Fitz having MRI on knee Monday

Joe W. Namath

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

The guy has put his ass on the line for this team and even played injured yesterday. He did the same last season. And so-called Jets fans are rooting for him to be injured. This is pretty low. Even for them. 

He only does that out of fear of losing his job, not because he's so tough. If he had that kind of job security he probably sits out. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

He threw 2 INT's that were all his fault he cost us the game in case you arent following he leads the NFL in INT's he's not even a mediocre QB. 

Did the quarterback lead the Jets back from a deficit and provide a 23-20 lead with 5:00 minutes left?

And you realize that the TD pass he threw was a direct result of the muffed punt which came after his endzone INT, yes?  It's not like we would have gotten both TD's.  The TD he threw with 5 minutes left is the same one that was an INT two minutes earlier, he more than atoned for that sin.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Did the quarterback lead the Jets back from a deficit and provide a 23-20 lead with 5:00 minutes left?

And you realize that the TD pass he threw was a direct result of the muffed punt which came after his endzone INT, yes?  It's not like we would have gotten both TD's.  The TD he threw with 5 minutes left is the same one that was an INT two minutes earlier, he more than atoned for that sin.

SAR I

What about the rest of the day in the red zone?  What about the missed wide open WR's. Stop defending whats wrong with the Jets. 

He leads the NFL in INT's we are 3-6 mainly because of bad QB play and a moron head coach

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Again, I agree with everything you say.

But he did his job, he gave his defense a lead with 5 minutes left, and special teams blew the game.  I know if Fitzpatrick threw 5 touchdowns in the first half yesterday the KO return doesn't matter.  But that's a fantasy, that's not the QB we signed up for.

It's hard for me to point the finger of blame at Fitzpatrick when he played a gutsy game and fought us back to a lead with 5 minutes left. 

SAR I

Sorry, I have to disagree with you on this. The team lost because all three aspects of the game.

1. ST - that one is obvious

2. Offense - sure they were behind after the TD, but with only 5 minutes left in the game, they ran the game clock down ran the ball 2 times up the middle and then needed to throw on 3rd and long. Maybe a little energy; maybe a little bit more than overly conservative play and we have a shot. They played like they didn't realize that they were behind and that they were sitting on a lead.

3. Defense - forget that the D had a sure fire INT (and maybe a pick six that would have swung the score by 10), but with 2 minutes on the clock, when you knew Miami was going to run, we gave up 2 big runs (and a stupid a** PI call on a ball that wasn't going to get a first anyway - can't we ever cover TEs?). The great Jets run D couldn't stop a team from running, when everyone in the planet knew Miami was going to run. They just wanted it more. I know it was hot and they were tired, but no excuse for giving up two 1st downs.

4 minutes ago, jbt said:

now i have to figure out what I will be doing next Sunday instead of watching this train wreck

It DOES give the Jets a way out. They can say he needs to heal up and move to Petty (and hopefully never go back). 

But if the deciding factor is whether he can actually play or not, I don't see how an MCL is game altering for Fitz.

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Dead on.  You see the sideline conversation between Petty and Fitz after Petty's "drive" ended?  Petty obviously asked Fitz if he was out.  Fitz looked almost annoyed and said something like "we'll see".  Guy is a friggin' putz.  After 12 years as a scrub, just can't seem to get it on so many levels.  Please Bowles, dunce, put the kid in.

Petty also laughed at something during this conversation.  So either Fitz was being poker face funny, or Petty was laughing at the ridiculousness of what he was saying.

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Wesley Johnson hasn't played that bad. I think at this late stage of his career Mangold is vastly overrated.

Mangold might not physically be what he once was, but he's still the leader of that offense. He is a savvy vet who is a master of calling out the protections. He's literally the only guy on the roster that can effectively read a defense. He'd be an enormous help to a young QB.

11 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Mangold might not physically be what he once was, but he's still the leader of that offense. He is a savvy vet who is a master of calling out the protections. He's literally the only guy on the roster that can effectively read a defense. He'd be an enormous help to a young QB.

Exactly what good is knowing who too block if you can't block them ? 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

What about the rest of the day in the red zone?  What about the missed wide open WR's. Stop defending whats wrong with the Jets. 

He leads the NFL in INT's we are 3-6 mainly because of bad QB play and a moron head coach

I agree that our redzone performance is pitiful and if Fitzpatrick were a better QB he would have converted. 

Then again, we were one of the top teams in redzone performance last year, so what changed?  Could it be that without Decker that Marshall is getting doubled?  Could it be that without Mangold and D'Brick there is a lot more pressure?  Could it be that without Ivory beasting we have a smaller and less imposing running threat?  Could it be that we played much harder teams these first 9 weeks?

He leads the NFL in INT's because of one bad game.  That's not a statistic you need to concern yourself with.

I say this not to defend Fitzpatrick but to point out that Petty may find the same problems and do no better.

SAR I

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

Sorry, I have to disagree with you on this. The team lost because all three aspects of the game.

1. ST - that one is obvious

2. Offense - sure they were behind after the TD, but with only 5 minutes left in the game, they ran the game clock down ran the ball 2 times up the middle and then needed to throw on 3rd and long. Maybe a little energy; maybe a little bit more than overly conservative play and we have a shot. They played like they didn't realize that they were behind and that they were sitting on a lead.

3. Defense - forget that the D had a sure fire INT (and maybe a pick six that would have swung the score by 10), but with 2 minutes on the clock, when you knew Miami was going to run, we gave up 2 big runs (and a stupid a** PI call on a ball that wasn't going to get a first anyway - can't we ever cover TEs?). The great Jets run D couldn't stop a team from running, when everyone in the planet knew Miami was going to run. They just wanted it more. I know it was hot and they were tired, but no excuse for giving up two 1st downs.

I agree, again, with all of this.  But despite all the issues on offense and defense and QB and RB and coaching....

We played a 5 minute game yesterday and were handicapped a 3 point lead.  Our special teams then blew the game and then our OC called lousy plays and we lost.

SAR I

1 hour ago, jbt said:

now i have to figure out what I will be doing next Sunday instead of watching this train wreck

The Jets will be on a 3-1 run after Sunday, should have been 4-0 if not for special teams blowing the game.

Tell me, what more did you want after 1-5 than to be back at 5-5?  Because if not for special teams, that's exactly what you would have had, that's the exact effort they gave.  Show up and support the team.

SAR I

3 hours ago, section314 said:

You know what the answer is...Petty plays, Fitz sits. Hey, that might be a tee-shirt. Seriously, what would be worse for Petty, play and take your lumps, or sit there with the notion that the coaches don't think you are better than a guy who throws 2-3 int's a game and kills your team? Talk about messing with a guy's head.

Imagine how Geno was feeling watching this horror show every week?  I wasn't crazy about his sideline antics but I can definitely understand them.   Now Petty is saying, "Wow, I can't do any worse than this guy and he has been in the league 12 years!"

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I agree that our redzone performance is pitiful and if Fitzpatrick were a better QB he would have converted. 

Then again, we were one of the top teams in redzone performance last year, so what changed?  Could it be that without Decker that Marshall is getting doubled?  Could it be that without Mangold and D'Brick there is a lot more pressure?  Could it be that without Ivory beasting we have a smaller and less imposing running threat?  Could it be that we played much harder teams these first 9 weeks?

He leads the NFL in INT's because of one bad game.  That's not a statistic you need to concern yourself with.

I say this not to defend Fitzpatrick but to point out that Petty may find the same problems and do no better.

SAR I

What changed?  Really?  Lets see maybe its this year we are playing real teams of the NFL. 

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Guess it'll depend on degree of sprain  

48-La4Vw_normal.jpg Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
#Giants OL Justin Pugh has a knee sprain, per coach Ben McAdoo. I’m told this MCL sprain will likely keep him out 3-4 wks. Looked much worse

This is a perfect reason or excuse depending on how you look at things to see what Petty has and dress Hack as the backup. 

Lets move forward with the QB position.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

This is a perfect reason or excuse depending on how you look at things to see what Petty has and dress Hack as the backup. 

Lets move forward with the QB position.

I am not sure for his reasoning, but Bowles seems scared as hell to play Petty. He shouldn't need any more reasons. Its like, uh hey Todd.... Season is basically over. Lets get some damn evaluation on Petty so we don't waste another damn season on this F*ing QB hunt charade.

Bowles knows that if he goes 3-13 he is getting fired. He thinks (perhaps wrongfully) that Fitz can squeeze him out a few games.

He knows that Petty has some lingering injury and does not want him to get hurt more and be out next year.  The OL is a career killer.

Woody either told him or implied that since he is paying Fitz $12mm, he needs to play him.  Given the Jets structure, I don't see Bowles saying that if that was not what Woody agreed what the deal was.

Maybe the Jets have gotten smart and are trying to tank the season.

14 minutes ago, Stark said:

I am not sure for his reasoning, but Bowles seems scared as hell to play Petty. He shouldn't need any more reasons. Its like, uh hey Todd.... Season is basically over. Lets get some damn evaluation on Petty so we don't waste another damn season on this F*ing QB hunt charade.

I posted in another thread my conspiracy theory is Macc gave Fitzpatrick $12million if Geno,Petty or Hack outplay Fitz Macc looks like a fool GM Woody Johnson sees this and fires Macc.

16 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Absurd comment. Mangold can't block now?

Have you watched him play the past two seasons. His body is so banged up he has problems moving effectively. He has a hard time pulling and gets dominated versus ordinary Dlinemen. Listen I love Mangold and what he was for this team, but every player's time comes to an end and I fear Mangold is nearing his.

Fitz is going to sit.. this is the excuse they needed. Fitz is by far the worst qb in the league..

"He leads the league in interceptions (13) and ranks 32nd out of 32 starting quarterbacks in passer rating (67.6). In games where he’s attempted at least 28 passes, the Jets are 2-6 and scoring only 18.6 points per game."

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Fitz is going to sit.. this is the excuse they needed. Fitz is by far the worst qb in the league..

"He leads the league in interceptions (13) and ranks 32nd out of 32 starting quarterbacks in passer rating (67.6). In games where he’s attempted at least 28 passes, the Jets are 2-6 and scoring only 18.6 points per game."

Sits is too good they should cut him. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

I posted in another thread my conspiracy theory is Macc gave Fitzpatrick $12million if Geno,Petty or Hack outplay Fitz Macc looks like a fool GM Woody Johnson sees this and fires Macc.

Honestly I don't care that they signed Fitz for $12 mil.. hell what if he played at the same level as last season? but..... at this point I will care if that is the reason they don't try something new ie... playing Petty. I don't really want to throw Hack out there this year, lets give petty the rest of the damn season and then we will know what we are dealing with this offseason, there won't be any QB questions. 

Archived