the position who knows how to lead.  Fitz did that.  Hopefully Petty or Hack can do the same if Geno is still Geno.

Just now, AFJF said:

To each his own, but I don't get too fired up about QB's playing catch with receivers who are rarely even wearing full equipment when they know nobody is allowed to hit them.  

They hadn't played a single pre-season snap at the point that Geno was "winning" the 7-on-7 drill competition.

Yes, Westhoff was impressed, I overheard quite a few glowing comments from him about the offense when I was standing next to him.  He said it "looked completely different" and  the offense was "rejuvinated"...I was excited too.  I thought mabye Geno had turned the corner and grown up, then he got knocked out in an incident that his own head coach said was grade school stuff and Revis, the most respected guy in that locker room, said both guys were at fault.  

At that point, I decided I'd rather see the Jets go with a grown up at the position who knows how to lead.  Fitz did that.  Hopefully Petty or Hack can do the same if Geno is still Geno.

And all,the circling of excuses brings us back to where we were.  On equal footing, practicing with the same CS and team Fitz was being badly outplayed.

Only to a Fitz apologist is this a good thing.  All the rest of the nonsense about who was at fault for the punch is just that.  No one cares about that nonsense, just fans.  Whoever gives the team the best chance to win will be the guy they want at QB no matter how big a dick he may be.  

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

So the only ones who have trouble understanding the options are Fitz supporters.  Coincidence?

The Fitz option is the one that you F'd up to sway results that is why you are getting the handy' from the Geno guys & being called out from the Fitz guys who aren't quite done bothering to respond back to the Geno crowd.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

And all,the circling of excuses brings us back to where we were.  On equal footing, practicing with the same CS and team Fitz was being badly outplayed.

Only to a Fitz apologist is this a good thing.  All the rest of the nonsense about who was at fault for the punch is just that.  No one cares about that nonsense, just fans.  Whoever gives the team the best chance to win will be the guy they want at QB no matter how big a dick he may be.  

If by "equal footing" you mean "FO has said Fitz is the starter upon return" then yes, footing is equal.

How do you know how much the team cares about what goes on in the locker room?  Do you honestly believe they publicly share their feelings about the LR?

If Geno is better, please tell me why he wasn't the starter against Jacksonville and the Jets opted to rush Fitz back from surgery to get him on the field.

Even I was mad about that.  I wanted to see what Geno could do against a bad defense with a full load of practice reps but Todd Bowles and the Jets rushed the recently repaired Fitz back on the field not long after having him play with a bionic glove to keep Geno on the bench in the previous game.  Surely if Geno "won" the competition and was the "better" player then they would have benched Fitz when he needed surgery.  So strange.

8 minutes ago, ljr said:

The Fitz option is the one that you F'd up to sway results that is why you are getting the handy' from the Geno guys & being called out from the Fitz guys who aren't quite done bothering to respond back to the Geno crowd.

The Fitz option is clearly defined with expected salary of 8mil+.

The Geno option is clear as day.

The either-or option is also clearly defined.  

Fitz very well could be winning this IF you believe he will accept 7mil.  I don't.  Hence in my opinion, Geno is kickin' Fitz's @ss.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

The Fitz option is Cleary defined with expected salary of 8mil+.

Fitz very well could be winning this IF you believe he will accept 7mil.  I don't.  Hence in my opinion, Geno is kickin' Fitz's @ss.

Similar to the way he was "kicking his ass" in training camp right before he got benched for 14 straight games....LOL

Geno kicked Fitz's ass like the Ost Battalions kicked ass on D-Day.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Similar to the way he was "kicking his ass" in training camp right before he got benched for 14 straight games....LOL

Geno kicked Fitz's ass like the Ost Battalions kicked ass on D-Day.

geno-smith-flexing.jpg

The Fitz option is Cleary defined with expected salary of 8mil+.

Bro you either see the fallacy or you don't ..

There was a special needs facility a couple towns over from where I grew up.

when asked what 5 + 5 equals the kids would give answers like "scrambled eggs" or "Willy Wonka"

glad I now know what happened to those kids.

I'm done wasting my time 

1 minute ago, ljr said:

Bro you either see the fallacy or you don't ..

There was a special needs facility a couple towns over from where I grew up.

when asked what 5 + 5 equals the kids would give answers like "scrambled eggs" or "Willy Wonka"

glad I now know what happened to those kids.

I'm done wasting my time 

And mine.

Archived