Patriots fans invade MetLife Stadium!!!!!!!

joewilly12

What did Jets think of Patriots fans invading MetLife Stadium, chanting for Tom Brady?

Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.comBy Darryl Slater | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com 
Email the author | Follow on Twitter 
on November 27, 2016 at 8:48 PM, updated November 27, 2016 at 9:10 PM

EAST RUTHERFORD -- Near the end of Sunday's 22-17 Patriots win at the Jets, the chants rang out in MetLife Stadium: "Brady! Brady!" 

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady had done it to the Jets again, engineering a nine-play, 83-yard touchdown drive that put the Patriots up 22-17 with 1:56 remaining in the game. The touchdown was an 8-yard Brady pass to Malcolm Mitchell. 

The Jets are now 3-8 this season, while the Patriots are 9-2. Brady on Sunday got his 200th win as a starting quarterback, tied with Peyton Manning for most ever. 

There were a bunch of Patriots fans at MetLife Stadium on Sunday. What did the Jets' players think of that, and of the "Brady!" chants near the end of the game? 

"It's tough, but I know as a fan, it's hard to support when your team is not playing the way you want them to," said wide receiver Quincy Enunwa. "I don't blame them. But at the same time, it would be great if we could have more of our fans in our home stadium." 

Jets keep or dump for 2017

Jets keep or dump for 2017

An early primer.

Cornerback Buster Skrine gave Brady credit for what he did (again) Sunday. Brady now has 58 career fourth quarter/overtime, game-winning scoring drives, including regular season and playoffs.

Brady is third on the regular season in this category, behind Manning (56) and Dan Marino (51). Including playoffs, Manning's number is 58, while Marino's is 55. 

"Tom Brady is one of the most clutch of all time," Skrine said. "Yeah, it's tough to hear that at our stadium, but he's one of the best of all time. So I give him the respect he deserves to get chanted 'Brady' at the end of the game." 

The Patriots are well on their way to winning their 14th AFC East title in the past 16 years with Brady, including their eighth consecutive division championship. New England has a two-game lead over the Dolphins in the division race, and has already defeated Miami in the teams' lone meeting so far. 

The Jets, meanwhile, almost certainly will miss the playoffs for the sixth straight year. So wide receiver Brandon Marshall understands why Jets fans aren't showing up to watch this team. 

"Our fans are disappointed," Marshall said. "They want a winner. We want to deliver, but we haven't. People are paying a lot of money. They don't want to pay a lot of money to see us not finish games. It just comes with the territory.

"We all understand this is the business. Last year, people were crowning us kings, and it felt good getting applauded at Knicks games and Rangers games, getting free steaks. And when you lose, you're going to get the boo birds. People are going to be disappointed.

"We know that this market, this team, these fans are really passionate and they want to win. It's been a long time since we've had a winner. You understand that, because it's a part of the business. When you're not doing your job and you're not winning games, it's going to be a rough year." 

Darryl Slater may be reached at dslater@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @DarrylSlater. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

big deal.

It is a big deal it shows that all the dedicated diehard fans who invested  in this team buying PSL's who are supposed to be in their seats every week win or lose regardless of the weather..... SOLD OUT to Patriots fans yet we continue to hear us non-season ticket holders or former season ticket holders how dedicated they are.....and we quit i MAY HAVE QUIT BUT I NEVER SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

It was obscene how loud the chant was at Met Life.  I was totally disgusting to hear that chant in the stadium and down the exit ramps.

It was NOT Jets fan being their cynical selves and chanting "Brady". It was 20 - 30 thousand young energetic Patriot fans.

Sucks

Just End The Season.

Just now, BRONX DUDE said:

It was obscene how loud the chant was at Met Life.  I was totally disgusting to hear that chant in the stadium and down the exit ramps.

It was NOT Jets fan being their cynical selves and chanting "Brady". It was 20 - 30 thousand young energetic Patriot fans.

Sucks

Just End The Season.

I hope Woody Johnson and Mike Maccagnan heard it loud and clear!!!!!!!!

-e815225f3f714c3d.JPG                                                                                                                                                       "Hey Tom can you get me back on the Patriots next year? "ffffffinally willing to play s

.year?  Tell Bill I am willing to play safety at a discount. It sucks here"

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

Actually I find it more of an indictment of Jets fans than it is the team.

Disagree Jets fans have had enough of this bullsh*t nonsense this organization is clearly one of the worst in sports, fans are disgusted of the same old Jets names change but the results stay the same. 

I stand by my statement.

So do I 3-8 proves my point. 

1. American Football Conference 
  2. National Football Conference 
#
AFC East
W
L
T
PCT
PF
PA
HOME
ROAD
STRK

3-2-0
6-0-0
W2

5-1-0
2-3-0
W6

3-2-0
3-3-0
W2

1-4-0
2-4-0
L3

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So do I 3-8 proves my point. 

1. American Football Conference 
  2. National Football Conference 
#
AFC East
W
L
T
PCT
PF
PA
HOME
ROAD
STRK

3-2-0
6-0-0
W2

5-1-0
2-3-0
W6

3-2-0
3-3-0
W2

1-4-0
2-4-0
L3

No it doesn't.  I know what there record is.  This team sucked before Mac & Bowles got here, give them some time to improve.  I know in your world a new regime has to win the Super Bowl in a year or they should get fired.

No it doesn't.  I know what there record is.  This team sucked before Mac & Bowles got here, give them some time to improve.  I know in your world a new regime has to win the Super Bowl in a year or they should get fired.

We arent a competitive football team thats a fact we are the laughing stock of the NFL. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

We arent a competitive football team thats a fact we are the laughing stock of the NFL. 

I know we were in 2014 also.  I'm not condemning Bowles till he has a QB.  He won 10 games last year with a QB you say sucks,  So I guess he is a pretty good coach. As for me, the jury is out on Bowles, I feel he should get another season.  As for Mac, I think he needs time to build this team.

I know we were in 2014 also.  I'm not condemning Bowles till he has a QB.  He won 10 games last year with a QB you say sucks,  So I guess he is a pretty good coach. As for me, the jury is out on Bowles, I feel he should get another season.  As for Mac, I think he needs time to build this team.

Hello we had the easiest schedule in the NFL in 2015. 

With all those Patriots fans in the crowd no PSL owner better not dare tell me how dedicated they are and how they replaced fans who didnt deserve their season tickets in all my 23 years of being a former season ticket holder I have never seen that many opposing teams fans at a Jets home game, 

Hey Quincy i want our defense to get a stop on third down when the game is on the line, but we don't always get what we want.

I see the players waving their arms and trying to pump up the ground between plays. You know what would work? Making a gosh darn stop. That would definitely bring the crowd into the game. But allowing third down conversion after third down conversion takes the wind out of our sails every time. 

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

If Woody has any brains he won't! You have a give an administration a reasonable amount of time to succeed. You can't clean house every other year!

Macc has failed us in many ways....Bowles and his coaching staff fails us every game....I think Woody has enough failure to make a decision. 

Im hoping Bowles is fired on what the NFL calls Black Monday so the healing can start for all Jets fans. 

Macc should pick his own head coach I'm on the fence with him remaining here because of the Fitzpatrick decision..

Just now, JoeC36 said:

Hey Quincy i want our defense to get a stop on third down when the game is on the line, but we don't always get what we want.

I see the players waving their arms and trying to pump up the ground between plays. You know what would work? Making a gosh darn stop. That would definitely bring the crowd into the game. But allowing third down conversion after third down conversion takes the wind out of our sails every time. 

How about don't go 3-7? If you want resellers to not sell their season tickets to Pats fans and Jets fans to fill the seats, win. 

Also worth noting for those up on their ivory tower; the resale market is what allows us to travel for away games. It works both ways.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc has failed us in many ways....Bowles and his coaching staff fails us every game....I think Woody has enough failure to make a decision. 

Im hoping Bowles is fired on what the NFL calls Black Monday so the healing can start for all Jets fans. 

Macc should pick his own head coach I'm on the fence with him remaining here because of the Fitzpatrick decision..

Lets just agree to disagree.  However, I do agree that the HC should report to the GM.  In the Jets organization they both report to Woody.

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Worst Fans in the NFL.

No way.  this fan base has been beaten battered and humiliated for decades.  they've been priced out, extorted and forced to endure Tim Tebow, Jason Taylor, and further, more vexing embarrassments.  regime changes every three years.  12 DOLLAR BEERS.  and they show up on this board and in the stands every damned year hoping for the best.  3 wins this year.  I blame no one for staying home.  not one single bit.  you want asses  in the seats?  field a competitive team.  otherwise you get what you deserve.  

Just now, sirlancemehlot said:

No way.  this fan base has been beaten battered and humiliated for decades.  they've been priced out, extorted and forced to endure Tim Tebow, Jason Taylor, and further, more vexing embarrassments.  regime changes every three years.  12 DOLLAR BEERS.  and they show up on this board and in the stands every damned year hoping for the best.  3 wins this year.  I blame no one for staying home.  not one single bit.  you want assessment in the seats?  field a competitive team.  otherwise you get what you deserve.  

POTY

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Worst Fans in the NFL.

A little harsh.  I'm a season ticket holder and was at the game today.  When you are having the kind of season we are having I expect some of what happened today.  Quite frankly though, I thought the Jets fans in attendance did support the team quite well.

Archived