Best Available Post-53 Cut Day

nycdan

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Darrin Walls CB is available and could be had for the minimum and instantly provide depth, special teams coverage, and probably start on the outside if needed. 

Not to mention hed take the pressure off the other corners by leading the team in long TDs allowed 

15 hours ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

we are set at rb but forsett is a god player he will be scooped up quick

Reports say he'll be back in Bal. I wouldn't be surprised if Pats nabbed him either, veteran receiving back = jackpot for them.

15 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Let hope the Jets had "offset" language in that rookie contract, someone will give him a second chance and that could give us some cap space back

There was off set language.  He was also due a 1.4 million roster bonus.  I don't know when it came due though.  His salary was minimal this year, 600k maybe?  So, we could recoup that, IMO.

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL  

Jets worked out Blidi-Wreh Wilson and Justin Zimmer

Ferris State's Justin Zimmer becoming intriguing sleeper with Buffalo Bills

http://www.mlive.com/smallcolleges/grandrapids/index.ssf/2016/06/ferris_states_justin_zimmer_be.html

The Buffalo Bills have announced the necessary moves in order to reduce their roster from 90 players to 75.

RELEASED:

DT Justin Zimmer.

1 hour ago, aec4 said:

Not to mention hed take the pressure off the other corners by leading the team in long TDs allowed 

Any evidence to back that up? He played very well in the dime role and then when he started. He was better than Cro and Skrine last year. And he played just as well as Marcus Williams just without the INTs. You knew that though right?

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Any evidence to back that up? He played very well in the dime role and then when he started. He was better than Cro and Skrine last year. And he played just as well as Marcus Williams just without the INTs. You knew that though right?

Just look at his body of work here. I don't feel he played well at all.   Just because CRO sucked too doesn't make him good.  

Marcus Williams didn't play well either. He got the ints and everyone thought he did

9 minutes ago, aec4 said:

Just look at his body of work here. I don't feel he played well at all.   Just because CRO sucked too doesn't make him good.  

Marcus Williams didn't play well either. He got the ints and everyone thought he did

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. The guy was a solid role player and a perfect depth player. When they asked him to be a starter after a rash of injuries a few years back, he wasn't Revis but he wasn't the worst CB on the team either. We're talking about an UDFA who would come in and know the system, play special teams, and play for the minimum. He'd be the 2nd or 3rd best corner on this roster. Body of work? Watch the games. 

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Sorry, who is Mike Bercovici and why? And Arians doesn't even want Barkley

It was a joke, (clearly a bad one) the only QB's that I recognized on the cut list

and Bercovici (UDFA) had some press in the draft forum

Edit, add QB Kevin Hogan to the list of potentials from the draft forum

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. The guy was a solid role player and a perfect depth player. When they asked him to be a starter after a rash of injuries a few years back, he wasn't Revis but he wasn't the worst CB on the team either. We're talking about an UDFA who would come in and know the system, play special teams, and play for the minimum. He'd be the 2nd or 3rd best corner on this roster. Body of work? Watch the games. 

So because I don't agree with you I must be stupid. That seems to be the theme of the day on the board. 

I'm thankful he's not on the team.  

I've watched the games. He's burnt more than bread in a broken toaster 

26 minutes ago, aec4 said:

So because I don't agree with you I must be stupid. That seems to be the theme of the day on the board. 

I'm thankful he's not on the team.  

I've watched the games. He's burnt more than bread in a broken toaster 

Who called you stupid? It wasn't me. I do disagree with you though. 

You won't be thankful when the secondary gets torched by offenses all season. 

Again, what stats or video or anything do you have to back that up? We all saw Cro, Williams, and Skrine all burnt many more times for TDs than Walls last season. Walls was solid depth. The Jets have one good corner. They could use more depth. That's all he would be. I'm not sure what you're not understanding here. 

3 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Who called you stupid? It wasn't me. I do disagree with you though. 

You won't be thankful when the secondary gets torched by offenses all season. 

Again, what stats or video or anything do you have to back that up? We all saw Cro, Williams, and Skrine all burnt many more times for TDs than Walls last season. Walls was solid depth. The Jets have one good corner. They could use more depth. That's all he would be. I'm not sure what you're not understanding here. 

How much did Walls play last year? IIRC, he missed many weeks w/an ankle sprain? 

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

How much did Walls play last year? IIRC, he missed many weeks w/an ankle sprain? 

13 games mostly on special teams but was called on to play many snaps the last few weeks because of injuries and played well in a part time role. That's all that he'd be asked to do here. 

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

13 games mostly on special teams but was called on to play many snaps the last few weeks because of injuries and played well in a part time role. That's all that he'd be asked to do here. 

So he was rarely on D to get burned. 

7 hours ago, C Mart said:

2015 Texans 6th rounder. I could see Mcc & TB having an interest for PS. Speedy OLB. 

wilsona_normal.jpg Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL)
Reshard Cliett drawing interest from other NFL teams for practice squad, nothing finalized

Great info. This is the perfect type for practice squad. Highly athletic that needs to be coached up

Archived