Time to start Geno or Petty

Jets Daily Dosage.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Anyone with realistic expectation already knew this team wasn't good. The oline sucks and wasn't addressed, Revis is surprisingly bad, Fitz is Fitz, the coaching staff is still young, outside of the Dline and WRs whole team is below average. 

The sky can't be falling the sh*t fell 40 years ago. 

I thought this was one of the most talented Jets teams the past 2 seasons actually. 

42 minutes ago, Larz said:

this is who ryan is.  he is hot and cold. he takes dumb chances.  that is why he keeps getting jobs, then losing them.  he does enough to tease you, then effs it up

with that said, it is telling bowles did not yank him like a pitcher getting shelled or a goalie giving it up

bowles is stubborn

It is not a good combination

But if Fitz isn't guaranteed all the starter reps this week, does that change your mind? Because changing qb mid game seems like fool's gold to me.

44 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Really? The Dline and Marshall. Everyone else average or below and some straight out suck. Forte is probably above average but it's hard to tell when the oline is so bad. 

Our Oline is playing better than we expected. Our Dline is top 5, Darren Lee leads the team in tackles, our secondary sucks, Enunwa has become a better WR and also led the team in catches, Forte is a top 5 back in the league going into this game and we had the top WR tandem in the league from last year. 

We're blowing it on a 12 year inconsistent vet QB, instead of giving our young QB's that talent to work with in order to develop. Every other QB on this roster is still on a rookie contract with one being on the last year of his deal and we instead decided to make Fitzpatrick richer. 

This team is talented, and its underachieving in the secondary because everyone is playing off coverage and at the QB spot that we invested 12 million dollars in for a freaking journeyman. 

14 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Our Oline is playing better than we expected. Our Dline is top 5, Darren Lee leads the team in tackles, our secondary sucks, Enunwa has become a better WR and also led the team in catches, Forte is a top 5 back in the league going into this game and we had the top WR tandem in the league from last year. 

We're blowing it on a 12 inconsistent vet QB, instead of giving our young QB's that talent to work with in order to develop. Every other QB on this roster is still on a rookie contract with one being on the last year of his deal and we instead decided to make Fitzpatrick richer. 

This team is talented, and its underachieving in the secondary because everyone is playing off coverage and at the QB spot that we invested 12 million dollars in for a freaking journeyman. 

I guess I'm just cynical. 

30 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

We're blowing it on a 12 inconsistent vet QB, instead of giving our young QB's that talent to work with in order to develop. Every other QB on this roster is still on a rookie contract with one being on the last year of his deal and we instead decided to make Fitzpatrick richer. 

Yeah this is accurate. With Phillip Rivers we're Super Bowl contenders, this team is solid throughout even if the secondary is shaken right now.

1 hour ago, pointman said:

Today's performance requires that some re-evaluation be done. When has any starting QB thrown 6 picks like that?

Ken Stabler 10/16/77 7 picks,. Joe Namath had 6 picks on 10/18/70 and 10/19/75.  There are a lot more but these are the most famous.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Joe Namath won a Super Bowl Fitzpatrick has never made the playoffs LOL

The question wasn't who is the better QB, that's oblously Joe, the question was has any Jet had a worse performance and I just pointed out 2 times where someone had an equally bad interception game.

1 minute ago, jetscrazey said:

There are only 2 points to make here:

1) Whatever Fitz is, Geno is even worse

2) Petty is the only thing that gives me long-term hope for this team.  I'd rather let him develop than play Geno, because you know what you're getting with Geno and it's not very good.

Exactly.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

So what he won nothing you act like that record won us something LOL 

No, you're mistaking me with someone that likes Fitz, and I really do not.  Because I realize he is not a viable long-term answer for the NYJ, nor is he particularly good at QB. I did not want to re-sign him this year at al.

But as much as Fitz may be bad, Geno is decidedly worse.  So Fitz should play until Petty is healthy, which is in the long-term interest of the NYJ.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

If they were going to bench Fitz after this game, which they should but they won't, it couldn't be for Petty because he isn't going to be ready for a few more weeks.

I truly believe if Petty was well we would get 1 more game of Fitz and that would be all she wrote !!!

Petty Time!!!

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

No, you're mistaking me with someone that likes Fitz, and I really do not.  Because I realize he is not a viable long-term answer for the NYJ, nor is he particularly good at QB. I did not want to re-sign him this year at al.

But as much as Fitz may be bad, Geno is decidedly worse.  So Fitz should play until Petty is healthy, which is in the long-term interest of the NYJ.

Yes the 6 INTs today show me how much better he really is start Sheldon Richardson at QB anyone but sh*tz 

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

A few weeks?  Do we know that for sure.  Hadn't heard a time frame in a while.

At Bowles press conference, I think it was Thursday, someone asked when Petty would be ready and he said he hoped he would be back practicing in a couple of weeks.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yeah making a change now would be a panic move. Fitz should get a longer leash than this but I just don't think you will ever win a Super Bowl with him. The good news is this team fumbles often, so he isn't the only reason they won't win it.

Superbowl, ha, all I wasn't was a post season :( 

Archived