Fitz having MRI on knee Monday

Joe W. Namath

Just now, Stark said:

Honestly I don't care that they signed Fitz for $12 mil.. hell what if he played at the same level as last season? but..... at this point I will care if that is the reason they don't try something new ie... playing Petty. I don't really want to throw Hack out there this year, lets give petty the rest of the damn season and then we will know what we are dealing with this offseason, there won't be any QB questions. 

That $12 million could have been spent elsewhere improving this team. I care.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Fitz is going to sit.. this is the excuse they needed. Fitz is by far the worst qb in the league..

"He leads the league in interceptions (13) and ranks 32nd out of 32 starting quarterbacks in passer rating (67.6). In games where he’s attempted at least 28 passes, the Jets are 2-6 and scoring only 18.6 points per game."

God its so pathetic we need an "excuse" to bench Fitz instead of benching him based on performance.  Only the Jets...

Just now, JETSfaninNE said:

God its so pathetic we need an "excuse" to bench Fitz instead of benching him based on performance.  Only the Jets...

Agree Fitzpatrick go home its over you suck your career as a NY Jet is over 

Clean house Woody send Bowles and his staff packing as well along with Macc 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Nah I'm still in the Macc camp.  A lot of what he has done has starting bearing fruit.  Of course not all of it but a lot of the young guys have the talent.  I hate to be the guy that screams to fire the coach after 2 seasons but I have no love for Bowles and I'm finding it hard to find any optimism about him.  Everything about him from year 1 to year 2 has been 100x worse.  If they decided to flip the tea table and fire the whole CS after this season I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, I'd rather them do it if the plan is to do it next year anyway.  Lets get the young guys acclimated to another system if thats the case, hate to see some of them throw away 2 or 3 years of their rookie years changing systems next year, do it early but be damn sure of what you are doing.

Just now, JETSfaninNE said:

Nah I'm still in the Macc camp.  A lot of what he has done has starting bearing fruit.  Of course not all of it but a lot of the young guys have the talent.  I hate to be the guy that screams to fire the coach after 2 seasons but I have no love for Bowles and I'm finding it hard to find any optimism about him.  Everything about him from year 1 to year 2 has been 100x worse.  If they decided to flip the tea table and fire the whole CS after this season I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, I'd rather them do it if the plan is to do it next year anyway.  Lets get the young guys acclimated to another system if thats the case, hate to see some of them throw away 2 or 3 years of their rookie years changing systems next year, do it early but be damn sure of what you are doing.

Macc brings nothing to the table for me here there or anywhere. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Meanwhile, if the Jets special teams makes a single tackle the Jets win 23-20 and you are seeing a 4-0 run after a 1-5 start and are fantasizing of a 5-5 matchup with the New England Patriots on Sunday Night Football.

But your special teams lets you down and now we have to bench the quarterback, fire Todd Bowles, and fire Mike Maccagnan.

You drinking in the parking lots again?

SAR I

Bowles is flawed. He hasn't shown much despite having some legit talent on this team. He has digressed from last year. He makes poor choices, and can't even bench the worst starting QB in the NFL. He can go. Mac has shown some nice moves. Maybe he brings in his own guy and it helps. Toss Bowles though. Only upside to him, was the idea he'd bring us the Honey Badger, but clearly that won't happen now.

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Meanwhile, if the Jets special teams makes a single tackle the Jets win 23-20 and you are seeing a 4-0 run after a 1-5 start and are fantasizing of a 5-5 matchup with the New England Patriots on Sunday Night Football.

But your special teams lets you down and now we have to bench the quarterback, fire Todd Bowles, and fire Mike Maccagnan.

You drinking in the parking lots again?

SAR I

2 INT's 1 in the red zone instead of 6 points loses the game cant get to the red zone and settle for FG's and INT's a real QB doesn't allow this to happen. 

joewilly12

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

2 INT's 1 in the red zone instead of 6 points loses the game cant get to the red zone and settle for FG's and INT's a real QB doesn't allow this to happen. 

joewilly12

1 of his INT's didn't matter as we got the ball back immediately and he threw the blistering dart for the winning score (it should have been).  The second INT is as expected, he averages 2 INT every 3 games he plays.

Look, be angry all you want but start with 1) not blaming the quarterback and 2) not blaming the fans.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

1 of his INT's didn't matter as we got the ball back immediately and he threw the blistering dart for the winning score (it should have been).

Look, be angry all you want but start with 1) not blaming the quarterback and 2) not blaming the fans.

SAR I

ALL INT's matter Ryan Fitzpatrick leads the NFL in INT's and leads the NFL in trips to the red zone without scoring TD's he's too blame for the 3-6 season. 

Looking at injury reports this Sunday two linemen (JC Tretter, GB and Justin Pugh, NYG) both are expected to miss 3-4 weeks with an MCL sprain.

granted, there are different levels of sprain severity, maybe Fitz's is super minor. And there are Big Ben type of situations where they brace a dude up, shoot him with whatever and he plays (PIT lost 14-21 to BAL this weekend in that exact scenario). 

The fact that he needed an MRI at all wasn't positive. Older players don't usually heal fast (Nick Mangold). 

With the bye approaching, the chances of Fitz playing this week would seem long, even if he was playing well. 

The time is here, regardless of what the MRI says.  

Fitz got one more chance than the quality of his play deserved.

We are in all real-world circumstances, eliminated.

The time is here, Petty should start.

He won't tho, because NFL teams almost never pack it in till they are well and truly out.

So I expect if the MRI coms up neg. that we'll see Fitz 1-2 more weeks.  

Then, it's Petty's job to earn.

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Looking at injury reports this Sunday two linemen (JC Tretter, GB and Justin Pugh, NYG) both are expected to miss 3-4 weeks with an MCL sprain.

granted, there are different levels of sprain severity, maybe Fitz's is super minor. And there are Big Ben type of situations where they brace a dude up, shoot him with whatever and he plays (PIT lost 14-21 to BAL this weekend in that exact scenario). 

The fact that he needed an MRI at all wasn't positive. Older players don't usually heal fast (Nick Mangold). 

With the bye approaching, the chances of Fitz playing this week would seem long, even if he was playing well. 

Bowles will try like hell to get Fitzpatrick into one of these for game time. 

Image result for knee carts

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Bowles will try like hell to get Fitzpatrick into one of these for game time. 

Image result for knee carts

It's not a Todd Bowles conspiracy.

1) There are no better options 

Geno Smith was always a worthless POS. Bryce Petty was hurt for like the first month of the season. 

2) QB isn't a HC decision in this town. 

The reason why the Jets hire 1st time HC's isn't because Woody is cheap or because no one would come coach here. It's because the ownership and FO like to set the depth chart and "real" HC's don't put up with that garbage. 

The QB isn't a HC decision it wasn't under Rex when Idzik was running him out of town and it isn't under Bowles. 

2nd year head coaches in their first year on the job don't get to decide to bench the player that the owner signs weekly 750k$ checks.  

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

ALL INT's matter Ryan Fitzpatrick leads the NFL in INT's and leads the NFL in trips to the red zone without scoring TD's he's too blame for the 3-6 season. 

What I said in Week 4 still applies today-  the Kansas City game with 6 INT's was the exception, not the rule, an outlier.

No one likes interceptions.  But FItzpatrick is not one of our biggest problems.  Be mad at Chan Gailey.  I can get behind that.  Terrible playcalling.  Be mad at the special teams.  They cost us a couple of games this year.  Be mad at our secondary.  They can only play par football against league scrubs.  Be mad at our head coach.  He is losing the team.  Be mad at Richardson and Wilkerson and Revis and Smith and the other spoiled brats who don't try hard enough. 

There is so much hate to go around, put it where it belongs.  The journeyman quarterback is playing like he's supposed to.  Very few others are.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The time is here, regardless of what the MRI says.  

Fitz got one more chance than the quality of his play deserved.

We are in all real-world circumstances, eliminated.

The time is here, Petty should start.

He won't tho, because NFL teams almost never pack it in till they are well and truly out.

So I expect if the MRI coms up neg. that we'll see Fitz 1-2 more weeks.  

Then, it's Petty's job to earn.

MRI Came back with a MCL Sprain.  Bowles move...

I keep seeing people blame Bowles for the teams struggles on the field. I'm not a big fan of Bowles but I will defend him on a few points. 

-Very few people would have predicted the regression that Revis, and in correlation, the defense has shown. Revis played well last year, so did Skrine and Williams.  Nobody could have foresaw all 3 of them taking a step back. Thats not a coaching issue, thats a player issue. 

-Many people knew Fitz would not perform this year to the level he was at last year, including the front office.  That is why they wouldn't commit to a multi year contract and pay him the $16-18 million he was looking for. For sure, the best thing this FO did all year was not give in to Fitz's demands. So people thought it was likely he'd regress but not nearly as much as he has. There is probably 2-3 more wins this season that Fitz single-handedly lost. I'll give Bowles credit for going to Geno but where I fault him is now taking a hard line about Fitz starting after this last game. 

So with that being said its hard to blame a Head Coach when you're QB is literally and statistically the worst QB in the NFL. The fact that they have 3 wins now and would have 5 with average QB play says more about the coach then the secondary and Fitz's regression.   And lastly, even if they lose out, neither Bowles or Mac are getting fired. They have drafted 2 QB's that they are grooming in Gaileys offense and any change in leadership would throw that all away. They have at least another year. I'm praying that they're both here for a long time bc that means we would have found a a QB finally.

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What I said in Week 4 still applies today-  the Kansas City game with 6 INT's was the exception, not the rule, an outlier.

No one likes interceptions.  But FItzpatrick is not one of our biggest problems.  Be mad at Chan Gailey.  I can get behind that.  Terrible playcalling.  Be mad at the special teams.  They cost us a couple of games this year.  Be mad at our secondary.  They can only play par football against league scrubs.  Be mad at our head coach.  He is losing the team.  Be mad at Richardson and Wilkerson and Revis and Smith and the other spoiled brats who don't try hard enough. 

There is so much hate to go around, put it where it belongs.  The journeyman quarterback is playing like he's supposed to.  Very few others are.

SAR I

Totally disagree. 

Starting Petty would seem like a win-win for Bowles.  If Petty can win it improves  the W-L which is how HC's are evaluated.  If Petty sucks he can say "I told you so" and plant rumors in the NY media that he was forced by management to make the switch.

I don't see Fitz missing any time. He came back and played yesterday. And they said it isn't serious. Russell Wilson had the same injury (along with a sprained ankle) and he hasn't missed any time.

If Fitz can tough it out (which he can) he'll be starting next week

Just now, King P said:

I don't see Fitz missing any time. He came back and played yesterday. And they said it isn't serious. Russell Wilson had the same injury (along with a sprained ankle) and he hasn't missed any time.

If Fitz can tough it out (which he can) he'll be starting next week

God help us. 

23 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

MRI Came back with a MCL Sprain.  Bowles move...

He should sit.  Petty should start.  Bowles will not do it.

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

13 INT's.  

6 in one game.  

7 in the other 7 games.  A 16 INT Season pace.

Outside K.C., that's about what was expected tbh.

The lack of success in the red zone tho, is the killer.  Last year he converted.  This year he (and Forte) both suck fat tubemeat in the Red Zone.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He should sit.  Petty should start.  Bowles will not do it.

13 INT's.  

6 in one game.  

The lack of success in the red zone tho, is the killer.  Last year he converted.  This year he (and Forte) both suck fat tubemeat in the Red Zone.

SAR I got a hat and a lanyard and a coupon for a free pretzel so everything is excusable on the field. 

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I got a hat and a lanyard and a coupon for a free pretzel so everything is excusable on the field. 

Some of us understand that we are in Year 2 Game 9 of a 5-year rebuild and some of us are acting like we are 12 and got our iPhone taken away for a week because Snapchat*

SAR I

* That would be my daughter

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Some of us understand that we are in Year 2 Game 9 of a 5-year rebuild and some of us are acting like we are 12 and got our iPhone taken away for a week because Snapchat*

SAR I

* That would be my daughter

With all due respect this team went tp the AFC Championship game 2 years in a row 2009-2010 and according to you and as others say we won 10 games last season how the hell are we in a 5 year rebuild?  

Signing a 34 year old starting QB is not rebuilding anything, 

I have a bridge 4 sale and some swamp land in Florida 4 sale PM me for details we can make a deal tonight 

Really SAR I this has got to be your best excuse for this team all season. 

joewilly12

25 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Agreed.

I don't look at film, but it seems to be that it's as simple as the Decker injury.  Without another WR to step into his shoes and without another receiving target to run those posts and slants, they double Marshall and we have nowhere else to throw the ball.  Add to that the OL protection with Brick gone and Mangold out, add to that the misuse of Forte and the lousy play calling, you're basically left with the Jets having done nothing to help Fitzpatrick improve and a lot to see to it that he regresses.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Agreed.

I don't look at film, but it seems to be that it's as simple as the Decker injury.  Without another WR to step into his shoes and without another receiving target to run those posts and slants, they double Marshall and we have nowhere else to throw the ball.  Add to that the OL protection with Brick gone and Mangold out, add to that the misuse of Forte and the lousy play calling, you're basically left with the Jets having done nothing to help Fitzpatrick improve and a lot to see to it that he regresses.

SAR I

What has Ryan Fitzpatrick done to improve his game?  

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

With all due respect this team went tp the AFC Championship game 2 years in a row 2009-2010 and according to you and as others say we won 10 games last season how the hell are we in a 5 year rebuild?  

Signing a 34 year old starting QB is not rebuilding anything, 

I have a bridge 4 sale and some swamp land in Florida 4 sale PM me for details we can make a deal tonight 

Really SAR I this has got to be your best excuse for this team all season. 

joewilly12

Do some internet research on Ye Olde Rebuilding On The Fly and you'll understand.

We got significantly younger in a lot of places and have a lot of JAG's and older vets filling holes that John Idzik's lack of draft picks forced us into.  Maccagnan had to right the cap and right the draft, it couldn't be done in two years, nor would it be expected to.

The AFC Championship Games were achieved because the Parcells-To-Mangini period produced some real talent and it was augmented by a spend-happy owner and a GM who excelled at wooing free agents.  Last season's 10 win fluke was easy to forecast against, you were one of the few who foolishly had us pegged for 12 wins this year when the rest of us had us at 6-10 to 8-8.

Your disappointment is based on false perception.  No different than how you judge the PSL situation, fan loyalty, second-class citizenry, and all the rest.  I enjoy our debates, but you really just get it wrong and you make yourself sad.

SAR I

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Your disappointment is based on false perception.  No different than how you judge the PSL situation, fan loyalty, second-class citizenry, and all the rest.  I enjoy our debates, but you really just get it wrong and you make yourself sad.

SAR I

No I get it right and you just cant take it. 

joewilly12

Archived