The NFL Draft Report's Detailed Look at Jalin Marshall

nflscouting

The NFL Draft Report’s Detailed Look At Rookie Free Agent Sensation, Jalin Marshall

This is Dave-Te Thomas. Some of you might be familiar with my work, but for those that do not, since 1968, I have been compiling player scouting reports and analysis for the NFL scouting departments and for over forty-five years, produced The NFL Draft Report, the publication that the league office provide to the media in preparation for the draft.

Since relocating from my favorite place – Brooklyn – to the dreaded Midwest, I have spent a considerable amount of time scouting the Big Ten Conference and surrounding area. This is a report to introduce you to one of my favorite finds – former prep quarterback Jalin Marshall. As you will see, if you decide to read the reports on the links below, the Jets bought low, but might reap great benefits.

Keep in mind folks, Jalin just became a wide receiver – by accident, or actually, due to injuries. He was recruited as a quarterback, but when injuries took out four of the Buckeyes’ top seven receivers even before 2014 began, this consummate team player volunteered to shift positions. From a scouts point of view, he is still a work in progress, but oh, what great value he is going to bring to Jets Nation, even if it is as a returner earlier in his career.

The first link will take you to his player profile and scouting report, but on the second link, check out his “hidden” numbers in a very interesting comparison chart. Want to see more on all the Jets’ picks? Let me know in the response column and if the moderators are nice guys, wait until you see the monster report I have on Darron Lee and others.

JALIN MARSHALL REPORT

http://nfldraftreport.sportsblog.com/posts/17314966/the-nfl-draft-report---s----catch-a-rising-star----series-----could-free-agent-jalin-marshall-be-the-jack-of-all-trades-the-new-york-jets-are-looking-for-.html?_ga=1.26706686.2142855655.1470942998

MARSHALL COMPARISON CHART FEATURE

http://nfldraftreport.sportsblog.com/posts/12307968/the-nfl-draft-report-s--five-for-fighting--wide-receivers-you-need-to-know-before-the-2016-nfl-draft.html

11 minutes ago, nflscouting said:

The NFL Draft Report’s Detailed Look At Rookie Free Agent Sensation, Jalin Marshall

This is Dave-Te Thomas. Some of you might be familiar with my work, but for those that do not, since 1968, I have been compiling player scouting reports and analysis for the NFL scouting departments and for over forty-five years, produced The NFL Draft Report, the publication that the league office provide to the media in preparation for the draft.

Since relocating from my favorite place – Brooklyn – to the dreaded Midwest, I have spent a considerable amount of time scouting the Big Ten Conference and surrounding area. This is a report to introduce you to one of my favorite finds – former prep quarterback Jalin Marshall. As you will see, if you decide to read the reports on the links below, the Jets bought low, but might reap great benefits.

Keep in mind folks, Jalin just became a wide receiver – by accident, or actually, due to injuries. He was recruited as a quarterback, but when injuries took out four of the Buckeyes’ top seven receivers even before 2014 began, this consummate team player volunteered to shift positions. From a scouts point of view, he is still a work in progress, but oh, what great value he is going to bring to Jets Nation, even if it is as a returner earlier in his career.

The first link will take you to his player profile and scouting report, but on the second link, check out his “hidden” numbers in a very interesting comparison chart. Want to see more on all the Jets’ picks? Let me know in the response column and if the moderators are nice guys, wait until you see the monster report I have on Darron Lee and others.

JALIN MARSHALL REPORT

http://nfldraftreport.sportsblog.com/posts/17314966/the-nfl-draft-report---s----catch-a-rising-star----series-----could-free-agent-jalin-marshall-be-the-jack-of-all-trades-the-new-york-jets-are-looking-for-.html?_ga=1.26706686.2142855655.1470942998

MARSHALL COMPARISON CHART FEATURE

http://nfldraftreport.sportsblog.com/posts/12307968/the-nfl-draft-report-s--five-for-fighting--wide-receivers-you-need-to-know-before-the-2016-nfl-draft.html

Thanks for this Dave...great work.

The thing about Jalin is that work ethic. I spent a lot of my days at Ohio State & Michigan. Everyone is saying OSU will have problems this year, but I think that they "replacements" at WR - Corey Smith, Curtis Samuel & Norris Brown are going to be big surprises, if ALL can recover from broken legs (strange thing at the school that has me scratching my head - watch out for falling dandruff - 7 WRs in 2 years broke legs there) & oh boy, do they have a Mike Singletary clone in that McMillan kid at MLB.

Right now, I am most impressed with the talent at Michigan & Clemson the most. I am wrapping up defensive meetings, but if you guys are draftniks, here is my 2017 NFL Draft Offensive Class;

LINK TO THE DIRECTORY HERE

http://nfldraftreport.sportsblog.com/posts/21618829/the-2017-nfl-draft-report-s-2016-preseason-offensive-position-class-directory.html

As I see the current roster, if the draft was held today, CB & OT need to be serious considerations. On the OT issue, here is the sleeper there;

http://nfldraftreport.sportsblog.com/posts/22913698/the-nfl-draft-report-s--nfl-future-stars--series---nfl-teams-looking-for-a-standout-left-tackle-might-want-to-pounce-on-the-pittsburgh-panthers--adam-bisnowaty.html?_ga=1.59550190.2142855655.1470942998

Now moderators-sorry about the links, but if you look at the Marshall report & that is only the highlight of my 156-page report to the teams, I hope you understand. As stated, I have every draft pick in camp I can provide, but Darron Lee's report is 98 pages. I promise to send any of your readers that get eye strain to an eye center!

Just now, 32EBoozer said:

I think Dave's formatting skills are better than your's AFJF.... you've got a lot of wasted space there

Just sayin' :D

Formatting?  What's that?

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

I think Dave's formatting skills are better than your's AFJF.... you've got a lot of wasted space there

Just sayin' :D

Not that I'd be any good at it if I knew how to adjust it, but the article format does change for some reason when it transitions from WordPress to the forums and automatically moves all the pics to the far left column whereas within the actual article, they're placed on the left, right and in the center with text wrapped around them.

Great to have this piece by Dave posted though....great work.

Good stuff DT, Thank you

What is the word on Shell, you also had him listed as a rookie to watch, sounds like you think the trade up to get him was worth it? do you think he is a development prospect for next year (this staff is not afraid to stash a player on the bench for development) or do you think he contributes this year?

Any reports that will help me appreciate the Hack pick?

This kid could be electrifying on sweeps & fake sweeps ect. Out of the slot. If he goes in motion & Fitz hands off to him or just fakes it, the defense will have to stay put. The Pats run that sweep with Edeleman & it always freezes the opposing defense.

Usually starts with a fake to the RB, while Jalin would sweep past Fitz & Fitz will either hand it off or fake that handoff & hit a wide open Seam route down the middle if the defense comes up to defend the sweep. Chan is gonna have a lot to work with, thank god Fitzy is smart enough to remember all this sh*t & get his guys in the proper alignments. Could be a lot of big splash plays for the Jets this year, how long has it been since we did that? I'm thinking this could be one of the best offenses they've ever had it Ryan spreads it around enough.

Not for nothing but Jalin Marshall alligator arm'd 2 passes over the middle which he dropped because as he admitted after the game he was scared of getting hit.  He also kinda dropped a catchable Geno out route.  I get it he's a special teamer but ...

Peake was more impressive as a wideout to me.

35 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Not for nothing but Jalin Marshall alligator arm'd 2 passes over the middle which he dropped because as he admitted after the game he was scared of getting hit.  He also kinda dropped a catchable Geno out route.  I get it he's a special teamer but ...

Peake was more impressive as a wideout to me.

I feel the same way. A lot of talk about Marshall looking good but he looked more timid and produced less even though he was given more chances on offense thank Peake. Peake looked like was better than all the coverage thrown at him.

9 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

He ran a 4.6 at the combine.  OSU's track is notoriously fast.

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

the difference between a 4.6 guy and a 4.4 guy is that a 4.4 guy outruns the coverage on a 80 yard return. 

k, that makes more sense

Archived