Ryan Fitzpatrick and Alex Smith

Klecko73isGod

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

They were championship defenses. Not sure what more anyone could ask for.

they were championship D's b/c every time they failed the QB and the O picked them up.  the difference btw winning the first 2 SBs and losing the 2 they lost was that when the D choked late in the first 2 they gave Brady enough time to work with while the last 2 they didn't give him time to overcome their mistakes.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nyjunc said:

they were championship D's b/c every time they failed the QB and the O picked them up.  the difference btw winning the first 2 SBs and losing the 2 they lost was that when the D choked late in the first 2 they gave Brady enough time to work with while the last 2 they didn't give him time to overcome their mistakes.

They beat Philly because the Pats D intercepted McNabb twice with under 8 minutes left. Harrison's pick clinched the game. 

I agree that the D allowed the Panthers to retake the lead late, and Brady came from behind for the game-winner in that SB. 

They held the greatest show on turf to 17 points vs. St. Louis. So yea.

You're general take on it is generally wrong. The Pats defense wasn't about limiting yards, never has been. All those SBs the other QB had more passing yards, but those Pats D were built for generating turnovers and making stops in red zone.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

They beat Philly because the Pats D intercepted McNabb twice with under 8 minutes left. Harrison's pick clinched the game. 

I agree that the D allowed the Panthers to retake the lead late, and Brady came from behind for the game-winner in that SB. 

They held the greatest show on turf to 17 points vs. St. Louis. So yea.

You're general take on it is generally wrong. The Pats defense wasn't about limiting yards, never has been. All those SBs the other QB had more passing yards, but those Pats D were built for generating turnovers and making stops in red zone.

I wasn't talking about the Philly game, was talking about the first 2 wins and the 2 losses.  They became the FIRST D in SB history to blow a double digit lead in the 4th qtr of a SB vs. the Rams, 2 years later they did it again.

they may have been built for what you say but they also folded in big spots far too often only to be rescued by Brady and the O.  they had good, solid Ds but they never had a great D like Denver last year or Seattle before them.

Just now, nyjunc said:

I wasn't talking about the Philly game, was talking about the first 2 wins and the 2 losses.  They became the FIRST D in SB history to blow a double digit lead in the 4th qtr of a SB vs. the Rams, 2 years later they did it again.

they may have been built for what you say but they also folded in big spots far too often only to be rescued by Brady and the O.  they had good, solid Ds but they never had a great D like Denver last year or Seattle before them.

Alright bud, I know you're going to keep splitting hairs here... so that's cool. I don't care enough to talk about it further. The Patriots were build around a savvy veteran defense in their early years of dominating, and they contributed a lot to championship wins.

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Alright bud, I know you're going to keep splitting hairs here... so that's cool. I don't care enough to talk about it further. The Patriots were build around a savvy veteran defense in their early years of dominating, and they contributed a lot to championship wins.

of course they contributed, never said they didn't.  the story though is that they dominated w/ D and that just isn't true.  

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Yes. But the D and making the most of any advantage played a huge part in getting them to those Superbowls. Early in Brady's career they did not blow teams away like they do now.  Early on most of the games were flat out dogfights.  Not sure but it wasn't till Moss, then Gronk and the Serial killer that they started blowing teams away. I could be wrong but it's how I remember it.

You're correct. The 2007 season is when the blowouts started to become a normal thing. They added Moss and Welker that off season and game 1 they beat the crap out of us. They never looked back until they ran into the Giants in the Super Bowl.

47 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

You're correct. The 2007 season is when the blowouts started to become a normal thing. They added Moss and Welker that off season and game 1 they beat the crap out of us. They never looked back until they ran into the Giants in the Super Bowl.

actually they slowed down late in the season when Brady was a little hobbled.  they had a ton of closer games late in the year and were not the same juggernaut they were the first half.

10 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

actually they slowed down late in the season when Brady was a little hobbled.  they had a ton of closer games late in the year and were not the same juggernaut they were the first half.

I know but that was the season the Pats offense really took off and started blowing people out is my point. They still blew out multiple teams down the stretch of that season.

Defense and Vinatierri earned the first few rings. Super-offense Brady had a hard time winning it all without a defense. Revis helped him get the last one... well, that and Pete Carroll, and cheating of course.

What did Revis do to help the Pats?

Hell, the guy couldn't even get around the back judge in the Super Bowl giving up a crucial Seattle TD.

Revis was riding in the caboose for the Pats Super Bowl run.

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Atleast we seen a division championship and a few playoff appearances. 

every year Chad played at least 3/4 of games we made the playoffs w/ him including our 2nd of 2 all time AFC East titles.  it just sucks he wasn't durable.

What? If Chad didn't tear his rotator cuff he could have done Alex Smith? What did the rotator cuff have to do with it?

I'm saying if Chad didn't tear his rotator cuff he would have probably been that era's Alex Smith. He wasn't nearly what some people were making him out to be. He was the king of taking what the D gave him before and after the injury. Tons of dump offs and short passes, a lot of pussy ball. Just like Smith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

of course they contributed, never said they didn't.  the story though is that they dominated w/ D and that just isn't true.  

What "story"? 

It's a thread about Alex Smith and Fitz. I made a comment that teams win championships, you've run down a rabbit hole chasing your own taint... The Patriots won their early championsips because they were complete teams.

You, as usual, have no ******* idea what you are talking about. Find a different hair to split and run it down... go... 

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

What did Revis do to help the Pats?

Hell, the guy couldn't even get around the back judge in the Super Bowl giving up a crucial Seattle TD.

Revis was riding in the caboose for the Pats Super Bowl run.

Dude.

Every time I lay bait for you. You take it.

You've spent over a decade trying to establish yourself as the super troll... and I own you. 

LMFAO

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

What "story"? 

It's a thread about Alex Smith and Fitz. I made a comment that teams win championships, you've run down a rabbit hole chasing your own taint... The Patriots won their early championsips because they were complete teams.

You, as usual, have no ******* idea what you are talking about. Find a different hair to split and run it down... go... 

are you off your meds?  the discussion took a turn about Brady and the Pats and that is what we were discussing when you jumped in.  go back, take your meds and relax

7 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I'm saying if Chad didn't tear his rotator cuff he would have probably been that era's Alex Smith. He wasn't nearly what some people were making him out to be. He was the king of taking what the D gave him before and after the injury. Tons of dump offs and short passes, a lot of pussy ball. Just like Smith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL - I know what you meant; it was just my childish humor that made it seem funny to me...

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

You're still making a bad argument.

Nobody here would deny that QB makes a difference. But, they still don't win or lose on their own. Citing the GOAT QB, or the other 4-5 elite QBs, is absurd. You are citing hedge cases (yes, the top 4-5 QBs in the league are the exception, not the norm - and in many cases still need a balanced team to win it all, so you're doubly-wrong) to try and disprove that "teams win, not individuals"... a statement that is about as Captain Obvious a statement as there is.

In other words, an average QB can not win on its own, but an elite QB can. Precisely my point.

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

The wronger you get, while trying to steer this towards an agenda, the more you'll dig in. So, I don't really care about any further counter-points you make.

Sure. 

17 hours ago, gEYno said:

Chickensh*t for more seasons?

Raiders playoff game was like finding out the new Dr. J's mom got me for school were really just skippy's with the converse logo glued on. *

* I'm old so this reference may not make much sense to anyone born after 1978. But trust me, it's pretty good.  

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Raiders playoff game was like finding out the new Dr. J's mom got me for school were really just skippy's with the converse logo glued on. *

* I'm old so this reference may not make much sense to anyone born after 1978. But trust me, it's pretty good.  

Updated for 2016:

Raiders playoff game was like finding out the new iPhone 7 my mom got me was really just a Motorola Razor with the Apple logo glued on.

23 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Yes. But the D and making the most of any advantage played a huge part in getting them to those Superbowls. Early in Brady's career they did not blow teams away like they do now.  Early on most of the games were flat out dogfights.  Not sure but it wasn't till Moss, then Gronk and the Serial killer that they started blowing teams away. I could be wrong but it's how I remember it.

the pats defense wasn't the greatest, but played incredible, mistake free football, considering the talent level

Archived