Is it wrong to be so optimistic?

Jetster

3 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Sound pretty childish to me. Did he refuse to give you an autograph. or are you jealous of the beard? 

No his wobbly inaccurate passes make me sick.  If you want to tell me Brandon Marshall entertains you, and even maybe Decker when they bail out Fitz when he throws his wounded ducks great, enjoy.  But me I'd really like to have a QB who isn't limited, and has been a loser his whole career, and by loser I mean in 11 or so seasons never made the playoffs.  I remember watching the Jets play the Bills when Fitz was QB, and just laughing hysterically out loud at how bad he was, he just didn't have a WR to help make him look decent like Marshall, and Decker have.

This defense has a chance to be truly dominant.  I mean Sack Exchange good.  We FINALLY have speed, athleticism and youth at linebacker; our secondary is shaping up to be the best in a decade with up and coming players like Pryor, Milliner, Burris along side mainstays like Skrine, Revis and Gilchrist.  Leonard Williams is in his second year, Richardson wants to get paid, and MO wants to prove he is worth the money. We have solid backups at every position.   

We also are positioned to have the best special teams since the Westhoff era.   Just imagine the field position our offense will be starting from more often than not.  (And opposing offenses starting point because of Edwards)

Now add, Forte, Powell, K. Robinson, J. Marshall, Amaro to Decker, B, Marsh and Enwuna (perhaps Peake over Tompkins) and Fitz (or Geno if Fitz goes down) will have the best weapons of their careers.  The biggest question mark is the Oline and think it might be better than we give it credit for.  Quietly Dozier has been improving and looks like he could step in and challenge.  The addition of Clady actually makes the LT a strength not a weakness.  We all know the weakest link is RT; perhaps one of the young guys can step up and challenge him or at the very least be there to take over if he struggles.  

I sincerely believe that we can beat every team on our schedule and really have no fear of any of them.  They all have their weaknesses too.  The key is keeping Fitz upright and healthy; if we can do that, with our weapons, defense and special teams, there is no reason we can't be a playoff team, there I said it!!!

17 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

No his wobbly inaccurate passes make me sick.  If you want to tell me Brandon Marshall entertains you, and even maybe Decker when they bail out Fitz when he throws his wounded ducks great, enjoy.  But me I'd really like to have a QB who isn't limited, and has been a loser his whole career, and by loser I mean in 11 or so seasons never made the playoffs.  I remember watching the Jets play the Bills when Fitz was QB, and just laughing hysterically out loud at how bad he was, he just didn't have a WR to help make him look decent like Marshall, and Decker have.

I like when they win. I watch them even when they don't win. 

If Geno was the QB I'd still root for them, and watch every game. Hell even Sanchez, Nagle, or Boomer...etc

Maybe if Fitz was a child molester I would have trouble, but I wouldn't let my misguided personal feelings for one player effect me...especially when we're winning.

Sorry but I couldn't see myself getting so upset that he throws a wobbly pass that I can't watch, but I'll go complain about it on the internet. Did you see how wobbly that TD pass was? My kids would be embarrassed to act that way. 

10 hours ago, Big Blocker said:

I tend toward optimism on some things.  I don't fear the schedule as much as some, although a game like Arizona I can't see the Jets winning.  But that to me is the only SURE loss on the schedule.  There's also a reasonable basis for hope in improving TE production, RB in the passing game, and perhaps best of all improved play and more speed at LB.

But the OL is a concern.  It was a concern going into camp, and early indications are that they are not doing well in the power running game.  Can't someone step up in this corps?  I am hardly alone in being concerned here, and that's assuming Clady is healthy and stays that way.  The right side is the real problem, and may end up having the two worst starters on the whole team, O and D.  Not good, and that more than anything tempers my optimism. And small things like the Jets do not have a punt returner set.  And again who is the go to option at 3rd wideout, and who is the #2 cb.  But the main concern is OL, especially RG and RT.

The Rams beat the Cardinals twice last year.....THE RAMS!....a division rival. Never say never. It's very possible the Cardinals Oline gets dominated by our Dline & we crush Palmer the statue into a pulp. 

10 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

The only real negatives as compared to last season is the loss of Snacks. You can also add Ivory to that list. But Mac went out and got replacements like McClendon. Forte is a better version of Bilal (who is pretty good) but he doesn't replace that element of power we had in Ivory. As fof the O-line It all depends on Clady. If he plays well it's an improvement over Brick. And possibly a big improvement. Giacomini stuck out because of the penalties but what about his blocking. They so far have kept him so they must feel he is at least satisfactory. I see this team like last year being competitive with all of it's opponents including Arizona. The secondary could be very good esp with a healthier Revis. And with no Cro. So when I look at it with a glass half full perspective I see mostly positives. And having Fitz back is the key move for 2016. You don't need a great Qb and plenty of good ones played on losing teams last year. But he's a good fit on this team and knows the O scheme better than anyone. I think we can do a 10-6 this year again and hopefully get in. 

Ivory was non-existent in the last half of the season. He was running tentatively, and had virtually no explosion. He struggled to stay healthy every season with NY. I absolutely love the versatility that Forte could bring to this offense.. Gailey can do much more with Forte than Ivory. 

33 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

Ivory was non-existent in the last half of the season. He was running tentatively, and had virtually no explosion. He struggled to stay healthy every season with NY. I absolutely love the versatility that Forte could bring to this offense.. Gailey can do much more with Forte than Ivory. 

Ivory slowed down in the 2nd half of every game then the second half of every year. 

If he could run like he does in the beginning of the first game throughout the year he'd be AP, and a HOFer. 

Very disappointing, but we have very good backs this year, who can also block, and catch.  

I'm always optimistic but that hardly turns out well...but why the hell not, let's be optimistic!!

I think a 9-7 to a 11-5 record is possible, although I think we're a year away from serious consideration as a Super Bowl contender. But stranger things have happened and this should be a fun season with a playoff berth a possibility throughout December.

So, I don't think you're wrong to be optimistic, but since I go back to when the Jets were still the Titans--before Namath--I have almost learned to be a bit cautious LOL

In a league full of parity, the Jets have as good a chance as any other team.

The Jets are a well balanced team with a nice mix of stabile veteran leadership, game changers in the prime of their careers, and young promising talent on both sides of the ball. They also have some great continuity with many returning starters who should be comfortable with the system.

The Jets finished last season on a 5-1 streak and looked like potential contenders. If they can continue to build on that success, anything is possible. The Jets are being overlooked by many analysts this summer, but they are built exactly like the type of team that can outperform expectations and make a deep run.

We'll see how it all shakes out, but there is no reason not to be optimistic at this point.

Hell no its not a fvcking sin to be optimistifc!

REAL realistic fans dont find their ground in the pessimistic region of fandom. Realistic never EVER means looking at the negative side. It means looking at ALL sides equally, a skill some people here dont possess. FEEL the possibilities envelope you!

Getting to the tournament is the 1st goal for this team. My point about optimism is that it takes luck to get to a Super Bowl (The Giants are a perfect example), and once there anything can happen.

You take a team like the Jets & somehow they get to a Super Bowl. To make a blank statement like "they have no chance" is absolutely ridiculous when you have that much individual talent on the field.

Marshall, Decker...anyone of those guys could go off & dominate, especially Marshall (he's a freaking beast). Forte? Forte has had huge games, who's to say he doesn't have an 80/80 game? It's not out of the question in ONE BIG GAME. Revis? Another guy that could make a couple of huge plays? Pryor? He's really coming on. Any of our Dlineman could change a Super Bowl game with one strip sack/ scoop & score. The Jets have individual players talented enough to change ONE WINNER TAKE ALL GAME.

Anyone that doesn't believe that might as well not even watch the NFL.

14 hours ago, Jetster said:

The Rams beat the Cardinals twice last year.....THE RAMS!....a division rival. Never say never. It's very possible the Cardinals Oline gets dominated by our Dline & we crush Palmer the statue into a pulp. 

The Rams play tough in their division, so I would not say what they did is so easily replicated.  And of course I did not mean to say beating the Cards is impossible.  I just think going out there and playing them to me looks like the hardest game to win on the Jets' schedule.

Archived