#24 is only collecting paychecks at this point

JetUp91

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

They will cut him way before they think of playing him at safety at his salary. And good luck convincing revis to take a 50% pay cut ?

I don't think he'll be marketable and I'm not sure if he's guaranteed money next year. If the Jets have to pay him like 6 million next year they might have to keep him and try to rework his contract.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Maine Coon Cat said:

Nice try at a very warped rebutal. With your type of reasoning you continue the march to mediocrity of the Jet Fan Base.

all you had to say was that you have nothing to counter my post and moved along rather than wasting our time w/ such nonsense.

4 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

I don't think he'll be marketable and I'm not sure if he's guaranteed money next year. If the Jets have to pay him like 6 million next year they might have to keep him and try to rework his contract.

Cost jets 6 mil to cut him. May be worth it.. If he takes a 5 mil pay cut maybe they keep him. If he is going to be greedy cut him.. He won't command more than 10 mil 

49 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

I am hopeful what the Jets should do with Revis will be more clear one way or the other after they see what he does with the second half of the season.  Beyond that it is quite possible he might retire.  Not laying odds, but I am starting to think he knows his days are numbered.  Or more accurately may be numbered.  If he's honest with himself he knows what is the nature of the problem and how it feels.  Whether he feels optimistic about turning it around.  If he keeps playing like he did in the first half of the Browns game and in the last series, it will tell us he's just playing out the string. 

9 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

I am hopeful what the Jets should do with Revis will be more clear one way or the other after they see what he does with the second half of the season.  Beyond that it is quite possible he might retire.  Not laying odds, but I am starting to think he knows his days are numbered.  Or more accurately may be numbered.  If he's honest with himself he knows what is the nature of the problem and how it feels.  Whether he feels optimistic about turning it around.  If he keeps playing like he did in the first half of the Browns game and in the last series, it will tell us he's just playing out the string. 

If I had to make a prediction, we are going to see a very different Revis going forward.  He is proud and greedy (would not say team player) and he wants to be paid and not disrepected.  He is likely training hard after practice and his play has gotten a bit better, at least in coverage.   He will do everything in his power for the Jets not to cut him and at least use him as a CB2, if not for $17mm something much more than an other team would pay.

He will then show up in July 2017 out of shape again and we will do the same thing over again.  Interestingly, he did show signs of weakness during camp opposite Marshall, and people blew it off as rust/just practice.  His drop off was very evident in July/August.

Based upon how he reported, I would cut him. Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

12 minutes ago, varjet said:

If I had to make a prediction, we are going to see a very different Revis going forward.  He is proud and greedy (would not say team player) and he wants to be paid and not disrepected.  He is likely training hard after practice and his play has gotten a bit better, at least in coverage.   He will do everything in his power for the Jets not to cut him and at least use him as a CB2, if not for $17mm something much more than an other team would pay.

He will then show up in July 2017 out of shape again and we will do the same thing over again.  Interestingly, he did show signs of weakness during camp opposite Marshall, and people blew it off as rust/just practice.  His drop off was very evident in July/August.

Based upon how he reported, I would cut him. Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

I consider myself a realist, and that means not being reflexively optimistic, at the least.  But neither is it the same as cynicism. I think you are being somewhat too cynical.

I don't think this bit about showing up out of shape is any sort of pattern.  Most likely he felt limited by his wrist injury and did not do enough to alter his pre-camp training to address the situation.  After that I am somewhat at a loss to understand why the CS and trainers did not seem to do enough to get him ready, but once again the CBA restrictions on practices and the like may here again have been a factor.  In fact I do not recall any mention that Revis looked fat in camp.

More at issue at this point is, is he going to play all out or not, the rest of the way?  If he does and does not have any new injury, I don't see why we should expect a repeat of this year's situation.  If in the meantime they can redo his contract to a more acceptable level, they can see what he looks like at the beginning of camp and proceed accordingly. 

Of course that all will be moot if he plays like crap the rest of the year. 

54 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

I am hopeful what the Jets should do with Revis will be more clear one way or the other after they see what he does with the second half of the season.  Beyond that it is quite possible he might retire. 

.  Not laying odds, but I am starting to think he knows his days are numbered.  Or more accurately may be numbered.  If he's honest with himself he knows what is the nature of the problem and how it feels.  Whether he feels optimistic about turning it around.  If he keeps playing like he did in the first half of the Browns game and in the last series, it will tell us he's just playing out the string.

There is no chance revis retires.. I think he will find a second wind, even if he is cut. He will sign a 1 yr deal somewhere and come back top shape, so he can fool another team in signing him to a better deal for 18. Or maybe he starts moving to safety. He could be a good one. But not on this contract. 

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

i wasnt gonna but I am ..........so Revis is the only 1 collecting a paycheck?????  How about Todd Bowles hes been the worst head coach in the NFL this season how about Mike Maccagnan who put together probably one of the worst rosters in the NFL and drafted 3 players with the top 3 picks who arent even contributing to success here and are-signed a journeyman QB that no other team wanted and we vent our frustration towards Revis...........sheesh 

"Yeah but everyone else is doing it" doesn't fly

Revis is an all-time great who has played poorly this year.  He certainly deserves his fair share of the blame for the teams poor 2016 ... As do the others you mentioned & others you did not mention as well

there is a lot of "Put on your big boy pants ... Pull them up .. And get your $h*t together " that needs to happen in the back nine with this team ... How about our best player lead the way?

If you watched Revis last season you saw he was in trouble. I got killed on my site and on Twitter for saying it last year, but I thought it was similar to the Asomugha situation where you still saw teams giving a lot of respect and only taking a few chances and then would go and watch the tape and target him the next year until he proves them wrong. I dont think hes dogging it, he just isnt the same player. He was never the same level after his injury to be honest. Tampa realized it. The Patriots worked with him and no surprise let him walk. I think his wrist is also an issue because not only does he not trust his legs but he doesnt trust his ability to be physical at the line to try to throw the timing off. 

Revis is clearly angling for a move to safety. Hes doing interviews talking about how his body is breaking down. Hes mentioned the safety thing. Im sure at some point hell start talking about Charles Woodson. Plus he can do what he can to do an $11M a year contract and be the highest paid safety. If the Jets dont hold firm he knows he can probably get that. 

The one thing Revis is lucky about is that these young wide receivers are far more respectful of him than a young Revis was of veteran receivers. Revis at his peak in 2009 ripped on a few guys like Owens and Moss. The young guys could do the same to him but they are more interested in trading jerseys and taking photos after games. 

40 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

I'm fairly certain he retires at the end of the year.  We are not going to have to worry about restructure/cutting.  

Revis has always been about milking every drop of $ he can.  0 chance he pi$$es away minimum of at least 6 mil next year

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It's amazing how many dumb posts you can generate off of one video of one play.

Lol one play ? I wish.. I don't know what games you have been watching but he is far from the old revis.. That's ok, he just shouldn't be paid like the best cb  in the league if he is far from it , now. 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

I hope you are right.  Why are you so certain?  I'd like to be certain too.

The concussion film last year.  He was one of the more high profile players to attend the NY premier.  I remember him saying that the film and actually speaking to the real life doctor got to him a bit.  Put that together with the concussion he had last year and Brick retiring, just don't think he has the passion anymore.  A move to safety?  Don't think he has that type of speed and he'd have to come up from center field and hit people.   Not happening....

Just now, jmat321 said:

The concussion film last year.  He was one of the more high profile players to attend the NY premier.  I remember him saying that the film and actually speaking to the real life doctor got to him a bit.  Put that together with the concussion he had last year and Brick retiring, just don't think he has the passion anymore.  A move to safety?  Don't think he has that type of speed and he'd have to come up from center field and hit people.   Not happening....

Agree with all.  Thanks.

49 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol one play ? I wish.. I don't know what games you have been watching but he is far from the old revis.. That's ok, he just shouldn't be paid like the best cb  in the league if he is far from it , now. 

One play, that's what we're looking at.  He's had a handful of bad plays and some good play.  The only people who whine all whine about the money.  As if it's theirs and as if players contracts go up and down dependendong on how the produce fromyear to year and irregardless of what they've done in the past.

Riping into Revis has become the new pastime of some Jets fans.  It's embarrassing 

Archived