Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

34 minutes ago, AVM said:

To Calder v Hallia (or whatever)...

Hallia did come out of the gates last game literally shouting "yay I'm finally town!!!!"...so...point there.

However, she also got admonished for it and almost lynched all game.  I wouldn't exactly expect her to do so again, if town.  It makes me uneasy that he's talking about her being obvious when town after last game, which he wasn't here for.  Could be a bad distancing attempt, too.

Actually she did that last game right after we were scum together with smoot, SMC and Hess the game before.  Did she actually do that this game as well? Because if she did its worth a look at.  @DPR

Hey!! I have to go start my hours and i will most likely not be back by 12.  Look at my post and above and see if she did the happy to be town thing this game too. Because she did it last time.  Could be a clue. If not I think Ballin and Calder are good for today. 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Actually she did that last game right after we were scum together with smoot, SMC and Hess the game before.  Did she actually do that this game as well? Because if she did its worth a look at.  @DPR

It puts her up on the watch list for sure. I don't know that it's the fire that needs to be put out today, but we have her in our pocket for later.

46 minutes ago, D P R said:

***TRUMPETS***

HEAR YE, HEAR YE...

My day 1 impressions:

EY may be rusty, but he's backpedaling. He went from his "statistics over information gathering" stance to an apology tour. Scummish.

Calder is trying to sprinkle clever over his fluff. Scummish.

Nyn went from attacking to agreeing. Never a good sign.

Pac is holding back - he wants to say more (you know he does) but is restraining himself.

JC feels a bit off, like a guy who knows he's gonna peak at 1 and doesn't want to wait until 4.

And then we have the lurkers.

CTM is like a grounded, one winged plane. It's kind of sad. 

The rest is meh so far.

To be clear, I apologize for nothing at this point.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

FWIW - I'm with EY here.

Soooo, you think I shoulda done some quick math a few days ago and lynched who the numbers pointed at instead of letting things play out and getting the information we have now?

Just now, D P R said:

Soooo, you think I shoulda done some quick math a few days ago and lynched who the numbers pointed at instead of letting things play out and getting the information we have now?

That part no but the voting is pointless part, yes. 

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

I don't know.  Sorry if that answer doesn't suit you.

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

To be clear, I apologize for nothing at this point.

So you're taking it back? You're not sorry anymore? Or are you apologizing for not knowing, but then not apologizing anymore? I'm so confused...

6 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Could I get a synopsis on the case?

Well, he's only played 1 game on JN prior to this, and actually that was a game I modded, but the moment that pinged for me was his objection to the Smash lynch:

22 hours ago, Calder said:

I suspect Lily for the way she town read Smash. People going after Smash dont bother me though. Seems like townies that are just wrong.

Sounded like he knew Smash is town.  Yet he suspected Lily for the WAY she "town-read" Smash.  Weird post.

Otherwise the vibe from him is that he's just been playing uber-defensive against anyone who cases him.  He's also been dead set on Hallia being scum, so either both are town or one of them is scum, I would think. 

Those who have played with him more can comment on whether he seems "off".  He's an interesting lynch, but not one who is my first choice today.  Decker is my first choice and where I have my vote currently.

4 minutes ago, D P R said:

So you're taking it back? You're not sorry anymore? Or are you apologizing for not knowing, but then not apologizing anymore? I'm so confused...

That read like an actual apology to you?  You're working very hard to justify wanting to lynch me.  I suggest you do it, I may have been wrong... Others may learn something about you,

7 minutes ago, gEYno said:

That read like an actual apology to you?  You're working very hard to justify wanting to lynch me.  I suggest you do it, I may have been wrong... Others may learn something about you,

You daring me to lynch you? I'll do it. TIGER'S ABOUT TO JUMP OUT OF THE CAGE.

Pac, Lily, and me originally, are on the right track by forcing the king to argue who is he going to kill and why. That is how we get the most knowledge about the town out. I've only been advocating for it the whole time and I'm glad that others are starting to pick up on it.

Vote Count

Calder (5) - Leelou, Hallia, Crusher, Lily, JC

Hallia (3) - Calder, Ballin, Nyn

Decker (3) - Crusher, CTM, 80

Ballin (2) - AVM, Crusher

Smash (1) - JiF

80 (1) - Decker

DPR (1) - Crusher

JiF (1) - Smash

Not Voting (4) - Pac, Lily, LK, EY

With 18 alive (+ ghost Hess) it takes 1 stupid vote by DPR for a life to be snuffed out in this stupid game.

Deadline:  Whenever the f*ck DPR decides whilst sipping a martini.

1 minute ago, Lizard King said:

Pac, Lily, and me originally, are on the right track by forcing the king to argue who is he going to kill and why. That is how we get the most knowledge about the town out. I've only been advocating for it the whole time and I'm glad that others are starting to pick up on it.

No reason we can't force the king to provide rationale AND simultaneously play some regular Mafia.  That's the crux of the problem I have with that school of thought.  There's a lot of things we can do to get the most out of a day.  People who are just sitting back and looking only at what DPR has to say are either scum or lazy town and its not helpful.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

But the king said he was going to go with teh vote count?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Funny how the 4 people not voting (Pac, Lily, LK, EY) are 4 of the 5 members of the camp that support King-watching.  The other is Smash.  Not guaranteeing there's scum in that pool at all, but its an interesting dichotomy.

What?

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Funny how the 4 people not voting (Pac, Lily, LK, EY) are 4 of the 5 members of the camp that support King-watching.  The other is Smash.  Not guaranteeing there's scum in that pool at all, but its an interesting dichotomy.

But what does it say statistically?

• Upvote 2