Doctors may not clear Watkins to play

AFJF

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/15/report-sammy-watkins-wants-to-play-doctors-may-say-no/

Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins said earlier this week that he will “definitely” be in the lineup for Thursday night’s game against the Jets despite reporting some discomfort in his surgically-repaired foot after the team’s season-opening loss to the Ravens.

Watkins was listed as questionable on Wednesday after getting in a limited practice. He was listed as a non-participant on Monday and Tuesday and it appears there’s still a chance he’ll be a non-participant on Thursday night as well.

Josina Anderson of ESPN reports that while Watkins wants to play in the game, a source tells her that it isn’t yet clear that the team’s doctors will sign off on putting him on the field. That suggests the decision may come down to how Watkins fares during pre-game warmups. Inactives will be announced around 7 p.m. ET.

Watkins had four catches for 43 yards in the opener against the Ravens, but, like the rest of the team, failed to make any big plays in a quiet offensive outing.

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17551967/sammy-watkins-buffalo-bills-likely-play-new-york-jets

Ultimately a game time decision, but likely to play. This is what I'm expecting.

I agree with you but at the end of the day if we are concerned about is Sammy Watkins in the line up or not to beat the Bills nobody should be talking playoffs

21 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If Revis can't cover a hobbled Watkins with Tyrod Taylor at QB we might as well be playing for the 1st pick in the draft. 

Honestly this revis crap is way overblown. Besides the blown coverage were he should have had safety help over the top and the circus catch Green made on the sidelines everything else green got was with quick passes and wr screens. 

The guy has lost a step, he is not the same superstar that would take megatron one on one and shut him out but he is more than serviceable and will be a good / great 1 cb for us this season.

6 minutes ago, jdeacon said:

Honestly this revis crap is way overblown. Besides the blown coverage were he should have had safety help over the top and the circus catch Green made on the sidelines everything else green got was with quick passes and wr screens. 

The guy has lost a step, he is not the same superstar that would take megatron one on one and shut him out but he is more than serviceable and will be a good / great 1 cb for us this season.

I have been giving Revis the gears the last year and a half and I don;t dispute what you say above, that is why it is just awful that he is getting 16 mill a year.  16 mil a year for a good CB who can;t handle the best wrs in the league and now needs safety help all of the time.

Archived