The Mets Are Done (Good)! Jets PSL's Are (Awesome)!

SAR I

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rush is awful. My cable company just arbitrarily decided that my cable package is worth $15 dollars more per month and I'm going to pay it even though I've literally never used the landline portion of the Triple Play package, so I can't really complain about the idiocy of paying a PSL. The Mets should get crafty and trade for a Ryan Braun or some sh*t like that. The Nets are getting ready to give $20 mil to a backup shooting guard, and I can't help but think that this will all eventually catch up with the NBA (it reminds me of when all those mid-level executives were out buying Hummers during the tech boom). Phil Jackson prioritized signing Noah because Noah flew to his house to chill with him once, proving yet again that the Knicks are quietly as stupid as the Jets. The Jets under Maccagnan are pretty much going to be a carbon copy of the Texans under Rick Smith. The Giants are going to score 30+ ppg next season. 

23 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The newly emerging Yankee fan inferiority complex is my favorite of all the complexes. 

spot on.  It really is quite interesting to watch.  Somebody should do a psychological study.  But they don't even come close to the delusional Pats fans.  At least the Yankees success was never based on luck and cheating the way the Pats' is.

On July 9, 2016 at 9:21 AM, T0mShane said:

Rush is awful. My cable company just arbitrarily decided that my cable package is worth $15 dollars more per month and I'm going to pay it even though I've literally never used the landline portion of the Triple Play package, so I can't really complain about the idiocy of paying a PSL. 

You shouldn't.

Your additional $15 per month is more annually than the $8 more per game for a PSL.

Cable companies will die on the vine with their lack of a la carte programming.  Golf is the only "sport" that's more painfully boring to watch than baseball. I'd rather drive a Jeep than a BMW. Coors Light is so gay, that gay people laugh at those who drink it. Finally, the John Idzik hiring was the biggest mistake in the history of sports.

I knew the Mets had to do it last year with their flame-throwing rotation intact.

I feel the same about the Jets; last year was their best chance but one playoffless JAG Ryan Fitzpussy didn't want it bad enough. 

Watch Marshall, Decker, Revis, Forte go on IR now ...

47 minutes ago, Dcat said:

spot on.  It really is quite interesting to watch.  Somebody should do a psychological study.  But they don't even come close to the delusional Pats fans.  At least the Yankees success was never based on luck and cheating the way the Pats' is.

Except that the Yanks haven't won sh*t since the steroid ban and salary controls were installed.

24 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Cable companies will die on the vine with their lack of a la carte programming.  Golf is the only "sport" that's more painfully boring to watch than baseball. I'd rather drive a Jeep than a BMW. Coors Light is so gay, that gay people laugh at those who drink it. Finally, the John Idzik hiring was the biggest mistake in the history of sports.

Neg rep

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Actually its they haven't won since they had a decent head coach and Cashman stopped bringing in decent players. 

Torre was an enabler. Cashman stopped bringing in decent players like Roger Clemens, Jason Giambi and Alex Rodriguez because 1. Steroid ban narrowed the number of those "decent players," and 2. Salary controls like the luxury tax allow small market teams to keep their "decent players." 

The Yankee cartel is doomed.

1 hour ago, Flushing Roots said:

Too bad...

I feel bad for their pompous, bourgeois, self-entitled, hoi polloi, corporate elitist fan base.

No Yankee fan ever cared about the Mets one way or the other.  Yankees were due for a down period, not a surprise to us that the post-Core Four group is going to take some time to get their act together.

However, it's nice to see the Mets return to Earth so that my morning and evening WFAN commute isn't polluted with talks of dynasties and 5 Hall Of Fame pitchers.  That was getting old.  As my neighbors, I feel sorry for Mets fans.  It's sad how the Mets mirror the Jets.  Long stretches of suck followed by a shocking elevation to a championship round then lots of assumptions then crash and burn.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No Yankee fan ever cared about the Mets one way or the other.  Yankees were due for a down period, not a surprise to us that the post-Core Four group is going to take some time to get their act together.

However, it's nice to see the Mets return to Earth so that my morning and evening WFAN commute isn't polluted with talks of dynasties and 5 Hall Of Fame pitchers.  That was getting old.  As my neighbors, I feel sorry for Mets fans.  It's sad how the Mets mirror the Jets.  Long stretches of suck followed by a shocking elevation to a championship round then lots of assumptions then crash and burn.

SAR I

This is comical, Yankee fans were dancing in the streets when the Royals won the WS last year, and were calling WFAN as though they won. And surely you missed the 80's, when Yankees fans traded in their Yankee gear for Mets year.

16 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

This is comical, Yankee fans were dancing in the streets when the Royals won the WS last year, and were calling WFAN as though they won. And surely you missed the 80's, when Yankees fans traded in their Yankee gear for Mets year.

You are out of your mind.  Yankee fans root for the Yankees, we don't root against anyone else except the Red Sox for obvious reasons, there's a rivalry there.

Yankees and Mets are like Giants and Jets.  The lesser team looks for respect in the eyes of the superior team, they never get it.  You, apparently, are delusional enough to create your own mythology.  That's not comical.  That's just sad.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, Powpow said:

I prefer the Yankee paranoid schizophrenic.  Much more dramatic.

Today's Yankee fan is like a fat, happy dad at 6pm on Thanksgiving.  Way too full to be hungry, way too satisfied to care about his next meal, way too proud of his family to have any worries.

Since I've been a cognizant Yankee fan in the mid-70's, we've won 21 division titles, we've won 30 playoff series, we've appeared in 11 World Series, we've won 7 World Championships.  If you think any Yankee fan is upset about our recent fall back to mediocrity, if you think it wasn't expected, you need your head examined.  As for how we feel about the Mets?  Who are the Mets?  We don't care about the Padres either, so don't feel bad.

SAR I

38 minutes ago, SAR I said:

However, it's nice to see the Mets return to Earth so that my morning and evening WFAN commute isn't polluted with talks of dynasties and 5 Hall Of Fame pitchers.  

SAR I

You need to switch to ESPN.

Carton needs to be shot with a dart gun.

Benigno is a loud mouthed cavone and Roberts is a hyperactive drama queen.

Francesa... he possesses the same attributes as the typical Yankee fan as communicated in my previous post.  Not to mention he is the ultimate, incessant pant load. 

8 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

You need to switch to ESPN.

Carton needs to be shot with a dart gun.

Benigno is a loud mouthed cavone and Roberts is a hyperactive drama queen.

Francesa... he possesses the same attributes as the typical Yankee fan as communicated in my previous post.  Not to mention he is the ultimate, incessant pant load.  And I went to college with that fat bastard.

While nothing you say is entirely incorrect, ESPN is even worse, the one guy I simply can't listen to is Michael Kay and the guy pollutes the place, he's everywhere.  And just hearing Don LeGreca's voice reminds me of hundreds of Jets losses listening to him on the post-game show on the long drive back to New Hampshire, making excuses, acting like a no-opinion shill for the organization.  After a long day of work, just cannot tune in to ESPN radio and hear these two guys.

And, perhaps, one could live with this.  But ESPN doesn't let callers in; they just like to hear themselves talk, it's brutal.

SAR I

55 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Today's Yankee fan is like a fat, happy dad at 6pm on Thanksgiving.  Way too full to be hungry, way too satisfied to care about his next meal, way too proud of his family to have any worries.

Since I've been a cognizant Yankee fan in the mid-70's, we've won 21 division titles, we've won 30 playoff series, we've appeared in 11 World Series, we've won 7 World Championships.  If you think any Yankee fan is upset about our recent fall back to mediocrity, if you think it wasn't expected, you need your head examined.  As for how we feel about the Mets?  Who are the Mets?  We don't care about the Padres either, so don't feel bad.

SAR I

Fat, stupid, entitled and dumb is no way to go through life.  Unless you're an insolent skankee fan. ?

On July 9, 2016 at 10:24 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

The newly emerging Yankee fan inferiority complex is my favorite of all the complexes. 

That complex only exists for the tools who jumped on the bandwagon during the mid-late 90's WS runs. Real fans saw the storm clouds in the horizon for SOME time now. 

True long-time Yankers (such as me-self) recall the woeful days of Danny Tartabul, Roberto Kelly, and the NOTORIOUS Mikey Gallego (typical NYC Bar Trivia Question: Name the Yankees starting SS prior to Jeter).

Sports teams are cyclical. While all you slacker Mets fans were reveling in the JOY of your 80's success, the Yanks and their fans had to endure some tough times and be the 2nd fiddle. Yet, WHEN IT MATTERED in the 2000 WS, the TOP NY Baseball team won . . . AGAIN!

Enjoy your time in the sun Mets fans, just don't fly too close to the Sun like Icarus. The Yanks will soon RISE AGAIN!!!!! :D

Archived