Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

You just completely wasted an entire day and everyone's time.  What you did, provided nothing.  Asking someone to repeat their reads, when this is a game of changing opinions as the game evolves was not some insane request.  You ignored it, acted on your own and completely ignored the perfect logic/strategy I laid out for the town. 

Crying all over the thread instead of actively playing does not count as a technique.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

He voted the consensus I believe. Its a fine lynch but moving forward I think the Kings need to put it out there and work for info a little more by providing updated reads and the such.

It's been the consensus for the past day, at least. 

Also, there is no rule against claiming a role if you are #1 on the leader-board with the deadline coming on.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Funny how the 4 people not voting (Pac, Lily, LK, EY) are 4 of the 5 members of the camp that support King-watching.  The other is Smash.  Not guaranteeing there's scum in that pool at all, but its an interesting dichotomy.

I told you your vote count was inaccurate days ago.  I voted someone.  if you want to sift through and find out go ahead.  Otherwise take your vote count and shove it up your hind quarters.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Are you f*cking kidding me Calder?  You were the Doc and didn't claim when you were the leading vote-getter?  Unless you were prevented from revealing by that bastard Verbal that was awful, awful play.  Wtf.

Mock outrage blah blah blah

lol but really

Just now, gEYno said:

So, can the new king just kill DPR first tomorrow, or do we need to go through this exercise again?  The case against him should be self-explanatory at this point.

U mad bro?

1 minute ago, Pac said:

I told you your vote count was inaccurate days ago.  I voted someone.  if you want to sift through and find out go ahead.  Otherwise take your vote count and shove it up your hind quarters.

You probably voted someone before the King was elected.  In any case nice of you to show up after the doc was just lynched....

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Calling yourself the "greatest scum-hunter in the northern hemisphere" does not count as a vote.

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Are you f*cking kidding me Calder?  You were the Doc and didn't claim when you were the leading vote-getter?  Unless you were prevented from revealing by that bastard Verbal that was awful, awful play.  Wtf.

Yawn.

Easily mitigated by what should have happened:

DPR: "Calder, I'm about to vote for you, do you have anything to claim?"

• Upvote 2

That's fair.  Both played this thing pretty poorly. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Might have been a good idea if the King would ask the person they are about to vote to reveal. No?  Kinda like real mafia. 

As I said, scum or terrible play.

Just now, gEYno said:

Not mad.  Just have some actual, meaningful evidence.

Question: Why didn't you ask Calder if he had anything to claim before you voted for him?

As you've pointed out, there is very little meaningful evidence available on the first day. Hence the "go with the consensus" thing, not because we actually expect to hit scum, but because we do get to see who votes where, who shifts around, and the rest of it. Which we do have... For instance, you're on record for spending your day criticizing the king instead of making observations, and then crying about it.

It's the player's responsibility to claim if they have role, as always. Calder knows that, just like he knew he was the lynch-lead and that we had a deadline coming up. I have no idea why he didn't claim.

1 minute ago, D P R said:

As you've pointed out, there is very little meaningful evidence available on the first day. Hence the "go with the consensus" thing, not because we actually expect to hit scum, but because we do get to see who votes where, who shifts around, and the rest of it. Which we do have... For instance, you're on record for spending your day criticizing the king instead of making observations, and then crying about it.

It's the player's responsibility to claim if they have role, as always. Calder knows that, just like he knew he was the lynch-lead and that we had a deadline coming up. I have no idea why he didn't claim.

My main observation is that the king was the scummiest player in the game thus far.

This explanation falls short.  It may be Calder's responsibility, but you, as the sole decision maker, could easily have offered him one last chance before... There was time to at least try.

Just now, gEYno said:

My main observation is that the king was the scummiest player in the game thus far.

This explanation falls short.  It may be Calder's responsibility, but you, as the sole decision maker, could easily have offered him one last chance before... There was time to at least try.

Not buying it. 

And anyone implying that the voters have an obligation to offer their lead suspicion "one last chance" to claim is feeding into the scum agenda - you think he was going to pass up that opportunity? Then the real Knight would be put into the position of counter claiming? Nah, Calder is a big boy. He had a responsibility to the town to claim as soon as he was at #1, and he knew that exactly because I made it clear to the town (as was my responsibility) that I would go with the vote leader. He needed to speak up.

As to the rest of your babble, seriously, you and a handful of other suggested I "take a stance" and "make a decision", implying that I should have voted a player to lynch days ago. Remember all of the "the king should make the decision..." and "what's important is to see what the king does" nonsense. I made it clear how I would play day 1 and we got the info we got because of it. That's that. 

Your idea was to use statistics, but you never did actually explain how you were going to do that. You also never produced a name. What you did do was bullsh*t your way through day 1 and now your pushing for the next lynch. Like I said before, that feels assassinish to me. 

12 minutes ago, Hallia said:

Knowing Calder, I don't know that he would have claimed anyways, so I wouldn't be that upset with him.  Still sucks.

And that, m'dear, is why I don't DM anymore. 

• Upvote 2

Next King should shoot Hallia or geyno imo. Hallia still feeling weird. Her responses to me just feel off. She's trying to butter me up. geyno is way too eager to capitalize on the Calder kill **** up. Yes, DPR could have asked. However we were close to deadline, Calder has been in the lead for a long while, HE WAS AROUND, and he never claimed anything. I think the onus of claiming was on him and he often fake claims so I'm pretty dumbfounded at him NOT claiming his actual role when his ass was on the line. DPR was foolish and rash for not asking, but that makes him thick, not necessarily scum. I think geyno is being super opportunistic over something that could very possibly just been an oversight.

Also let it be noted that there's a Hero out there. Choosing that player as a target of a lynch instead gets the King killed. Failing to inquire about a claim could easily gotten him killed. I think he's just a dumbass, honestly. 

1 minute ago, Hallia said:

He's not from DM, though.  Also, I feel DM has changed a lot the past year or so.  But I digress.

DM was infected a while back. It's insufferable now. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, D P R said:

Not buying it. 

And anyone implying that the voters have an obligation to offer their lead suspicion "one last chance" to claim is feeding into the scum agenda - you think he was going to pass up that opportunity? Then the real Knight would be put into the position of counter claiming? Nah, Calder is a big boy. He had a responsibility to the town to claim as soon as he was at #1, and he knew that exactly because I made it clear to the town (as was my responsibility) that I would go with the vote leader. He needed to speak up.

As to the rest of your babble, seriously, you and a handful of other suggested I "take a stance" and "make a decision", implying that I should have voted a player to lynch days ago. Remember all of the "the king should make the decision..." and "what's important is to see what the king does" nonsense. I made it clear how I would play day 1 and we got the info we got because of it. That's that. 

Your idea was to use statistics, but you never did actually explain how you were going to do that. You also never produced a name. What you did do was bullsh*t your way through day 1 and now your pushing for the next lynch. Like I said before, that feels assassinish to me. 

So, in the scenario you detailed, at least we'd have 2 people and one of them would be guaranteed scum.  The way you did it, we just lost the doctor and didn't get any scum at all.  Again, you either played this as poorly as possible, or you're scum, who, by the way, played it pretty poorly too, but you got lucky people piled on the doctor.  He never should have claimed early, as things could have changed, that would have just been a waste.

I didn't think I needed to spell out in more detail how we'd use the math... Seems like plenty of people understood.  You just didn't want to.  Instead, you decided to play this game like any other, ignoring how it's different, and to diffuse responsibility so you could step back and say it wasn't your fault, as you are doing now.  The fact that you're not even willing to admit you may have made a mistake is pretty "assassinish" too.

I really don't care what you think "feels" assassinish, you just killed the doctor without giving him a final chance to save himself.  Because, again, scum, or terrible play.

12 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

Next King should shoot Hallia or geyno imo. Hallia still feeling weird. Her responses to me just feel off. She's trying to butter me up. geyno is way too eager to capitalize on the Calder kill **** up. Yes, DPR could have asked. However we were close to deadline, Calder has been in the lead for a long while, HE WAS AROUND, and he never claimed anything. I think the onus of claiming was on him and he often fake claims so I'm pretty dumbfounded at him NOT claiming his actual role when his ass was on the line. DPR was foolish and rash for not asking, but that makes him thick, not necessarily scum. I think geyno is being super opportunistic over something that could very possibly just been an oversight.

I've consistently said "scum or terrible play."  Your lady boner for me is intriguing.