I love this HC

Tinstar

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

They did not want to get embarrassed by the Pats, so they put a shift in. Nothing to do with Bowles, this teams been mailing it in for weeks.

I see absolutely nothing to give me any hope for the future, unless when we go 1-15 next year, and we got a shot at a real QB in 2018's Draft.

Wake me up when the combine rolls round, this season is dead in so many ways it's not funny.

Bowles does not bother with the Offence, he's like Rex. We could have Marino, Young, Montana, on the team, and that dumb ass would:-

A) Not know.

B) Still roll Fitz out ever week,  

I don't trust Bowles to call timeouts at the right time. Let alone make an informed judgement on our young QB's.

I just don't buy into the 3 years nonsense, it's plain and simple the guy just can't coach. 

I completely agree. But I have "new Jets head coach search" fatigue.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

my main  issues are we get outcoached horribly in 2nd half. Seems other teams come out with new wrinkles , we dont. Other is as Sperm says , the D, but mainly the secondary .revis rated bottom 10% of CB's in NFL, should he even be out there now for a team eliminated?  Special Teams a disaster and I assume ST coach is a goner. And I will never understand Gailey's no RB formation on 2nd/3rd and 1 or 2 yds to go. Why tell the Defense that 50% of what you can do on the play wont happen. We ARENT running. Makes zero sense. At least take snap under center to keep QB sneak alive, LOL

Fixed

16 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you do know they have been injury ravaged this entire season, right? you do know they have a ton of suspensions for key players, right? 

Hahaha, If you think that's the reason they are losing you are not watching the games.

36 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

If Rex had this roster we’d be in the thick of the playoff hunt and easily would have made it last year.  Rex has half the talent now(w/ injuries/suspensions) and his team has a winning record.

As much as I hate to admit it,  in the "Defensive Coordinator Pretending to be a Head Coach" category, minus the buffoonery, Rex showed me more than Bowles has ever done.  His defensive game plans and adjustments just seemed better and harder to deal with.  Neither of their defenses can make a stand on 3rd down or not give up a late drive, but I believe Rex would have this D playing better.

2 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

As much as I hate to admit it,  in the "Defensive Coordinator Pretending to be a Head Coach" category, minus the buffoonery, Rex showed me more than Bowles has ever done.  His defensive game plans and adjustments just seemed better and harder to deal with.  Neither of their defenses can make a stand on 3rd down or not give up a late drive, but I believe Rex would have this D playing better.

And you would never see a player giving up or play soft or get away with Brady leading block without getting touched. Or have the balls to go for it on 4th and 2 at mid-field down two scores against a high scoring offense with 7 minutes to go.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Even Sunday w/ a clearly hobbled Brady they couldn’t get the job done but the #s looks good!

The defense was on fire until Robbie Anderson put them in a bad spot. They even had a chance to win until Fitz was strip sacked.

It's not just QB'ing it's turnovers in general. The Jets turnover ratio is -13 this year, part of that is the defense not taking it away but the biggest problem are actually the turnovers on offense.  And the turnovers on specials too (Jalin Marshall looking at you)

In fact, the offense has had a shot at game-winning drive the last two games and didn't deliver. The fact that the defense kept them close enough (against a Pats team favored by 9.5 by kickoff) is actually a testament to the defense. 

I know you guys want satisfaction but firing the coach isn't always the same as making the program better. It's sometimes change for change sake. 

49 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

But continually playing a guy that lacks effort shows that it is tolerated and ok. Its a bad president. And the fact he doesn't address this shows that he is not fit to run this team.

We disagree  but that's why this place exist . I must say I have enjoyed our conversation .

Just now, bitonti said:

The defense was on fire until Robbie Anderson put them in a bad spot. They even had a chance to win until Fitz was strip sacked.

It's not just QB'ing it's turnovers in general. The Jets turnover ratio is -13 this year, part of that is the defense not taking it away but the biggest problem are actually the turnovers on offense.  And the turnovers on specials too (Jalin Marshall looking at you)

In fact, the offense has had a shot at game-winning drive the last two games and didn't deliver. The fact that the defense kept them close enough (against a Pats team favored by 9.5 by kickoff) is actually a testament to the defense. 

I know you guys want satisfaction but firing the coach isn't always the same as making the program better. It's sometimes change for change sake. 

Its not a change for changes sake.... Bowles has shown numerous times that he does not have a football mind. He simply isn't good enough.

Rex is the kind of coach that when you are winning, you ignore the flaws because he pulls attention elsewhere. Bowles doesn't do bravado so everybody just gangs up on him anyway. 

TBH, this fanbase loves Rex. They still love what Rex did when he was winning games. They prefer Rex winning games to Bowles winning games. And people are saying Buffalo is not talented. Really?

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

Its not a change for changes sake.... Bowles has shown numerous times that he does not have a football mind. He simply isn't good enough.

After two years, you can tell this? He's had one good year and one bad year. So, logically, the third year is where they need to really judge

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Rex is the kind of coach that when you are winning, you ignore the flaws because he pulls attention elsewhere. 

After two years, you can tell this? He's had one good year and one bad year. So, logically, the third year is where they need to really judge

I can tell by the baffling decisions he makes, the lack of leadership, the fact that the team gives up in the middle of a play with no accountability, the fact that Revis is still playing, the fact that he doesn't go for it on 4th down in easy situations, The fact he continues to start Fitz even though he continually loses the game, and thats just a start.

14 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Hahaha, If you think that's the reason they are losing you are not watching the games.

I was talking about the Bills not the Jets

12 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Bowles isn't half the coach Rex is

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

good Ds don't fold the moment something bad happens.  that play had no bearing on how they played at the end of the game.

obviously TOs have hurt us but many came in bulk w/ that KC game and then the Sea game(though there was 1 or 2 when the game was over).  we haven't had more than 2 in any other game.  the problem has been more CREATING TOs.  we don't get any for us. Only 2 games all year we have forced more than 1 TO.

I am not absolving the O, the O has struggled as has the QB but the main reason we suck is the D and the HC.

I don't want Bowles fired, he has some good qualities you look for in a HC but he ahs to get much better next year w/ in game decisions and adjustments or next year will be his last.

Just now, Skeptable said:

I can tell by the baffling decisions he makes, the lack of leadership, the fact that the team gives up in the middle of a play with no accountability, the fact that Revis is still playing, the fact that he doesn't go for it on 4th down in easy situations, The fact he continues to start Fitz even though he continually loses the game, and thats just a start.

To me it comes down to one simple thing. Winning games. 1 good year, 1 bad year. Year 3 will decide

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I don't care how it was done. A coach's job is to win games. And if he is blamed for losses, then logically, he must be credited for wins. 

Ha, ok.... Did they make the playoffs? Did they win the critical game when they had to win? Did this team fold in the face of pressure?  Yes I blame Bowles for last year too.

to put my position into context, I don't think Rex was a bad coach either. These guys are defensive HC's and while not amazing, they are acceptable HC's in the NFL. give Rex or Bowles a franchise QB and all of a sudden people will say they are geniuses. 

There's a reason why the coach makes 1 mil a year and the QB makes 12 (or on other teams 18 or 25). It's those players, the highly paid stars (Revis, Mo etc) who make the difference between winning and losing. Even guys like Decker and Clady are among the highest paid on the team. If those guys get hurt or get old or don't perform, no coach in the universe can make the team win games. 

Like if Bowles just yelled at Revis more, he'd age in reverse? This team's problems are way bigger than the HC and firing this guy doesn't change those problems. 

20 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Not much more, really.

I remember Rex Ryan defenses that did the very same thing as the current defense:

• inability to get off the field
  • inability to get turnovers
  • letting teams score when the Jets had a lead

There's really no difference in this Jets team than the last one Rex Ryan coached, except instead of a rookie starting we have Fitzpatrick.

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Ha, ok.... Did they make the playoffs? Did they win the critical game when they had to win? Did this team fold in the face of pressure?  Yes I blame Bowles for last year too.

I didn't know making the playoffs (as a WC no less) got you a trophy. Means nothing to me.

And believe it or not. the defense has now been better for the last month. Including the Patriots game.

Just now, bitonti said:

to put my position into context, I don't think Rex was a bad coach either. These guys are defensive HC's and while not amazing, they are acceptable HC's in the NFL. give Rex or Bowles a franchise QB and all of a sudden people will say they are geniuses. 

There's a reason why the coach makes 1 mil a year and the QB makes 12 (or on other teams 18 or 25). It's those players, the highly paid stars (Revis, Mo etc) who make the difference between winning and losing. Even guys like Decker and Clady are among the highest paid on the team. If those guys don't perform no coach in the universe can make the team win games. 

I disagree... the Jets could have Luck right now and they still would suck... Poor decisions and you shouldn't stand for it as a fan.... 40 years of horrible teams and they can't get a coach or a qb... thats the issue.

Just now, phill1c said:

Not much more, really.

I remember Rex Ryan defenses that did the very same thing as the current defense:

• inability to get off the field
  • inability to get turnovers
  • letting teams score when the Jets had a lead

There's really no difference in this Jets team than the last one Rex Ryan coached, except instead of a rookie starting we have Fitzpatrick.

But Rex's teams gave everything on every play... you didn't see people giving up or not showing up to meetings... That is A HUGE issue

Archived