Kingmaker Mafia - Game Thread

1 hour ago, D P R said:

Crying all over the thread instead of actively playing does not count as a technique.

It's been the consensus for the past day, at least. 

Also, there is no rule against claiming a role if you are #1 on the leader-board with the deadline coming on.

I provided the best logic of the game so far while you lynched the Doc. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

STFU.  You dont get to have mock outrage.  This was your idea. 

lol.  Yes, it was my idea for Calder to stay silent when he was the consensus lynch, after DPR stated he would be lynching the consensus leader.  Totally all my call there.

page 31 thoughts

1 ) pac's plan to make day 1 all about figuring out Dpr's motives is asinine, that's not a path to victory 

2) glad to have ey back 

3) Nyn is angry and needs to eat something, or get laid .. maybe both <3

4) leelou still scum

5) Nyn and 80 ignoring my vote on decker to case me for advocating killing an inactive while voting leelou is lazy at best., 80 claims to be trying  .. watch that one 

• Upvote 1

I love how some of the none voters are chiming in now. Pretty awesome. However, this commentary about how wrong we were about Calder would have been better PRE-FLIP. Just for future reference. Cause you can argue the selection of a lynch all you want. But it was said, by the King, how it was going to roll D1. And following that you should have voted who YOU felt should be lynched that day. But you did not vote and essentially removed yourselves from the equation. So all the BS from that direction is laughable at best. Because as far as I'm concerned you sat back when you could have been voting the player you think is scum. And I don't understand that approach like at all. Or if you chose it, at least have the decency to stfu.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

5) Nyn and 80 ignoring my vote on decker to case me for advocating killing an inactive while voting leelou is lazy at best., 80 claims to be trying  .. watch that one 

I didn't see you voting for decker. I saw you voting Lee in the VC.  And I asked you several times about this and you never even bothered answering. So who's ignoring who?

Coupla things:

The only difference between this and basic mafia is the vote mechanism - right? So everything else applies and that's just a distraction invented to throw the town and get everybody to pick details out of re-reads. The "king" doesn't have any power - it's the same thing as when I give everyone a gun: it's intended to get the town to shoot themselves in their proverbial feet.

And anyone who gets voted up and doesn't claim right away in this game is an a&#036;&#036;hole.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

My take:

Give us 3 names that you're feeling and if we really need some stupid pointless consensus at least we're putting you on the line by taking a stance because right now, you dont have to and can easily just point the finger after this stupid exercise of futility.  This community consensus is stupid and pointless and it does nothing.  80 is pushing this...that's all that needs to be said.

You're the King.  Take a stance and make people follow .

good plan.. someone finally using brains 

4 minutes ago, CTM said:

page 31 thoughts

1 ) pac's plan to make day 1 all about figuring out Dpr's motives is asinine, that's not a path to victory 

2) glad to have ey back 

3) Nyn is angry and needs to eat something, or get laid .. maybe both <3

4) leelou still scum

I find it most effective both at the same time.

4 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I love how some of the none voters are chiming in now. Pretty awesome. However, this commentary about how wrong we were about Calder would have been better PRE-FLIP. Just for future reference. Cause you can argue the selection of a lynch all you want. But it was said, by the King, how it was going to roll D1. And following that you should have voted who YOU felt should be lynched that day. But you did not vote and essentially removed yourselves from the equation. So all the BS from that direction is laughable at best. Because as far as I'm concerned you sat back when you could have been voting the player you think is scum. And I don't understand that approach like at all. Or if you chose it, at least have the decency to stfu.

Perhaps scum ^^

laying it on realll thick.

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

So the consensus, lynched the Doc before he could tell us he even tell us he was the Doc?

Man, guys, great D1 strategy.  Really well thought out.  Kudos to 80 and DPR for such a brilliant plan.  So glad we took the town consensus.  So much information.  Really advanced the game.  What a productive day!  Cant wait for tomorrow!

It was as absurd as your childish surfing hobby thing.

What was he thinking?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, D P R said:

Coupla things:

The only difference between this and basic mafia is the vote mechanism - right? So everything else applies and that's just a distraction invented to throw the town and get everybody to pick details out of re-reads. The "king" doesn't have any power - it's the same thing as when I give everyone a gun: it's intended to get the town to shoot themselves in their proverbial feet.

And anyone who gets voted up and doesn't claim right away in this game is an a&#036;&#036;hole.

Agree with last point.  Dont you think vote mechanism is a pretty big part of a game about voting?  Like saying the only difference between football and Rockball is you use a 80 lb rock in rock ball. Same game after that. 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Not getting a reveal sucked. DPR basically blind hammered.  Other than that Calder did NOTHING to help himself.

I can't even. 

1 minute ago, CTM said:

good plan.. someone finally using brains 

And it would have worked beautifully too, if all of you had actually read the list I did provide and commented on it. Maybe next time. 

2 minutes ago, D P R said:

I can't even. 

Can't even what?  You had the only vote that mattered.  Basically from the start of day 1 the hammer vote. You hammered him without asking for a reveal.  Blind hammer. How the hell did he know when it was coming? Deadline was close but still plenty of time.  That consensus meant nothing to anyone other than you, 80 and maybe Nyn. 

7 minutes ago, D P R said:

Coupla things:

This is basically the Mason discussion of stupidity all over again where basically town buries itself with or without scum's help, over nonsense.

Just now, CTM said:

as I said, who ever made dpr King has a twisted sense of humor.. 

after jerking us all off for 3 days he lynches without any warning .. lmao 

Except for the deadline warning... there was that one.

Suck it.

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

as I said, who ever made dpr King has a twisted sense of humor.. 

after jerking us all off for 3 days he lynches without any warning .. lmao 

Without warning?  He waited until right up against the deadline after stating numerous times what he wanted:  For town to come to a consensus.  Everyone is saying that was a dumb strategy, but didn't provide that feedback until it was too late, because half the game isn't trying, like usual.

He should have gotten a reveal out of Calder but that's literally the only thing he did wrong.  I blame Calder himself (who knew what was coming) and a non-participating town more than DPR. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is what Mafia has become.  A bunch of Johnny come lately's not participating, then in the 11th hour, or after the day ends, criticizing the gameplay and bickering.  How about lay out your brilliant strategies a little earlier? 

I sure tried.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is what Mafia has become.  A bunch of Johnny come lately's not playing then in the 11th hour, or after the day ends, criticizing the gameplay.  How about lay out your brilliant strategies a little earlier? 

I been playing the entire game. New mechanics always put each other at one another throats. Verbal did this on purpose. Its him we should hate.

• Upvote 4

Just now, The Crusher said:

I been playing the entire game. New mechanics always put each other at one another throats. Verbal did this on purpose. Its him we should hate.

True.  And I'll re-phrase:  Half the game are Johnny come lately's, not everyone.  Yet the same people who purposely avoided playing are the loudest critics right now.