Had to LOL at this Bowles quote from today's presser

AFJF

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, NoBowles said:

I liked Sanchez in 09 and 10, but Rex and Soprano destroyed him, I don't think he can ever recover from 12, it was the QB equivalent of death by firing squad, Rex and Tony S pulling the triggers. Rex started it in 11, and the two of them finished him off in 12.

Stop. Sanchez never progressed - EVER! He was an interception machine and still is, don't try to re-write history.

56 minutes ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

Stop. Sanchez never progressed - EVER! He was an interception machine and still is, don't try to re-write history.

Thank you. The Sanchez apologists are a funny group. The guy is still a sh*tty QB. 

9 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Said it in another thread, he has the courage of one's convictions. Does not care what the media or fans think of him, he's going to do it his way.

Every thread I open states Bowles and/or Gailey are buffoons, morons. But come on, these guys have forgotten more about football than any of us will ever know. 

Everything is relative. Of course they know about football than we do, so did Kotite. So does every failed HC and GM. What exactly is your point? That because Bowles knows more about football than me that we should keep him for 10 years? 

There are in game decisions, that are objectively awful. So i don't care if he is stoic in his press conferences. All i care about is the teams performance and the team's performance this year has been bad, mistake riddled and unmotivated. Sure he knows more football than me, but does he know more than the coaches he faces week in and week out? From what I've seen, the answer is a resounding NO. 

19 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I wonder... is there a bit of passive/aggressive cat and mouse going on between Mac and Bowles right now?

Mac had that quote about how Bowles was "going to be" a good coach, implying he isn't currently.

This may be an extremely subtle way of Bowles saying, "my GM has given me 5+ TE and none of them can play". The less subtle message being sent right now, that nobody seems to be acknowledging is that Bowles keeps going to Fitz... which could be Bowles just being stupid and stubborn, but could also be a way of putting out there, "my GM has drafted 2 QB, but this is the only worthwhile guy we have to play QB". 

One has to imagine that with the honeymoon period being over, and the horrible peer-to-peer model Woody uses for GM and coach, that the jockeying for position and optics is happening on some level. With Rex it was always so obvious it was disgusting. Here, it seems more subtle and methodical. Almost like background noise.

The structure of the organization will ultimately lead to finger pointing. It is only natural to defend ones self when reporting to ownership. This is going to end badly for one of these guys, I only hope that Bowles is the one that goes. I do think Mac reached blindly for Hackenberg which will only extend the Jets second round curse. I believe that Bowles will hold Petty back for spite and to make Mac look bad.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes he would be. 

No if he was on our roster the same people crying about Fitzpatrick would be crying about Sanchez saying things like " as bad as he is Fitzpatrick would be the best qb on our team"

he sucks as does Fitzpatrick, one doesn't suck less. They both suck

Just now, Ex-Rex said:

The structure of the organization will ultimately lead to finger pointing. It is only natural to defend ones self when reporting to ownership. This is going to end badly for one of these guys, I only hope that Bowles is the one that goes. I do think Mac reached blindly for Hackenberg which will only extend the Jets second round curse. I believe that Bowles will hold Petty back for spite and to make Mac look bad.

Charlie casselerly ( wrecked his name there) was on the Michael kay show and said that the football teams he was associated with all were the same way. Everyone reports to the owner. Said it was nowhere near baseball where there was the proverbial ladder. Basically said something like a RF is an RF in baseball but in football due to schemes a player is not the same on every team. So everyone has an input to team construction. Difference is the GM is leaned on to evaluate the coach 

10 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Everything is relative. Of course they know about football than we do, so did Kotite. So does every failed HC and GM. What exactly is your point? That because Bowles knows more about football than me that we should keep him for 10 years? 

There are in game decisions, that are objectively awful. So i don't care if he is stoic in his press conferences. All i care about is the teams performance and the team's performance this year has been bad, mistake riddled and unmotivated. Sure he knows more football than me, but does he know more than the coaches he faces week in and week out? From what I've seen, the answer is a resounding NO. 

That is the only point that counts. He is consistently outcoached game in and game out. I couldn't care less that he "sticks to his guns" when his gun is often not even loaded.

4 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I think he would be by far. Fitz sucks a$$, and both Petty and Hackenberg haven't shown their readiness.

You think so cause he isn't our QB, if he was on this team he would suck as he would on any team just as much as Fitzpatrick. 

The young-ens aren't ready and that's ok.....for now 

3 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Charlie casselerly ( wrecked his name there) was on the Michael kay show and said that the football teams he was associated with all were the same way. Everyone reports to the owner. Said it was nowhere near baseball where there was the proverbial ladder. Basically said something like a RF is an RF in baseball but in football due to schemes a player is not the same on every team. So everyone has an input to team construction. Difference is the GM is leaned on to evaluate the coach 

The difference is that with most OTHER football teams the owner actually knows a little about football where Woody knows about talcum powder and band aids and how to take Jets fans money most effectively.

3 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

That is the only point that counts. He is consistently outcoached game in and game out. I couldn't care less that he "sticks to his guns" when his gun is often not even loaded.

Can't argue with you there. Only hope is that the game plans are being so under played 

2 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

The difference is that with most OTHER football teams the owner actually knows a little about football where Woody knows about talcum powder and band aids and how to take Jets fans money most effectively.

Funny up until this year that's what everyone used to say about jerry jones

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

Funny up until this year that's what everyone used to say about jerry jones

Jones is the defacto GM for Dallas. They have a winning record since he bought the franchise and barring injuries to key players are almost always in the mix to win at least a div title.The Jets can only wish they had a GM that has guided the team to a winning record and 3 SB wins.

9 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Jones is the defacto GM for Dallas. They have a winning record since he bought the franchise and barring injuries to key players are almost always in the mix to win at least a div title.The Jets can only wish they had a GM that has guided the team to a winning record and 3 SB wins.

Yet when they were losing for numerous years he was considered a meddling owner that no good coach would work for. 

The jets don't have the worst owner in the history of sports or the worst coach in the history of football like some would like you to think. What we do have terrible play at the qb position on top of bad play pretty much everywhere else on the field. 

I am not a woody Johnson fan or hater. But the woe is me shctick amongst jet fans is old and tired, fix the qb situation and watch how everything else all of sudden seems peachy

21 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Said it in another thread, he has the courage of one's convictions. Does not care what the media or fans think of him, he's going to do it his way.

Every thread I open states Bowles and/or Gailey are buffoons, morons. But come on, these guys have forgotten more about football than any of us will ever know. 

Like how to utilize TEs and how to keep their leaders accountable?

He has no convictions...just behaviors he repeats whether they are successful or not.

26 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Yet when they were losing for numerous years he was considered a meddling owner that no good coach would work for. 

The jets don't have the worst owner in the history of sports or the worst coach in the history of football like some would like you to think. What we do have terrible play at the qb position on top of bad play pretty much everywhere else on the field. 

I am not a woody Johnson fan or hater. But the woe is me shctick amongst jet fans is old and tired, fix the qb situation and watch how everything else all of sudden seems peachy

Fixing the QB play would help. But there are other issues as well...the QB, like the owner, is not the end-all be-all of a successful football team.

26 minutes ago, phill1c said:

Fixing the QB play would help. But there are other issues as well...the QB, like the owner, is not the end-all be-all of a successful football team.

Of course but we are dumb to say so.

24 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Agreed but the qb is like a new paint job on an old car. Hides a lot of faults 

You mean like Green Bay, New Orleans??

23 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

The captain of the Titanic had similar qualities. 

21 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

It's amazing that people can believe that we have "terrible play at QB and everywhere else on the field" and that has nothing to do with management.

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

It's amazing that people can believe that we have "terrible play at QB and everywhere else on the field" and that has nothing to do with management.

It's amazing that we won 10 games with the back QB the previous year with the same management, see it works both ways, another bad season or two after this and yes management needs to be changed but after this season it should stay status quo

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

It's amazing that we won 10 games with the back QB the previous year with the same management, see it works both ways, another bad season or two after this and yes management needs to be changed but after this season it should stay status quo

Oh last year? You mean another wasted season where we didn't make the playoffs, despite having the easiest schedule in the league.

It doesn't work both ways. This team sucks and continually sucks. There is no sustained track record of success. Period. 

28 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Oh last year? You mean another wasted season where we didn't make the playoffs, despite having the easiest schedule in the league.

It doesn't work both ways. This team sucks and continually sucks. There is no sustained track record of success. Period. 

Yes last year when they won 10 games and didn't make the playoffs. Exactly. 

Archived