Fitz having MRI on knee Monday

Joe W. Namath

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What has Ryan Fitzpatrick done to improve his game?  

He's one year older and he's still playing.  I believe that covers it.

The question is:  Why did you think a 34 year old journeyman on his 6th team in 11 years would play better than he did historically?

The other question is:  Why do you not hold our defense to the same standard when they are young and full of potential?

SAR I

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SAR I said:

The question is:  Why did you think a 34 year old journeyman on his 6th team in 11 years would play better than he did historically?

The other question is:  Why do you not hold our defense to the same standard when they are young and full of potential?

SAR I

The defense is poorly coached and the schemes they play are Pop Warner level teams have prepared for the all out blitz Bowles isn't the mastermind of it. 

Our offense fails us miserably game after game at least the D tries to keep us  in games. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick is a stiff he's got the weakest arm  in the NFL if he's the best QB on the roster Macc should be fired tonight. 

25 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You are happy?  You are happy that we are 3-6 and we have the worst starting QB in the NFL 

Wow those trinkets did buy you. 

No, I'm happy enough with the rest of my life not to let the Jets failures make me this crazy every time we lose a game.

SAR I

18 hours ago, SAR I said:

Certainly.  I'm trying to put myself in Todd Bowles and Woody Johnson's shoes knowing that we have 5 of our next 7 at home, 5 of those 7 winnable games against average opponents, and 3 of 4 on national TV on a Sunday, Monday, and Saturday at 8:30pm.

As a fan, I want to see Petty or Hackenberg for obvious reasons, need to know what we've got before the draft.

But as an owner and as a head coach, you have the ability to put up a good fight and potentially win 5 of your last 7 games, almost all at home, many on national TV, and have the chance to spoil Indianapolis, Miami, and Buffalo's playoff chances in front of the home crowd. 

So all I'm saying is that it's a tough spot for our front office.  To do the right thing for our future (Petty) it means humiliation on national TV and potential playoffs for the Bills or Dolphins.  To do the right thing for this year (Fitzpatrick) it means remaining competitive and ending the year on a high but providing no view into our kid quarterbacks.  I don't have the answer.  I don't know what they will do.  I have a hunch though, and you're not going to like the answer.

SAR I

Fitz Is Playing BELOW rookie QB level. There is no reason to believe that Petty can't be at least as good. I suspect he wpuld significantly raise the level of QB play.

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Fitz Is Playing BELOW rookie QB level. There is no reason to believe that Petty can't be at least as good. I suspect he wpuld significantly raise the level of QB play.

I pray you're right, but if our front office is any indication, he's not.

Over on the glass-half-empty side for a moment, with four quarterbacks the Jets didn't cut Geno, they didn't start Petty ahead of Geno, they drafted Hackenberg in the second round, and they didn't leave Petty in yesterday.

At face value, all indications are that Bryce Petty isn't good.

SAR I

57 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

It's easy to blame the 12 million dollar man. The real disappointment is with this defensive line.

THEY'VE FAILED TO DOMINATE. 

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I pray you're right, but if our front office is any indication, he's not.

Over on the glass-half-empty side for a moment, with four quarterbacks the Jets didn't cut Geno, they didn't start Petty ahead of Geno, they drafted Hackenberg in the second round, and they didn't leave Petty in yesterday.

At face value, all indications are that Bryce Petty isn't good.

SAR I

I see differently because I see them not wanting to play him with our issues as protecting him so as not to damage him. If anything the indication we have are null but if you look at him from last year to this year he has improved

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Some of us understand that we are in Year 2 Game 9 of a 5-year rebuild and some of us are acting like we are 12 and got our iPhone taken away for a week because Snapchat*

SAR I

* That would be my daughter

So they are rebuilding why start Fitz? Petty may not be any "good" but how do we know? Why start a journeyman QB on a rebuilding team when he most likely will not be resigned? Doesn't it make sense to see what the team has in any of the young QB's be it Petty or Hack? They have to see what they have in order to start laying the foundation for next season. The fact is this team has a lot of Vet's on Offense so I don't see the rebuilding angle you are talking about. They will probably sign a FA QB in the off-season because of the amount of veterans at skill positions on offense. If not they have to blow it all up and that means Marshall, Forte, and all the rest are gone and they start all over again. Probably also means that Bowles and Mac are gone as well. That is if they are "rebuilding" as you say.

Archived