Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

Just now, Nynaeve said:

Even in regular games you get mislynches sometimes. I don't understand what you're going on about but I officially don't care anymore.

I'm going to bed. gn.

The mislynch is not what I'm angry about.  It was the method chosen to mislynch.

Why you and 80 are acting like this is difficult to grasp is beyond me.  Numerous people have agreed that my logic was sound and yours and 80's was stupid.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Your take is stupid.  That whole exercise was moronic.  Need proof?  Just look at what's happening now.

The right way to play that day out, I explained and DPR refused.  

Your stupid consensus vote in a game where voting doesnt matter got the Doc killed.  You provide DPR an easy out for it too.  Again, a huge waste of time.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

This is spin.  I'm not saying that at all.

There is a way to make the town matter but voting in a traditional manner with no actual control is pointless.  

Okay, let's break this down:

1. I don't have an easy out. I'm on record for playing the way I did. If you don't like it, say so. That's that.

2. Your suggestion was ironic because I had already provided what you were asking for a short time before you posted. You are a fault here for not reading the thread. I gave my top picks with basic reasons, but I can't make you (or any of the others) read and comment. 

3. When day started, I immediately gave you the power to make your vote mean the exact same thing with the exact same power as it does in a regular game. This levels the playing field and gives us the most informative day 1 we could have. You did have that option, so if you need to yell at someone about you fumbling the whole thing, find a mirror and have at it.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, D P R said:

1. I don't have an easy out. I'm on record for playing the way I did. If you don't like it, say so. That's that.

2. Your suggestion was ironic because I had already provided what you were asking for a short time before you posted. You are a fault here for not reading the thread. I gave my top picks with basic reasons, but I can't make you (or any of the others) read and comment. 

3. When day started, I immediately gave you the power to make your vote mean the exact same thing with the exact same power as it does in a regular game. This levels the playing field and gives us the most informative day 1 we could have. You did have that option, so if you need to yell at someone about you fumbling the whole thing, find a mirror and have at it.

1. I have.

2. Things change.  Reads change.  Asking again is not out of the ordinary and you're refusal is noted. 

3. Well, I clearly disagreed with that strategy and you're unwillingness to deviate is noted. 

Also, nobody in the history of this forum ever stopped before they hammered and said "going once, going twice - any last claims before I do this? Anybody? It's your last chance now, I'm serious? Nothing? Okay then... I suppose I'll go ahead and finish this one off." Nobody asks and nobody is gonna.  

Tif you have a role, claim it. This is mafia. Not a ******* auction. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, D P R said:

Also, nobody in the history of this forum ever stopped before they hammered and said "going once, going twice - any last claims before I do this? Anybody? It's your last chance now, I'm serious? Nothing? Okay then... I suppose I'll go ahead and finish this one off." Nobody asks and nobody is gonna.  

Well in a typical game people know if they are close to a lynch. You held that power in your hands for D1. I asked you before you voted who you would be voting for if it was a normal game, you ignored me and then hammered Calder. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Leelou said:

Yes, but DPR you were going off a player provided vc and it was pointed out that there were mistakes with it. That's what I have a lot of problem with. I don't hate the Calder lynch from his play, but I do hate he was the doc. 

Everybody hates that he was the doc - that's why his stupid ass should have claimed. 

Who provided the vc is irrelevant. It was what it was, Calder was the clear vote leader and had been for a long time. There was no momentum toward another lynch. it was what it was.

Just now, D P R said:

Everybody hates that he was the doc - that's why his stupid ass should have claimed. 

Who provided the vc is irrelevant. It was what it was, Calder was the clear vote leader and had been for a long time. There was no momentum toward another lynch. it was what it was.

It is not irrelevant. Say 80 is scum, he could mess with the vc and make a townie vote leader. Pac's vote wasn't counted, he counted Crusher's 3 votes. And I think another vote was messed up. I complained about this before your hammer. 

Well in a typical game people know if they are close to a lynch. You held that power in your hands for D1. I asked you before you voted who you would be voting for if it was a normal game, you ignored me and then hammered Calder. 

80 had just provided a count - everyone knew who was on it. If suspected he was tampering the numbers, you're the one that should have checked it out, no?  I was clear the entire day on what I would do. 

I put the power in the people's hands. They voted, we had a deadline, it is what it is. 

It is not irrelevant. Say 80 is scum, he could mess with the vc and make a townie vote leader. Pac's vote wasn't counted, he counted Crusher's 3 votes. And I think another vote was messed up. I complained about this before your hammer. 

Great - and now we have the vc that 80 provided and any mistakes that you can use as evidence in voting. My point is that Calder was the clear leader and that wasn't going to change. 

Just now, D P R said:

80 had just provided a count - everyone knew who was on it. If suspected he was tampering the numbers, you're the one that should have checked it out, no?  I was clear the entire day on what I would do. 

I put the power in the people's hands. They voted, we had a deadline, it is what it is. 

You seem to be missing the part where I said that I did call out that it wasn't right and I would have been more comfortable if the vote was being tallied by you or our lazy ass mod. That was all BEFORE you hammered. I don't have time to scroll back through all of the game to check, but if I was relying on votes as King, I'd sure as hell check them myself. 

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Are you f*cking kidding me Calder?  You were the Doc and didn't claim when you were the leading vote-getter?  Unless you were prevented from revealing by that bastard Verbal that was awful, awful play.  Wtf.

I seem to remember you doing this exact thing so your both Idiots.

not claiming with a power role.

5 minutes ago, Leelou said:

You seem to be missing the part where I said that I did call out that it wasn't right and I would have been more comfortable if the vote was being tallied by you or our lazy ass mod. That was all BEFORE you hammered. I don't have time to scroll back through all of the game to check, but if I was relying on votes as King, I'd sure as hell check them myself. 

Then why didn't you provide your version of a vote count then? Honestly, the mod made it clear that he wasn't going to post vc's, so any player that was truly worried about it should have been keeping their own. I did. Calder was ahead. 

What I won't do is spoon-feed scum by posting info and making last calls - the thought of it is outrageous. Much better if the people that signed up for the game actually play the game. I can prove that with statistics.

Then why didn't you provide your version of a vote count then? Honestly, the mod made it clear that he wasn't going to post vc's, so any player that was truly worried about it should have been keeping their own. I did. Calder was ahead. 

What I won't do is spoon-feed scum by posting info and making last calls - the thought of it is outrageous. Much better if the people that signed up for the game actually play the game. I can prove that with statistics.

I just said I didn't have time to scroll back through the thread and check. You really aren't reading my posts fully. Why did you ignore my post asking you who'd you vote for if it was a normal game? That's a statistic we could have added. You just throwing out a list of like 5 people who are "scummy" was eh. 

Just now, Leelou said:

I just said I didn't have time to scroll back through the thread and check. You really aren't reading my posts fully. Why did you ignore my post asking you who'd you vote for if it was a normal game? That's a statistic we could have added. You just throwing out a list of like 5 people who are "scummy" was eh. 

You didn't have time and evidently nobody else did either. I'm reading and answering, not ignoring. And, although you may not have been thrilled with my post, I did name Calder and did vote for Calder. I was all good with the Calder vote. I can't believe he didn't claim, in which case we would have all treated that like it needed to be treated.

Look, it sucks that we lost the doc - I know. But that didn't have anything to do with me or my handling of the vote. Calder could and should have claimed anytime in the last day, and he posted plenty. Blame his stupid ass.

You didn't have time and evidently nobody else did either. I'm reading and answering, not ignoring. And, although you may not have been thrilled with my post, I did name Calder and did vote for Calder. I was all good with the Calder vote. I can't believe he didn't claim, in which case we would have all treated that like it needed to be treated.

Look, it sucks that we lost the doc - I know. But that didn't have anything to do with me or my handling of the vote. Calder could and should have claimed anytime in the last day, and he posted plenty. Blame his stupid ass.

You named Calder and voted Calder in the same post, who was the vote leader, who you were always going to vote. A separate post before would have been nice. There could have been a bit of discussion. For the most part of D1 you just hung back. 

31 minutes ago, D P R said:

while I don't agree with what you did (feel you should have voted you're gut) I can confirm that you did in fact put up a List of possible scum and 1 page Later JIF asked why you had not done so yet. He's not reading the thread at all it shows from the very beginning and his posts have been nothing short of worthless the entire game.

Either way the next King should probably give his main suspect time to revceal before he pounces. Sure that's hindsight but I think its good sound strategy moving forward.

28 minutes ago, D P R said:

DPR how much time was there before you hammered ? Could you have questioned Calder ? He really didn't get a chance to contest his votes with you.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Your defense of the DensePervertRoberts is noted

Wow, just terrible.

1 hour ago, D P R said:

Why don't you explain how he's wrong? And then get a 4 year old  to help you with your comebacks. Just because you miss the ape doesn't mean you have to act like him.

CTM is transforming into an Ape right before our very eyes. Does this mean he gets his own bathroom?

7 hours ago, D P R said:

***TRUMPETS***

HEAR YE, HEAR YE...

My day 1 impressions:

EY may be rusty, but he's backpedaling. He went from his "statistics over information gathering" stance to an apology tour. Scummish.

Calder is trying to sprinkle clever over his fluff. Scummish.

Nyn went from attacking to agreeing. Never a good sign.

Pac is holding back - he wants to say more (you know he does) but is restraining himself.

JC feels a bit off, like a guy who knows he's gonna peak at 1 and doesn't want to wait until 4.

And then we have the lurkers.

CTM is like a grounded, one winged plane. It's kind of sad. 

The rest is meh so far.

5 hours ago, JiF said:

Cool but right now I'm asking for you to gives us a top 3.

I mentioned it in a post previous but here's some more Proof JIF is not paying any attention to the thread at all. If that town scum hunter play or is it scum play ? That and the fact if people read his posts he's contributed nothing to this game other than calling people morons idiots and blockheads.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, D P R said:

***TRUMPETS***

HEAR YE, HEAR YE...

My day 1 impressions:

EY may be rusty, but he's backpedaling. He went from his "statistics over information gathering" stance to an apology tour. Scummish.

Calder is trying to sprinkle clever over his fluff. Scummish.

Nyn went from attacking to agreeing. Never a good sign.

Pac is holding back - he wants to say more (you know he does) but is restraining himself.

JC feels a bit off, like a guy who knows he's gonna peak at 1 and doesn't want to wait until 4.

And then we have the lurkers.

CTM is like a grounded, one winged plane. It's kind of sad. 

The rest is meh so far.

8 minutes ago, Leelou said:

You named Calder and voted Calder in the same post, who was the vote leader, who you were always going to vote. A separate post before would have been nice. There could have been a bit of discussion. For the most part of D1 you just hung back. 

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

while I don't agree with what you did (feel you should have voted you're gut) I can confirm that you did in fact put up a List of possible scum and 1 page Later JIF asked why you had not done so yet. He's not reading the thread at all it shows from the very beginning and his posts have been nothing short of worthless the entire game.

Either way the next King should probably give his main suspect time to revceal before he pounces. Sure that's hindsight but I think its good sound strategy moving forward.

My people, it was impossible for me to make it any more clear that I would lynch the vote leader. I had to fight for it the entire time, vs. hEYnow who wanted to blind us all with science and CTM and JiF who wanted me to just lynch anyone, fast. 

I had Calder on my list - I absolutely did not like the way he was playing. 

It was all right there. You can ask the next king to do whatever you want, but the bottom line is that a majority of players suspected Calder. I honored that, did what i said i was going to do, and we lynched the doc. It ain't the first or last time that a townie is the day 1 lynch, but it is very unusual for a power role to not claim, and if you go back and look at all of Calder's posts (and no, I won't do it for you) you will see how active he was, how useless his posts were and why he pinged the majority of people. Damn.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

DPR how much time was there before you hammered ? Could you have questioned Calder ? He really didn't get a chance to contest his votes with you.

I don't know exactly, but it was within an hour and I had phone meetings all morning and I threw the vote down before one I figured might take a while so that I didn't miss the deadline.

But don't do the "he didn't get a chance" thing - that's ridiculous. he was the vote leader since yesterday and he post A LOT. He absolutely posted when he was at 5 or 6 and in a game where one person can lynch, he shoulda claimed. 

39 minutes ago, D P R said:

What the hell are you rambling about?  We always get people to reveal.  Hell for awhile we would do that to almost everyone every game.  When someone gets to L2 or L3 we wait and give them a chance to reveal always.  Since you were the only vote that mattered, the one that would know when you are going to hammer, you are therefore the ONLY one that could ask for a reveal.  You acting like you never heard of this makes me want to either lynch you or hug you and protect you from the world outside.

My people, it was impossible for me to make it any more clear that I would lynch the vote leader. I had to fight for it the entire time, vs. hEYnow who wanted to blind us all with science and CTM and JiF who wanted me to just lynch anyone, fast. 

I had Calder on my list - I absolutely did not like the way he was playing. 

It was all right there. You can ask the next king to do whatever you want, but the bottom line is that a majority of players suspected Calder. I honored that, did what i said i was going to do, and we lynched the doc. It ain't the first or last time that a townie is the day 1 lynch, but it is very unusual for a power role to not claim, and if you go back and look at all of Calder's posts (and no, I won't do it for you) you will see how active he was, how useless his posts were and why he pinged the majority of people. Damn.

DPR the reason for my post was not to come after you for Voting Calder it was to point out how we should move forward.

Looking back I'm pretty sure (even though you claimed you would vote the leading vote getter) you would change how you proceeded with the vote.

For instance If as King you proclaim you are going with the leading vote getter how would that person know exactly when you were going to actually put in the vote ? For all Calder knew you were going to wait on the deadline. I think you voted with 2 hours left.

Now with all that being said I'm making more of an example of the situation than accusing you of doing something you should not have.