Patriots fans invade MetLife Stadium!!!!!!!

joewilly12

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'll take Sh*t The Didn't Happen for $800, Alex.

Dude what are you trying to prove here?  Why would i lie it actually happened theres proof. I have neighbors there other season ticket holders other than yourself who arent satisfied with the current situation. 

So is Rutgers being 3-10 your problem or what?

I have a fix.

You've chosen to ignore content by RutgersJetFan.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How Patriots fans took over MetLife Stadium

By the end of the Patriots’ 22-17 win over the Jets on Sunday, MetLife Stadium felt like Gillette Stadium South.

Patriots fans invaded East Rutherford for the game, and they took over at the end of the game, when the outcome was decided, chanting, “Brady, Brady!” as New England ran out the clock.

“It’s tough,” Jets wide receiver Quincy Enunwa said. “I know, as a fan, it’s hard to support when your team’s not playing the way you want it to. I don’t blame them, but at the same time, it would be great if we could have more of our fans in our home stadium.”

There were tons of Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski jerseys all over the stadium. It’s hard to blame Jets fans who sold off their tickets to this one rather than watching the now 3-8 Jets lose another game.

“We all understand this is a business,” wide receiver Brandon Marshall said. “When you lose, you’re gonna hear the boo birds. People are gonna be disappointed. They spend a lot of money to come watch us play. We know these fans are really passionate, and they want to win. It’s been a long time since they’ve had a winner. So you understand that because it’s a part of the business. It comes with it when you’re not doing your job and not winning games. It’s gonna be a rough year.”

The Jets being putrid certainly has a lot to do with it, but I think the whole price structure, coupled with the ease of selling tickets, plays a bigger part than some think. I'll be curious to see what happens in a season where a division rival comes to town headed to a 12- or 13-win season and division title, and the Jets are still in good shape for a wildcard. I think you'll still see a good bit of sell-off, and hear the opponents fans loud and clear.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Just talked to my neighbor who has been a season ticket holder since 1978 he says and I quote "yesterday was the worst day as a Jets fan to see all those opposing teams fans in our stadium I have never seen this in my entire lifetime as a season ticket holder". 

He's a diehard lifelong fan with no agenda but the Jets being a successful team. 

Wake the hell  up Woody Johnson and fix this mess!!!!!!

Then he certainly hasn't been at any of the recent Steelers games where the home crowd was truly outnumbered.

Lots of Pats fans yesterday , but nothing like the terrible towel infestation. 

38 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Why were the rules changed that you werent allowed to sell your tickets and if you did and someone sat in your seats with the ticket stub and violated any stadium rules you lost your season tickets. 

Still exists if you sell on the secondary market or simply give them away. If you use the team sponsored site your responsibility is waived.  

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Then he certainly hasn't been at any of the recent Steelers games where the home crowd was truly outnumbered.

I don't think you're in any position to say what Joseph's imaginary neighbor has or hasn't done.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

So is Rutgers being 3-10 your problem or what?

I hate to tell you but even Rutgers tickets are a better value than the Jets right now.  Even at 3-10 and getting shut out multiple times.

No PS, no PSL.

When their Big 10 rivals come to town, i.e. Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, their alumni spend a fortune on tickets on the secondary market.  

Absolutely correct

Steelers was the worst

And in the old Giant craphole that joewhiny12 thinks was the greatest right down to its huge blue GIANTS signs there were Raiders games and Cowboys games much worse.

And of course that famous Eagles game in 1996 with an announced crowd of 31000 or so of which at least 29000 were Eagles fans

But joewhiny12 thinks ALL problems started with Maccagnan and Bowles ...and has posted his line of bull about 4000 times this season

The rest of his masterpieces are paeans to the team he really loves...his New England Patriots and Coach Belichick and his dreamboat Tom (and the 8 extra Patriot players on the field each week wearing striped shirts)

15 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Just called him and read him the post he says in his opinion yesterdays Patriots crowd was the largest he's seen in his tenure as a season ticket holder he missed the Pittsburgh snow game he said.

3 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Absolutely correct

Steelers was the worst

And in the old Giant craphole that joewhiny12 thinks was the greatest right down to its huge blue GIANTS signs there were Raiders games and Cowboys games much worse.

And of course that famous Eagles game in 1996 with an announced crowd of 31000 or so of which at least 29000 were Eagles fans

But joewhiny12 thinks ALL problems started with Maccagnan and Bowles ...and has posted his line of bull about 4000 times this season

The rest of his masterpieces are paeans to the team he really loves...his New England Patriots and Coach Belichick and his dreamboat Tom (and the 8 extra Patriot players on the field each week wearing striped shirts)

Please learn how to spell for starters....then learn to put words together to state your claim....otherwise you are the whiny clueless fan and poster. 

You post nothing of any value in my opinion. 

Im going to fix it for you and me. 

You've chosen to ignore content by JetFanWithNOPSL2017

Add 3 more orange and teal gay colors to the lower level.

My Jets-Dolphin Saturday night tix just sold on stubhub and undoubtedly to a Dolphin fan because they went for way too high a price.  Do I feel bad putting more opposing fans in the bowl?  LOL.  I'm so so guilt ridden that I'm suicidal over it.  :rolleyes:

Put a better product on the field and the fans will be there.  Continue to try to dupe us into falsely believing that this roster and coaching staff are any good, then be prepared for an army of opposing fans cheering for the opposing tem right under Woody's box, hopefully.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

My Jets-Dolphin Saturday night tix just sold on stubhub and undoubtedly to a Dolphin fan because they went for way too high a price.  Do I feel bad putting more opposing fans in the bowl?  LOL.  I'm so so guilt ridden that I'm suicidal over it.  :rolleyes:

Put a better product on the field and the fans will be there.  Continue to try to dupe us into falsely believing that this roster and coaching staff are any good, then be prepared for an army of opposing fans cheering for the opposing tem right under Woody's box, hopefully.

I support and applaud your decision. Unlike others you do not make excuses or antagonize the board by posting continually how you have invested in the team and have earned your seats and you shoved out all the blue collar burping and farting drunk and obnoxious fans. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Just called him and read him the post he says in his opinion yesterdays Patriots crowd was the largest he's seen in his tenure as a season ticket holder he missed the Pittsburgh snow game he said.

Snow game wasn't that bad as there weren't many of either fans, The last few Steelers games and actually the 49ers game I thought were much worse, for a few reasons. 1) Yesterday was the end of a holiday weekend so lot's of people traveling on both sides  2) teams like the Steelers, Pack , 49ers  don't usually play either the Jets or Giants so the local fan sees it as a novelty ticket , whereas Pats fans see us all the time and probably felt yesterday would be a  laugher and not worth the travel hassle.  

20 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The devil didn't make you do it.

The Jets did.

End of story.

51 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

You do realize that as long as the tickets are sold, the owner could care less who buys them . The only people that will be offended are the real Jet fans who would never sell their tickets or turn on their own team

Here is an opinion from a troll. I have not seen this Jets team as often as I have seen Jets teams in the past.

I think that there is enough talent on this team on both sides of the ball. If you can get a QB to play within the offense and not force or turn the ball over, it should not take much to turn things around.

However I  am glad that the Patriots did not try to keep Revis for near the $  he was looking for. I thought he was adequate the year that he played for the Patriots and it looks like he's gone down hill from there.

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

You do realize that as long as the tickets are sold, the owner could care less who buys them . The only people that will be offended are the real Jet fans who would never sell their tickets or turn on their own team

Nonsense. Sure Woody wants to make sure he gets that ticket revenue first and foremost.. but if you think it doesn't bother him to see a sea of Pats fans in his co-owned stadium, then you are delusional.  

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

And you are proud of this  ? Ain't no Jet fan here .

Nonsense. Sure Woody wants to make sure he gets that ticket revenue first and foremost.. but if you think it doesn't bother him to see a sea of Pats fans in his co-owned stadium, then you are delusional.  

This. He's always said he is a Jets fan, on that level alone it's got to be embarrassing - then add the fact that he should be able to do something about it.

From Gary Myers in the New York Daily News ... If that wasn’t bad enough, Jets fans sold off enough of their tickets to Patriots Nation that the scoreboard operator had to work overtime with piped in noise to get the Gang Green loyalists jacked up during stoppages in play.

If Woody didn't start the crappy PSL system , which ran most of the loyal Jet fans out of the building , crap like this wouldn't be happening so much . IT'S ON YOU WOODY !! 

3 minutes ago, isired said:

This. He's always said he is a Jets fan, on that level alone it's got to be embarrassing - then add the fact that he should be able to do something about it.

They have been practicing 6 days a week since July.

I know Bowles and his staff put in alot of time.

Woody, like the rest of us, must be astonished we are this bad.

25 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

From Gary Myers in the New York Daily News ... If that wasn’t bad enough, Jets fans sold off enough of their tickets to Patriots Nation that the scoreboard operator had to work overtime with piped in noise to get the Gang Green loyalists jacked up during stoppages in play.

If Woody didn't start the crappy PSL system , which ran most of the loyal Jet fans out of the building , crap like this wouldn't be happening so much . IT'S ON YOU WOODY !! 

I disagree, if it wasn't PSL's the excuse would be higher ticket prices, the stadium not being  in NYC,  the parking lot's the concessions etc etc etc....

If a fan truly wants to go to the game , there are plenty of seats available on the resale market and at a discount to PSL prices. Bottom line fans don't come for many reasons - the advent of HDTV and fantasy sports , the mindset of today's millenial generation , but first and foremost most casual fans will only stick with winners, if the Jets turn into a perennial playoff contender the seats will be filled again with many more Jet fans but the days of the true loyal sports fan is going the way of the dodo bird. 

39 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I disagree, if it wasn't PSL's the excuse would be higher ticket prices, the stadium not being  in NYC,  the parking lot's the concessions etc etc etc....

If a fan truly wants to go to the game , there are plenty of seats available on the resale market and at a discount to PSL prices. Bottom line fans don't come for many reasons - the advent of HDTV and fantasy sports , the mindset of today's millenial generation , but first and foremost most casual fans will only stick with winners, if the Jets turn into a perennial playoff contender the seats will be filled again with many more Jet fans but the days of the true loyal sports fan is going the way of the dodo bird. 

The resale market is the problem ; before STUBHUB and others , fans usually kept their tickets and went to games ; now , they treat their tickets as investments . CHANGE IS BAD .

My First Hand Experience At MetLife Stadium Yesterday For The Patriots Vs. Jets Game

IMG_3148-e1480372205684.jpg?resize=620%2

Caitlin Pereira

Caitlin Pereira

Caitlin just recently joined the OTM Sports team where she will be contributing from time to time

It did not go unnoticed that Patriots Nation came out to MetLife Stadium in full force last night! I have been to my fair share of NFL games, and I can’t remember a time when so many fans from the opposing team were in attendance.

Upon entering the stadium, there were quite a few Tom Brady jerseys to be seen, but the noise that erupted during the 2nd quarter when Malcom Butler punched out and recovered the football clearly revealed just how many New England faithfuls were on hand. The same reaction resulted when Alan Branch blocked Nick Folk’s 54-yard field goal attempt later that quarter. In those moments, it almost felt as if the Jets were the ones on the road, and that theme remained constant through the evening.

As the game was a nail biter, neither fan base exited early – that is until the Patriots had clearly wrapped up the win when the defense came up clutch with another fumble recovery with less than two minutes left in the game. As sullen Jets fans made their way to the parking lot, all that was left was a fabulous sea of red and blue, cheering on Brady as he casually walked onto the field after earning his 200th career win.

During a majority of the time it took to find the car, the air was filled with chants of “P-A-T-S, Pats, Pats, Pats,” and “Brady, Brady, Brady…”, but the best scene may have been the New England crowd immediately outside the main entrance to the stadium serenading one another with an enthusiastic rendition of “Sweet Caroline.” Even in the frosty November breeze, and with a four-hour drive looming for many fans, there still was no question that, “good times never seemed so good.”

They have been practicing 6 days a week since July.
I know Bowles and his staff put in alot of time.
Woody, like the rest of us, must be astonished we are this bad.
I guess they have to work smarter, not longer and harder.

But seriously, they had kind of a perfect storm conspiring against them this year. Most felt that if their talent played to expectations, they were going to have a tough time equaling last year with this the schedule. Add to that Fitz reverting to Fitz, Revis retiring- err, slowing down - Brick retiring, Mangold fighting injury and missing games, Decker out, etc. But I think with this price structure, fans will try to recover $ in big games unless the team is really, really doing well.
That's how it works with the Knicks - non-corporate STH dump seats when they're bad, but there are plenty of Knicks fans to buy them up. Football is just a harder sell to less serious fans I guess, more of an undertaking.

On 11/27/2016 at 10:00 PM, joewilly12 said:

It is a big deal it shows that all the dedicated diehard fans who invested  in this team buying PSL's who are supposed to be in their seats every week win or lose regardless of the weather..... SOLD OUT to Patriots fans yet we continue to hear us non-season ticket holders or former season ticket holders how dedicated they are.....and we quit i MAY HAVE QUIT BUT I NEVER SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

What exactly does that mean?

You had the opportunity to buy seats at half price and occupy locations with Jets cheers instead of Patriots cheers on Sunday and you chose not to.

You quit then, you quit now.  If only you would stop complaining about yourself.  "Not enough Jets fans show up!" you say from your couch.  Enough.  Show up or shut up.

SAR I

Archived