Poll: Fitz vs Geno

Mike135

Fitz or Geno?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. 2016 Starter?

• Fitz @8mil+ (most likely 10mil+ and multiple years)
    • Geno
    • Fitz @7mil and not a penny more! Otherwise Geno. (Added for LIJetsFan.)

12 minutes ago, AFJF said:

If by "equal footing" you mean "FO has said Fitz is the starter upon return" then yes, footing is equal.

How do you know how much the team cares about what goes on in the locker room?  Do you honestly believe they publicly share their feelings about the LR?

If Geno is better, please tell me why he wasn't the starter against Jacksonville and the Jets opted to rush Fitz back from surgery to get him on the field.

Even I was mad about that.  I wanted to see what Geno could do against a bad defense with a full load of practice reps but Todd Bowles and the Jets rushed the recently repaired Fitz back on the field not long after having him play with a bionic glove to keep Geno on the bench in the previous game.  Surely if Geno "won" the competition and was the "better" player then they would have benched Fitz when he needed surgery.  So strange.

Because the history of the NFL is littered with dickhead QBs who lead teams for years?   Because I've known a few players and have heard enough stories?  Because Decker, Marshall, Bowles and Macc are cool with Geno as their QB?  

Because if it's Fitzs team, if the Jets are itching to put Fitz back at QB why won't they pay him starting QB money?  

The tired excuse of why Geno wasn't put back in?  Because why rock the boat.  What sense would it have made, they were playing ok and Geno hadn't practiced.  The injury to Fitz was not a big deal.  It's all assbackwards logic used here.  When the most telling indicator is why aren't they giving Fitz a 2 year starters contract? 

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, AFJF said:

If by "equal footing" you mean "FO has said Fitz is the starter upon return" then yes, footing is equal.

How do you know how much the team cares about what goes on in the locker room?  Do you honestly believe they publicly share their feelings about the LR?

If Geno is better, please tell me why he wasn't the starter against Jacksonville and the Jets opted to rush Fitz back from surgery to get him on the field.

Even I was mad about that.  I wanted to see what Geno could do against a bad defense with a full load of practice reps but Todd Bowles and the Jets rushed the recently repaired Fitz back on the field not long after having him play with a bionic glove to keep Geno on the bench in the previous game.  Surely if Geno "won" the competition and was the "better" player then they would have benched Fitz when he needed surgery.  So strange.

It's so weird that Geno himself wasn't 100% n Fitz had just come back from a rotator cuff surgery. Oh wait, it was a non-throwing thumb injury. I wonder how he was able throw having his left thumb cut off his hand? 

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 8:43 AM, YankeeJet22 said:

Anyone picking the first option is on crack. 

Anyone picking the 2nd option is on a combination of Crystal Meth, Heroin and the Devil's Breath.

Start Fitz for next 2 years @ 20 million, contract based on performance like the Browns did with RG3.  That's a fair price. He's earned it.  Chase Daniels is making 7 mill as Eagles backup. The price for QB's has gone up. You're not getting a veteran backup for less than 5 mill and you're not getting a bona fide starter for less than 10 mill year. Go with 3 QB's this year.  Fitz, Petty and Hack. Cut Geno.  Enough of this nonsense.  

8 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Start Fitz for next 2 years @ 20 million, contract based on performance like the Browns did with RG3.  That's a fair price. He's earned it.  Chase Daniels is making 7 mill as Eagles backup. The price for QB's has gone up. You're not getting a veteran backup for less than 5 mill and you're not getting a bona fide starter for less than 10 mill year. Go with 3 QB's this year.  Fitz, Petty and Hack. Cut Geno.  Enough of this nonsense.  

At least I agree with the bolded part.

To me though, that means to pay Fitz 5mil.  Let him backup the other 3.  Just like he was brought here to do last season.

5 hours ago, j4jets said:

It's so weird that Geno himself wasn't 100% n Fitz had just come back from a rotator cuff surgery. Oh wait, it was a non-throwing thumb injury. I wonder how he was able throw having his left thumb cut off his hand? 

Thats the same thing I wonder every time I hear someone say "The Jets rushed Fitz back from surgery", like it was his throwing hand or something lol. They make it sound so theatrical, as if Fitz did the impossible just so the Jets could keep Geno off the field. We've seen numerous QB's play with, off all things, fractured ribs. Fitz injuring his non-throwing hand yet continues to play is somehow an indication that they rushed him back just to keep Geno off the field? They didnt even "rush him back" because the dude never left, he never missed a practice before the surgery and I think after the surgery he missed one. 

This dude tears a ligament in his thumb, which they simply gave him a hard nike glove to protect it before and post surgery. A friggin nike glove! How devastating.

Jets fans will say just about anything for the purpose of the dramatic. 

5 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

At least I agree with the bolded part.

To me though, that means to pay Fitz 5mil.  Let him backup the other 3.  Just like he was brought here to do last season.

But the whole problem is that Fitz finally developed into a decent NFL QB. Now he wants to be paid fair market value as a starter.  I don't blame him for not taking less than 10 million.  We don't know what numbers are being thrown out there but Petty or Hack need another 2 years minimum to develop.  Base the contract on performance, games played etc over the 2 year span. fair for both sides. 15 to 20 million like the browns did with RG3.  That's a smart contract by the Browns.  

7 minutes ago, Powpow said:

But the whole problem is that Fitz finally developed into a decent NFL QB. Now he wants to be paid fair market value as a starter.  I don't blame him for not taking less than 10 million.  We don't know what numbers are being thrown out there but Petty or Hack need another 2 years minimum to develop.  Base the contract on performance, games played etc over the 2 year span. fair for both sides. 15 to 20 million like the browns did with RG3.  That's a smart contract by the Browns.  

Another problem is he may not even start.  So I would think something similar to your suggestion would work.

2 years, 10mil guaranteed, another 10mil in bonuses for playing time and playoffs.

That'd be a win win.

7 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Another problem is he may not even start.  So I would think something similar to your suggestion would work.

2 years, 10mil guaranteed, another 10mil in bonuses for playing time and playoffs.

That'd be a win win.

Oh he would start all right. No question about it.  The only way he doesn't start is he's not on the team.  I have zero doubt he will be the starter this coming year.  Does he have flaws? Absolutely. But he just outdid himself last year.  And that's a good thing for us. Yet everyone on here who is against Fitz continues to bitch about his ability to get us to the next level.  Problem is we don't have anyone else at this point so he a good alternative for the time being until one of these two, Petty or Hack, are ready.          

44 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Anyone suggesting that the Jets raise their already highest offer on the table to Fitzpatrick and start him for the next two years is on a combination of Crystal Meth, Heroin and the Devil's Breath.

13 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Oh he would start all right. No question about it.  The only way he doesn't start is he's not on the team.  I have zero doubt he will be the starter this coming year.  Does he have flaws? Absolutely. But he just outdid himself last year.  And that's a good thing for us. Yet everyone on here who is against Fitz continues to bitch about his ability to get us to the next level.  Problem is we don't have anyone else at this point so he a good alternative for the time being until one of these two, Petty or Hack, are ready.          

To each their own.

Reminds me of a feature suggestion for the board though.  Not that your comment was really that crazy or anything, but did make me think of the suggestion.

The ability to store/organize references to posts.  So at some point in 2016, whether it's week 1 or week 10, when Geno comes in and starts kickin' @ss, it'd be easy to remind the doubters of their previous comments.

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Anyone suggesting that the Jets raise their already highest offer on the table to Fitzpatrick and start him for the next two years is on a combination of Crystal Meth, Heroin and the Devil's Breath.

Looks like JetNation's drug epidemic is getting even worse.  33% of our fellow fans are afflicted.

33 minutes ago, slats said:

How original. And how do you know what their highest offer is? No one does. Last offer was 7 mill. They are in the negotiation stage regardless of what has been said.  They need Fitz for another 2 years unless you want to see them go 3-14 for the next 2 years under a QB who will get destroyed and lose any self confidence they are trying to instill. 

6 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

You obviously voted for the 1st option. So you're ok with a 10mil backup QB? Crack is wack. 

He's the starter not the backup.  He's earned the job or don't you listen to Mac's sound bites.  Or to Jet players who are totally behind him. 10 mill is fair value. If you'd not like Fitz tough sh*t. He will get it and you can start your wining thread which is inevitable once he's signed. 

10 minutes ago, Powpow said:

He's the starter not the backup.  He's earned the job or don't you listen to Mac's sound bites.  Or to Jet players who are totally behind him. 10 mill is fair value. If you'd not like Fitz tough sh*t. He will get it and you can start your wining thread which is inevitable once he's signed. 

Wrong. I don't mind fitz coming back. But  only at one year 7mil. And yeah he should be the starter going in, but he may not be long for the job. 

2 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Wrong. I don't mind fitz coming back. But  only at one year 7mil. And yeah he should be the starter going in, but he may not be long for the job. 

7 mill won't get it done. Not after Chase Daniels signed that contract to be the back up at 7 mill.  2 years is a must. Performance based max out at 20 mill. 

1 minute ago, Powpow said:

7 mill won't get it done. Not after Chase Daniels signed that contract to be the back up at 7 mill.  2 years is a must. Performance based max out at 20 mill. 

Hoyer also signed for 2.

11 minutes ago, Powpow said:

If not the Jets where do you think Fitz will go for his starter money, and starting job?

8 hours ago, Mike135 said:

The Fitz option is clearly defined with expected salary of 8mil+.

The Geno option is clear as day.

The either-or option is also clearly defined.  

Fitz very well could be winning this IF you believe he will accept 7mil.  I don't.  Hence in my opinion, Geno is kickin' Fitz's @ss.

The bold is the bottom line.  Since most of you Fitz supported are loudly protesting the "low ball" 7m offer even you have to see that Geno is ahead in the poll.    

4 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

If not the Jets where do you think Fitz will go for his starter money, and starting job?

It's evident he's just considered the starter here in NY.  He knows it, the Jets know it, the whole football world knows it. But the man has pride and it doesn't appear he's willing to settle for the 7 mill. I really do believe both sides want to work it out and we'll see a deal get done. 

Just now, LIJetsFan said:

The bold is the bottom line.  Since most of you Fitz supported are loudly protesting the "low ball" 7m offer even you have to see that Geno is ahead in the poll.    

A voice of reason.  Thank you.

15 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Hooray Geno is winning the poll. At least he's winning at something am I right? I mean he lost his starting job to a journeyman QB, had a chance to reclaim it and farted, and now has been basically pigeon holed by Mac the entire off season as the back up to Fitz for the 2016 season.  Way to go Geno! 

10 minutes ago, Powpow said:

It's evident he's just considered the starter here in NY.  He knows it, the Jets know it, the whole football world knows it. But the man has pride and it doesn't appear he's willing to settle for the 7 mill. I really do believe both sides want to work it out and we'll see a deal get done. 

Just put yourself in his situation, We all talk about millions like they're nothing, but he has a chance to start on a pro football team. Not compete but start with really good players that he's been to battle with. He's 33 years old and may not get another chance to start in his life. You think about that for awhile. When he's 40, 50 years old do you think he might regret not taking the opportunity? Oh how proud he'll be telling the story of how he retired instead of settling for the pittance of 7 million dollars. 

He could turn another good year into changing his life's story, he could sign as a backup next year, or he could get an early jump on his insurance business. He's got time to think about it, and I believe he'll make the right choice. 

1 minute ago, Powpow said:

Geno getting ready for the 2016 season. 

Lol, gotta toughen up the face bones.  No more face injuries costing him the starting gig this year.  He'll be able to take blows from Mangold, Sheldon and Wilk.

Archived