Patriots fans invade MetLife Stadium!!!!!!!

joewilly12

Meh, put a competitive/competent team out there and the fans will show up. 

I think STH will still try to recoup some money in big games - but agree that those seats will be more likely to go to Jets fans if we're rolling.

In the late 90s, a lot of Knicks STH sold their first round playoff tixx, some even round 2. Rationale was, if they get upset in round 1 I don't need to see that, and I can pay for my whole season in those few games. Of course those seats were filled with Knicks fans (including yours truly) anyway.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OH THE PAIN said:

The resale market is the problem ; before STUBHUB and others , fans usually kept their tickets and went to games ; now , they treat their tickets as investments . CHANGE IS BAD .

You are correct-  the resale market is what easily puts enemy fans in home stadiums.

But it's not as some 'investment'.  It merely allows a season ticket holder to recoup some money for games he can't attend.  No one gets rich off of this practice, most times we lose money, hope to break even at the end of the season on those specific games.

SAR I

3 hours ago, OH THE PAIN said:

From Gary Myers in the New York Daily News ... If that wasn’t bad enough, Jets fans sold off enough of their tickets to Patriots Nation that the scoreboard operator had to work overtime with piped in noise to get the Gang Green loyalists jacked up during stoppages in play.

If Woody didn't start the crappy PSL system , which ran most of the loyal Jet fans out of the building , crap like this wouldn't be happening so much . IT'S ON YOU WOODY !! 

It happens at EVERY stadium.  You should hear Gillette when the Jets are up there.  You should hear Fenway when the Yankees are in town.

Hint:  Stop acting oppressed and you won't be.

SAR I

6 hours ago, Tinstar said:

You do realize that as long as the tickets are sold, the owner could care less who buys them . The only people that will be offended are the real Jet fans who would never sell their tickets or turn on their own team

As a "real" Jets fan I have news for you:  It is close to impossible for a father of four with a career to attend all 10 home games. 

Between business trips, hockey tournaments, baseball tryouts, and games on school nights, the typical season ticket holder is lucky if he can get to 6 or 7 games.  Seeing that all of us partake in the Stubhub process to recoup some money, none of us are offended.  And since the buyers on Stubhub are completely anonymous, none of us get particularly upset when the buyers are enemy fans, older fans, younger fans, behaved fans, or unruly fans.  We are understand it's what needs to be done on occasion, we are all in this together.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What exactly does that mean?

You had the opportunity to buy seats at half price and occupy locations with Jets cheers instead of Patriots cheers on Sunday and you chose not to.

You quit then, you quit now.  If only you would stop complaining about yourself.  "Not enough Jets fans show up!" you say from your couch.  Enough.  Show up or shut up.

SAR I

SAR I Im not wasting my time anymore with you on this subject you know my feelings. 

I never sold out regardless of the Jets record, opponent,weather,game time we werent allowed to sell tickets remember you were warned if you sell your ticket and the person in the seat causes trouble you will lose them. 

That was enough for me I only gave them to trustworthy family friends who were Jets fans. 

No opposing teams fan ever sat in my seat because I sold out. 

joewilly12

9 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Just talked to my neighbor who has been a season ticket holder since 1978 he says and I quote "yesterday was the worst day as a Jets fan to see all those opposing teams fans in our stadium I have never seen this in my entire lifetime as a season ticket holder". 

He's a diehard lifelong fan with no agenda but the Jets being a successful team. 

Wake the hell  up Woody Johnson and fix this mess!!!!!!

Wake the hell up joewilly12 and get your ass to the stadium!!!!!

If you and the 30,000 other disloyal old-time Giants Stadium quitters decide to buy half-price tickets on Stubhub, problem solved.

Heed your own advice.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

If you and the 30,000 other disloyal old-time Giants Stadium quitters decide to buy half-price tickets on Stubhub, problem solved.

Heed your own advice.

SAR I

I refuse to waste my money, time and energy attending games as long as Ryan Fitzpatrick is the QB and Todd Bowles is the head coach once the jets finally clean things up if I'm still alive I will be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might even buy a few PSL's.

joewilly12 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I Im not wasting my time anymore with you on this subject you know my feelings. 

I never sold out regardless of the Jets record, opponent,weather,game time we werent allowed to sell tickets remember you were warned if you sell your ticket and the person in the seat causes trouble you will lose them. 

That was enough for me I only gave them to trustworthy family friends who were Jets fans. 

You know what, I appreciate your loyalty, I truly do.

So from now on, for games I can't attend, for my 4 seats plus parking, I am going to let you pay me face value of $555.00, I'm going to send you the PDF's for those seats, and then you can do nothing with them but take the great Jets pride that comes from preventing opposing fans in our building.

I am currently unable to attend the Colts, Dolphins, or Bills games.  Please give me an email address for which I can send a PayPal invoice for $1,665.00. 

This is so nice of you.  What a great fan you are.  You aren't a sell-out.  If you can't go, give these seats to trustworthy family friends.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

So from now on, for games I can't attend, for my 4 seats plus parking, I am going to let you give me $555.00, I'm going to send you the PDF's for those seats, and then you can do nothing with them but take the great Jets pride that comes from preventing opposing fans in our building.

I am currently unable to attend the Colts, Dolphins, or Bills games.  Please give me an email address for which I can send a PayPal invoice for $1,665.00. 

This is so nice of you.  What a great fan you are.  You aren't a sell-out.  If you can't go, give these seats to trustworthy family friends.

SAR I

I didn't sign up for that remember I don't own PSL's you signed up for it big difference. 

I donate enough money to charity and to good causes especially during the holiday seasons. 

Im good you finish what you started. 

Dont be a quitter or a sell out.

joewilly12 

On 11/27/2016 at 10:57 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Totally. Before the days of PSLs, Jets fans used to show up in droves and go nuts no matter the season. I remember when we went 1-15 and those December games still sounded like the Big House. 

Because the Baby Boomers were into getting away from their wives, listening to bad music, and getting piss drunk with other badly dressed dudes.

Those days are over.  Most of them are in their 60s and 70s now, regretting all the wasted weekends they could have been sober.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I didn't sign up for that remember I don't own PSL's you signed up for it big difference. 

I donate enough money to charity and to good causes especially during the holiday seasons. 

Im good you finish what you started. 

Dont be a quitter or a sell out.

joewilly12 

You will buy my tickets.  Face value, no gouging.  It's the right thing to do.  You can give them to your Jets fans neighbors for free, feel like a big man, just like the old days.

PM me your PayPal address so I can send you an invoice.  I'm not eating $1,550.00 between now and New Year's Eve.  You will.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You will buy my tickets.  Face value, no gouging.  It's the right thing to do.  You can give them to your Jets fans neighbors for free, feel like a big man, just like the old days.

PM me your PayPal address so I can send you an invoice.  I'm not eating $1,550.00 between now and New Year's Eve.  You will.

SAR I

Finish what you started you are under contract im not dont be a quitter, no one likes a quitter you say this all the time. 

Im gonna buy you a pair of these (see pic below) for Christmas and mail them to you to wear to the last home game. 

PM me your address its the least I could do for a dedicated diehard fan like you who supports the team every game win or lose, rain or shine. 

Image result for ny jets mens  zubaz pants pics

23 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I was there with other fans who supported the team win or lose. 

I never sold out. 

Sure you did.

You had seats in the old place, stuck with the team without a PSL for the first two years, and then ran for the hills once the AFC Championship runs stopped and the team returned to mediocre.

That's not only the very definition of a "sell out", but it's also the very definition of a "fair weather fan".  Your next act will be as a "bandwagon jumper" when the Jets turn the corner and are good again.

It's sickening enough to watch yourself do this.  But then attacking paying customers during this downturn?  It's despicable.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So from now on, for games I can't attend, for my 4 seats plus parking, I am going to let you pay me face value of $555.00, I'm going to send you the PDF's for those seats, and then you can do nothing with them but take the great Jets pride that comes from preventing opposing fans in our building.

SAR I

Why even bother continuing to bicker with such idiotic haggard blow-hards who are SO CLOSE to senility that this is the ONLY place in their lives (i.e., NOT the REAL world, but a Jets fan forum) where they feel some type of validation?

I have come to realize that CLEARLY there is a divide between Jets fans: Those who had it once and no longer have it now (usually the fans who are vehemently against PSLs due to their lack of financial wherewithal, still cite their personal childhood of seeing Namath win it all back when firehoses were the preferred anti-riot tool, or just mouth-breathers who are malcontents) and the modern Jets STH who can AFFORD tix and recognizes that STH are an entertainment expense and don't represent some identifying credo like if you were drafted into some army. 

Stop baiting and arguing with these morons. 

23 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

All Jets fans unlike today we didnt have the internet to sell tickets we werent allowed to sell tickets...

This is my favorite part of your argument.

For years, people screamed how PSL's are bad for fans, are too expensive, are a fleecing of the fanbase, are a rip off, how Woody Johnson should be ashamed of himself for the cash grab.  And on and on.  PSL's are the devil because they hurt fans with high prices they shouldn't have to pay.

Stubhub allows these very fans you care so much about to recoup some money.  And now that's bad?

Please get your arguments in order.  It's bad enough you are your own disappointment as it's your voice that's missing, your butt that's not in a seat, you allowing enemy fans to get half price tickets on Stubhub.  Now you have to be a hypocrite with the money too?

Shame on you.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Sure you did.

You had seats in the old place, stuck with the team without a PSL for the first two years, and then ran for the hills once the AFC Championship runs stopped and the team returned to mediocre.

That's not only the very definition of a "sell out", but it's also the very definition of a "fair weather fan".  Your next act will be as a "bandwagon jumper" when the Jets turn the corner and are good again.

It's sickening enough to watch yourself do this.  But then attacking paying customers during this downturn?  It's despicable.

SAR I

No attack you are rudely mistaken. 

i support your investment with the 3-8 NY Jets if it werent for fans like you well never mind...... 

Dont be bitter SAR I life is too short its only money you would have wasted it elsewhere if not on those PSL's. 

I had a 23 year run and never sold a game too bad you cant say the same. 

Arent we all paying customers I still buy merchandise I paid the Jets for 23 years no payment plans no selling tickets I paid my dues. 

Will you be able to say the same. 

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Heed your own advice.

SAR I

the DOLT is to dense to realize that PSLs and the internet (which has saved him from the alternative lonely existence of sitting on bus benches as the days pass on by and forces the rest of the board to endure his idiotic senile ramblings) have made it EASIER and CHEAPER to attend a Jets game live than the GLORY DAYS of must-see Jets football that lasted through the 70s, 80s, 90s, and right up to FINALLY the Jets not being a tenant in their "home" stadium. It's the NY metropolitan area, so roommates are typical.

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sure you did.

SAR I

G09Wj.gif

Just now, The Crusher said:

Very well could be. It was given to me by the IT angel who put our new network in the office. " She said you will always everything you need as long as you have this." To be honest I got a little stiff. 

My neighbor isn't an IT guy so it cant be him......

I can't make Jets Colts due to work obligation. Just gave away my 2 seats and the parking pass to a good friend of my wife and her husband.  He's a Cowboys fan, and she doesn't care but they have no kids and like going to live games every now and then.

I hope this doesn't make me a sell out, non fan, or whatever. I think it makes me human and perhaps lazy.  Wife's friend and her husband happy makes my wife happy makes me happy. Plus I didn't even have to take the time to list on stubhub (which, granted, takes just a couple minutes. But still).

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

No attack you are rudely mistaken. 

i support your investment with the 3-8 NY Jets if it werent for fans like you well never mind...... 

Dont be bitter SAR I life is too short its only money you would have wasted it elsewhere if not on those PSL's. 

I had a 23 year run and never sold a game too bad you cant say the same. 

Arent we all paying customers I still buy merchandise I paid the Jets for 23 years no payment plans no selling tickets I paid my dues. 

Will you be able to say the same. 

You think that receiving $0 for scores of tickets in 23 years is some badge of honor.

Yet my spending $16,000 for PSL's to attend games for 30 years is a sign of shame.

Read Bizarro Superman much as a kid?

If you add it all up, put it into a cost of living comparator, you and I spent about the same amount of money.  Only I used it to build something and you used it to burn it down.

SAR I

Finish what you started you are under contract im not dont be a quitter, no one likes a quitter you say this all the time. 

Im gonna buy you a pair of these (see pic below) for Christmas and mail them to you to wear to the last home game. 

PM me your address its the least I could do for a dedicated diehard fan like you who supports the team every game win or lose, rain or shine.

I don't know what they were in the old days, but season tickets today are all about control.

Loyal Jets fans who have them today decide who gets to go and who doesn't, what games we choose to attend and which ones we'll let a lucky few obtain.  Yeah, we get to sit next to the same guys each game and, yeah, we get cool necklaces to hold our awesome scan badges, but in the end we like the fact that we get to f-ck with those who don't have tickets.  It's part of the whole waitlist vengeance thing. 

Watch Gladiator, you'll understand.

SAR I

9 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

And if we thought yesterday was bad. Wait until the Sat night game vs the Dolphags there will be more teal & orange in that stadium then a gay disco. 

No, there will have been more Pats fans than Dolphins fans.  There will be Fins fans, but not as bad as what we saw on Sunday.

joewilly12

My name is JW12 and I:

1. Used to be the best fan in the stadium

2. Will PM Max complaining about being called out over calling out other Jets fans

No, there will have been more Pats fans than Dolphins fans.  There will be Fins fans, but not as bad as what we saw on Sunday.

Won't even be close.

There are far more pats "fans" on their frontrunner bandwagon these days, people who never even heard of the Pats until 2001

This used to be true of Dolphin "fans" too but their bandwagon lost all 8 wheels when Dan and Don jumped off and they haven't been able to sell out Sun Life/Landshark/Joe Robbie or whatever it's called this week in decades

Archived