Report: Jets Offer to Fitz at $12 Million in First Year of 3-Year/$24M Deal

JetNation

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Yeah. 

I gave you sweet deal. Fitz technically doesnt even have to be signed for you to win. 

I think Geno is better than FItz...so much so that I'll put 20 on it and you can win without Fitz even being signed. 

I think that if Bowles see's Geno's progression he will play Geno, no matter the QB's and no matter what they're being paid. 

Come week 1, if Geno isnt the starter I'll send you 20. That's my word. 

cool. but the "who da mans" are on command, correct? also, gotta be a time limit. lets say they must be used before the season ends or the day the season ends. cool?

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ylekram said:

cool. but the "who da mans" are on command, correct? also, gotta be a time limit. lets say they must be used before the season ends or the day the season ends. cool?

What's "who da mans"? I thought you meant "Who's the man...literally"....as in "are you willing to bet" lol. 

Did I misunderstand you? Let me know what you mean so I can properly understand. 

What's "who da mans"? I thought you meant "Who's the man...literally"....as in "are you willing to bet" lol. 

Did I misunderstand you? Let me know what you mean so I can properly understand. 

20 "who da mans" on command means if I lose, you get to post 20x over the course of the season, whenever you feel like it,"ylekram, who's the man?"  and I would have to reply back to you "your the man, villain". could be on a slow day. could be in the middle of a heated argument. doesn't matter. makes it fun that way

Just now, ylekram said:

20 "who da mans" on command means if I lose, you get to post 20x over the course of the season, whenever you feel like it,"ylekram, who's the man?"  and I would have to reply back to you "your the man, villain". could be on a slow day. could be in the middle of a heated argument. doesn't matter. makes it fun that way

Oh yeah! Im with that! lol. 

20 and "who's da man"! 

Dude thats hilarious! lol. 

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yeah, it was in another thread. Someone wrote "Geno, 42 turnovers in 2 years" and dudes had a ball. I go and show how between 2011/2012 Fitz had 51 turnovers and from 2010-2012 he had 74 total turnovers. 

No one said a word. 

Eli had 42 turnovers in 2012-2013 and that's not including fumbles just picks..

14 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

In all honesty, isnt that what the Jets did? They offered Fitz something that they could afford, but the jets are not in a situation where they literally dont have a QB that they can play. They offered Fitz what he was worth to them. If Fitz doesnt agree then the Jets are moving forward with Geno. 

I'm ok with that. But Woody and Mac will take the brunt of it if Geno crashes. And the players don't buy into it. Remember no matter what you personally think of Fitz as a Qb the players think he's pretty good. 

Just now, Savage69 said:

Eli had 42 turnovers in 2012-2013 and that's not including fumbles just picks..

And thats a 2X SB winning QB. 

Goes to show how ridiculous it is to think that a rookie/2nd year player is suddenly garbage when vets (even SB MVP winning vets) are doing this as verterans. 

34 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

So then if Fitz doesn't want to accept a deal structured like this. Which basically uses him as a low cost insurance policy in case Hack isn't ready. Give him a one year deal. If the Jets want to pay him 8 per and he wants 12 then give him 10 with no strings attached for 2017. He might accept it because he probably won't get a better one year offer or a guaranteed starter's job. If he's good he makes a lot more money either here or somewhere else. If not he could lose money. 

The Jets CAN'Toffer Fitz a 1 year deal if it's more than 5-6 million, they can't fit it under the cap how many people have to explain this to you.

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm ok with that. But Woody and Mac will take the brunt of it if Geno crashes. And the players don't buy into it. Remember no matter what you personally think of Fitz as a Qb the players think he's pretty good. 

You think they wont take the brunt of the Fitz crash if you pay him 12+ million and he wins less games and doesnt make the playoffs? 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Oh yeah! Im with that! lol. 

20 and "who's da man"! 

Dude thats hilarious! lol. 

ya, I could be in the middle of calling you a know nothing, novice ,egotistical, madman poster and your reply to me is "but, ylekram. who's the man?" and I would have to reply back to you" your the man,vilian". and it cant be some kinda backhanded, half hearted reply. it would have to be just how I stated.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

The Jets CAN'Toffer Fitz a 1 year deal if it's more than 5-6 million, they can't fit it under the cap how many people have to explain this to you.

Then how do they give him a front loaded deal that pays him 12 mil for 2016. Of course they can give him a one year contract. At this moment in time they don't have the cap space to pay him nothing. Of course if they don't sign him cap wise they are ok. This could be their endgame. If so its because of ineptitude. And mishandling the cap. 

Just now, ylekram said:

ya, I could be in the middle of calling you a know nothing, novice ,egotistical, madman poster and your reply to me is "but, ylekram. who's the man?" and I would have to reply back to you" your the man,vilian". and it cant be some kinda backhanded, half hearted reply. it would have to be just how I stated.

Oh and please, when you say "you're the man villain" please accompany it with a gif of Sho'nuff. 

shonuff-o.gif

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Oh and please, when you say "you're the man villain" please accompany it with a gif of Sho'nuff. 

shonuff-o.gif

sorry, don't do gifs. if you show me how, we can make that part of the deal if you want

Na, its cool. I guess if I win and you respond with "you are villain" then I'll respond to that with a gif of sho'nuff! lol. 

So, this is confirmed? 

yes. you are on! win or lose, it will be fun

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You think they wont take the brunt of the Fitz crash if you pay him 12+ million and he wins less games and doesnt make the playoffs? 

No I don't. He's not getting a big time multi-year contract. Most fans think he's our best Qb by far and don't want Geno or a rookie. And think based on 2015 we have a better chance to win with Fitz as Qb. If he sucks which I don't think would happen no blame except from you guys. Not every signing works out. Our best percentage chance of winning is with Fitz. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

No I don't. He's not getting a big time multi-year contract. Most fans think he's our best Qb by far and don't want Geno or a rookie. And think based on 2015 we have a better chance to win with Fitz as Qb. If he sucks which I don't think would happen no blame except from you guys. Not every signing works out. Our best percentage chance of winning is with Fitz. 

Winning what the guy hasnt made the playoffs in 11 years with 6 different teams

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Of course you dont. The brunt is only associated with Geno. And most fans think he's the best QB by far "right now". They didnt think that this time last year. We'll see what they think come week 7 after that 6 week stretch "if" Fitz is even a Jet starter. 

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

If you were a  Denver fan going into this past season who would you think gave you the best chance of winning Peyton or Brock?? Brock ended up with the better stats..

My thoughts on people thinking that the Jets organization will Fitz can hold out until training camp like Strahan and Favre. 

I think what people are forgetting is that Mo Wilkerson hasnt signed his Franchise tag tender. The Jets have until July 15th to either get a deal done or Mo will be playing under that tag. Training camp will start soon after that. 

I think that the Jets can take that 12 million and invest it right into Mo Wilkerson, a guy in his prime, and sign him to a long contract and simply take the offer for Fitz off the table. 

Mo already counts for 15 million on the cap. You can make him a deal, give him a nice signing bonus and spread that money out across the duration of the contract...leaving Fitzpatrick in the cold. 

Here is what I think should be on the table:

Do we think the Jets can make the playoffs with Fitzpatrick?  If so, you pay the $12 million, roll the dice, and see if we hit the 10-11 win mark again and see.

If we DON'T think we can even make the playoffs with Fitzpatrick, why spend $12 million to know what the result is?  I am not convinced Geno is any good, but would it not make sense, if we have no chance to make the playoffs with Fitzpatrick, to give Geno the reigns for one year, with Marshall, Decker, and Forte, to see if the neurons somehow start to fire for one season?  He makes the playoffs, great.  If he doesn't, we are no worse off than with Fitzpatrick, did not have to sign him for three years, and are probably in a better drafting position.

The ONLY way thing that makes sense in bringing Fitzpatrick back is if you think we can go to the playoffs with him.

Look, there are teams that don't have great starting Qbs like the Vikings. Teddy has basically been a game manager so far nothing more than that. This is just an example. You can throw in the Rams and SF and probably a few others like the Bills. Not all starting Qbs are locks for their jobs. So there is probably still a market for Fitz as a better paid backup with maybe a clause in his deal giving him extra money if he starts. Something the Jets never offered him. 

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look, there are teams that don't have great starting Qbs like the Vikings. Teddy has basically been a game manager so far nothing more than that. This is just an example. You can throw in the Rams and SF and probably a few others like the Bills. Not all starting Qbs are locks for their jobs. So there is probably still a market for Fitz as a better paid backup with maybe a clause in his deal giving him extra money if he starts. Something the Jets never offered him. 

Though I agree with your Teddy assessment, atleast the Vikings have attempted to build around him, which has produced a playoff appearance along with what should have been a win against the hawks. 

Geno's first two seasons were a disaster, his 3rd year he got punched in the face by a teammate with a history of violence. This is why I say that resigning Fitzpatrick defeats the purpose of having 3 QB's all under rookie contracts. You're basically squandering young talent potential for a guy who's had his chance last year against an easy schedule who made it just far enough to say "we almost made it to the playoffs"...which by the way is the closest he's ever been to "making the playoffs". 

I want to know what Geno can do with this talent because it would be much more beneficial for the Jets in the long run. If Fitzpatrick comes back and we are "close but no cigar" to the playoffs again, should we again start him while letting Geno walk given the contract expiration and having Petty sit for a 3rd season and Hackenberg for a 2nd? 

Look, I dont mind the Jets signing Fitzpatrick. I mind handing him the job. 

27 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Though I agree with your Teddy assessment, atleast the Vikings have attempted to build around him, which has produced a playoff appearance along with what should have been a win against the hawks. 

Geno's first two seasons were a disaster, his 3rd year he got punched in the face by a teammate with a history of violence. This is why I say that resigning Fitzpatrick defeats the purpose of having 3 QB's all under rookie contracts. You're basically squandering young talent potential for a guy who's had his chance last year against an easy schedule who made it just far enough to say "we almost made it to the playoffs"...which by the way is the closest he's ever been to "making the playoffs". 

I want to know what Geno can do with this talent because it would be much more beneficial for the Jets in the long run. If Fitzpatrick comes back and we are "close but no cigar" to the playoffs again, should we again start him while letting Geno walk given the contract expiration and having Petty sit for a 3rd season and Hackenberg for a 2nd? 

Look, I dont mind the Jets signing Fitzpatrick. I mind handing him the job. 

Well if you think that 2016 is a throwaway year and we have no real chance to make the playoffs then you don't sign Fitz and give Geno a tryout. But if like me you believe that 2016 is a year we have a good chance to compete in and make the playoffs you sign him even if for a little more money. I've heard rumors over these past 2 months that the Jets had an offer in but were willing to sweeten it. It's up to the Jets FO and owner to make that call. But I think most fans want us to win this year not to try out Qbs and rebuild.

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Well if you think that 2016 s a throwaway year and we have no real chance to make the playoffs then you don't sign Fitz and give Geno a tryout. But if like me 2016 is a year we have a good chance to compete and make the playoffs you sign him even if for a little more money. I've heard rumors over these past 2 months that the Jets had an offer in but were willing to sweeten it. It's up to the Jets FO and owner to make that call. But I think most fans want us to win this year not to try out Qbs and rebuild.

A throw away year, because im looking to see what the young guys can do? What would you call Fitz 11 seasons then? 

The stuff you be sayin'.....wild! 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Well if you think that 2016 s a throwaway year and we have no real chance to make the playoffs then you don't sign Fitz and give Geno a tryout. But if like me 2016 is a year we have a good chance to compete and make the playoffs you sign him even if for a little more money. I've heard rumors over these past 2 months that the Jets had an offer in but were willing to sweeten it. It's up to the Jets FO and owner to make that call. But I think most fans want us to win this year not to try out Qbs and rebuild.

And if you're an optimistic fan like myself, and think this could be a playoff team (in spite of the rough schedule), you definitely don't pay Fitz.  That's only if you want 7-9 wins.  If you want the playoffs, you let Mr. 11yearsAndNoPlayoffs walk.

A throw away year, because im looking to see what the young guys can do? What would you call Fitz 11 seasons then? 

The stuff you be sayin'.....wild! 

We're talking what he did with these players and this offense last year. Not 10 years ago with the Rams and other bad teams he played for. Look, Bowles is a non nonsense guy he wants to win and only plays guys who he thinks can win. 

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

We're talking what he did with these players and this offense last year. Not 10 years ago with the Rams and other bad teams he played for. Look, Bowles is a non nonsense guy he wants to win and only plays guys who he thinks can win. 

What did he do? He didnt do anything extraordinary. 

Bowles is a no nonsense guy that was willing to start Geno. He's a no nonsense guy who currently has Geno as the starter. 

Archived