Criminal Minds Mafia Game Thread

1 minute ago, D P R said:

You can nod your head over my lap. You're just nervous because the first time in the last two years I was actually scum, I had yo ass tied in knots.

Back to reality - Ape starts the game with his amazing SK wifom (that I'm pretty sure most people took as a joke until he got mad because he was actually trying) and he came back with a plan to push me because I'm a good target after last game. 

You didnt have me tied in knots.  I was 100% on you but that birdbrain dumbass who thought he was a mafia god and got schooled like the fool he was only to never even return, unvoted you. He let you off the hook.  

That said, you did get me to lose it a little bit with your trolling but tied in knots? No.  I had you dead of rights. 

But that's the thing, you're doing a bit of the same as Ape has pointed out.  Lots of poop'ing other people (you even did it above) but not really offering an independent thought.

3 minutes ago, D P R said:

You can nod your head over my lap. You're just nervous because the first time in the last two years I was actually scum, I had yo ass tied in knots.

Back to reality - Ape starts the game with his amazing SK wifom (that I'm pretty sure most people took as a joke until he got mad because he was actually trying) and he came back with a plan to push me because I'm a good target after last game. 

Interesting attempts at narrative here.

However, two things... only 2 people really reacted, and neither took it as a joke. I got mad because the moderator intervened in a play. So, you are misrepresenting events to suit your narrative. 

I didn't follow last game after I died on N1, which I've said here already, and in last games wrap-up. So, you are also misrepresenting why I would "come up with a plan to push you". Simply put, I knew you were scum on D1 last game, and feel the same now.

Narratives like this are a scum tell, @Jetscode1 taught me that years ago. Interested in what he thinks.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Personally, I think you guys are snoozing on DPR. He's doing EXACTLY what he did last game with his posturing. He's grooming certain situations with subtlety, while also putting out the occasional "observation without being an observation" post. 

Oh I'm not snoozing. I'm sorta interested to see what more he expected Nolder to say irt AJ as far as explaining himself.... since he said he wants to hear more. Yet I don't think I saw him asking him anything? And several of us have asked Nolder to explain himself, and he has replied. So if DPR feels there's more to hear from him, why not dig in? That's one thing in particular I noticed.

1 minute ago, Nynaeve said:

Oh I'm not snoozing. I'm sorta interested to see what more he expected Nolder to say irt AJ as far as explaining himself.... since he said he wants to hear more. Yet I don't think I saw him asking him anything? And several of us have asked Nolder to explain himself, and he has replied. So if DPR feels there's more to hear from him, why not dig in? That's one thing in particular I noticed.

DPR is standing in the middle of a busy intersection, pointing all 4 directions at once, and the only thing he's really doing is making sure he doesn't get run over.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

You didnt have me tied in knots.  I was 100% on you but that birdbrain dumbass who thought he was a mafia god and got schooled like the fool he was only to never even return, unvoted you. He let you off the hook.  

That said, you did get me to lose it a little bit with your trolling but tied in knots? No.  I had you dead of rights. 

But that's the thing, you're doing a bit of the same as Ape has pointed out.  Lots of poop'ing other people (you even did it above) but not really offering an independent thought.

Tied. In. Knots. 

You neg-repped all of my posts because you were so angry and weren't getting anywhere. You can't deny my skillz. 

Regardless, I am not doing the same thing at all - I was intentionally taking scenarios and creating next-steps form those. This game, I'm making observations to point to later and not going on and on about it because I don't want to color it. Re-read what I've posted and show me where I'm doing anything to try and "push a narrative". 

I'll also point out that it is Ape who is pooping on other people, including you for the SK nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

However, two things... only 2 people really reacted, and neither took it as a joke. I got mad because the moderator intervened in a play. So, you are misrepresenting events to suit your narrative. 

I didn't follow last game after I died on N1, which I've said here already, and in last games wrap-up. So, you are also misrepresenting why I would "come up with a plan to push you". Simply put, I knew you were scum on D1 last game, and feel the same now.

Narratives like this are a scum tell, @Jetscode1 taught me that years ago. Interested in what he thinks.

You're confusing reporting events with creating narrative.

You're SK play was confusing at best, and not in a clever way. Take a poll and find out who thought it was sarcasm - I did. I had no idea you were trying to pull off an actual play, hence my joke post as to how to solve the problem.

You did follow the last game, so that's a lie. I'll have to go back and find the post, but before JC killed me I remember you making fun of the town for not seeing what I was doing and I wondered if Nun had sent you the scum QT.

So far, you're the only one building a narrative, but we'll see what the rest of the game thinks of it.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Not sure how I feel about this, but part of me has considered that Nolder just found himself down the rabbit hole in a discussion that wasn't going to make him look good... which happened to him last game... not sure if it's because he's bad, or just fumbling. I may be projecting here, because I know this happens to me when I don't have my wits about me.

I agree that he can get lost in arguments.The difference for me is that last game he had a lot of things going for him apart from his exchanges with DPR. Largely taking the reins along with JC and getting the game rolling, really high involvement. I know it's still early game, but I don't really see him doing it here so far. He started off with some joke votes and then FoSed AJ for a dumb reason and basically hasn't commented on anyone else in the game so far. And he's putting a lot of effort into characterizing the FoS against him as blown out of proportion and reducing his reasoning to vote AJ to "light and jokey". It's really rubbing me the wrong way.

I might have been somewhat appeased if he took it upon himself to scumhunt and prove me wrong, but he hasn't.

6 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I'm intentionally not digging in on Nolder. I think it's a bit odd he hasn't posted more, but I don't know his schedule. I've already been very clear that my first vote on him was a joke, but that he's been edgy for no reason since.

Other than that, I figure he'll speak for himself without my "building a narrative" around him. 

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

DPR is standing in the middle of a busy intersection, pointing all 4 directions at once, and the only thing he's really doing is making sure he doesn't get run over.

I Googled "building a narrative" and it linked me to the above post.

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I chuckled at first...not sure I taught you anything worthy of a shout out...but to your point...and maybe DPR's as well...he does appear willing to control the narrative...to what purpose I'm not yet sure...does he want Pac to swing?  Is there enough evidence to lynch?  I don't see that but maybe DPR does.  The soft push or retreat (depends on perspective) of Nolder comes across as reasonable as I know i wanted to give Nolder time before putting another vote on him.  The way he characterized AJ is most concerning to me.  He came across as someone who can provide meta on AJ...saying he looks like a straight shooter or something like that...strange in a way...not sure if he's looking to buddy up or prop up a scum mate....with all that...agree with DPR that often players who were scum in the previously completed game come across as scummy sounding the very next game...especially after his spinning the narrative in that game.

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is where I'm at currently:

TOWN

Ape

Andrej

Smash

Nyn

Crusher

JC

Leelou

Lily

DPR

JiF

Nolder

Pac

SCUM

Smash/Crusher sammich?   Sounds yummy.

Lily and Lee need to talk more. I feel like I haven't seen them much. Though I know Lee is starting a new job today and so on. But still want her to get more involved <3

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, D P R said:

Other than that, I figure he'll speak for himself without my "building a narrative" around him. 

Gross.

Narrative building is taking nuggets of things that happen, and back-filling the story of intent, to create the impression of guilty or not.

What I did was create a metaphor. Not the same thing, by any means whatsoever.

Which, you should know, since you are a professional writer.

1 minute ago, D P R said:

Tied. In. Knots. 

You neg-repped all of my posts because you were so angry and weren't getting anywhere. You can't deny my skillz. 

Regardless, I am not doing the same thing at all - I was intentionally taking scenarios and creating next-steps form those. This game, I'm making observations to point to later and not going on and on about it because I don't want to color it. Re-read what I've posted and show me where I'm doing anything to try and "push a narrative". 

I'll also point out that it is Ape who is pooping on other people, including you for the SK nonsense. 

You're SK play was confusing at best, and not in a clever way. Take a poll and find out who thought it was sarcasm - I did. I had no idea you were trying to pull off an actual play, hence my joke post as to how to solve the problem.

You did follow the last game, so that's a lie. I'll have to go back and find the post, but before JC killed me I remember you making fun of the town for not seeing what I was doing and I wondered if Nun had sent you the scum QT.

So far, you're the only one building a narrative, but we'll see what the rest of the game thinks of it.

You evoked some emo.  Tied in knots?  No.  You were nailed dead of rights and let off the hook by a moron that thought he was a mafia savant. 

The "push a narrative" is Ape talk.  I see you doing a lot of poopoo'ing on everyone else but not creating independent thought.  Exactly what you were doing last game and exactly why I called you 100% scum...so knot free!!!!

Just now, Nynaeve said:

Smash/Crusher sammich?   Sounds yummy.

Lily and Lee need to talk more. I feel like I haven't seen them much. Though I know Lee is starting a new job today and so on. But still want her to get more involved <3

abcabc

Me too.  I'm always leery of Leelou, because of all the players in this game who tend to be scum when I firmly think they're town, Leelou probably tops that list.  Thus I tend to put her in the null pile, because I read her so poorly.

That being said, she voted JC for what seemed to me to be a good reason at the time she did so.  So that's a "town point" in her favor.

2 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I chuckled at first...not sure I taught you anything worthy of a shout out...but to your point...and maybe DPR's as well...he does appear willing to control the narrative...to what purpose I'm not yet sure...does he want Pac to swing?  Is there enough evidence to lynch?  I don't see that but maybe DPR does.  The soft push or retreat (depends on perspective) of Nolder comes across as reasonable as I know i wanted to give Nolder time before putting another vote on him.  The way he characterized AJ is most concerning to me.  He came across as someone who can provide meta on AJ...saying he looks like a straight shooter or something like that...strange in a way...not sure if he's looking to buddy up or prop up a scum mate....with all that...agree with DPR that often players who were scum in the previously completed game come across as scummy sounding the very next game...especially after his spinning the narrative in that game.

I'll remind you.

It was that stretch of games where we owned each other back and forth. You told me that narrative building was a scum tell. I've since stopped doing it as scum, but I didn't it all the time. DPR is doing it now, imo.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Elaborate? 

You're doing that thing you do where, just because you don't understand my thought patterns, you assume I'm scum.  I'm not the most logical player (understatement), I get that.  I base my reads more on feelings (particularly by making "town calls") than gameplay, especially on D1.  Later, when dead bodies and vote counts are available, I incorporate those into my gut reads.  But I'm not scum this game.  Just illogical in your eyes.  So that's making "something out of nothing". 

19 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Is this a threat?

10 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I'm catching up, sweetie. I'm a slow reader, but a fast learner ;) 

6 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

The-Office.gif

Find a room or a new thread.  

Cluttering at this point...

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, D P R said:

Tied. In. Knots. 

I'll address this is pieces... pieces of poop

1. JIF and you last game = irrelevant, stop bringing it up, it is an intentional diversion

2. You aren't making observations this game, you are telling people what just happened and inferring why and what their conclusion should be (that is narrative building)

3. I am not pooping on anyone. I actually said JIF's reaction to me was the only thing he's done that made me think about him, and it was nothing. So, if anything, I was defending JIF there. Which I've made clear. So, once again you are misrepresenting what I did or didn't do. Narrative building.

4. No, nobody is confusing anything. I'm better at this game than you. I know what I see, and know you are scum now.

5. Taking a poll is irrelevant, and another distraction. Garbage.

6. Nope, didn't follow the game. I didn't contribute much of anything to the dead thread. The quote you are referring to about me having my way with you guys was me logging in, dropping a bit of trash talk, and strutting right back out the room. Had no idea what was going on in the game, and was very tactful in saying something gloat-ish without saying something that could effect the game BECAUSE I didn't know what was going on. So, not a lie, all the dead thread players and mod can vouch for that. You are misrepresenting, once again.

7. Horrible "you are building narrative, no you are" defense. Amateurish play at best. My case is that you are waffling in your position, based on statements you've made. Nothing in that infers anything, it is purely observatory. You, on the other hand, have consistently misrepresented things that have happened, things that have been said, and inferred plenty of intentions from me, and several others.

You are scum. And not very good at it either.

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

What's the reason? 

I've spoken about it a lot :P   Read my posts, skippy.

Nolder is putting this huge emphasis on AJ's lack of voting and says it's a way to be cautious and stand back and not get involved. And yet he is conveniently ignoring the fact that AJ was putting his thoughts out there and commenting on game related happenings. In fact, imo he was being significantly more involved than Nolder, who was just throwing around joke votes and commenting about posts revolving army dogs and my job interview. Upon being asked about it by several players, he seems to want to push his initial FoS back to "jokey" territory and make it seem like everyone is just making a mountain out of a molehill. Even to this point, all he's done is talk about AJ and defend against his FoS on him. I don't see him trying to solve at all so far. 

I saw you said earlier something about being cool with Nolder. What exactly has he done so far that you feel good about?

With that, I will not get into the mud with DPR here, as he will undoubtedly try to create peripheral arguments that will tease me into disrupting my own clarity in voting him. I've stated my case, I suggest others give it a fresh read, and then vote accordingly with logic and/or instinct.

I'm good here.

5 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

I'm at a complete loss as to what narrative I'm creating - I've intentionally not created any scenarios given last game. What I have done is note plays that I know I'll want to come back to look at later and offer that perspective to the town. 

And I'v never played with AJ before - he did just genuinely strike me as someone looking at Nolder with a WTF expression on his face. 

I haven't made any plays or painted any narratives. If you disagree, point 'em out. I have a meeting in a few, but I'll be back to discuss in a bit. 

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Gross.

Narrative building is taking nuggets of things that happen, and back-filling the story of intent, to create the impression of guilty or not.

What I did was create a metaphor. Not the same thing, by any means whatsoever.

Which, you should know, since you are a professional writer.

I don't know if you are reaction testing or really trying to push a case. So far, you've pulled the SK number and built a narrative around me. If you have an example of me pushing a narrative, by all means, point it out.

Trying to parse metaphors vs. narratives is just dumb.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

You evoked some emo.  Tied in knots?  No.  You were nailed dead of rights and let off the hook by a moron that thought he was a mafia savant. 

The "push a narrative" is Ape talk.  I see you doing a lot of poopoo'ing on everyone else but not creating independent thought.  Exactly what you were doing last game and exactly why I called you 100% scum...so knot free!!!!

I haven't even poo-poo'd - I've just noted what people have done and said, being clear about it. Nolder is acting like a freak. Pac is stating the obvious and calling it insight. I'm noting any other pings I see, but not spinning them at all. If you see different, point it out. 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'll remind you.

It was that stretch of games where we owned each other back and forth. You told me that narrative building was a scum tell. I've since stopped doing it as scum, but I didn't it all the time. DPR is doing it now, imo.

Trying to "buddy-up" to JC because he killed me last game and building a narrative with no examples, plain and simple. 

3 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I've spoken about it a lot :P   Read my posts, skippy.

Nolder is putting this huge emphasis on AJ's lack of voting and says it's a way to be cautious and stand back and not get involved. And yet he is conveniently ignoring the fact that AJ was putting his thoughts out there and commenting on game related happenings. In fact, imo he was being significantly more involved than Nolder, who was just throwing around joke votes and commenting about posts revolving army dogs and my job interview. Upon being asked about it by several players, he seems to want to push his initial FoS back to "jokey" territory and make it seem like everyone is just making a mountain out of a molehill. Even to this point, all he's done is talk about AJ and defend against his FoS on him. I don't see him trying to solve at all so far. 

I saw you said earlier something about being cool with Nolder. What exactly has he done so far that you feel good about?

What If I told you think your reasoning is weak?

I dont see anything your seeing when it comes to Nolderp.  I have no problem with him wanting AJ to take a stance and vote.  I had no problem with his defense.  I think that people are focusing on nothing.  Seems like a good place tobe  part of the crowd but nobody has anything concrete.  That's my take.  Could be wrong. 

I mean, you said yourself that AJ is an aggressive player, I could see why Nolderp thinking him sitting back waiting for a train to join is a concern...if that's his meta.  I really dont remember.  With that said, I find it interesting he let the Nolderp train build before voting on it.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, D P R said:

:P 

Also, please produce the post. I'd love to see it. 

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're doing that thing you do where, just because you don't understand my thought patterns, you assume I'm scum.  I'm not the most logical player (understatement), I get that.  I base my reads more on feelings (particularly by making "town calls") than gameplay, especially on D1.  Later, when dead bodies and vote counts are available, I incorporate those into my gut reads.  But I'm not scum this game.  Just illogical in your eyes.  So that's making "something out of nothing". 

Fair...but you turned admitted gut reads, to real reads, based off others interactions and I find that to be a poor strategy.  It's like your finding reasons to justify your gut yet on the other hand, you're talking about who your strategy is process of elimination.  That's not the look of process of elimination.  That's the look of finding something to fill your agenda or "gut".