Patriots fans invade MetLife Stadium!!!!!!!

joewilly12

6 hours ago, drdetroit said:

99% of patriots fans were Giants fans prior to Parcells taking the team over in the mid-90's

I'm not even kidding.

Really. That's based upon how you actually live in New England?

I have lived here most of my life.

I bet you thought Hillary Clinton was going to win the election.

Your fan base reflects the team. Deal with it and own it.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

This used to be true of Dolphin "fans" too but their bandwagon lost all 8 wheels when Dan and Don jumped off and they haven't been able to sell out Sun Life/Landshark/Joe Robbie or whatever it's called this week in decades

And knowing that this too shall be the Patriots fate in a few years brings me great comfort.

SAR I

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

My name is JW12 and I:

1. Used to be the best fan in the stadium

2. Will PM Max complaining about being called out over calling out other Jets fans

LOL.

I'm in the business class lounge, on my way to London, looking forward to spending the $450.00 I got for my Patriots tickets on incidentals. 

Might even go to Liverpool, see the Beatles museum.

SAR I

34 minutes ago, SAR I said:

LOL.

I'm in the business class lounge, on my way to London, looking forward to spending the $450.00 I got for my Patriots tickets on incidentals. 

Might even go to Liverpool, see the Beatles museum.

SAR I

I'm in my home office in Jersey, looking forward to a bowel movement in a few minutes.

Might even go to Paterson, see the Lou Costello statue.

I never sold out regardless of the Jets record, opponent,weather,game time we werent allowed to sell tickets remember you were warned if you sell your ticket and the person in the seat causes trouble you will lose them. 
That was enough for me I only gave them to trustworthy family friends who were Jets fans. 
No opposing teams fan ever sat in my seat because I sold out. 
joewilly12
Come on man. It was easy to do that back then. You paid like $200 for the season.

I first got tixx with 7 friends in like 1990, they were $25 a piece and no pre-season. We were broke college students, but we had a rule that you didn't sell a seat you couldn't use, you let one of the other guys bring someone. Big game, playoffs, etc. didn't matter. It was $25 you had spent months ago!

9 hours ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Won't even be close.

There are far more pats "fans" on their frontrunner bandwagon these days, people who never even heard of the Pats until 2001

This used to be true of Dolphin "fans" too but their bandwagon lost all 8 wheels when Dan and Don jumped off and they haven't been able to sell out Sun Life/Landshark/Joe Robbie or whatever it's called this week in decades

We will see, but I disagree. Its a Saturday night game so no work on Sunday , the Dolphins are in the midst of a playoff push , Jet fans are dumping their tickets at record paces. Metlife will be infested with fins fans.

5 hours ago, Maine Coon Cat said:

So did you have season tickets at Sullivan Stadium - like before the Patriots were relevant.

So did you have season tickets at Sullivan Stadium - like before the Patriots were relevant.

Of course not

Until Parcells arrived New Englanders spent fall and winter watching BC or high school football, talking Sawx hotstove, rooting for the Broons or Septics and going duckpin or candlepin bowling. Some rooted for their Giants or made fun of those Losah Patriots who drew about 15 to 20000 fans in a high school quality dump with metal bench seating. They were on the verge of being moved to St Louis until Parcells saved them

No doubt they will return to being the NE No fans after 40 year old Cheatin' Tamara retires next season and they revert to lovable losers for about 3 decades

6 hours ago, Maine Coon Cat said:

Hey no political posts here.

I pretty much took it as a given that there would be a ton of Cheats fans at the game.  The only way there would be a tremendous majority of Jets fans would be if the Jets were in playoff contention (plus, there were a ton of empties).  I guess it kind of makes us STH look like fairweather fans to some, but when you've suffered with this team far longer than you've been alive, I think you've earned the right to sell them, give them to friends, and/or do something more enjoyable, you know, like stab yourself in the face.  I don't agree that season ticket holders that don't go when the team is this bad are fairweather fans, because the reality is that they paid for the tickets in the first place. 

17 hours ago, rillo said:

Meh, put a competitive/competent team out there and the fans will show up. 

exactly.  Gotta love all the people blaming it on everything EXCEPT the bad product Woody has given us.  In the Kotite regime, the stadium was empty by mid season.  Crappy team back then = no shows = mostly empty stadium.  Crappy team now in the age of expensive tickets and easy secondary market sales = no shows from STH = more opposing fans in the stadium.

What was empty in the 1990's is now occupied by opposing team fans in the 2010's.  Put a crap team out there and many STHs aren't coming.  At least now they recover some of their cost.  But other than that, nothing is different.

16 hours ago, Dcat said:

exactly.  Gotta love all the people blaming it on everything EXCEPT the bad product Woody has given us.  In the Kotite regime, the stadium was empty by mid season.  Crappy team back then = no shows = mostly empty stadium.  Crappy team now in the age of expensive tickets and easy secondary market sales = no shows from STH = more opposing fans in the stadium.

What was empty in the 1990's is now occupied by opposing team fans in the 2010's.  Put a crap team out there and many STHs aren't coming.  At least now they recover some of their cost.  But other than that, nothing is different.

I'd rather have an empty seat next to me than some hayseed from Pittsburg or some scum from Foxboro .

3 hours ago, OH THE PAIN said:

I'd rather have an empty seat next to me than some hayseed from Pittsburg or some scum from Foxboro .

Well of course you would. But unfortunately for you, you don't get a choice. Nobody cares what you prefer.

This is hiliarious.  You're seriously shocked and outraged that people dont want to blow hundreds of dollars on a poor product?  Would you buy HBO if it didnt have good programming?  This is an entertainment business and if the team on the field isnt entertaining you cant expect people to shell out hundreds if not a thousand dollar for a family of 4 to attend a jets game.  Im a die hard jets fan, from my couch this year.

31 minutes ago, bluecountry said:

Curious....just how many Pats fans were there?

With how well the Pats have been the past decade, you would think this would not be that big of a news story...I mean did the Pats REALLY have that many more fans at the game than say 2015, 2014, .....?

Also, how do the Pats turnout compared to the Steeler, 49ers, Cowboys, Dolphins?

about 15,000 pats fan give or take a few thousand

Nothing compared to the Steelers and there 30,000 yellow towel waving buffoons.  I refuse to go to Steeler games any more a Met Life Dump./

On 11/30/2016 at 4:20 PM, whodeawhodat said:

holy crap, the clarity is unreal!!! never seen anything like that!!!

pastsfans_zpss7ijuzcd.jpg

That is amazing.  I can finally see who bought my seats up there in the first row.

They wear blue but their money is green, same thing.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

1.  I'm not your friend.

2.  There is no problem.

People who aren't Jets Season Ticket Holders have no say.  Zero.

Show up or shut up.

SAR I

I've had season tickets since Shea my friend ; you and your PSL friends have ruined the atmosphere at the games . 

If the Jets don't improve the quality of the product, this will only get worse, and it's not the PSL holders fault, it's not the fans that prefer the view from their couch to the up-up-uppers, and it's not the fault of the opposing teams fans. It's on the Jets, so it's on Woody.

NYC is a destination. When I look at the Jets schedule and choose a road game, I want to go to warm weather vacation-type spots like San Diego, or I want to go to classic NFL stadiums like Green Bay. If I lived in another city, I'd be looking to go to New York. Tickets will always be in demand. That's why I think that you'll see a fair amount of visiting fans whether we're looking at a 3-4 win season or an 8-9 win season.

The Raiders will see this in spades in Las Vegas.

Archived