Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

@AVM

I believe only real experience with Hallia and Nyn.

I gave my reasons for Hallia being scum earlier. Pretty much boils down to her being a clear townie when she is town. Makes it clear rapidly fast. When it feels murky she is scum. The waters are murky and she isnt committing like townie Hallia does.

Nyn is playing how I would expect. 

9 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Actually, I'm suggesting that a lynch could occur in the first few days with 0 or 1 at most scum votes.  And, could also be derailed by a team working together.

Lets say the time ended with smash having 3 votes, calder having 2, and a half dozen others having one... It's very plausible that smash is innocent as are the only 3 of 18 players voting for him.  We learn 0 from that, and probably only further pursue false trails.

I think I would actually agree IF 3 were the biggest train, as you outline above. If we're looking at 6, 7 plus? Then it's worth the effort.  I don't think any of us are actually saying anything different, tbh.

4 minutes ago, Calder said:

@AVM

I gave my reasons for Hallia being scum earlier. Pretty much boils down to her being a clear townie when she is town. Makes it clear rapidly fast. When it feels murky she is scum. The waters are murky and she isnt committing like townie Hallia does.

You're disregarding the most recent DM game where I was mislynched as town

21 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Because, I think you're vastly overestimating what "good stuff" you can get from a 4 vote day one lynch.  I think the structure of this game leads to a more analytic approach.  I think it can be won by playing the odds smartly.

lobbying for a future kingdom

14 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Because, I think you're vastly overestimating what "good stuff" you can get from a 4 vote day one lynch.  I think the structure of this game leads to a more analytic approach.  I think it can be won by playing the odds smartly.

Of course, playing the odds smartly only works if you know how many assassins are out there... you don't, do you?

Regardless, we'll have more votes before the deadline, just like we always do. Then we'll have stances, info and posts to case. 

13 minutes ago, AVM said:

I think I would actually agree IF 3 were the biggest train, as you outline above. If we're looking at 6, 7 plus? Then it's worth the effort.  I don't think any of us are actually saying anything different, tbh.

Wasn't 3 the most we'd gotten so far??

10 minutes ago, D P R said:

Of course, playing the odds smartly only works if you know how many assassins are out there... you don't, do you?

Regardless, we'll have more votes before the deadline, just like we always do. Then we'll have stances, info and posts to case. 

The game makes the most sense with 4.  3, and we lose a bit of our advantage regarding guesswork odds, but are at a tremendous advantage numbers wise, and 5 only increases our odds when guessing.

As for more votes before deadlines, you're making an assumption based on a long history of games in which the votes matter.  In this case, they do not.  Regardless of your position of all of us making the choice, that choice doesn't require any meaningful consensus.  So, no one is actually motivated to change their vote in this case and join a train they don't want to.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Actually, I'm suggesting that a lynch could occur in the first few days with 0 or 1 at most scum votes.  And, could also be derailed by a team working together.

Lets say the time ended with smash having 3 votes, calder having 2, and a half dozen others having one... It's very plausible that smash is innocent as are the only 3 of 18 players voting for him.  We learn 0 from that, and probably only further pursue false trails.

Which is why I admonished DPR earlier for declaring he'd do whatever the town consensus was.

It's a foolish strategy in that it makes the King role obsolete.  It tells us nothing about his motives, reads, or alignment.

I have a perfect way of handling the King role and herby announce I'll take the throne if given the chance.  This would be the best strategy for town to implement.  Let the greatest natural scum hunter in the northern hemisphere do the heavy lifting.

33 minutes ago, D P R said:

^^ worse than Joffrey.

9 hours ago, gEYno said:

The game makes the most sense with 4.  3, and we lose a bit of our advantage regarding guesswork odds, but are at a tremendous advantage numbers wise, and 5 only increases our odds when guessing.

As for more votes before deadlines, you're making an assumption based on a long history of games in which the votes matter.  In this case, they do not.  Regardless of your position of all of us making the choice, that choice doesn't require any meaningful consensus.  So, no one is actually motivated to change their vote in this case and join a train they don't want to.

So your an Assassin then. Good to know.

11 hours ago, Calder said:

Nyn doesnt mind. 

Nyn is a woman and has developed a proficiency in muting out male spewing nonsense. So yeah, Nyn doesn't mind. :P 

11 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Inappropriateness always leads to cum.  Vote this guy ^^^^^^.

Unvote vote Calder

HAHAHAHAHAHA xD

11 hours ago, gEYno said:

How much meaningful evidence do you think we'll get should we lynch town based on 4 votes.  Evidence < Math.

Ok. We got what your stance is. But It's out of your hands anyhow cause you're not the king. How about actually commenting about players in the game? I mean you were complaining earlier about the lack of content. I think you have more to work with now, and I'm just dying to hear about it.

9 hours ago, Calder said:

@AVM

From my experience, TownHalli is not always that obvious. Hence the previous eh. 

Also... I don't like being predictable :P

11 minutes ago, D P R said:

So your an Assassin then. Good to know.

I'm no reading comprehension guru but I came away thinking doing it like that we don't get much info on anyone but the king.  Still haven't decided how bad or good that concept is or if it's actually what it means at all.  I do agree with him that the lack of need of getting a consensus and moving votes lessens the info gained from voting.  So who you killing?

9 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

they can call me Uncle Smash for short

How should i call you? >.>

7 hours ago, Lily said:

I think Pac has a point. (Did I really just say that?) We want to see what DPR thinks, not what we all think.

1. You should take a shower. Or two.

2. Correction. We want to see what DPR thinks AND what the rest of us think. This is like every other game. The King changes every day. Our focus is still scumhunting, having reads, following each other's progression, observations and votes. 

I mean you got the geyno dude bitching about lack of content and serious posts around what? page 16/17? Then people start posting more seriously and suddenly the best approach is to pick randomly cause MATH AND NUMBERS AND sh*t.  LOL

SMHSMHSMHSMHSMHSMHSMH .... *head falls off*

Guys I have this really wild and crazy concept. Bear with me here. How about we.... I dunno... lynch the scummiest person by majority. Pretty out there I know. We have never done it before but there's always a first.

>.>

2 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I mean you got the geyno dude bitching about lack of content and serious posts around what? page 16/17? Then people start posting more seriously and suddenly the best approach is to pick randomly cause MATH AND NUMBERS AND sh*t.  LOL

SMHSMHSMHSMHSMHSMHSMH .... *head falls off*

Guys I have this really wild and crazy concept. Bear with me here. How about we.... I dunno... lynch the scummiest person by majority. Pretty out there I know. We have never done it before but there's always a first.

>.>

^ Makes my top 3 list and then starts agreeing with me. 

38 minutes ago, CTM said:

kill an inactive .. he hand is I winnable on not fun with a bunch of people not even playing  

I mean sure, you've said this a couple of times now. But you're still sitting pretty on Lee (assuming 80's VC is accurate... which is a pretty big assumption lol). If you're SO dedicated to this... i'll loosely call it a plan.... how about you start with following on it yourself.? MIGHT make you seem more resolved, but no promises  xD