Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm not, I'm just saying it happens.  You had a legendary D1 scum catch that is forever known as being "Irish Jetted".  So discounting that and discouraging active town play isn't the best strategy in my mind. 

The mechanics of this game are different than any game I've played before but that just means we have to work even harder, I would think.

I did.  But I'd played a few games before that and a few after.  That was one, extremely rare instance where he screwed up.  Further, I knew every single player in that game well.  I know less than half of the ones here, and can't even rely on old data at this point as to how they play.  Right now, I genuinely believe that thinning the field while people can easily hide is the best strategy.

4 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

How is it different? We always have to reach a consensus in games via majority. Even with a normal setup. He's basically saying we do what we always do, reach majority and we basically lynch the person that most players find suspicious. Like we ALWAYS do.  His suggestion isn't alignment indicative, but it's still a sound one.

You've already complained that I've repeated myself.  Do I need to repeat again that we'd be lynching without consensus?

Just now, gEYno said:

You've already complained that I've repeated myself.  Do I need to repeat again that we'd be lynching without consensus?

i didn't say you were repeating yourself. I said this was the only thing you were talking about. Still is.

But w/e. I'm done talking about this. 

10 hours ago, gEYno said:

Wasn't 3 the most we'd gotten so far??

I think so -- again, I'm not really disagreeing with you at this point.  IF we could get to a majority, that person should be the lynch.  If not...meh.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

kill an inactive .. he hand is I winnable on not fun with a bunch of people not even playing  

Celebrating lynch Nol Wednesday early is always recommended, but I must remind you he isn't playing just in case you forget in your drunken stupor later.

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

JiF's bloodlust for me is so town-friendly, isn't it?  Yeah, I get it, I'm an annoyance.  But at least I'm participating.

Bring it in, Seachicken.  It's okay.

(also I agree...but I'd bet JiF would say no one else is caring why should I.  Meh)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTM said:

kill an inactive .. he hand is I winnable on not fun with a bunch of people not even playing  

I don't think this is a good strategy.  Worked last game but scum knows that and sure they will be more active this game.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You've spent most of this game in defensive mode.  Why are you so sensitive to being FOSed?  Where's the goofing off Calder who likes to claim scum?

I only really claim scum about half the time. Plenty of goofing off too.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ha!  This is kind of funny.  You're against DPR taking his time to make a good decision, weighing what town wants to do in the process.  Then you protest your own death because it "won't help anyone".  If you were to follow DPR's line of thinking, you wouldn't be on the lynch radar at all.  Follow your own thinking, and there's no difference between you and the current vote leaders. 

See why DPR's strategy, at least on Day 1, is a pretty good one?  We need to make an informative lynch today.

You do realize that the difference between me and other people is that I know that I am not an assassin, which is why I can say that it won't be useful...  It's based on an exceptionally poor read.  However, I am telling him to go for it if he believes I am, because he has that ability and it mathematically makes sense...

I'm sorry, I just don't agree that this game should be played like all others.

4 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Trolling me isn't gonna do you any favors.

You should understand me a bit better than that. The trolling is for me.

The mislynch that may or may not come is an investment. An investment in the future. 

12 minutes ago, Hallia said:

Also, adding Balls-in to my wtl -  that reads list read to me like he was posting for the sake of posting.  What's the point when you don't give actual reads on like 80% of the people??

80% of the people either had no content or I didn't have a read on.  You on the other hand will get by with the I love you all bullsh*t!  Pandering to the masses.

2 minutes ago, AVM said:

I think so -- again, I'm not really disagreeing with you at this point.  IF we could get to a majority, that person should be the lynch.  If not...meh.

Yup.

But we're 2.5 hours from lynch and no majority in sight.  Why this is difficult to understand I do not know.

To Calder v Hallia (or whatever)...

Hallia did come out of the gates last game literally shouting "yay I'm finally town!!!!"...so...point there.

However, she also got admonished for it and almost lynched all game.  I wouldn't exactly expect her to do so again, if town.  It makes me uneasy that he's talking about her being obvious when town after last game, which he wasn't here for.  Could be a bad distancing attempt, too.

Vote Count

Calder (6) - Leelou, Hallia, Crusher, Lily, JC, Nyn

Decker (3) - Crusher, CTM, 80

Ballin (2) - AVM, Crusher

80 (1) - Decker

DPR (1) - Crusher

Lily (1) - Calder

JiF (1) - Smash

Not Voting (6) - Pac, JiF, Lily, Ballin, LK, EY

With 18 alive (+ ghost Hess) it takes 1 stupid vote by DPR for a life to be snuffed out in this stupid game.

Deadline:  Whenever the f*ck DPR decides whilst sipping a martini.

3 minutes ago, Calder said:

You should understand me a bit better than that. The trolling is for me.

The mislynch that may or may not come is an investment. An investment in the future. 

And you should understand me a bit better than that too. If I try to hear you out, trolling me in response is a stupid thing to do.

In my brief re-read to collect votes I just thought I'd point out these two posts of interest:

13 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Good points I agree DPR should make his vote on what he decides not on the majority vote. I'm sure something in this thread struck him as scummy.

Here's Smash agreeing with EY's gameplan.  Seems very sheepy. 

10 hours ago, Pac said:

Which is why I admonished DPR earlier for declaring he'd do whatever the town consensus was.

It's a foolish strategy in that it makes the King role obsolete.  It tells us nothing about his motives, reads, or alignment.

I have a perfect way of handling the King role and herby announce I'll take the throne if given the chance.  This would be the best strategy for town to implement.  Let the greatest natural scum hunter in the northern hemisphere do the heavy lifting.

Here's where Pac disagrees with DPR's strategy and claims he has a plan to victory.

***TRUMPETS***

HEAR YE, HEAR YE...

My day 1 impressions:

EY may be rusty, but he's backpedaling. He went from his "statistics over information gathering" stance to an apology tour. Scummish.

Calder is trying to sprinkle clever over his fluff. Scummish.

Nyn went from attacking to agreeing. Never a good sign.

Pac is holding back - he wants to say more (you know he does) but is restraining himself.

JC feels a bit off, like a guy who knows he's gonna peak at 1 and doesn't want to wait until 4.

And then we have the lurkers.

CTM is like a grounded, one winged plane. It's kind of sad. 

The rest is meh so far.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Vote Count

Calder (6) - Leelou, Hallia, Crusher, Lily, JC, Nyn

80 (1) - Decker

DPR (1) - Crusher

Lily (1) - Calder

JiF (1) - Smash

Not Voting (6) - Pac, JiF, Lily, Ballin, LK, EY

With 18 alive (+ ghost Hess) it takes 1 stupid vote by DPR for a life to be snuffed out in this stupid game.

unvote

vote hallia

Vote Count

Calder (5) - Leelou, Hallia, Crusher, Lily, JC

Hallia (3) - Calder, Ballin, Nyn

80 (1) - Decker

DPR (1) - Crusher

JiF (1) - Smash

Not Voting (5) - Pac, JiF, Lily, LK, EY

1 minute ago, D P R said:

Nyn went from attacking to agreeing. Never a good sign.

That's BS. When I addressed the tactic chatter, I gave my opinion about it and I couldn't give a sh*t if it HAPPENS to be your opinion too. I wouldn't agree with something that I think is stupid. Period.

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

That's BS. When I addressed the tactic chatter, I gave my opinion about it and I couldn't give a sh*t if it HAPPENS to be your opinion too. I wouldn't agree with something that I think is stupid. Period.

Nope. You flipped. Own it.