Kirwan breaks down Fitz on film

AFJF

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Film" probably wasn't the best term...LOL

More like white board, but bottom line is Kirwan is a former player, coach and exec who has been an analyst for over a decade now.  He knows his stuff.

54 minutes ago, AFJF said:

More like white board, but bottom line is Kirwan is a former player, coach and exec who has been an analyst for over a decade now.  He knows his stuff.

Did kirwan even play in high school?

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Where was Kirwan a player?  

Well, like Kirwan said, Geno would NEVER read this. Doesn't that tell you all you need to know? Pat has as little respect for Geno as just about anyone with an ounce of common sense.

In all honesty, Fitz surprised me with how well he played, but the fact is, he did it. His good play was his doing. So I am in total agreement that Fitz is the guy for the job. Geno is a f*cking retard and I shutter to think how bad this season will turn out if Mac is stupid enough to allow that idiot to start for the team.

50 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

Well, like Kirwan said, Geno would NEVER read this. Doesn't that tell you all you need to know? Pat has as little respect for Geno as just about anyone with an ounce of common sense.

In all honesty, Fitz surprised me with how well he played, but the fact is, he did it. His good play was his doing. So I am in total agreement that Fitz is the guy for the job. Geno is a f*cking retard and I shutter to think how bad this season will turn out if Mac is stupid enough to allow that idiot to start for the team.

Common sense. Retard

<_<

BTW, the HC will decide who's the QB 

19 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I wonder how many other fan bases get upset when somebody shows one if their players doing something well.

Kind of like how upset people got when they read Geno was working overtime with a group of WRs.  

That kind of upset?  Actually that brought out more negative talk than this.  Sorry

58 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I wonder how many other fan bases get upset when somebody shows one if their players doing something well.

Nobody's upset here but you, although I'm not surprised that your "film breakdown" post was just as worthless as all of your other "articles":lol:

11 hours ago, elgoman said:

The Pats game doesn't even go to overtime if Fitz doesn't miss about 4 deep ball chances. 

The Jets don't even lose a game if Fitz doesn't miss any passes all season long either.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

2 things.

Never assume the the redundancy of 5-10 dopes on the internet = "the fan base".

Never assume the talking point is what they are actually upset about. Assume it's got more to do with developmental psychology and a general lack of getting laid in their lives.

9 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

If ur not upset then why do u feel the need to answer him?

These guys had their season ruined the second the Jets won their seventh game and five months of "why did we get a max. 6 win QB" blathering went out the window.   Now anyone who supports Fitz gets under their skin.

These guys had their season ruined the second the Jets won their seventh game and five months of "why did we get a max. 6 win QB" blathering went out the window.   Now anyone who supports Fitz gets under their skin.

Yup, tired of it, the board has been polluted by nonsense for a long time

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

2 things.

Never assume the the redundancy of 5-10 dopes on the internet = "the fan base".

Never assume the talking point is what they are actually upset about. Assume it's got more to do with developmental psychology and a general lack of getting laid in their lives.

True...I should have said "some fans"

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

I did some analysis on Fitz in the postseason.  Here it is:

That looks eerily similar to the analysis I did on Fitz being voted worst QB in the NFL two years in a row and saying it was hilarious, skipping a team meeting to "go to the movies" then getting beaten up by a teammate for refusing to pay off a debt.

12 hours ago, AFJF said:

He talks about the amount of games that Fitz had with multiple TD's (9) then says that Geno had double the amount of games played yet less games with multiple TD's (6). 

He then goes on to make a loose comparison to Rich Gannon, and in that comparison he states: He's better now than he's ever been (like with Rich Gannon with the Raiders). And if you want to say "its the weapons" with Fitz, then I'll say the same thing about Rich Gannon. Rich had Jerry Rice and Tim Brown. MAYBE SOMETIMES YOU NEED TO GIVE THE GUY WEAPONS.

Well Pat, Geno Smith didnt have Jerry Rice and Tim Brown, and he didnt have Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker. He had guys who are either unemployed and currently out of the league, or benched. The 1 guy that he did have in Decker, wasnt a #1 WR and was injured for the majority of the season. And even with that Decker was less than 40 yards away of breaking 1,000 yards with Geno. And lets be serious, Eric Decker as Geno's #1 WR isnt like Brandon Marshall as his #1 or DeAndre Hopkins as his #1, back when Fitz was a Texan. 

Question Pat, why is it that you can  "say the same thing about Rich Gannon" in respects to weapons while saying that its okay to provide Fitz with weapons yet you dont take that into consideration when comparing Geno's games (less games with multiple TD's etc.)? Why hasnt it occurred to you Pat that maybe Geno needs the same type of weapons that Fitz and Gannon needed in order to turn things around? I would ask for you to tell me which season did Geno have weapons to use that was comparable to Fitz weapons last year or Rich Gannon's when he had Rice and Brown, but we both know that such a season doesnt exist. 

I agree with you Pat that we need not to forget about Fitz, but lets stop pretending that your comparisons are on equal ground here. It would be valid if Geno had 1 season with those weapons (Fitz) or some of his 5 seasons with Rice/Brown (Gannon), but when a majority of your targets are Stephen Hill, Clyde Gates, Ryan Spadola, David Nelson, Jeremy Kerley, post Lisfranc Santonio Holmes, Chad Shilens, Jeff Cumberland etc. I think it's fair to say that you can support Ryan Fitzpatrick without giving totally unequal comparisons to Geno. 

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Then he proceeded to throw away the season 15 minutes before the playoffs and then the Jets let him test the waters in free agency just to show him exactly what he's worth....and he's still a free agent. 

No Fitz supporter can get under this skin, its just more of an embarrassment that as a fan Im even associated with this level of desperation. They type of desperation that would even post lousy Pat Kirwin breakdowns. 

I'll do us a favor though, which should guarantee us a playoff birth. If we resign Fitz I'll create a "Why support a max 10 win QB". My first statement which was completely and purposely taken out of context has practically made Fitzpatrick a legend around here. 

You're welcome! :-) 

12 hours ago, elgoman said:

The Pats game doesn't even go to overtime if Fitz doesn't miss about 4 deep ball chances. 

Makes perfect sense that Fitzaholic fukwits are sold by this Monday morning “mind-reading” of every player on the field by another clueless idiot that misses the big picture.  

Game shouldn’t have gone to OT.

Kirwan forgot to explain how Fitzmagic failed to put away a half-baked Pats backup team in regulation in a must-win game and might've blown the season without the gift coinflop.

He also failed to compute that Geno played with a different Jets team and coaching staff. Nice homework.

But Kirwan is too busy writing creative storylines for select players to have time for actual facts.

5 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Makes perfect sense that Fitzaholic fukwits are sold by this Monday morning “mind-reading” of every player on the field by another clueless idiot that misses the big picture.  

Kirwan forgot to explain how Fitzmagic failed to put away a half-baked Pats backup team in regulation in a must-win game and might've blown the season without the gift coinflop.

He also failed to compute that Geno played with a different Jets team and coaching staff. Nice homework.

But Kirwan is too busy writing creative storylines for select players to have time for actual facts.

Agenda! 

36 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

He talks about the amount of games that Fitz had with multiple TD's (9) then says that Geno had double the amount of games played yet less games with multiple TD's (6). 

He then goes on to make a loose comparison to Rich Gannon, and in that comparison he states: He's better now than he's ever been (like with Rich Gannon with the Raiders). And if you want to say "its the weapons" with Fitz, then I'll say the same thing about Rich Gannon. Rich had Jerry Rice and Tim Brown. MAYBE SOMETIMES YOU NEED TO GIVE THE GUY WEAPONS.

Well Pat, Geno Smith didnt have Jerry Rice and Tim Brown, and he didnt have Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker. He had guys who are either unemployed and currently out of the league, or benched. The 1 guy that he did have in Decker, wasnt a #1 WR and was injured for the majority of the season. And even with that Decker was less than 40 yards away of breaking 1,000 with Geno. And lets be serious, Eric Decker as Geno's #1 WR isnt like Brandon Marshall as his #1 or DeAndre Hopkins as his #1, back when Fitz was a Texan. 

Question Pat, why is it that you can  "say the same thing about Rich Gannon" in respects to weapons while saying that its okay to provide Fitz with weapons yet you dont take that into consideration when comparing Geno's games (less games with multiple TD's etc.)? Why hasnt it occurred to you Pat that maybe Geno needs the same type of weapons that Fitz and Gannon needed in order to turn things around? I would ask for to tell me which season did Geno have weapons to use that was comparable to Fitz weapons last year or Rich Gannon's when he had Rice and Brown, but we both know that such a season doesnt exist. 

I agree with you Pat that we need not to forget about Fitz, but lets stop pretending that your comparisons are on equal ground here. It would be valid if Geno had 1 season with those weapons (Fitz) or some of his 5 seasons with Rice/Brown (Gannon), but when a majority of your targets are Stephen Hill, Clyde Gates, Ryan Spadola, David Nelson, Jeremy Kerley, post Lisfranc Santonio Holmes, Chad Shilens, Jeff Cumberland etc. I think it's fair to say that you can support Ryan Fitzpatrick without giving totally unequal comparisons to Geno. 

It's hilarious that Kirwan's just as dumb as the Fitzites on this board. Feels like he's been posting here all along.

“There's something in Fitz that he's better now than he's ever been. And you wanna say it’s because of his receivers? I’ll say the same thing about Richie Gannon - he ends up with Jerry Rice and Tim Brown - maybe sometime you gotta give the guy weapons.”

Rich Gannon? What about Geno? What did Geno have, you waffling moron? 

He compares Fitz’s 11th year to Geno’s rookie and sophomore years (with a different team and staff) and supports his illogic by comparing apples to oranges to kiwis.

9 minutes ago, jetrider said:

So who won the game. Or are we now into a new low in silliness: "almost losses." I'll take those anytime esp against NEP. 

10 minutes ago, jetrider said:

It's hilarious that Kirwan's just as dumb as the Fitzites on this board. Feels like he's been posting here all along.

“There's something in Fitz that he's better now than he's ever been. And you wanna say it’s because of his receivers? I’ll say the same thing about Richie Gannon - he ends up with Jerry Rice and Tim Brown - maybe sometime you gotta give the guy weapons.”

Rich Gannon? What about Geno? What did Geno have, you waffling moron? 

He compares Fitz’s 11th year to Geno’s rookie and sophomore years (with a different team and staff) and supports his illogic by comparing apples to oranges to kiwis.

I cant explain it bro. The breakdown was terrible, which that wouldnt be Pat Kirwin's first terrible breakdown anyway so its not surprising. 

I dont even mind the Fitz support. Fitz had a better season than I thought personally, but not to the point where I have to go to Minicamp threads only to post tweets when Geno gets intercepted as some sort of way to make Fitz look better (Fitz fans). Its crazy how when Geno is doing well you cant find a tweet about it unless I go and post ALL of the tweets from practice, then the first thing you hear is "It doesnt matter because they're in shorts and no pads" but the moment he throws an interception you see tweets and comments everywhere! lol. Thats the type of Fitz support that is laughable.

This offseason has been all types of funny, let me tell ya! lol. 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Kind of like how upset people got when they read Geno was working overtime with a group of WRs.  

That kind of upset?  Actually that brought out more negative talk than this.  Sorry

Here's the film of Geno Smith playing well:

Archived