Report: Jets Offer to Fitz at $12 Million in First Year of 3-Year/$24M Deal

JetNation

Just now, Mike135 said:

If Geno starts and Vegas gives like 100 to 1 odds, that's a bet I happily throw a $100 on.

If Fitz starts and Vegas gives us 50 to 1 odds, I'd rather spend the money on scratch offs.

I'm pretty sure your a Pats troll, and pulling the Colgateman maneuver 

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

The Jets are gonna marry someone.

Either choose the chick you're still technically married to that you had a rough couple years with while you were strapped for cash, had the insane in-laws living with you and were raising kids from hell.  Hoping for better times now.

Or pay for a huge wedding for some chick with facial hair who's been married 5 other times.  Each time screwing over their ex-husband while leaving them broke and in the gutter.

Me?  I don't like chicks with beards.

How big are her cans?

1 minute ago, ljr said:

Lol ... You are almost there brother!

History  say Fitz QB'd us to 10 wins last season.

you believe the team has gotten better

throw a whole bunch of variables into the blender with SOS, player health, coaching improvements, team unity, funny bounces of the ball, etc. ... Stir ... And if the mix comes out in our favor.

wouldnt logic say there is a reasonable chance ?

At this point I have to say no.  Once/if Fitz signs and the season draws near, check with me again.  Early season hype may have swayed me.

Now though, even if the team improved more than it has, Fitz is a playoff killer.  Until proven otherwise.  Some people are winners and rise to the occasion.  For all his faults, Sanchez is like that.  Fitz is not.

Will I root for it to happen if Macc fails this test and signs Fitzy, hell m'f'in yeah!  

Before the mistake is made though, I'm against it completely.

7 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

If Geno starts and Vegas gives like 100 to 1 odds, that's a bet I happily throw a $100 on.

If Fitz starts and Vegas gives us 50 to 1 odds, I'd rather spend the money on scratch offs.

So what you're saying is that we have a 50-1 better chance to win with Fitz. Because you know that Vegas doesn't fool around with guys who are failures. No 2nd or 3rd chances for Worst Qb in the NFL two years in a row. They go with success esp recent success. And btw it won't be 50-1 with Fitz. I was in Vegas with in Feb and I got the Jets for 35-1 with Fitz unsigned but before all of this nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

So what you're saying is that we have a 50-1 better chance to win with Fitz. Because you know that Vegas doesn't fool around with guys who are failures. They go with success esp recent success. And btw it won't be 50-1 with Fitz. I was in Vegas with Fitz I got the Jets for 35-1 with Fitz unsigned but before all of this nonsense. 

Hypothetical numbers/situation.  Other than at the blackjack table, I don't gamble much.

15 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

At this point I have to say no.  Once/if Fitz signs and the season draws near, check with me again.  Early season hype may have swayed me.

Now though, even if the team improved more than it has, Fitz is a playoff killer.  Until proven otherwise.  Some people are winners and rise to the occasion.  For all his faults, Sanchez is like that.  Fitz is not.

Will I root for it to happen if Macc fails this test and signs Fitzy, hell m'f'in yeah!  

Before the mistake is made though, I'm against it completely.

Ditto

23 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

true colors mike

6 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Good song.  Imma call ya Cyndi from now on.  B)

absolutely no proof that geno wont succeed

absolute proof that fitz will fail

fitz is a loser until proven otherwise

geno first 3 years don't count because he wasn't treated fairly

cant make this sh*t up. heres a factoid for ya

fitzpatricks teammates love him

geno's teammates break his jaw

2 minutes ago, ylekram said:

absolutely no proof that geno wont succeed

absolute proof that fitz will fail

fitz is a loser until pproven otherwise

geno first 3 years don't count because he wasn't treated fairly

cant make this sh*t up. heres a factoid for ya

fitzpatricks teammates love him

geno's teammates break his jaw

Ugh, exhibit A of the type of thinking that will have us wasting 24mil+ over the next three seasons for mediocrity.

If you're comfortable with that, other than to just kill the time, there's no sense arguing.  

I am not comfortable with that.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Ugh, exhibit A of the type of thinking that will have us wasting 24mil+ over the next three seasons for mediocrity.

If you're comfortable with that, other than to just kill the time, there's no sense arguing.  

the word you are looking for is competent. yes. I prefer competent play over atrocious  play every day of the week and twice on sundays. I don't care right now about 2 or 3 seasons from now. that will shake itself out. you have a belief, that no matter what you saw, geno is going to be great. without a doubt. that's hope. it could vary well happen, but its still hope. I get it. you believe in geno and have hope for him and nothing will shake you from that. the rest of us you debate with have also seen geno in action. we don't believe that geno should be gifted his 4th starting gig in as many years, regardless of the cap situation. geno needs to earn a start. that's the first step. earn not gift. you would like the jets to bank their entire season on your hope. that hope, my friend, is a long shot and what gets front offices fired

19 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

So then according to you, the Jets have wasted billions of dollars for mediocrity because they haven't won a title in nearly 50 years. That's what it's all about right? If they're going to waste all that money, I would rather at least enjoy watching the team in 2016 than knowing it's futile. 

3 minutes ago, ylekram said:

the word you are looking for is competent. yes. I prefer competent play over atrocious  play every day of the week and twice on sundays. I don't care right now about 2 or 3 seasons from now. that will shake itself out. you have a belief, that no matter what you saw, geno is going to be great. without a doubt. that's hope. it could vary well happen, but its still hope. I get it. you believe in geno and have hope for him and nothing will shake you from that. the rest of us you debate with have also seen geno in action. we don't believe that geno should be gifted his 4th starting gig in as many years, regardless of the cap situation. geno needs to earn a start. that's the first step. earn not gift. you would like the jets to bank their entire season on your hope. that hope, my friend, is a long shot and what gets front offices fired

That's the same sort of cautious thinking from Bowles that put us here.  Missed the playoffs, yet still somehow have to pay Ryan Fitzpatrick big.

I agree now, paying Fitz is the safer choice for Macc n Bowles because the media feels that way.  However the media has a habit of changing pretty quickly.

If we come up short again in December, the articles will change w/o any regard to what the same writers were saying before.  Even though the media called for it, it'll change to faulting Macc and Bowles for wasting the money and not seeing what the young guys can do in the process.

That is the worst possible outcome I can imagine and hope Macc realizes it.

41 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

That's the same sort of cautious thinking from Bowles that put us here.  Missed the playoffs, yet still somehow have to pay Ryan Fitzpatrick big.

I agree now, paying Fitz is the safer choice for Macc n Bowles because the media feels that way.  However the media has a habit of changing pretty quickly.

If we come up short again in December, the articles will change w/o any regard to what the same writers were saying before.  Even though the media called for it, it'll change to faulting Macc and Bowles for wasting the money and not seeing what the young guys can do in the process.

That is the worst possible outcome I can imagine and hope Macc realizes it.

I think you mean smarter.

that worst possible outcome you talk of has less of a chance of happening than your hope becoming reality

11 minutes ago, ylekram said:

I think you mean smarter.

that worst possible outcome you talk of has less of a chance of happening than your hope becoming reality

Nope, "safer" is the correct word.

And I really don't think the odds of Fitz missing the playoffs are much lower than odds of Geno making the playoffs are.  

In fact I'd say the odds of Fitz missing the playoffs are around 90%.

Whereas Geno making the playoffs is somewhere around 20%. (I personally feel Geno's odds are above 50% with this team.)

Even with that said, any non-Fitz (at over 5mil) option is a better option than Fitz missing the playoffs.

Any option.  Geno, Petty or Hack winning anywhere from 0 to 19 games.

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

And I really don't think the odds of Fitz missing the playoffs are much lower than odds of Geno making the playoffs are.  

Whereas Geno making the playoffs is somewhere around 20%. (I personally feel Geno's odds are above 50% with this team.)

Even with that said, any non-Fitz (at over 5mil) option is a better option than Fitz missing the playoffs.

mike, there is no talking to you any more. you, my friend, are a madman

2 minutes ago, ylekram said:

mike, there is no talking to you any more. you, my friend, are a madman

Ha, sorry man.  Just the way I feel.  No sense spending over 5mil per on a multi-year deal on any older QB that isn't likely to make the playoffs when we have three young guys already.  No matter what the alternative outcome is.

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

What are you saying ???

why say "odds of missing the playoffs" with the first guy

and then say "odds of making the playoffs" with the second guy???

speak the same language for both or you sound crazy!

and then how can Geno's odds be around 20% & at the same time above 50% ????????

dude ... Call it a night & pass out already!!!

1 minute ago, ljr said:

What are you saying ???

why say "odds of missing the playoffs" with the first guy

and then say "odds of making the playoffs" with the second guy???

speak the same language for both or you sound crazy!

and then how can Geno's odds be around 20% & at the same time above 50% ????????

dude ... Call it a night & pass out already!!!

Ha, I had to really double check that post to make sure it came out right.  I answered based on how I was asked.  Confusing?  Yes, but it does make sense.

The 20-50% thing?  I personally feel Geno has at least a 50% of taking this squad to the playoffs, but I'd imagine most wouldn't be that confident.  So I guessed around 20%.

No such luck on passing out.  At least another 10 hours of work ahead of me.

Just now, Mike135 said:

Ha, I had to really double check that post to make sure it came out right.  I answered based on how I was asked.  Confusing?  Yes, but it does make sense.

The 20-50% thing?  I personally feel Geno has at least a 50% of taking this squad to the playoffs, but I'd imagine most wouldn't be that confident.  So I guessed around 20%.

No such luck on passing out.  At least another 10 hours of work ahead of me.

What do you do for work? This should be interesting.

12 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

So then according to you, the Jets have wasted billions of dollars for mediocrity because they haven't won a title in nearly 50 years. That's what it's all about right? If they're going to waste all that money, I would rather at least enjoy watching the team in 2016 than knowing it's futile. 

Yeah the Jets have wasted billions, and l the team has to show for it is back to back spankings in afc championship games, pathetic

Archived