Mo’s Deal set to Help fit Fitz?

JetNation

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

$24M is the minimum if he stays 3 years. $36 is the maximum if he stays 3 years. $15M is the minimum if he stays 3 minutes.

I believe you. From what I heard, you know a lot about staying 3 minutes.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, slats said:

Where's he playing if he doesn't sign with the Jets? What team is signing Fitzpatrick? What team will start Fitz over their current #2 if they lose their starter to injury (the great Fitz fantasy)? 

If he doesn't sign the deal on the table, he loses short term money, and all time money. 

Just look at the list of backup Qbs in the NFL. Many of them are pretty bad. Look what happened to the Cowboys last season. They lost every game a backup started. There should be job openings with injuries and he's definitely the BAP available at the Qb position. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Just look at the list of backup Qbs in the NFL. Many of them are pretty bad. Look what happened to the Cowboys last season. They lost every game a backup started. There should be job openings with injuries and he's definitely the BAP available at the Qb position. 

I knew we'd agree on something: Fitz is likely the best backup QB out there.

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

$24M is the minimum if he stays 3 years. $36 is the maximum if he stays 3 years. $15M is the minimum if he stays 3 minutes.

There is every bit as much verifiable info on incentives causing him to collect $12M each year he starts than your Jets-are-the-boogeymen fantasy where he starts in 2017 but still only collects $6M.

Where's the link verifying the incentives. I'd really like to see it. 

And btw Mac did cave in with Wilk. Fitz's money is peanuts compared to that. 

I was waiting for that comparison .

Mo is a top 3 DLineman in the prime of his career.

Fitz is a 34-year old journeyman QB who has had one decent (certainly not very good) season. He has no upside whatsoever.

Do you see the difference?

15 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Blackballed? If Fitz was better than Tom Brady, he would be on the Patriots.

The only thing blackballing Ryan Fitzpatrick is his historical game film.

Hey @Sperm Edwards please read this post and if you think it is worthy, kindly give it a hiyooooo.

Thanks in advance.

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Blackballed? If Fitz was better than Tom Brady, he would be on the Patriots.

The only thing blackballing Ryan Fitzpatrick is his historical game film.

Thank you. 

When people start implying that Fitz is the victim of an NFL conspiracy to blackball him you know you hve entered Tim Tebow territory.  

44 minutes ago, slats said:

The Jets made that offer when they thought other teams might also pursue Fitz. No one did. He's lucky they don't reduce or pull the offer given the market. They're under no obligation to negotiate, and would be foolish to to anything more than a little window dressing for Fitz' face-saving purposes. Has nothing to to with being blackballed - although when you've already played for 25% of the league, it starts to whittle down your opportunities, I guess. 

3 years 12 million. That is my new offer to Fitz. I will even guarantee it all because I am kind hearted like that.

When he doesn't sign it I give Chan Gailey a million dollar a year raise and tell him to buy his wife something nice. Because he won't see her much this year. But we appreciate the magic he is about to pull off.

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Where's the link verifying the incentives. I'd really like to see it. 

Funny you don't ask for any verifying links from those claiming he'd make only $6M if he was still the Jets' starter in 2017, even though there are plenty of leaks/links stating he can earn up to $36M with incentives.

It is your blind assumption that the incentives are unattainable. My presumption is that the incentives pay him in line with what's been leaked as the rationale: $12M in 2016 because he's starting, after which he moves into the backup/mentor role for half that amount over the next 2 seasons. 

It's a lot more reasonable and likely than your Maccagnan-is-a-scumbag assumptions.

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

3 years 12 million. That is my new offer to Fitz. I will even guarantee it all because I am kind hearted like that.

When he doesn't sign it I give Chan Gailey a million dollar a year raise and tell him to buy his wife something nice. Because he won't see her much this year. But we appreciate the magic he is about to pull off.

The thing is that, egos notwithstanding, that's the next most rational thing to do. I mean if he really believed in Fitz that hard, he could have bumped this offer up a couple million instead of spending a couple million (and a draft pick next year) on a 4th string DE. The current offer on the table was only made to keep others from outbidding. Any teams who may have had any interest in him have passed, and they have made their 2016-starter arrangements. The market for him is not the same market as when the Jets made that 3/$24m offer. It is much worse for him now, and such a high number is no longer necessary to keep other teams from signing him.

Maccagnan is a gentleman of the highest order to keep this offer out there this long as-is.

Just now, PatsFanTX said:

I was waiting for that comparison .

Mo is a top 3 DLineman in the prime of his career.

Fitz is a 34-year old journeyman QB who has had one decent (certainly not very good) season. He has no upside whatsoever.

Do you see the difference?

It's the same thing but on a different scale. Fitz isn't asking for Pro Bowler money.

12 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Okay, so let me get this straight...

You think that if the Jets refuse to budge from their current offer, the smart play for Fitz would be to turn it down and wait because, "there should be job openings." At 34 years old, that's a solid reason to leave $15M guaranteed on the table.

#bettingonyourself #blackballed #indenturedservant

14 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Funny you don't ask for any verifying links from those claiming he'd make only $6M if he was still the Jets' starter in 2017, even though there are plenty of leaks/links stating he can earn up to $36M with incentives.

It is your blind assumption that the incentives are unattainable. My presumption is that the incentives pay him in line with what's been leaked as the rationale: $12M in 2016 because he's starting, after which he moves into the backup/mentor role for half that amount over the next 2 seasons. 

It's a lot more reasonable and likely than your Maccagnan-is-a-scumbag assumptions.

I never said what the incentives were. I always said they are unknown. You're the guy making all the assumptions. And even saying if he signs the deal and doesn't like year 2 he could hold out. You don't sign a contract if you don't have confidence in what you are signing and what's on paper. And him and his agent have seen the incentives. Players don't sign incentive based contracts. They are just additions and sweeteners. 

7 minutes ago, slats said:

Okay, so let me get this straight...

You think that if the Jets refuse to budge from their current offer, the smart play for Fitz would be to turn it down and wait because, "there should be job openings." At 34 years old, that's a solid reason to leave $15M guaranteed on the table.

#bettingonyourself #blackballed #indenturedservant

No, I'm  not saying that. I'm saying he can make his own decision. I don't know what's best for him. If he signs it's ok with me. But I'm not calling him stupid or selfish for not signing it. And him and his agent know the market a lot better than we do. And I'm not saying if he decides not to sign with the Jets he won't play football. 

12 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It's the same thing but on a different scale. Fitz isn't asking for Pro Bowler money.

For months you keep beating this dead horse. 

Jets think the offer is what he's worth.

31 teams disagree with the Jets.  None think he's worth that number or anything close to that number.

Charlie Casserly, Bill Polian etc don't think Fitz is worth it.

You think the offer is an insult that might even cause bad blood.  

Guess who's not only wrong but doesn't get a say? 

On 7/16/2016 at 0:24 PM, slats said:

Mac needs to hold firm. His current offer is way more than enough.

I agree, but what will Jets fans be saying if Geno is the starter and the Jets open 0-3? The media can trumpet Geno's new found "maturity" but I just don't think he is an NFL starting QB. I also don't think I will blame Maccagnan the way Brian Costello says Jets fans will in today's column though, I blame Fitzpatrick all the way. No one else has offered a plugged nickel for him and he expects the Jets to bid against themselves? I hope Fitz comes to his senses and realizes he needs the Jets as much as the Jets need him. He has nowhere else to go.

6 hours ago, Jet9 said:

How did Petty have a disappointing off season? They're not allowed to do anything during the off season. What does this mean?

I like Petty, but from all the reports from OTA's and mini camp it didn't appear he's taken the next step to secure the back up QB spot.  First couple of days he was very inaccurate, threw several picks, which is odd for him.  Reporters said he didn't look at all comfortable under center, and got badly rattled by blitz's.  He seemed to settle down a bit first day of mini camp, then had a bad last day of practice.

Like I said I like Petty, and thought he made some very good strides last year between the bad Senior Bowl he had, and a very good 2nd pre-season game against Atlanta.

I was really hoping to see him having made the next step coming into the off-season work outs.  he doesn't seem to have done it.  Does that mean he's going to bust out?  Of course not.  But he is on the hot seat a bit this camp.  IMO after they sign Fitz, they are hoping Petty will be capable of being Fitz's back up. He doesn't have to be great, but he does have to at least give smith competition.  If he looks clueless, he could be odd man out.

I'm pulling for the kid, but he needs to show improvement this camp, and right away.  Reps are going to be very hard to come by with 4 QB's in camp.    

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

And btw Mac did cave in with Wilk. Fitz's money is peanuts compared to that. 

Where do you get that MAc caved? All we know is that Wilk wanted 6 years and Mac was only willing to give 5. We have no information on what the dollar amounts were in the original offer. He only got 5 years so it looks like Wilk caved. 

25 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I like Petty, but from all the reports from OTA's and mini camp it didn't appear he's taken the next step to secure the back up QB spot.  First couple of days he was very inaccurate, threw several picks, which is odd for him.  Reporters said he didn't look at all comfortable under center, and got badly rattled by blitz's.  He seemed to settle down a bit first day of mini camp, then had a bad last day of practice.

Like I said I like Petty, and thought he made some very good strides last year between the bad Senior Bowl he had, and a very good 2nd pre-season game against Atlanta.

I was really hoping to see him having made the next step coming into the off-season work outs.  he doesn't seem to have done it.  Does that mean he's going to bust out?  Of course not.  But he is on the hot seat a bit this camp.  IMO after they sign Fitz, they are hoping Petty will be capable of being Fitz's back up. He doesn't have to be great, but he does have to at least give smith competition.  If he looks clueless, he could be odd man out.

I'm pulling for the kid, but he needs to show improvement this camp, and right away.  Reps are going to be very hard to come by with 4 QB's in camp.    

I think the most intriguing Qb in camp and exhibition games is going to be Hack. I mean can he be the Jets starter next year or even play some this year.  We should expect to see good things from him and a high level of talent this summer. If not who knows next year maybe he'll draft another Qb. As for Petty you'd expect he should be ready to play if called upon this year. It could be between him and Hack to be the backup this year if they don't sign Fitz. Or the Jets could sign a vet like Jimmy Clausen to back up Geno. Geno will be the starter if no Fitz. It would then be his job to lose. He's BAP at Qb after Fitz and next man up. 

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

mo's deal was done with no leaks

we have no idea whats going on

I hate July

This is a good point. Except for those leaks in June everything has been quiet and civilized. No acrimony. Until then I even thought they had the basics of a deal in place and were just waiting to finalize it. But why logically would they wait so long unless there is in reality no common ground. 

3 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

The Jets would just as easily open at 0-3 with Fitz as the QB.

He's not known to beat .500+ teams.

You would never know. And fans like me will think we didn't put our best product on the field. And I'm not talking about who starts at left guard. We're talking starting Qb. 

You would never know. And fans like me will think we didn't put our best product on the field. And I'm not talking about who starts at left guard. We're talking starting Qb. 

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Even though 95% of your Jets fan colleagues disagree.

18 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Even though 95% of your Jets fan colleagues disagree.

You mean the same guys calling you names every day. Like youre a bleep bleep bleep yxbct&#|~~. ?!?You mean those guys! 

Archived