I love this HC

Tinstar

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That's such a dumb argument. I'm not the one being paid millions to make the right decisions. does bowles know more than me about football? Yeah. does he know more than the other coaches in the league that wanted no part of Fitz? Clearly not.

Bowles was the one that said Fitz was the starter BEFORE Mac signed him. Bowles is the coach. If he thinks someone is good enough to be the starter and the player ends up being the lowest rated qb in the league, that's on him. 

Bowles' alternative was Geno Smith. So Bowles should've started Geno instead of starting Fitz? sh*t...Geno was booed in the preseason before even taking his first snap! If all of your receivers from the previous year return to the roster this year, you start the guy who threw 31 TD's to them the year before. Duh! I'm a Geno fan...but I understood why he stuck with Fitz. Who knew that Fitz would fall so far so fast?

Just now, thatboyjack said:

Bowles' alternative was Geno Smith. So Bowles should've started Geno instead of starting Fitz? If all of your receivers from the previous year return to the roster this year, you start the guy who threw 31 TD's to them the year before. Duh! I'm a Geno fan...but I understood why he stuck with Fitz. Who knew that Fitz would fall so far so fast?

But when Fitzpatrick faltered and went back to his old self he continued supporting the onslaught. 

We carried 4 QB's we had options. 

16 hours ago, thatboyjack said:

Those are all good questions. Start your own post addressing those questions, and field the answers as they come in...smh

QR2V0ib.gif

Rhetorical questions to ask yourself.  This is a bad franchise and half the fan base is complacent with 40+ years of suck.

16 hours ago, thatboyjack said:

Bowles' alternative was Geno Smith. So Bowles should've started Geno instead of starting Fitz? sh*t...Geno was booed in the preseason before even taking his first snap! If all of your receivers from the previous year return to the roster this year, you start the guy who threw 31 TD's to them the year before. Duh! I'm a Geno fan...but I understood why he stuck with Fitz. Who knew that Fitz would fall so far so fast?

Yeah, the organization was played by Fitzpatrick. Both the GM and the HC.

But, once you see that the GM has been played and that you're being played, shouldn't you have the balls to STOP being played.

Or do you just continuing to bet on 3-card monty?

On 11/29/2016 at 0:37 PM, Tinstar said:

The Fans and the media have long dictated what happens within this franchise that I love . Every yr, they start they rants and before long, under severe pressure, a reaction dictates the short term future of this franchise . Enter Todd Bowles, a Bill Parcells disciple who runs his ship his way and decides his future base on his actions and not those of other .  2014 the Jets hire Todd Bowles, signs Fitzpatrick as a veteran backup and he immediately decides that Geno Smith was the starting QB of the NY Jets .The Fans and the media  are up in arms because a fair competition is not being held in their minds . Bowles doesn't care, but sticks to his guns and Smith goes into OTAs as the top dog . Shortly before the start of training camp, Smith is made unavailable due to a broken Jaw, and Fitzpatrick assumes the starting  job . Questioned as to what would happened upon Smith's return to action, the HC makes a statement that would declare to all who care to listen who he was . He said Smith was the starter and now  Fitzpatrick is the starter . He further stated that if the Team was winning, and the QB was playing at a high level he would not make a change for the sake of making a change . Not a direct quote, but something along those lines. Fitzpatrick goes out and has a record setting if not unspectacular season and is assigned the position of starting QB should the Jets and he come to a contract agreement and be resigned.

We have a HC with conviction and honor, a Man's man . Someone who knows what he wants and goes about obtaining it his way . If it cost him his job, then so be it, but I have the utmost respect for anyone who will not be swayed from a prepared path . Before you build a house, you must build a foundation. That foundation must be firm, and be able to withstand anything .  Can anyone here say that Todd Bowles hasn't been the same person from the day he became the HC . Now you can build your house and along the way, you will run into issues, but if given the chance, you can guarantee the house will be built.

If the foundation can be built strong, the same person should be able to orchestrate the building of the house .

I love this HC .

You make some very good points, but one thing I look at is 'how ready is the team to play each weekend?' I have seen many lapses mentally as well as lack of effort that on any other team would see that player banished to the bench. ie. Darrelle Revis, Mo Wilkerson, Sheldon Richardson and Calvin Pryor. Pryor plays hard but is just dumb and slow and that is a bad combination for your backline defender. Yet Bowles has made few moves to rectify these situations. If you notice all these guys I named play defense, which has let us down big time this season. I expected the Jets to be a solid - top 5 - defense that would allow the offense to score enough points to win whether it be 21-17 or 13-10. It hasn't happened. In fact the defense has been the biggest disappointment outside of Fitzpatrick being a turnover machine.

On 11/29/2016 at 6:10 PM, Skeptable said:

Well, you asked who would come here... there is a list of some of the coaches out there. All with way more experience then Bowles. You can say yes or no to them all it doesn't change the list.

the question isn't who do you want to coach the Jets the question why would these guys want to coach the Jets. 

Lane Kiffin for example, the Vols want to make King for life in the state of Tennesse.

Why would he come to NY to get abused for a year or two and fired unceremoniously? 

Fans don't see the big picture but how the franchise treated Rex and will treat Bowles means a great deal to the next guy. 

6 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Rhetorical questions to ask yourself.  This is a bad franchise and half the fan base is complacent with 40+ years of suck.

The entire first paragraph (and hence...the OP in general) is about the.........character of TB. Why must you sourpusses come out of the woodworks and turn everything into negativity? That's a question you need to ask yourself. Geesh! The OP wasn't about ANYTHING you keep spouting about. If you want to talk about 40+ years of suck...blah...blah...blah, go start your own post. 

22 minutes ago, thatboyjack said:

The entire first paragraph (and hence...the OP in general) is about the.........character of TB. Why must you sourpusses come out of the woodworks and turn everything into negativity? That's a question you need to ask yourself. Geesh! The OP wasn't about ANYTHING you keep spouting about. If you want to talk about 40+ years of suck...blah...blah...blah, go start your own post. 

Because he is a bad coach... and has done nothing to prove otherwise... and those that latch onto these Rookie HCs, Although you might say that he hasn't had enough time. but like players, if you are not improving you are regressing. And what of this year makes you think that he is improving.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

the question isn't who do you want to coach the Jets the question why would these guys want to coach the Jets. 

Lane Kiffin for example, the Vols want to make King for life in the state of Tennesse.

Why would he come to NY to get abused for a year or two and fired unceremoniously? 

Fans don't see the big picture but how the franchise treated Rex and will treat Bowles means a great deal to the next guy. 

Ok so Lane Kiffin gets the offer he wants, he is out... Big deal, point being that we have to stop with these Rookie HCs... its a cancer to this team. Rex never improved his in-game management and that is why he is not here. Bowles is doing the same.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

How did they unfairly treat Rex Ryan? he was here SIX years and the last 4 saw a downward trend. Now, that's not to say he wasn't done in by poor drafting and personnel moves, but a 4 year drought is not something that MANY coaches survive.

In the end, coaches want to coach talent. So the Jets better start getting some and I think Mac is a better bet than any of the recent schmucks in his role.

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Ok so Lane Kiffin gets the offer he wants, he is out... Big deal, point being that we have to stop with these Rookie HCs... its a cancer to this team. Rex never improved his in-game management and that is why he is not here. Bowles is doing the same.

you are still looking at it from a Jets-only perspective. I'll ask again why would these HC's (non rookies) who have options, want to take this job? Money presumably isn't going to be enough as a guy with options can get money anywhere. And if the job is in Florida he doesn't pay income tax. 

Just now, phill1c said:

How did they unfairly treat Rex Ryan? he was here SIX years and the last 4 saw a downward trend. Now, that's not to say he wasn't done in by poor drafting and personnel moves, but a 4 year drought is not something that MANY coaches survive. 

Rex Ryan is the all time playoff winningest coach the Jets have ever had. It's a sad statement but it's true nonetheless. The guy literally broke the records here and the Jets tossed him into the trash. I'll ask yet again why would a so called awesome coach with all sorts of experience want to coach in a place where the expectations are super high? 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

you are still looking at it from a Jets-only perspective. I'll ask again why would these HC's (non rookies) who have options, want to take this job? Money presumably isn't going to be enough as a guy with options can get money anywhere. And if the job is in Florida he doesn't pay income tax. 

Because like when Parcels came, they can see that this is an effort and discipline problem with a top 5 draft pick in the biggest market in the country. What HC would not want this job.

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Rex Ryan is the all time playoff winningest coach the Jets have ever had. It's a sad statement but it's true nonetheless. The guy literally broke the records here and the Jets tossed him into the trash. I'll ask yet again why would a so called awesome coach with all sorts of experience want to coach in a place where the expectations are super high? 

Because he didn't improve... his coaching blunders still show up today in Buffalo... He will never win a Super Bowl as a HC.

5 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Because he didn't improve... his coaching blunders still show up today in Buffalo... He will never win a Super Bowl as a HC.

Spoiler alert There's a very real chance the Jets will never win a Super Bowl, no matter who the coach is. 

10 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Haha, they already have.

another one I mean. 

Let's be real. 

Why should we expect this outcome? Based on what evidence? 

Every year they don't contend, Jets fans treat it like a big surprise. If the team were loaded and still bad, sure that's on Bowles. But this roster is putrid and was struck by major injuries especially on offense (Decker, Clady, Mangold). He's a coach he's not a miracle worker.  

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

another one I mean. 

Let's be real. 

Why should we expect this outcome? Based on what evidence? 

Every year they don't contend, Jets fans treat it like a big surprise. If the team were loaded and still bad, sure that's on Bowles. But this roster is putrid and was struck by major injuries especially on offense (Decker, Clady, Mangold). He's a coach he's not a miracle worker.  

They are loaded on Defense... And they still can't stop game winning drives. I'm sure that's not Bowles fault at all. Or the bad TOs they take. The bad game planning.

Sure if you want to think that way... You have every right to think that way.  I am the eternal optimist. But I can't stand how bad they are right now. This is as bad as Kotite years or Quincy Carter year and they didn't even lose their starting QB.... It's sad.

Sure defend Bowles all you want, from what I have seen, he is not good enough. I thought he had a chance after Rex... but its simply not the case.

The Jets may never win a Super Bowl until Woody sells the team but you never know. 

As for QBs... the Jets have been very bad at drafting and very unlucky as well. Sooner or later they will find a franchise QB, even a blind squirrel can find a nut once in a while or whatever that saying is.

Archived