Written Machine Gun For Everyone ...

KRL

- After Bowles had a promising rookie year, how has this team descended to "Ryanesque" levels of
incompetence so soon?  Penalties on every play, Richardson being played at OLB, throwing the ball
on EVERY 3rd & 1, too many men on the field.  When will it end???

- I know it must be very tiresome to carry a $20+ million signing bonus to the bank, but could
Wilkerson do SOMETHING before the end of the season?  Where are all those posters who swore he
was an impact defensive player?  Really?

- It boggles my mind that Fitzpatrick actually held the local & national media hostage with his
contract situation from January to July.  A QB who continues to prove that he's nothing more than
a journeyman who is suited to be a backup.  Over the last seven games he's "crapped the bed" in
six of them and then he plays well in the one BUF game that didn't have playoff implications.
Where are all those posters who were singing his praises?  And shame on the media for giving him such
a soft landing.  They are trying to make Smith's reaction on the sideline the story instead of
Fitzpatrick's awful play.  I've never seen a 10+ year QB pre-determine his throws so much.  He 
misses TONS of open receivers because he doesn't scan the field.  He bet on himself with his one
year contract and he lost.  He'll be lucky to make 3-4 million next year

- Shocking how fast Revis performance has fallen.  His coverage has been bad and he's doing nothing
but making "business decisions" when trying to tackle (I use that term loosely).  If this is what he
is going forward he may be gone after the season

- The Jets weren't going to win anyway, but were the refs getting paid based on how many flags they
threw last night???  Worst officiated game I've seen in a long time and some of those pass interference
calls were totally bogus

- Why is Kellen Davis on this team?  He's a "walking penalty" and he's disinterested in blocking.  I've
never seen a player just watch his man blow by him so much.  He's worse than Matthew Mulligan if that's
possible

Going forward the young players on this team need to get their reps increased so we can see who can and
can't play.  If the veterans don't like it, tough.  Their crappy play has put us in this position

Yeah but those 31 TD though. Are you saying they don't mean anything this year? Franchise record etc. and he's from Harvard. That's pure gold mate. He's a leader of this lead. Players love him. Makes no sense to bench him even if we're 1-14 n playing the last game of the year. He bleeds green. He deserves another year.

Geno? He sucks. Wasn't part of the" preppings" and that's why Fitz sucked. 

1 hour ago, KRL said:

- After Bowles had a promising rookie year, how has this team descended to "Ryanesque" levels of
incompetence so soon?  Penalties on every play, Richardson being played at OLB, throwing the ball

- I know it must be very tiresome to carry a $20+ million signing bonus to the bank, but could
Wilkerson do SOMETHING before the end of the season?  Where are all those posters who swore he

- It boggles my mind that Fitzpatrick actually held the local & national media hostage with his
contract situation from January to July.  A QB who continues to prove that he's nothing more than
a journeyman who is suited to be a backup.  Over the last seven games he's "crapped the bed" in
six of them and then he plays well in the one BUF game that didn't have playoff implications.
Where are all those posters who were singing his praises?  And shame on the media for giving him such
a soft landing.  They are trying to make Smith's reaction on the sideline the story instead of
Fitzpatrick's awful play.  I've never seen a 10+ year QB pre-determine his throws so much.  He 
misses TONS of open receivers because he doesn't scan the field.  He bet on himself with his one

- Shocking how fast Revis performance has fallen.  His coverage has been bad and he's doing nothing
but making "business decisions" when trying to tackle (I use that term loosely).  If this is what he

- The Jets weren't going to win anyway, but were the refs getting paid based on how many flags they
threw last night???  Worst officiated game I've seen in a long time and some of those pass interference
calls were totally bogus

- Why is Kellen Davis on this team?  He's a "walking penalty" and he's disinterested in blocking.  I've
never seen a player just watch his man blow by him so much.  He's worse than Matthew Mulligan if that's
possible

Going forward the young players on this team need to get their reps increased so we can see who can and
can't play.  If the veterans don't like it, tough.  Their crappy play has put us in this position

I'd love to go back & view the Mo is above average defensive player. Every slightly above & slightly below average player holds this team hostage because we don't have a QB who is the face of the franchise.

I know my posts stated over & over that his sacks came in bunches vs teams that had already quit or just plain sucked. People can hate on an owner like Jerry Jones but at least he's passionate about his team. Heads would role if he owned this team after that sh*tshow last night. BLOW THIS TEAM UP ALREADY! 

15 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I'd love to go back & view the Mo is above average defensive player. Every slightly above & slightly below average player holds this team hostage because we don't have a QB who is the face of the franchise.

I know my posts stated over & over that his sacks came in bunches vs teams that had already quit or just plain sucked. People can hate on an owner like Jerry Jones but at least he's passionate about his team. Heads would role if he owned this team after that sh*tshow last night. BLOW THIS TEAM UP ALREADY! 

I think the problem is that Maccagnan KNEW this was a rebuilding job, but Woody Johnson wants to remain "competitive" as we rebuild and you can't have it both ways. You can't overpay for a guy like Wilkerson who has been the invisible man on defense this year and Revis who has slipped considerably. You cannot rebuild and remain competitive because it forces you to hold on too long to veterans who cannot contribute and reach for FA's you think can fill a hole. Mac needs to sit the little Wood man down and explain this to him because as long as Woody continues to think the Jets can be competitive the longer it will take to be truly competitive.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

He'll be lucky to make 3-4 million next year

Fitzpatrick will not even be in the league next year. He sucks out loud and the Jets made the wrong bet. Once again this falls on Woody Johnson who continues to press Mac to rebuild "on the fly" while continuing to be competitive. That means the Jets overpay for veterans like Fitz and Mo WIlkerson while reaching for "fill in" players like Buster Skrine and keep over the hill guys like David Harris. Got to rebuild from the ground up. Rex and Idzik and Tannenbaum left this team bereft of talent and it will take several good drafts and smart FA signings to make it happen but Woody is going to have to live with the growing pains.

Some of the defensive pass interference calls on Skrine last night were absolutely a joke. I am not trying to say he had a good game but there were several pi or holding calls on the Jets that were total bull.

There is absolutely no optimism until we get a QB that can at least change the narrative to a rebuilding team than a dumpster fire of a horribly failed playoff team

10 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

I think the problem is that Maccagnan KNEW this was a rebuilding job, but Woody Johnson wants to remain "competitive" as we rebuild and you can't have it both ways. You can't overpay for a guy like Wilkerson who has been the invisible man on defense this year and Revis who has slipped considerably. You cannot rebuild and remain competitive because it forces you to hold on too long to veterans who cannot contribute and reach for FA's you think can fill a hole. Mac needs to sit the little Wood man down and explain this to him because as long as Woody continues to think the Jets can be competitive the longer it will take to be truly competitive.

spot on..and again that's the problem w/sharing a stadium w/giants, especially when they've won a couple of SBs while Woody has been owner..Woody wants one to shove in their faces and wants one now..he doesn't want to wait 2-3 years to build a young new core..He wants the quick fixes.  

11 hours ago, j4jets said:

Yeah but those 31 TD though. Are you saying they don't mean anything this year? Franchise record etc. and he's from Harvard. That's pure gold mate. He's a leader of this lead. Players love him. Makes no sense to bench him even if we're 1-14 n playing the last game of the year. He bleeds green. He deserves another year.

Geno? He sucks. Wasn't part of the" preppings" and that's why Fitz sucked. 

Just ecause he can solve a physics theorem does not mean he can go through progressions efficiently.  And that atrocious arm.....

The thing that is amazing about Fitz is that it is not just that he is throwing interceptions but that almost 100% of his throws, even the receptions, are either awful throws, terrible reads or both. And as much crap as Geno has gotten for "locking on" to receivers, Fitz is the worst offender I have EVER seen. One thing that was immediately noticeable when Geno came in was him at least trying to go through his progressions. Reality is that Fitz is not even backup quality. He should be cut today.

12 hours ago, KRL said:

calls were totally bogus

possible

Kellen Davis...:blink:

23 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Good point about revis's tackling.

It seems like he's almost making an effort to not get involved with tackling any backs.

all time least favorite jets

1- Revis

2- K Wilson

3- B Nagle

How is Eric Smith not on that list

11 hours ago, jack48 said:

Just ecause he can solve a physics theorem does not mean he can go through progressions efficiently.  And that atrocious arm.....

At this point, I doubt he can even solve a physics theorem. 

22 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

The problem there is if you try and do an actual rebuild the fanbase will buy billboards and airplanes to get you fired...and the owner will listen.

Mac is trying to do both in order to keep his job....

The problems with this franchise are many - but it absolutely starts with Ownership...Until Woody stops allowing the media and fanbase to dictate football decisions we will always suck.

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The problem there is if you try and do an actual rebuild the fanbase will buy billboards and airplanes to get you fired...and the owner will listen.

The problems with this franchise are many - but it absolutely starts with Ownership...Until Woody stops allowing the media and fanbase to dictate football decisions we will always suck.

Well maybe ownership should try a different approach. Try hiring an established GM or HC?  The one and only time the team did that with BP it worked. Since Johnson became the owner and only hired unprovens the results speak loud and clear.

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No Beloved, it starts with the fans . The Jets have had 2 owners in my lifetime and both have been blamed for the mess of this franchise when all they have done is try to find a decent HC and GM and do what a football team does for an owner which is make money . Part of making money is being accountable to the people who spend their money as fans of your team .

We the fans are the one who refuse to allow this team to fail so it can grow . 

26 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

No Beloved, it starts with the fans . The Jets have had 2 owners in my lifetime and both have been blamed for the mess of this franchise when all they have done is try to find a decent HC and GM and do what a football team does for an owner which is make money . Part of making money is being accountable to the people who spend their money as fans of your team .

We the fans are the one who refuse to allow this team to fail so it can grow . 

While I agree, the fans need to be more patient...Being accountable is ultimately doing what's best for the team to win in the long term.  Football is about putting a winner on the field, if an owner doesn't have the stomach to deal with fan complaints while rebuilding then he shouldn't be the owner of a NY NFL franchise.

Archived