Criminal Minds Mafia Game Thread

6 minutes ago, D P R said:

The C9++ discussion felt like a weird distraction. I'm not passionate on my vote for Pac right now - Nolder is acting worse IMO, but I don't want to put him at L1 before he explains his play a bit more. 

Agreed.  I like the competing trains right now.  I understand why Leelou voted JC, but Nolder's insistence of sticking with Andrej and not budging is hard to interpret.  He's been stubborn town before when it comes to his votes.  We're talking about a guy who once said he'd "bet his life" on JC being scum, and was right.  When the dude is town and is highly confident someone is scum, he doesn't budge. 

But at the same time, he also has been inconsistent on that read.  He claims Andrej was a joke vote, but it only became super serious later when we questioned him on it.  I get that sometimes players make votes where they feel something isn't quite right about a player, but mask it as not being serious at the time, but that really wasn't the way Nolder explained it.

Also I failed to see anything inherently wrong with the way Andrej is playing thus far.  That's not helping Nolder's cause right now.  I think this is only the 2nd time I've played with Andrej, so I'm not going on meta, just pure and simple gameplay.  But for now he's pretty firmly in my town pile.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Agreed.  I like the competing trains right now.  I understand why Leelou voted JC, but Nolder's insistence of sticking with Andrej and not budging is hard to interpret.  He's been stubborn town before when it comes to his votes.  We're talking about a guy who once said he'd "bet his life" on JC being scum, and was right.  When the dude is town and is highly confident someone is scum, he doesn't budge. 

But at the same time, he also has been inconsistent on that read.  He claims Andrej was a joke vote, but it only became super serious later when we questioned him on it. 

It's too early to try and get inside the mind of Nolder, but you're right about the different sides - Captain Nolder who goes down with the ship is different than when he throws fits that don't make any sense. I'll have to re-read Andrej, but my impression so far is that he's just been calling 'em like he sees 'em.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pac started out as a joke train (and for me it was a "process of elimination" vote) but it got to a point where it could prove informative.  JiF is on Pac's train as well.

I don't see anything from Pac so far from his General douchbahgery .  I admit never reading him well early game. JIF made couple hyper remarks early in the game one in reaction to the Ape play.  But both just seemed more trying to get the game going early game bravado thing he does.  Town JIF is easier to read than scum JIF.  He eventually hunts and hunts well as town.  Better than he defends as scum.  JC is starting this game a little off from last game.  May just be mid late game form verses day 1.  I like what I have seen from you, Smash and DPR.  Still would kill the filthy pirate for last game but his train rose pretty good and he handled it well.  He didn't go all mad professor and start attacking people with words but not making any points.  Others are still pretty quiet or I just haven't noticed them.  I'm neutral on the demure Ape.  

10 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

So now it's my fault you suck at Mafia? 

That's rich.

To be fair you are hysterical and it's very funny.  Along with your flirting with Nyn, but I do see too much of it getting a little tiresome for Pac.   He sucks as it is and acdistraction just makes it worse.  You need to drop anchor and just sign up and play the next game.  Then you may harass him at will for the entire game.  You may even get to see boobies. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, The Crusher said:

To be fair you are hysterical and it's very funny.  Along with your flirting with Nyn, but I do see too much of it getting a little tiresome for Pac.   He sucks as it is and acdistraction just makes it worse.  You need to drop anchor and just sign up and play the next game.  Then you may harass him at will for the entire game.  You may even get to see boobies. 

That's not as much fun. 

It's way better to abuse him this way. 

Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

That's not as much fun. 

It's way better to abuse him this way. 

Actually it's even more fun my cast iron friend. You can harass him and then kill him while enjoying leisure time with friends and ladies.  We even have our own pirate and an Ape. 

10 hours ago, Pac said:

Just re-read to find a reason to vote 80 and unfortunately there isn't one.  So far the stupid Ape has predictably tried to make the game revolve around him which blew up in his face, and a lot of nonsense being spewed.

Klecko should be jettisoned from the thread as his ramblings are distracting from my ability to make my incredible reads.

I really do like my gut read on JiF.  His early game has been indicative of someone trying to be loud without saying sh-t.

Is it a gut read or is it based on my play?  

And I'm not sure how I'm being "loud"...interesting take on your "re-read".  lol

10 hours ago, D P R said:

1. Typical Pac statement regarding the Ape.

2. Typical Pac statement regarding Klecko.

3. Typical Pac statement regarding JiF.

4. Typical Pac scum tell when he accuses another player of doing what he's doing himself: "someone trying to be loud without saying sh-t."

This is JC's post quoting the above post from Pac. I'm tucking it in my ping file. 

Good post...agreed.

55 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I actually am inclined to agree with Pac's read on JiF, who is currently my # 3 for scum.  And I'll tack on that JiF seemed to be doing a weird little "buddying" thing to me around the C9++ discussion.  If Pac is town, I could get behind a JiF lynch. 

Pac/Nolder/JiF.  Feel like there's gotta be one scum in that group, maybe 2.

What read?  His gut read or that I'm "loud"?  And how am I buddying to you?  I was arguing with you the ability of the SK.

Weird post.  And dont think I didnt notice the if, then statement on D1.  

FWIW - after my catch up...I have no problem with Nolderp.  I like his explanation too.  I think people are focusing on some b.s. with him.  I typically dont defend and I wouldnt say I'm defending...he could be scum but I really have no problem with his approach so far.  

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Flailing Nolder or worthless Pac.  Only 2 people who will be getting my vote today.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I actually am inclined to agree with Pac's read on JiF, who is currently my # 3 for scum.  And I'll tack on that JiF seemed to be doing a weird little "buddying" thing to me around the C9++ discussion.  If Pac is town, I could get behind a JiF lynch. 

So if you're not willing to vote anyone other than Pac or Nolderp...can we officially refer to this as nudging my train?  I think so.

Official ping here. 

2 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

You're putting emphasis on how it was a "light and jokey" FoS and how everyone is making a "big deal" about it and even going as far as calling it outrage. You're exaggerating. First of all you've followed up explaining the reasoning behind the vote and your position irt AJ's play thus far. You're not at a place where you can now claim it was jokey. If it was jokey, that should have been the reasoning you should have provided when asked. Secondly, you're pinging because of your reasoning for voting AJ. It's VERY poor. That is what has been pointed out. It's not about the level of effort you've put into pushing your point across. It's just a lame point to make to begin with.

Can you show me someone currently voting with good reason?  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

JIF's questions about how my role work were the biggest indictment I can come up with for him.

I'd expect a town scum hunter, such as he considers himself, to react to my SK reveal play more like in a way where he uses it to gauge reactions from other folks. Instead, I felt like he was fishing for details that would only help the scum team know how to leverage/work around an SK.

Either way, I fell behind a little and need to see what all everyone else is talking about with Nolderp, too.

Personally, I think you guys are snoozing on DPR. He's doing EXACTLY what he did last game with his posturing. He's grooming certain situations with subtlety, while also putting out the occasional "observation without being an observation" post. 

Y'all are letting an easy D1 scum lynch off the hook if you ask me.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

JIF's questions about how my role work were the biggest indictment I can come up with for him.

I'd expect a town scum hunter, such as he considers himself, to react to my SK reveal play more like in a way where he uses it to gauge reactions from other folks. Instead, I felt like he was fishing for details that would only help the scum team know how to leverage/work around an SK.

Either way, I fell behind a little and need to see what all everyone else is talking about with Nolderp, too.

Personally, I think you guys are snoozing on DPR. He's doing EXACTLY what he did last game with his posturing. He's grooming certain situations with subtlety, while also putting out the occasional "observation without being an observation" post. 

Y'all are letting an easy D1 scum lynch off the hook if you ask me.

Wait, so you offered a partner play to the town as a SK and me asking for clarification around the role is an indictment?  

15 hours ago, D P R said:

My first vote on Nolder was obviously a joke, but dude is freaky high-strung and I could go back there. I'll wait because I know that Pokemon Go has had a lot of outages and my son is also irritable because of this. Plus, when Pac throws around shark anatomy terms, it can't be good. 

This is a DPR scum ping. It's suggestive of things, but really it's an insulating statement that relieves DPR of some accountability later in the game, if he gets heat for voting Nolder. Basically, it's a hedging statement. Nolder vote was a joke vote, but he's high strung - so willing to go back - so waffle waffle waffle... playing the middle is scummy to me.

11 hours ago, Pac said:

Just re-read to find a reason to vote 80 and unfortunately there isn't one.  So far the stupid Ape has predictably tried to make the game revolve around him which blew up in his face, and a lot of nonsense being spewed.

Klecko should be jettisoned from the thread as his ramblings are distracting from my ability to make my incredible reads.

I really do like my gut read on JiF.  His early game has been indicative of someone trying to be loud without saying sh-t.

To me, this is a Pac town post. Not sure what all other people are indicting him on, but to me, this post alone is textbook Pac as town. 

10 hours ago, D P R said:

1. Typical Pac statement regarding the Ape.

2. Typical Pac statement regarding Klecko.

3. Typical Pac statement regarding JiF.

4. Typical Pac scum tell when he accuses another player of doing what he's doing himself: "someone trying to be loud without saying sh-t."

This is JC's post quoting the above post from Pac. I'm tucking it in my ping file. 

This is DPR scum ping. Pac doesn't do a good job of hitting on his "typical" town commentary when he's scum, so how does DPR list 3 "typical" things, then with 4 arrive at it being a scum tell? This reminds me of when people use my town meta, to make the case I am scum. It drives me batsh*t when I'm town, trying to point out how bullsh*t it is.

Notice here too, what is the underlying point of this post from DPR about Pac? Simply to throw water on what Pac said is all I can gather. I don't see any point to this post otherwise... he's noting a scum tell on Pac, and a ping on JC... and not voting either in this post? (To be fair, I don't know where his vote is/was at this moment, but typically you'd expect a vote to accompany any bloviating about tells/pings.)

4 hours ago, Nolder said:

Ok, fair point on that first part but I would like to point out he's played with some of us plenty so that's not really an excuse.

I would also like to point people back to my actual vote on AJ, before I got dragged into this discussion.

It was light and on the jokey side still. I said "get in the game scrub". I had a reason and I've tried to explain my concern as best I can to those who wanted more. It was others who are going on and on and on and on and on about it, not me. I just have the same bad habit that Ape does in that I indulge these people and respond to every little thing which you wont see many other people do in mafia. If the people voting me are going to lynch me around what I said then so be it because I do stand by my position but I want to make it clear for the townies in this game that I didn't come guns blazing at AJ and that the outrage here is mostly manufactured or based on what was said after the fact.

Not sure how I feel about this, but part of me has considered that Nolder just found himself down the rabbit hole in a discussion that wasn't going to make him look good... which happened to him last game... not sure if it's because he's bad, or just fumbling. I may be projecting here, because I know this happens to me when I don't have my wits about me.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Wait, so you offered a partner play to the town as a SK and me asking for clarification around the role is an indictment?  

I said it's the biggest indictment I can come up with, which I thought suggests it's not that big = or rather inconclusive. I should have clarified that for the stupid. 

28 minutes ago, JiF said:

So if you're not willing to vote anyone other than Pac or Nolderp...can we officially refer to this as nudging my train?  I think so.

Yes, I'm nudging your train, because you are my # 3.  Yes, I'm only willing to vote Pac or Nolder today, but if we're doing more than 2 competing trains, I like yours as the 3rd option the best. 

3 hours ago, Nynaeve said:

You're putting emphasis on how it was a "light and jokey" FoS and how everyone is making a "big deal" about it and even going as far as calling it outrage. You're exaggerating. First of all you've followed up explaining the reasoning behind the vote and your position irt AJ's play thus far. You're not at a place where you can now claim it was jokey. If it was jokey, that should have been the reasoning you should have provided when asked. Secondly, you're pinging because of your reasoning for voting AJ. It's VERY poor. That is what has been pointed out. It's not about the level of effort you've put into pushing your point across. It's just a lame point to make to begin with.

Town post, imo. ^^^

1 hour ago, D P R said:

The C9++ discussion felt like a weird distraction. I'm not passionate on my vote for Pac right now - Nolder is acting worse IMO, but I don't want to put him at L1 before he explains his play a bit more. 

Wait, a page earlier he just detailed a 4-part summary of why Pac's comment was a scum tell... now he's not passionate, with nothing having happened in between. Not even sure Pac posted between the observation of a scum tell, and this backpedal.

Interesting now he's pumping the gas on Nolder, when again, all that's happened is that a few people have weighed in. Most specifically Nyn bolstered her stance on Nolder being scum (theatrical), and Smash expressed that he didn't see the case on Pac, but did agree JIF and Nolder were pinging.

Me thinks the pirate is taking the temperature of the town, and allowing his sails to blow in whatever direction they do. 

58 minutes ago, D P R said:

It's too early to try and get inside the mind of Nolder, but you're right about the different sides - Captain Nolder who goes down with the ship is different than when he throws fits that don't make any sense. I'll have to re-read Andrej, but my impression so far is that he's just been calling 'em like he sees 'em.

Oh, wait, now it's too early to get into Nolder's mind?

Again, flim-flam.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The minute Pac posted his read list, DPR jumped on his first post and voted him.  It no longer can be considered a "joke train".  And since I have you as my # 3, it intrigues me that Pac thinks YOU are scum. 

So someone else made your joke read/vote, real?

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

So someone else made your joke read/vote, real?

In a way....yes.  I didn't see anything jump out as scummy other than Nolder's play so far today, so when DPR jumped down Pac's throat, after Process of Elimination put Pac into my scum pile by default....that was interesting.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

In a way....yes.  I didn't see anything jump out as scummy other than Nolder's play so far today, so when DPR jumped down Pac's throat, after Process of Elimination put Pac into my scum pile by default....that was interesting.

Why didnt it put DPR into your scum category? 

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

I find myself nodding my head right now reading the Ape's case on DPR.  

You can nod your head over my lap. You're just nervous because the first time in the last two years I was actually scum, I had yo ass tied in knots.

Back to reality - Ape starts the game with his amazing SK wifom (that I'm pretty sure most people took as a joke until he got mad because he was actually trying) and he came back with a plan to push me because I'm a good target after last game.