Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

6 minutes ago, D P R said:

MY LOYAL SUBJECTS, GATHER 'ROUND AND I WILL REGALE YOU WITH A TALE OF KINGMAKER.

It works like mafia. If I just throw down a guess, we miss all of the back and forth and won't have any material to case or any vote counts to go by. This would be stupid. 

THE END.

tumblr_m1mv1ft7Tv1r2c6nw.gif

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, D P R said:

Calder making the mistake of steering because he be new.

Pac sea gulling the thread.

Nyn holding too much tension.

I don't know what 2/3 of this means. But I'm kinda okay with that. 

39 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Careful there Jethro.  Could be skating on thin ice.

I ain't scared

36 minutes ago, Calder said:

Yo Pirate Queen. I give you permission to take out Hallia.

She is adorable. But nothing gold can stay.

Reason being?

@BallinPB - I am still of that belief in them because of their gameplay, it makes sense to me.

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

Scum choice and I really wanted Smash to flip.  You I can vote for making inappopriate commentary to Nyn.

Nyn doesnt mind. Also inappropriateness doesnt quite seem to be a strong scum hunting technique.

23 minutes ago, D P R said:

MY LOYAL SUBJECTS, GATHER 'ROUND AND I WILL REGALE YOU WITH A TALE OF KINGMAKER.

It works like mafia. If I just throw down a guess, we miss all of the back and forth and won't have any material to case or any vote counts to go by. This would be stupid. 

THE END.

How much meaningful evidence do you think we'll get should we lynch town based on 4 votes.  Evidence < Math.

17 minutes ago, gEYno said:

How much meaningful evidence do you think we'll get should we lynch town based on 4 votes.  Evidence < Math.

As much meaningful evidence as always comes with day 1. There's a lot of fluff and some pushing, a few slips and one or two tells that won't mean anything until day 3 or 4. The usual stuff.

Why are you in such a hurry to not get all that good stuff?

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

unvote

I've been thinking about this quite a bit.  A majority that isn't consensus is a dangerous vote for DPR.  With 18 players, we assume a scum team of 4, right?  It would be very easy for them to very slightly influence a majority and certainly, and more importantly, make a majority on one of their own unlikely.  Honestly, I think we are better off with DPR just guessing at random.  The nearly 1 in 4 chance that he guesses correctly is probably better than the chance that scum allows a majority (or that enough people are correct day one) that we don't lynch town.  This of course falls apart in the nearly 1 in 4 chance that the kingmaker picked scum with their first shot.  But, in that case, DPR is not taking out one of his teammates anyway.

To be fair.  If I was the scum King and SMC was on my team I would slaughter him and sing him a merry song of his death in the QT.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Never mention anything about your reading ability.  

The whole point of my post that has a few people freaked out is that I read that it was night, too. Smash wasn't the only one. *smh*

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

Little nugget, I think Lily is a writer. We hang out with authors and sh*t. Who woulda thought right,

I wrote one book, haven't published it, and can't seem to crank out the sequel, so I'm a writer, yes, but nowhere near DPR's level. 

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

unvote

I've been thinking about this quite a bit.  A majority that isn't consensus is a dangerous vote for DPR.  With 18 players, we assume a scum team of 4, right?  It would be very easy for them to very slightly influence a majority and certainly, and more importantly, make a majority on one of their own unlikely.  Honestly, I think we are better off with DPR just guessing at random.  The nearly 1 in 4 chance that he guesses correctly is probably better than the chance that scum allows a majority (or that enough people are correct day one) that we don't lynch town.  This of course falls apart in the nearly 1 in 4 chance that the kingmaker picked scum with their first shot.  But, in that case, DPR is not taking out one of his teammates anyway.

Exactly  no better day than day 1 for scum to load on a train in this setup so since he is advocating that, what does that suggest to you 

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Good points I agree DPR should make his vote on what he decides not on the majority vote. I'm sure something in this thread struck him as scummy.

He's not participating in the discussion  i understand he can't vote but he's not even taking a stand   Too convenient 

44 minutes ago, D P R said:

As much meaningful evidence as always comes with day 1. There's a lot of fluff and some pushing, a few slips and one or two tells that won't mean anything until day 3 or 4. The usual stuff.

Ironic

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

the only way your having sex is underwater

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

So should you considering your hip can shatter at any moment.  

RL lol twice

2 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

he flip flops a lot...he's better when he listens to spirits

I would tend to agree. The spirits are saying Pac, Smash, Calder and...

you.

what say Ye to the spirits? Dost thou be scum?

2 hours ago, BallinPB said:

CTM, Hallia and Calder.  If I'm wrong go **** yourselves

See, this guy gets it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, D P R said:

Because, I think you're vastly overestimating what "good stuff" you can get from a 4 vote day one lynch.  I think the structure of this game leads to a more analytic approach.  I think it can be won by playing the odds smartly.

2 hours ago, BallinPB said:

Jus sayin I've counted 4 content posts from you.  The rest was all I don't like moscato and I love you all.  I'm jus sayin.  You were around the whole time.

This ****in guy...I'm sorry for ever you.

i mean...I'm not really. But let's pretend like I am, k?

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

An FYI to the entire game,

I don't know anyone's alignment. I'm just a ghost and stuff. So if I rep people or make a comment it's just bc I felt like it. I'm not really gonna pay any attention to anything except root for the player I'm haunting, whose alignment I don't even know. Just in case anyone was wondering. I don't want anyone chasing rabbits thinking it's a hint or something if I post. And to whoever is scum I'm not gonna throw out any of my opinions to game so don't worry.  just straight up trolling per usg.

<3

You're the man

2 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

eh

2 hours ago, Calder said:

Eh yourself.

Enthralling discussion. Calder, who have you played with significantly in this game? Hallia? I know you've played at least once over here. Care to give your thoughts on non-Hallia players you've got a history with?

39 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If scum can direct lynches with just a few votes, eventually they'll be exposed. That strategy by scum would eventually net us 1-2 scum off a small train, no? I'm down with trying to play regular Mafia as closely as possible over EY's strategy.

Actually, I'm suggesting that a lynch could occur in the first few days with 0 or 1 at most scum votes.  And, could also be derailed by a team working together.

Lets say the time ended with smash having 3 votes, calder having 2, and a half dozen others having one... It's very plausible that smash is innocent as are the only 3 of 18 players voting for him.  We learn 0 from that, and probably only further pursue false trails.

2 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

I say force DPR to lynch Smash.  My gut says he won't cause he knows Smash is scum.

Hmm. Okay.

As for the argument for scum influencing the vote...not really any different than a typical D1. Which ultimately gives us information late game as we look at voting trains. Maybe I'm just sleepy and dumb, though.