Sunday Games thread

UnitedWhofans

I don't drink.

And Brady's hamstrings aren't getting any younger. Just saying. He will come back and isn't going to have the same kind of season. I think they still squeak out 9 wins this year before the wheels completely fall off next year.

Last time the Pats "only" won 9 games was 14 years ago.

Pats will win their usual 12-14 games this year.

Hell, 95% of this board had the Pats going 0-4 without Brady.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

I don't know where you're getting that 95% number from. There isn't that much insanity on this board. As for the season. Maybe 12 but no way 14. Your D isn't that good. 

14 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

None of us expected the Cardinals to play like a slapdick football team @ at home. My god, the Pats had nothing to do with their ineptitude in that 1st half, Palmer played like he took a qualude, the entire team was sleepwalking. By time they woke up it was too late & they missed a 47 yarder for the win.

Then you look at Miami & their defense, knowing the Pats we're going to run, let Blount run past them, over them, through them. NFL is all about matchups, I can guarantee you that Blount will no way, no how get the edge on the Jets defense twice in the same drive. That was pitiful! How many times did the Fins put the ball on the ground too. Each & every week we watch teams basically sh*t the bed vs the Pats and give them games instead of making them earn it. Of course yesterday the Pats were lucky they had a 24-0 lead before Jimmy G bit the dust.

As for throwing NEP under the bus every time they win a game and speculate that they were cheating. I don't know about that. But they are the best at in all of pro sports. So the assumption is they do it all the time. You can call it a CS if you want to but you saw what happened the last time they were caught. It almost went to the Supreme Court.  

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

They should throw more holding flags and less of some other penalties.  Also I'm going to say something I could never imagine me saying just a few years ago.....

I'd like to see them go to college ball rules for RI.  15 yards and automatic 1st down rather than a spot foul.

I tend to agree.  What really has me annoyed this year are the neutral zone infraction penalties. I miss the days when the d-line could jump and get back, now as soon as the flinch the o-linemen move and grab the quick 5 yards.  Doesn't seem right...

Oh, one thing that had me mystified, in the Seattle game Carrol was ranting big time about some call by the refs, might have been that offensive pi call (which was a correct call) and he blatantly grabbed a refs arm and pulled it down.  I was shocked he didn't get a flag at the very least if not a lot more considering what happens if a player grabs a ref.  Did anyone else see that?

41 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Oh, one thing that had me mystified, in the Seattle game Carrol was ranting big time about some call by the refs, might have been that offensive pi call (which was a correct call) and he blatantly grabbed a refs arm and pulled it down.  I was shocked he didn't get a flag at the very least if not a lot more considering what happens if a player grabs a ref.  Did anyone else see that?

Certainly there are HC's as well as QB/players that get "Royalty" special treatment ... Carroll definitely received that yesterday

(looks like someone may be tugging on the emperor's robes ... Just saw an ESPN notice that Seattle is being dinged a draft pick & Carroll fined ... Think it was tied to something earlier in the season ... Interesting timing though)

4 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

I had them going 2 and 2. Which is what they will go.

Archived