#24 is only collecting paychecks at this point

JetUp91

Revis is not the same as he was that is for sure. And, there seems to be a lack of focus and hustle that he used to have.  That being said, sometimes I wonder if many fans watch any other games. Or at least watch with the same eye of criticism as they watch the Jets. There is no longer a Revis Island, but what made that great was that the game has changed and holding these WRs to no catches just doesn't happen anymore. That is what made Revis special. Plus he could and would tackle (that is how he blew out his knee).

Clearly, he is not the same. He may not even be great anymore. But, watch other games. Good/Great/Elite get beat all of the time. Most DBs don't tackle either.

Should Revis have come into camp in shape? - absolutely. Is he the player he was before the injury or even 2 years ago? - absolutely not. Is he terrible? well, I don't thinks so.Let's also be honest, if you bench him, who do you replace him with? Skrine is hurt and is better suited for slot. Williams sucks except when playing in the dime packages. But yeah, let's dump Revis, maybe Milliner is available and healthy

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JetUp91 said:

If you've watched all 8 of our games and legitimately deemed Revis' play to be "fine" this season, you need your head examined.

I guarantee you didn't notice Revis from that play in Buffalo in the 1st half until yesterday.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

he rarely gets help, he's been fine this season.  

Then what is your definition of fine, because Revis has been anything but fine. He's so worried about getting smoked deep he leaves 10 yard cushions and then he looks tentative at best trying to make tackles.

11 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Then what is your definition of fine, because Revis has been anything but fine. He's so worried about getting smoked deep he leaves 10 yard cushions and then he looks tentative at best trying to make tackles.

he's certainly not Revis like but he's still a good corner.  the problem w/ the D has been poor coaching and lack of adjustments.  he was getting beat all 1st half(by a guy giving everyone fits this year by the way) and we finally made adjustments in the 2nd half and played well.

he's the least of our worries.

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I guarantee you didn't notice Revis from that play in Buffalo in the 1st half until yesterday.

The Chiefs, Seahawks, Steelers (he didn't play this game) and Cardinals were able to throw the ball wherever they wanted and have success. The only difference in those games was Revis wasn't picked on, which makes him look a little better. Baltimore has an atrocious passing game, so I'm not even going to include them in this.

Revis was routinely targeted in two games this year, by the Bengals and Browns. Absolutely torched in both games. Gave up what, 160 and a TD to AJ? Would've given up 160 and a TD yesterday against Pryor had McCown not missed him badly. Revis was smoked by like 3 steps on that play.

When he's been picked on this year, it's been hard to watch. He doesn't do anything right. He's not physical on the line of scrimmage anymore, he can't run with anybody anymore, he can't tackle anybody anymore.. and we're paying him 17 mill for that. And you're okay with it.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he's certainly not Revis like but he's still a good corner.  the problem w/ the D has been poor coaching and lack of adjustments.  he was getting beat all 1st half(by a guy giving everyone fits this year by the way) and we finally made adjustments in the 2nd half and played well.

His effort, or lack thereof, is a big worry because he's an elder statesman on the team and should be ashamed of those plays above. He may not have the speed he used to, but the lack of effort is disconcerting and for what he's being paid? It's akin to stealing. 

How often are we gonna make this excuse? "That receiver is giving everybody fits this year."

We're paying him 17 million so guys like Pryor DON'T give us fits. See how that works?

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Come on cut the rah rah sh*t Taylor! Year after this I go free agent. Plus me and my agent got a couple of plans for life after baseball. So I am not about to risk major injury or displace this property for a collection of stiffs!

Roger Dorn.  Nice.

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Yeah we controlled the ball on offense. He's not our biggest issue but he's from the least.

I'd rather have Ryan Fitzpatrick keep quarterbacking this team than move forward with Revis on this roster. Fitzpatrick was benched, and his first game back as the starter, he ran towards the first down marker, put his head down and took a brutal hit for his team to keep a drive alive. On just about every running play, he was throwing his body at defenders trying to lay blocks for his RBs.

In this case, we have two players who are underperforming and we're overpaying (Fitz and Revis). One of them actually cares about playing. The other doesn't.

13 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I see your Cb evals are on par with your Qb and coach evals, at least you are consistent.

13 minutes ago, JetUp91 said:

The Chiefs, Seahawks, Steelers (he didn't play this game) and Cardinals were able to throw the ball wherever they wanted and have success. The only difference in those games was Revis wasn't picked on, which makes him look a little better. Baltimore has an atrocious passing game, so I'm not even going to include them in this.

Revis was routinely targeted in two games this year, by the Bengals and Browns. Absolutely torched in both games. Gave up what, 160 and a TD to AJ? Would've given up 160 and a TD yesterday against Pryor had McCown not missed him badly. Revis was smoked by like 3 steps on that play.

When he's been picked on this year, it's been hard to watch. He doesn't do anything right. He's not physical on the line of scrimmage anymore, he can't run with anybody anymore, he can't tackle anybody anymore.. and we're paying him 17 mill for that. And you're okay with it.

they weren't throwing on revis.

2 minutes ago, JetUp91 said:

I'd rather have Ryan Fitzpatrick keep quarterbacking this team than move forward with Revis on this roster. Fitzpatrick was benched, and his first game back as the starter, he ran towards the first down marker, put his head down and took a brutal hit for his team to keep a drive alive. On just about every running play, he was throwing his body at defenders trying to lay blocks for his RBs.

In this case, we have two players who are underperforming and we're overpaying (Fitz and Revis). One of them actually cares about playing. The other doesn't.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is in a survival mode he's 1 INT away from a permanent benching he sucks so bad has has no choice but to play recklessly otherwise he'd be a lot worse of a QB. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I see your Cb evals are on par with your Qb and coach evals, at least you are consistent.

ahh, when you have nothing then just insult.  If I knew who you were or if your posts made any kind of impact on here maybe i'd comment about your past posts.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is in a survival mode he's 1 INT away from a permanent benching he sucks so bad has has no choice but to play recklessly otherwise he'd be a lot worse of a QB. 

My point is at least Fitz is giving effort. Revis isn't.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

they weren't throwing on revis.

Why only target Revis when everybody on the defense is getting smoked? No point in only targeting one corner when literally all of your receivers are running up and down the field wide open.

1 minute ago, JetUp91 said:

Why only target Revis when everybody on the defense is getting smoked? No point in only targeting one corner when literally all of your receivers are running up and down the field wide open.

the entire secondary has been awful all year so using that logic why did they throw on him week 1, the one play at Buf or yesterday in the 1st half?

Just now, JetUp91 said:

Exactly our secondary ranks amongst the worst in the NFL along with our LB's who cant cover either. 

I blame a lot of it on the schemes Rodgers is running he's Moron II 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick leads the NFL in INT's great effort. 

Don't mistake my post as cosigning Fitzpatrick. He's a worthless piece of garbage who will be off this team after this year, but I would absolutely rather have a guy who wants to go out there and play than a guy like Revis making 17 million a year just collecting paychecks.

Keep ignoring what Revis is doing though. That's exactly what he wants you to do.

Exactly our secondary ranks amongst the worst in the NFL along with our LB's who cant cover either. 

I blame a lot of it on the schemes Rodgers is running he's Moron II 

Bowles runs the defense.  he finally woke up at halftime yesterday, we need to see more of that.

Just now, JetUp91 said:

Don't mistake my post as cosigning Fitzpatrick. He's a worthless piece of garbage who will be off this team after this year, but I would absolutely rather have a guy who wants to go out there and play than a guy like Revis making 17 million a year just collecting paychecks.

Keep ignoring what Revis is doing though. That's exactly what he wants you to do.

Revis is part of a bad secondary he is our best CB 

the entire secondary has been awful all year so using that logic why did they throw on him week 1, the one play at Buf or yesterday in the 1st half?

It's been proven that when Revis is targeted often, he struggles mightily. There's no need to look any further than that.

Who helps Revis?

Aren't we paying him the same amount now that we paid him a few years ago when he was shutting down #1 receivers 1 on 1 every single week? Now you want to pay him that type of money and give him help?

Im able to say it I see how the other non-existent CB's are playing 

He's been just as bad as anyone else on this defense. Arguably worse. All while making 17 mill. Astounding that you have no problems with this.

Archived