The Mets Are Done (Good)! Jets PSL's Are (Awesome)!

SAR I

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

Yeah, no. I get it. Mass casualties, no one would notice. That's hysterical. You should email that to Louis CK.

Get out of here with your nonsense.  Because anywhere Im hoping for mass casualties.  You may want to dissect the phrase no one would notice the team if.  When the light finally goes off in your Yankee head you'll understand just how off base you are and dumb your argument is Father. 

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

But letting go of Murphy is so Jets-like...my god

Murphy has become one of the more misunderstood moves of the year. There was a logic to it that made sense at the time and still does in a few ways, not so much in others. This isn't Kazmir for Zambrano-level stuff even though people are treating it like it is. Now that I said that I'm sure Dilson Herrera will get diverticulitis or something 5 minutes after he gets called up.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Bob Watson and Gene Michael did an awesome job with that roster, and Buck Showalter deserves credit as well.  But what set the Yankees apart was an ability to hang on to that homegrown talent, whereas small market teams ended up being like a farm system for the big market teams.  The minute they started losing their homegrown talent like everybody else, they went down the tubes.

Also to spend blindly on prospects without a concern.  They gave that kid Taylor(?) a record contract and ate it when he blew his arm out in a fight.  They outbid everyone for Irabu and absorb it when he sucks.  Same with that Cuban player they outbid the Sox for.  It's one after another, without blinking an eye when they miss on any FA

16 hours ago, MetsJets1962 said:

well that's utter bollocks

Show me one.  Show me a Yankee fan that has anything to be jealous of, we're the most decorated franchise in all of sports.  No Yankee fan ever said "whoa, those Mets man, wish we were like them" it makes me chuckle just to type it.

Look, after years of suffering you had a good season when everything went wrong for the Nationals.  Now that the Nationals aren't injured and broken, shocker, they are at the top of the division again.  Throw in some bad Mets injuries and there aren't any playoffs on the horizon.  It's how it goes.

As a Yankee fan, I did not care about the Mets when they were losing, I did not care about the Mets last year when they were winning, I do not care about the Mets now that they are failing.  All I want is for Mets fans to stop calling my radio shows acting like they're the 2000 Yankees when they haven't won a damned thing yet.  The Jets won two playoff rounds, did it two years in a row in fact, we got no rings, we got no parades, we got no respect, success went away just as quickly as it came.

SAR I

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

I mentioned this in the Mets thread, but it's really not.  I compare it to when the Jets traded Revis.  Smart move at the time that shouldn't be hindsighted just because Revis ended up winning a title with the Pats.  The Jets had zero control over that, just like Murphy going to the Nationals, and it was the frugal business move. 

Had the Mets held onto Murphy, they'd have not brought back Cespedes, and would have had to move Murphy to either 1B or 3B full-time in order to make room for Dilson Herrera.  And on top of making the Niese for Walker deal, they also got a compensatory 1st round pick out of the deal, using that pick to select a UCONN lefty who comes from the same HS program that produced Steven Matz.  And considering the Mets' track record when it comes to drafting and developing pitchers, it's awfully hard to just shrug that off.

Cespedes + Walker + 1st round pick + not blocking Herrera from being the team's future at 2B >>>> Murphy + Niese. 

4 hours ago, JetPotato said:

You have this about half right. Yankee fans in general are actually pretty dismayed that Hal and Co. have turned them into a marketing firm that owns a baseball team. Not much to look forward to until they bring in some real baseball people again to scout and develop, but also acknowledge that they should cut ties with a lot of vets on the roster and rebuild, rather than hope to contend for a wild card. As for the Mets, yes, not much thought goes into them. Was pretty happy for most fans that got to enjoy their run last year, but it was obvious they had some very fortunate breaks and that there was some things to be concerned about regarding those stud starters they have.

Agree completely.  No Yankee fan is happy with a .500 record but no Yankee fan thinks about the Mets at all regardless of their/our record.  "Take that Yankee fans!  We won the National League Pennant!"  Boy, that really stings.  Lost a lot of sleep over that one.  We've won so many divisions and pennants since I was a kid I lost count, couldn't do it from memory, literally had to go to a MLB site and count them all.

Not sure why Mets fans can't just be happy for themselves without having to constantly try to rub someone else's nose in it (like the Phillies in 2009) or why they have to seek cross-town respect that's never coming (like today with the Yankees).  Be happy for your own team, don't worry about everyone else.  If you need Yankee validation in order to feel good about your one-hit wonder that's pretty sad.

SAR I

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Bob Watson and Gene Michael did an awesome job with that roster, and Buck Showalter deserves credit as well.  But what set the Yankees apart was an ability to hang on to that homegrown talent, whereas small market teams ended up being like a farm system for the big market teams.  The minute they started losing their homegrown talent like everybody else, they went down the tubes.

yep that's pretty much it.

When I watch this current Yankee team it feels like a bunch of imposters LOL. They don't have a REAL hitter on the entire roster. Joe Girardi still has no idea how to make a line up  or use a bulpen. They never advance runners by hitting behind them. They never work pitchers bringing them deep into counts. Watching this team makes me sick

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Trying to think what's worse:

Passing on Dan Marino or letting a home-grown National League MVP stroll down the street to your division rival for a mere bag of shells.

SAR I

30 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Replaced by sand baggers. 

Replaced by loyal fans stuck on a 15 year waitlist with no hope of a decent view in their lifetimes.

PSL owners are, above all, one thing:  Eternally grateful to Robert Wood "Woody" Johnson IV

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Replaced by loyal fans stuck on a 15 year waitlist with no hope of a decent view in their lifetimes.

PSL owners are, above all, one thing:  Eternally grateful to Robert Wood "Woody" Johnson IV

SAR I

SAR I was also on a waiting list before I got my tickets at Giants Stadium. 

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I was also on a waiting list before I got my tickets at Giants Stadium. 

I feel bad for you, just like I felt bad for myself.

Thing is, you and I were blocked out for 15 years and why?  So some grandchild of a Jets fan who inherited his pop's seats could make a profit.

The Jets put an end to it and you should be as grateful as I am.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I feel bad for you, just like I felt bad for myself.

Thing is, you and I were blocked out for 15 years and why?  So some grandchild of a Jets fan who inherited his pop's seats could make a profit.

The Jets put an end to it and you should be as grateful as I am.

SAR I

Happy for you and others,hope to get back in sooner than later. 

Im ok with PSLs for decent seats. 

Enjoy 

I was just a kid but I remember paying more attention to the mid 80's Mets than Yanks at the time. I was pretty jelly.

i actually had a "Nails" poster on my wall. I loved Mookie Wilson. And HoJo! Strawberry had the best swing in baseball. 

I also spent more time pretending I was the Mets starting 5 than Yankees when I'd play simulated pretend games throwing the tennis ball off the garage door too. (The squares would be the strike zone.)

15 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I was just a kid but I remember paying more attention to the late 80's Mets than Yanks at the time. I was pretty jelly.

i actually had a "Nails" poster on my wall. I loved Mookie Wilson. And HoJo! Strawberry had the best swing in baseball. 

I also spent more time pretending I was the Mets starting 5 than Yankees when I'd play simulated pretend games throwing the tennis ball off the garage door too. (The squares would be the strike zone.)

There is a reason all those old 86 guys show up at games all the time, and why they have so many events celebrating that team to this day. Yes, it's our last ring, but the other two championship teams get close to zero love throughout every season. At most they serve for obscure trivia questions between innings.

It's because the '86 Mets might be the single most beloved roster by a fanbase for any franchise of the last 50 or so years. Maybe the We Are Family Pirates can compete for that nod, or some of those Reds teams, but I don't know if any single baseball team has captured the hearts of this many people and held on for it for this long. Not one but two of them are the voices of the team on gameday. I'm a season ticket holder and can confidently say that you still see more 86 jerseys in the stands than you do '16 jerseys. It's crazy and also very cool because honoring that squad and keeping them relevant is one of the few things this franchise has gotten right over the years.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

As a Yankee fan, I did not care about the Mets when they were losing, I did not care about the Mets last year when they were winning, I do not care about the Mets now that they are failing.  All I want is for Mets fans to stop calling my radio shows acting like they're the 2000 Yankees when they haven't won a damned thing yet.  The Jets won two playoff rounds, did it two years in a row in fact, we got no rings, we got no parades, we got no respect, success went away just as quickly as it came.

SAR I

Good call, nothing says "pulse of a fanbase" like the yutzes who call into talk radio shows.

Reality of things is that if you go to a game at Citi Field, you will hear zero conversations about the Yankees. Unless they are playing the Yankees, in which case we have to say something as we see your ilk giving standing ovations to ARod.

Show me one.  Show me a Yankee fan that has anything to be jealous of, we're the most decorated franchise in all of sports.  No Yankee fan ever said "whoa, those Mets man, wish we were like them" it makes me chuckle just to type it.

Look, after years of suffering you had a good season when everything went wrong for the Nationals.  Now that the Nationals aren't injured and broken, shocker, they are at the top of the division again.  Throw in some bad Mets injuries and there aren't any playoffs on the horizon.  It's how it goes.

SAR I

I listen to WFAN most days and it's swamped with bitching Yankee fans. They bitch about everything and anything, they even bitch there's too many Mets fans calling in on a Yankee station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

There is a reason all those old 86 guys show up at games all the time, and why they have so many events celebrating that team to this day. Yes, it's our last ring, but the other two championship teams get close to zero love throughout every season. At most they serve for obscure trivia questions between innings.

It's because the '86 Mets might be the single most beloved roster by a fanbase for any franchise of the last 50 or so years. Maybe the We Are Family Pirates can compete for that nod, or some of those Reds teams, but I don't know if any single baseball team has captured the hearts of this many people and held on for it for this long. Not one but two of them are the voices of the team on gameday. I'm a season ticket holder and can confidently say that you still see more 86 jerseys in the stands than you do '16 jerseys. It's crazy and also very cool because honoring that squad and keeping them relevant is one of the few things this franchise has gotten right over the years.

The fairy tales are strong with this one.

Yeah. Mets fans love the one championship team they were alive for more than anyone else ever loved anything ever.

And you wonder why you guys get ridiculed.

9 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

The fairy tales are strong with this one.

Yeah. Mets fans love the one championship team they were alive for more than anyone else ever loved anything ever.

And you wonder why you guys get ridiculed.

I WAS wondering about that. Thank you! 

2 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Don't thank me yet. There's at least 10 other reasons to identify before we can call that case cracked.

But I will thank you, JetPotato. I honestly don't know where to starch. Before this revelation, my skin had not been peeled back to the to the reality and such matters had been chipping away at me for quite some time. I yam no longer the spud I once was.

Dare any grown man to watch the full 3+ of stepping out adjusting your armor going through the signs endless pitching changes borefest MLB has become. Can't be done. But you can get into a deep sleep.And while I was once a big fan, the Yankees are Exhibit#1. No steroids, no greenies, lots of old and often injured old guys all competing to see who can take up spots as DH and on the DL.

The Hall of Fame game is gonna have a better TV rating than the All Star game. MLB only works for now  because TV has nothing else to show us all summer. 

While the NFL longs for a team in Europe, it is now inevitable the EPL or another Euro league is gonna drop a mess of franchises in US cities. Because the NBA and MLB's regular seasons are utterly pointless and endless.And somewhere between MLS attendance figures and TV ratings for Euro games, this is now not only viable but an untapped goldmine.  

Anyone badmouthing the Who or Rush is a silly goose who knows nothing of good hard rock music.Anything else you have to say about any other subject is highly suspect and not worthy of serious consideration.  You should be forced to listen to bubble gum crap kiddie music for the rest of your senseless existence until your brain leaks out your ear after another Justin Bieber song. And how do you tie your shoes in the morning sir? 

14 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Dare any grown man to watch the full 3+ of stepping out adjusting your armor going through the signs endless pitching changes borefest MLB has become. Can't be done. But you can get into a deep sleep.And while I was once a big fan, the Yankees are Exhibit#1. No steroids, no greenies, lots of old and often injured old guys all competing to see who can take up spots as DH and on the DL.

The Hall of Fame game is gonna have a better TV rating than the All Star game. MLB only works for now  because TV has nothing else to show us all summer. 

While the NFL longs for a team in Europe, it is now inevitable the EPL or another Euro league is gonna drop a mess of franchises in US cities. Because the NBA and MLB's regular seasons are utterly pointless and endless.And somewhere between MLS attendance figures and TV ratings for Euro games, this is now not only viable but an untapped goldmine.  

Anyone badmouthing the Who or Rush is a silly goose who knows nothing of good hard rock music.Anything else you have to say about any other subject is highly suspect and not worthy of serious consideration.  You should be forced to listen to bubble gum crap kiddie music for the rest of your senseless existence until your brain leaks out your ear after another Justin Bieber song. And how do you tie your shoes in the morning sir? 

I want what you're smoking.

21 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

But I will thank you, JetPotato. I honestly don't know where to starch. Before this revelation, my skin had not been peeled back to the to the reality and such matters had been chipping away at me for quite some time. I yam no longer the spud I once was.

Delete your account.

10 hours ago, HessStation said:

I can get that but Murphy's hitting almost 100 pts higher with almost double the RBIs. 

I know, Walker didnt need a long term deal like Murph and theyd like to see Hernandez at 2nd.  

Archived