I love this HC

Tinstar

14 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

They held the Pats to 22 points. That's effort to me.

They lost... and mainly due to Revis on the last two plays... That in lies the issue.... When does it stop... when is enough, enough. He gave no effort at the end of the game... beat on two easy plays.... by a rookie. Shame... no heart. Got his money, now he is worthless.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bitonti said:

Marvin lewis has been in Cinci for 14 years and still hasn't won the big game. But before this season they had like 5 winning seasons in a row.

it took Bill cowher a similar amount of time to get Pittsburgh to the promised land 

meanwhile the Jets fire coaches every 3-5 years a human sacrifice to appease the Tom Shanes of the fan base. 

Rex not winning is like Bowles not winning. The horses are glue don't blame the jockey. 

Parcels would have taken last years team to the playoffs... and this years team to at least 8-8... There is no discipline on this team... there is talent just no respect for the HC.

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Marvin lewis has been in Cinci for 14 years and still hasn't won the big game. But before this season they had like 5 winning seasons in a row.

it took Bill cowher a similar amount of time to get Pittsburgh to the promised land 

meanwhile the Jets fire coaches every 3-5 years a human sacrifice to appease the Tom Shanes of the fan base. 

Rex not winning is like Bowles not winning. The horses are glue don't blame the jockey. 

Are you really comparing Todd Bowles to Marvin Lewis?  Sheesh

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:
2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the coaches have been fired, IMO, because they sucked. But I'm not advocating Bowles's firing. Just pointing out that I don't see what good he is doing.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Are you really comparing Todd Bowles to Marvin Lewis?  Sheesh

Lewis wouldn't have made it to year 4 let alone year 14 around here

Firing coaches isn't the same as winning games. Neither is starting Petty by the way. These are sideshows that make the fans feel good temporarily but does little to advance the cause long term. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Stick with Fitz = the better draft pick and Woody fires somebody hopefully Bowles and Fitzpatrick is a goner finishing 3-13 guaranteed.

Hopefully Jax and Chi find a way to win a game or two at the end... and maybe SF can beat us.

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Parcels would have taken last years team to the playoffs... and this years team to at least 8-8... There is no discipline on this team... there is talent just no respect for the HC.

Was there respect for the HC last year when  the Jets won 10 games ?  Respect isn't representative by wins or loses . Players have a job to do, and if they do it they get rewarded and if they don't they play elsewhere . Knowing what I know today I would not have given Wilkerson that contract  .  I heard an old Steeler say that Chuck Knoll would tell his players if he had to motivate them he would cut them . You are paid to do a job, do it and you get rewarded , don't and you become someone else's problem . We will find out if Bowles and Mac are on the same page after this season . Change is in the air .   

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

Was there respect for the HC last year when  the Jets won 10 games ?  Respect isn't representative by wins or loses . Players have a job to do, and if they do it they get rewarded and if they don't they play elsewhere . Knowing what I know today I would not have given Wilkerson that contract  .  I heard an old Steeler say that Chuck Knoll would tell his players if he had to motivate them he would cut them . You are paid to do a job, do it and you get rewarded , don't and you become someone else's problem . We will find out if Bowles and Mac are on the same page after this season . Change is in the air .   

He was beginning to build some respect... but he still lost games he shouldn't and winning hides flaws. He showed being outcoached many times last season and now its only amplified by his losing this year. Just because they won 10 games last year didn't make them good. And didn't make them well coached. In fact last year Bowles was just as bad as he is this year. Even if they won 10 games this year I would say the same... He is not fit to be HC.

24 minutes ago, bitonti said:

While I largely agree, I do think you have to look at the HC's plan and direction, and try to see if there is a path to ultimately winning. If you look at the path with Rex, he wanted to do nothing but beef up the DL and Secondary, and pretty much do nothing for the offense ever except sign or trade for an aging vet. I don't think that model works in todays NFL, and I don't think he would ever take us to the promise land because of that.

Bowles seems to want to play every game close and try to pull it out or save it on the last drive. In other words, he plays to his level of competition and leaves no margin for error. If they decide to give him more time to grow on the job, I am not going to complain about it, but I don't think he or Rex have what it takes to take a team to the promise land.

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

So you are ok with what Revis has shown? You think that is acceptable to watch and lead by example?

Come on man . Revis is one of the leaders on that team . Yes he has played horribly, but on Sunday before the start of the game it was Revis  with the team around him giving the pep talk . He was the one firing up the troops . He has played poorly, but he's respected in that locker room . The time to deal with Revis is after the season .  Benching him and having him on the roster is a bad idea and cutting him before the start of the next league year might be a problem also.

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

The Jets need to stop firing people because the fans ask for it. No one is ever going to want to work here. Bowles has been here not even 2 years, he's 13-14 overall. You all want him fired? 

meanwhile the same  fans who want Bowles fired also want Petty and Hack to get starts they don't deserve. "to see what we have" 

How about seeing what we have from the first time HC? 

perfect response for a lot of the bs being spewed around here about bowles.  the guy needs a chance.  he's been handcuffed with some bad players.  heck marvin lewis is at 3-7-1 and bruce arians is sub 500.

1 minute ago, Tinstar said:

Come on man . Revis is one of the leaders on that team . Yes he has played horribly, but on Sunday before the start of the game it was Revis  with the team around him giving the pep talk . He was the one firing up the troops . He has played poorly, but he's respected in that locker room . The time to deal with Revis is after the season .  Benching him and having him on the roster is a bad idea and cutting him before the start of the next league year might be a problem also.

And he is bad... a Leader would see this... and him giving up, not wanting to hit people? Thats leading... if thats true I am really sad for this team.

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

And he is bad... a Leader would see this... and him giving up, not wanting to hit people? Thats leading... if thats true I am really sad for this team.

Maybe somebody knows something we don't or we just need to wait a little while and the Issue of Revis won't be ours .  I grew up on cooked food, and I can't stand fast food . I can wait .

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I think that's more accurate. The Jets are just there. Not as bad as the Cleveland Browns or the Detroit Lions but not amongst the elite franchises.

They are just there. And fans want them to stay there.

What fans want them to stay there... I certainly don't... I want a HC with experience for the first time since Parcels... that is what I want...

1 hour ago, phill1c said:

Not much more, really.

I remember Rex Ryan defenses that did the very same thing as the current defense:

• inability to get off the field
  • inability to get turnovers
  • letting teams score when the Jets had a lead

There's really no difference in this Jets team than the last one Rex Ryan coached, except instead of a rookie starting we have Fitzpatrick.

Serious upgrade at WR.  Much faster LB's.  Agree DL/OL /secondary very similar.  On paper the current team I think is better than Rex's roster in 2014....

3 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

What fans want them to stay there... I certainly don't... I want a HC with experience for the first time since Parcels... that is what I want...

the Jets are the only team in America without a single county where their fans are the majority. Or even a plurality.  

To put it another way, we are a team with no territory. No one but us really cares if the Jets lose.   Even the Jags have a few counties to call home. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24697058/facebook-releases-nfl-fan-map-of-us-jets-have-no-fans

We don't even have our own building.

You want a HC with experience? why would that guy come here?

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I should say other fans.Other Fans got angry when Rex did well because they want to keep their place simply because change is hard to accept. 

I think the condition of being the Washington Generals is a fans thing and not an NFL thing. 

Just now, bitonti said:

the Jets are the only team in America without a single county where their fans are the majority. Or even a plurality.  

To put it another way, we are a team with no territory. No one but us really cares if the Jets lose.   Even the Jags have a few counties to call home. 

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24697058/facebook-releases-nfl-fan-map-of-us-jets-have-no-fans

We don't even have our own building.

You want a HC with experience? why would that guy come here?

A HC would come here the same reason Parcells wanted to come here because there is a talent base to build from with no leadership.. And Woody should pay him...

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

To put it another way, we are a team with no territory. No one but us really cares if the Jets lose.  

You want a HC with experience? why would that guy come here. 

They are the only team that does not have a singular fan base all to themselves.  

It would have been interesting to see if the Jets had continued to do well in the 1970s while the Giants withered away. but both sucked

I have read in places that other fans are pissed that we get prime time games. 

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

A HC would come here the same reason Parcells wanted to come here because there is a talent base to build from with no leadership.. And Woody should pay him...

Parcells, honestly, looks more and more like a outlier. He wanted the challenge and he had the clout to do it. Plus he had handled the New York media before with the Giants successfully What other former head coach would want to leave their job to come here?

They are the only team that does not have a singular fan base all to themselves.  

It would have been interesting to see if the Jets had continued to do well in the 1970s while the Giants withered away. but both sucked

I have read in places that other fans are pissed that we get prime time games. 

Again, winning cures all ails.the find a winning HC and then all of a sudden CT and all of LI are Jets fans.

Parcells, honestly, looks more and more like a outlier. He wanted the challenge and he had the clout to do it. Plus he had handled the New York media before with the Giants successfully What other former head coach would want to leave their job to come here?

There are coaches out there. that are not head coaching at the moment. And certainly more after the season ends.

Just now, Skeptable said:

Lane Kiffin, Callahan, Schwartz, Mora, Norv Turner, Todd Haley, Coughlin, Spagnuolo... Not all these are great options but they are certainly better than Bowles.

In order:

No, No, Eh to Schwartz. but that's playing with fire, NO, HELL NO, Haley is the same as Schwartz (does he have the temperament to handle this market?), No, he's too old, and maybe.

Archived