Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

1 hour ago, Nynaeve said:

Ok. We got what your stance is. But It's out of your hands anyhow cause you're not the king. How about actually commenting about players in the game? I mean you were complaining earlier about the lack of content. I think you have more to work with now, and I'm just dying to hear about it.

I don't speak about players without substance.  I still have nothing meaningful to add in that regard, beyond finding Smash's responses to JIF mildly concerning.  You may find that I approach this game differently than some others.

Interestingly, someone wanting me to shut up about a strategy that likely provides town a mathematical advantage in day one, does give me at least something to think about.

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

I don't speak about players without substance.  I still have nothing meaningful to add in that regard, beyond finding Smash's responses to JIF mildly concerning.  You may find that I approach this game differently than some others.

Interestingly, someone wanting me to shut up about a strategy that likely provides town a mathematical advantage in day one, does give me at least something to think about.

It's fine to give your opinion. But that's literally the only thing you've talked about, beyond your initial paranoia chatter.

Interestingly, someone wanting to drown in strategy talk and not comment on ANY players does give me at least something to think about.

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Just now, gEYno said:

I don't know.  Sorry if that answer doesn't suit you.

I can dig the honesty at least.  I have you in my town pile.

I don't know.  Sorry if that answer doesn't suit you.

Hold up - you go on and on about statistical advantages making information gathering obsolete, and then you fart out "I don't know."

Total awesome.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I might get things thrown at me but I can kind of support Pac being king tomorrow.  It'll be entertaining at the very least.  And we can berate him when he inevitably makes a disastrously poor choice.

Sure, lets appoint a king that likes to vig me for lulz. That's gonna go great xD

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

It's fine to give your opinion. But that's literally the only thing you've talked about, beyond your initial paranoia chatter.

Interestingly, someone wanting to drown in strategy talk and not comment on ANY players does give me at least something to think about.

You've played this game a lot.  What percentage of the time have you been right about a player day one?

• Upvote 1

You've played this game a lot.  What percentage of the time have you been right about a player day one?

Last game a townie lynch on Day 1 pointed directly to catching 2 scum the next two days.  The odds can't really be evaluated in a vacuum like that. 

Here's how it went 

Calder -Hally isn't obvtown and that makes her scum!

Hally:What about this one game this just happened where I was town and mislynched D1?

Calder: I dunno, I wasn't in it, what game?

Hally: Uh...the one you're spectating?

Calder: well I wasssss, but I'm not anymore.

Convenient, eh?

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I might get things thrown at me but I can kind of support Pac being king tomorrow.  It'll be entertaining at the very least.  And we can berate him when he inevitably makes a disastrously poor choice.

I love this plan and I'm excited to be  part of it.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, D P R said:

Hold up - you go on and on about statistical advantages making information gathering obsolete, and then you fart out "I don't know."

Total awesome.

This post also does not follow any train of logic.  There's only a handful (I assume 4) people who do know.  The rest of us are largely just making false correlations.

Just now, gEYno said:

We've lynched scum on d1 in some games. In others, not. Hell, I've been lynched as scum on d1 myself on Dragonmount. But even when we didn't net scum d1 or hell, even d2, the information gained from people's stances, votes and the flips were a big part of why we managed to catch scum going forward. Otherwise what are we even doing? 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Last game a townie lynch on Day 1 pointed directly to catching 2 scum the next two days.  The odds can't really be evaluated in a vacuum like that. 

I wasn't there, so I don't know what happened, but that's terribly embarrassing for scum.  It also took place in a game where there was a consensus lynch.

Treating this game like it's the same as all others is probably a mistake.

I wasn't there, so I don't know what happened, but that's terribly embarrassing for scum.  It also took place in a game where there was a consensus lynch.

Treating this game like it's the same as all others is probably a mistake.

I'm not, I'm just saying it happens.  You had a legendary D1 scum catch that is forever known as being "Irish Jetted".  So discounting that and discouraging active town play isn't the best strategy in my mind. 

The mechanics of this game are different than any game I've played before but that just means we have to work even harder, I would think.  Scum has been getting away with being inactive here lately, and in this type of game, it would seem that kind of play would be even more beneficial to scum.  Plus its not a fun way to play in my mind.  So yeah, I can't support it.

This post also does not follow any train of logic.  There's only a handful (I assume 4) people who do know.  The rest of us are largely just making false correlations.

This smells like panic to me. Fresh, juicy panic.

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

We've lynched scum on d1 in some games. In others, not. Hell, I've been lynched as scum on d1 myself on Dragonmount. But even when we didn't net scum d1 or hell, even d2, the information gained from people's stances, votes and the flips were a big part of why we managed to catch scum going forward. Otherwise what are we even doing? 

Again, my feeling is that this game is quite different.  DPR is calling for a consensus, but no one is under any obligation to give him one.  If you don't think that is a huge difference, I don't know what to tell you.

Just now, D P R said:

This smells like panic to me. Fresh, juicy panic.

Which is exactly why we need not read into day one too much.  You have the power to kill me.  Do it if you like, you'll see you were wrong not only with your vote but with your read.  And my death, won't help anyone.

Just now, gEYno said:

Again, my feeling is that this game is quite different.  DPR is calling for a consensus, but no one is under any obligation to give him one.  If you don't think that is a huge difference, I don't know what to tell you.

How is it different? We always have to reach a consensus in games via majority. Even with a normal setup. He's basically saying we do what we always do, reach majority and we basically lynch the person that most players find suspicious. Like we ALWAYS do.  His suggestion isn't alignment indicative, but it's still a sound one.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Can't speak for Nyn but I know for a fact Ape is between 100% and 107.5% nailing scum day 1.  Typically the entire scum team, sk, vig and even an occasional symp.  

Ever since the start of the year I've been a late bloomer and only caught scum d2 or d3. But I've had a lot on my mind so *shrugs*

Just terrible.

3 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Which is exactly why we need not read into day one too much.  You have the power to kill me.  Do it if you like, you'll see you were wrong not only with your vote but with your read.  And my death, won't help anyone.

Ha!  This is kind of funny.  You're against DPR taking his time to make a good decision, weighing what town wants to do in the process.  Then you protest your own death because it "won't help anyone".  If you were to follow DPR's line of thinking, you wouldn't be on the lynch radar at all.  Follow your own thinking, and there's no difference between you and the current vote leaders. 

See why DPR's strategy, at least on Day 1, is a pretty good one?  We need to make an informative lynch today.