Fitz having MRI on knee Monday

Joe W. Namath

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Certainly.  I'm trying to put myself in Todd Bowles and Woody Johnson's shoes knowing that we have 5 of our next 7 at home, 5 of those 7 winnable games against average opponents, and 3 of 4 on national TV on a Sunday, Monday, and Saturday at 8:30pm.

As a fan, I want to see Petty or Hackenberg for obvious reasons, need to know what we've got before the draft.

But as an owner and as a head coach, you have the ability to put up a good fight and potentially win 5 of your last 7 games, almost all at home, many on national TV, and have the chance to spoil Indianapolis, Miami, and Buffalo's playoff chances in front of the home crowd. 

So all I'm saying is that it's a tough spot for our front office.  To do the right thing for our future (Petty) it means humiliation on national TV and potential playoffs for the Bills or Dolphins.  To do the right thing for this year (Fitzpatrick) it means remaining competitive and ending the year on a high but providing no view into our kid quarterbacks.  I don't have the answer.  I don't know what they will do.  I have a hunch though, and you're not going to like the answer.

SAR I

Always do the right thing for YOUR team, and you'll never be wrong IMO.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

That's right.  Fitz is the worst starting qb in the entire NFL.  Even the Browns starter Cody Kessler I would take him over Fitz in a nanosecond.

I'd take a 90 year grandfather that uses a walker right now over Fitz. At least he might see a defender that is right I front of him. 

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

because he certainly doesn't watch it on Sunday

Nor does he watch his QB. He needed to consult with his assistants before benching Fitz? Lol, anyone with an ounce of football knowledge knew he needed to be benched

7 hours ago, drdetroit said:

That's right.  Fitz is the worst starting qb in the entire NFL.  Even the Browns starter Cody Kessler I would take him over Fitz in a nanosecond.

and that really sums it up for 2016, the Jets selected the one QB in the draft who can't push Fitz out of the starting line up (or Bowles won't let him)

8 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

I'm trying to follow your thought process as you contradict yourself in a single post.  

a) Petty needs 2 weeks of first team reps

b ) avoid rams defense

c) play petty in 2nd half vs. rams  'no joke' defense without any practice reps.   

I said two to three weeks, meaning he would split the reps with Fitz for Rams week. That makes point C moot. I didn't contradict myself, you just didn't understand. The only way he plays against the Rams is injury or ineffectiveness. That's why I said maybe. Not give it to him. 

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I want him benched because he played himself there. Not because of injury.

Absolutely. I want Bowles to have to admit that Fitz is no longer the man. Never, ever root for an injury to any player, no matter how strongly you feel about his performance.

Maybe this situation gives Bowles and co. an ideal situation.

You hedge your bets this week (publicly, anyway) about Fitz's injury / who's the starter. Give Petty the start anyway, and see how he does.

If he is horrendous, a healed up Fitz comes back after the bye and is our "best chance to win".

If he's awesome you have the option to stay with the "hot hand" who "gives the team a much needed spark".

Because, as HC, if you outright bench Fitz there is no going back; Bowles seems to be averse to this sort of decision. This 'injury' can give him a one game free trial of Petty without committing one way or the other.

And to be honest, if it gets Petty on the field for a full game, I'm all for it!!

13 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The guy has put his ass on the line for this team and even played injured yesterday. He did the same last season. And so-called Jets fans are rooting for him to be injured. This is pretty low. Even for them. 

Injured or not he sucks he does not give this team the best chance to win only our moron head coach believes that. 

19 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The guy has put his ass on the line for this team and even played injured yesterday. He did the same last season. And so-called Jets fans are rooting for him to be injured. This is pretty low. Even for them. 

I don't think anyone wants him hurt, certainly not me. I just don't him QBing my team anymore.

22 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I want Fitzpatrick to retire and go home to his wife and kids healthy goodbye thanks for nothing. He fooled many but not me. 

28 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Dont believe the hype.  Fitz comes in injured because he is an egotist wanting to prove himself.   Only a dope like Bowles continues to play him.  5 teams saw through his charade .....  he is not playing injured for the team, its pure selfishness.

Just now, southparkcpa said:

Dont believe the hype.  Fitz comes in injured because he is an egotist wanting to prove himself.   Only a dope like Bowles continues to play him.  5 teams saw through his charade .....  he is not playing injured for the team, its pure selfishness.

Dead on.  You see the sideline conversation between Petty and Fitz after Petty's "drive" ended?  Petty obviously asked Fitz if he was out.  Fitz looked almost annoyed and said something like "we'll see".  Guy is a friggin' putz.  After 12 years as a scrub, just can't seem to get it on so many levels.  Please Bowles, dunce, put the kid in.

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Dead on.  You see the sideline conversation between Petty and Fitz after Petty's "drive" ended?  Petty obviously asked Fitz if he was out.  Fitz looked almost annoyed and said something like "we'll see".  Guy is a friggin' putz.  After 12 years as a scrub, just can't seem to get it on so many levels.  Please Bowles, dunce, put the kid in.

Ryan Fitzpatrick has masqueraded hs way around the NFL for 12 years with 6 teams this off season no team had any interest in his services but our beloved NY Jets thought he was the best option for that I dont like Mike Maccagnan we had other options and he failed to use them. 

Sorry Mike let me buy you a coffee  as the door hits you in the ass. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick has masqueraded hs way around the NFL for 12 years with 6 teams this off season no team had any interest in his services but our beloved NY Jets thought he was the best option for that I dont like Mike Maccagnan we had other options and he failed to use them. 

Sorry Mike let me buy you a coffee on as the door hits you in the ass. 

I'll spring for the Danish.

10 hours ago, David Harris said:

You've overcompensated your contrarian rationalization.

Fitz objectively played poorly today and subjectively played terribly and gives us a low ceiling as well as a low floor.  Two bad interceptions, one to a DT and another red zone INT making his 5th this year in the red zone alone (worst in the NFL).  He has the worst QBR in the league.  He completely missed a wide open streaking Robbie Anderson in the first quarter - a gimme touchdown in the NFL.  And he does it all the time.  

Now I like the man, I like his grit, I love that he eats turf every game because he's trying hard but he is an anchor around this team's neck and in this era of limited OTA and TC reps he is monopolizing invaluable game day "experience."  Plus there's zero chance he's on the team next year.  Bowles is burying himself in the ashes of Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I agree completely with your analysis as to why he sucks, but yet again our journeyman is playing like he was expected to and the other areas of the team aren't.  Yesterday's game is right down the line of FItzpatrick's career stats.  Why anyone expected him to suddenly play brilliantly in his 34th year is beyond me.

I am now more concerned about Bryce Petty being rushed into a terrible situation, failing, and having an offseason that messes with his head.  To me, that's worse than letting Fitzpatrick get us to 6-10 and ending this miserable season.  We need to focus not on what becomes of this season but of what's best for Petty.  I don't have the answer.

SAR I

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the worst starting QB in the NFL. He missed a wide open Robbie Anderson for a TD on the 1st drive. He missed a wide open Brandon Marshall for a touchdown.

He threw an interception in the end zone when no Jet player was in the area and Quincy Enunwa was wide open underneath for a first down.

Film review won't be kind to Fitz when the Jets give him his grade.

He threw 2 INTs and had another fumble (or two) I forget. He should have had another fumble on a careless lateral that Bilal Powell saved him on.

Fitz didn't play well enough to win today. He played well enough for the Jets to lose. And that is what he has done every year of his career. Played well enough to not make the playoffs.

Again, I agree with everything you say.

But he did his job, he gave his defense a lead with 5 minutes left, and special teams blew the game.  I know if Fitzpatrick threw 5 touchdowns in the first half yesterday the KO return doesn't matter.  But that's a fantasy, that's not the QB we signed up for.

It's hard for me to point the finger of blame at Fitzpatrick when he played a gutsy game and fought us back to a lead with 5 minutes left. 

SAR I

40 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Injured or not he sucks he does not give this team the best chance to win only our moron head coach believes that. 

And what makes you think you know more about Bryce Petty's readiness than Chan Gailey does?

If the Jets FO thought Petty was the answer, they would have started him instead of Geno.  You realize that Petty is the third option, right?  Perhaps you should take what's going on at face value.  Petty isn't ready.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Again, I agree with everything you say.

But he did his job, he gave his defense a lead with 5 minutes left, and special teams blew the game.  I know if Fitzpatrick threw 5 touchdowns in the first half yesterday the KO return doesn't matter.  But that's a fantasy, that's not the QB we signed up for.

It's hard for me to point the finger of blame at Fitzpatrick when he played a gutsy game and fought us back to a lead with 5 minutes left. 

SAR I

He threw 2 INT's that were all his fault he cost us the game in case you arent following he leads the NFL in INT's he's not even a mediocre QB. 

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I agree completely with your analysis as to why he sucks, but yet again our journeyman is playing like he was expected to and the other areas of the team aren't.  Yesterday's game is right down the line of FItzpatrick's career stats.  Why anyone expected him to suddenly play brilliantly in his 34th year is beyond me.

I am now more concerned about Bryce Petty being rushed into a terrible situation, failing, and having an offseason that messes with his head.  To me, that's worse than letting Fitzpatrick get us to 6-10 and ending this miserable season.  We need to focus not on what becomes of this season but of what's best for Petty.  I don't have the answer.

SAR I

You know what the answer is...Petty plays, Fitz sits. Hey, that might be a tee-shirt. Seriously, what would be worse for Petty, play and take your lumps, or sit there with the notion that the coaches don't think you are better than a guy who throws 2-3 int's a game and kills your team? Talk about messing with a guy's head.

Just now, SAR I said:

And what makes you think you know more about Bryce Petty's readiness than Chan Gailey does?

If the Jets FO thought Petty was the answer, they would have started him instead of Geno.  You realize that Petty is the third option, right?  Perhaps you should take what's going on at face value.  Petty isn't ready.

SAR I

The Jets had 4 QB's on the roster season start no other team in the NFL did that so essentially you are saying the only one capable of starting in the NFL as QB is Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

If thats the case Woody Johnson better fire Macc and Bowles today do not pass go do not collect $200 show them the door. 

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Bowles and Gailey's hesitance to play Petty is , IMO, ego as well.  remember when Romo was put in and Parcells literally did everything he could to not play Romo.   These are pro's... Petty is ready or he is not. He has watched basically a season and a half.   These coach's are simply pussy's protecting their own record.  Bowles wants to be fired with a 500 record or try to stay above 500. he is not helping the team long term.

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Bowles and Gailey's hesitance to play Petty is , IMO, ego as well.  remember when Romo was put in and Parcells literally did everything he could to not play Romo.   These are pro's... Petty is ready or he is not. He has watched basically a season and a half.   These coach's are simply pussy's protecting their own record.  Bowles wants to be fired with a 500 record or try to stay above 500. he is not helping the team long term.

At this point I want to see Bowles fired on principal for being stubborn and sticking with Fitz along with his moron coaching skills or lack of. 

Fitzpatrick and Bowles need to be gone from the NY Jets organization. 

Just now, munchmemory said:

Thank you. lol  I know this, JW.  Just going for some reality-tinged humor.

Im as aggravated as the next guy no more passes for Bowles and Fitz enough is enough this organization will never be successful with players and coaches like these guys. 

11 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

You don't need film to see 13 interceptions and a 68 QB Rating.  

68 QB Rtg is the lowest in the NFL and to put that in perspective, Brooks Bollinger had a higher QB Rating in his 9 Jet games than Fitzpatrick is having this year.   

I agree, but what else am I to say to fans that have SEEN THE GAMES, yet say "Fitz gives us the best chance to win and we should wait until we're mathematically eliminated"? lol. it's crazy our here bro. 

Fitz can have this horrible of a season to the point that even Marshall is yelling at him on the sideline, and fans are still scared to try something different and make points such as the one above as if they know that for certain. Before Day Prescott walked on the cowboys field for live games you wouldn't have had many Cowboys fans say that he's a better option...but instead you would have heard how Romo gives the Boys the best chance to win...and in comparison,  Fitz has never been near as good as Romo. Point being, cowboys fans would have said that without seeing Dak actually perform in live games. Now that they have, I don't know 1 Cowboys fan requesting for Romo to return. 

We're talking about Ryan Fitztragic here....he can be replaced.

12 hours ago, King P said:

This. I don't wish injury on anybody

I don't wish injury on anyone either, but when your coach and GM seem oblivious to the glaring fact the Fitz is a stiff, that the Jets season is over, and that they need to see what they have in Petty and/or Hackenberg THIS year so they can move forward accordingly next year, we need all the help we can get to have these clowns pushed in the right direction.

Archived