Shared Stadium Fiasco

joewilly12

I was under the impression the turf was in rolls and the end zones were changed on a weekly basis for Jets and Giants I don't think they are painted on. 

Why cant the change be made is the bigger question. 

In my opinion when i posted the thread it seemed like a fiasco, agree or disagree it doesn't matter to me. 

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

FACT

on a bad day, there are more Jet fans at Met Life Stadium than at ANY of the Giants home field, the rotting Mets home field dump in Flushing, the broken down relic in Upper Manhattan and the Eli's home field in New Haven

Indisputable

100% correct.

It's bad enough these turncoats quit on the Jets when the team asked them to pay fair market retail for their lower level seats.  To have them endlessly attack our character over and over again has simply got to stop.

Great stadium, great fans, if they need to hear themselves say how "awful" it is, great, find a mirror, shout at themselves all day long, leave the paying customers alone.

SAR I

48 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

real attendance is not up.  I don't even buy the tickets sold #, I gave up my season tickets in the late 00s and I STILL get calls every once in a while to buy season tickets.  in the old building they weren't available and the tickets sold # was real even if people didn't show up when we sucked.  in the new building the #s aren't close to real.

You don't go to games so how do you know?

As someone who sits in the mezzanine with a clear view of the lower level and upper deck I can tell you that the place is always 95% full.  What you see on your TV are coaches club seats which go empty because their owners are allowed to go down on the field, behind the bench, to watch the game.  Those seats are full, the owners are hanging in a different spot during the game, that's all.

Your need to fantasize how MetLife Stadium is a disaster and the Jets are suffering because you are boycotting games needs to come to an end.  It's not reality for you and its not reality for us.  You quit on the team, that's fine, but don't tell us what's going on in a stadium you don't go to.  You haven't a clue.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I was under the impression the turf was in rolls and the end zones were changed on a weekly basis for Jets and Giants I don't think they are painted on. 

In my opinion when i posted the thread it seemed like a fiasco, agree or disagree it doesn't matter to me. 

it used to be in the 80s and 90s.  In 2000 they switched to grass but that didn't work very well(THAT was a homefield advantage, playing on that crappy grass was an actual advantage but they got rid of it) so from 2003-2009 at the old stadium they upgraded to a new turf but this turf didn't have cutouts so they'd repaint the Jets and Giants logos for watch game in white(and later in green) w/ no background color. when they moved to the new stadium in 2010 they were supposed to put logos at midfield and in EZ's, they did in the EZ's as we see every week but this week but one of the Giants players got hurt(I think it was Dominic Hixon) in minicamp and they decided to put one logo and leave it there(the NFL logo).

80s

hqdefault.jpg

90s

hi-res-341352-sep-1998-wide-receiver-way

00s turf

270px-Thomas_Jones_scores_TD_for_Jets,_2

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

100% correct.

It's bad enough these turncoats quit on the Jets when the team asked them to pay fair market retail for their lower level seats.  To have them endlessly attack our character over and over again has simply got to stop.

Great stadium, great fans, if they need to hear themselves say how "awful" it is, great, find a mirror, shout at themselves all day long, leave the paying customers alone.

SAR I

Im not a turncoat or a sell out. Those of us who chose not to partake in the PSL Ponzi scam look to have made the right decision based on whats transpiring with the team and the Jets ticket offers. 

If I was still involved I would be in my seats no matter the record, game time or weather. 

So is it still Investment Gold SAR I. 

joewilly12 

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

100% correct.

SAR I

you guys don't know what facts are. larger capacity doesn't equal more fans in the seats.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

it used to be in the 80s and 90s.  In 2000 they switched to grass but that didn't work very well(THAT was a homefield advantage, playing on that crappy grass was an actual advantage but they got rid of it) so from 2003-2009 at the old stadium they upgraded to a new turf but this turf didn't have cutouts so they'd repaint the Jets and Giants logos for watch game in white(and later in green) w/ no background color. when they moved to the new stadium in 2010 they were supposed to put logos at midfield and in EZ's, they did in the EZ's as we see every week but this week but one of the Giants players got hurt(I think it was Dominic Hixon) in minicamp and they decided to put one logo and leave it there(the NFL logo).

I thought for sure the end zones were still rolls. I could be wrong. 

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

They are rolled on.  They have time to make the change too, they've transitioned 8pm games to 1pm games before.

The issue is expected snow and ice and that making the change would be unsafe for players.  I'm guessing that means that the precise fit of all the seams on the sides and the necessary flat surface underneath would be compromised by ice and snow and make the carpet lumpy and with gaps.  By putting down neutral endzones today while there is no precipitation, they make sure it's fair to both the Jets and Giants and player safety.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You don't go to games so how do you know?

As someone who sits in the mezzanine with a clear view of the lower level and upper deck I can tell you that the place is always 95% full.  What you see on your TV are coaches club seats which go empty because their owners are allowed to go down on the field, behind the bench, to watch the game.  Those seats are full, the owners are hanging in a different spot during the game, that's all.

Your need to fantasize how MetLife Stadium is a disaster and the Jets are suffering because you are boycotting games needs to come to an end.  It's not reality for you and its not reality for us.  You quit on the team, that's fine, but don't tell us what's going on in a stadium you don't go to.  You haven't a clue.

SAR I

But I do, I just don't go to every game just like you.  You don't go to every game, when I had season tickets I went to EVERY SINGLE game, when I gave them up I still went to EVERY SINGLE game(for a lot less money).  My kids are getting older and have games on Sundays, I can't go to every game anymore but I go to a bunch a year so you can throw away that weak excuse.

the place is not always 95% full, that's a lie. maybe early in seasons but it sure wasn't 95% full on MNF 2 weeks ago.

I have sat in the coach's club before, some people are underneath eating, some are watching behind the bench but not the majority of people in those sections. another poor excuse.

I never called MetLife a disaster, I just called it ugly.  it is the ugliest stadium in US major pro sports and it's not close.

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

They are rolled on.  They have time to make the change too, they've transitioned 8pm games to 1pm games before.

The issue is expected snow and ice and that making the change would be unsafe for players.  I'm guessing that means that the precise fit of all the seams on the sides and the necessary flat surface underneath would be compromised by ice and snow and make the carpet lumpy and with gaps.  By putting down neutral endzones today while there is no precipitation, they make sure it's fair to both the Jets and Giants and player safety.

SAR I

Makes perfect sense but with technology today they could have made it happen they are probably just lazy or they dont want to pay the overtime for workers. 

The other day I was in Walmart to buy candy canes for my wife's work party and the lines were extremely long and there were only 3 registers open at least 6 registers were closed,so the manager comes walking around and I say what's the deal here and he says no one wants to work anymore. I replied you mean Walmart doesn't want to pay them to work to which he shrugged his shoulders and walked away.

Enjoy the game. 

SAR I

they are not rolled on like the old days, there are a bunch of sections. they attach.

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you guys don't know what facts are. larger capacity doesn't equal more fans in the seats.

Sure it does.

The Jets are averaging 78,160 fans per game in a stadium that holds 82,500.  They are 95% sold out.

The Jets averaged 77,321 fans per game in Giants Stadium which held 78,867.  They were 98% sold out.

So that's how a stadium with larger capacity equals more fans in the seats.

Math.  It's what's for dinner.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Sure it does.

The Jets are averaging 78,160 fans per game in a stadium that holds 82,500.  They are 95% sold out.

The Jets averaged 77,321 fans per game in Giants Stadium which held 78,867.  They were 98% sold out.

SAR I

but 78,000 fans don't show up to the games so we know that's a lie.

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sure it does.

SAR I

Just now, nyjunc said:

Tickets sold vs actual attendance is a big difference. 

59 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

real attendance is not up.  I don't even buy the tickets sold #, I gave up my season tickets in the late 00s and I STILL get calls every once in a while to buy season tickets.  in the old building they weren't available and the tickets sold # was real even if people didn't show up when we sucked.  in the new building the #s aren't close to real.

There are a few thousand more fans in MetLife Stadium than there were in Giants Stadium.  But that's not the big news.

The big news is that due to the PSL process, tickets are no longer controlled by a bunch of shady, greedy scalpers in the back pages of the NY Post and Pennysaver but in the hands of real fans.  So unlike the Giants Stadium era whose good seats between the 20's were always filled with enemy fans, Giants fans, and corporate executives who didn't like the Jets, the MetLife era has real Jets fans everywhere.  Why?  Because loyal PSL owners like me sell seats for cheap on Stubhub.  So young Jets fans get to go to games well below face value instead of corporate types who paid through the nose.

So MetLife wins.  Wins twice, actually.  First by having more fans in the building in total.  Second by having more true Jets fans as a percentage to that total.

Find another argument.  You're not going to win this one.

SAR I

The big news is that due to the PSL process, tickets are no longer controlled by a bunch of shady, greedy scalpers in the back pages of the NY Post and Pennysaver but in the hands of real fans.

Instead they are controlled by the NY Jets who offer deals of the week and PSL holders who "sell out" mainly to opposing teams fans when things don't go there way (not all). 

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Im not a turncoat or a sell out. Those of us who chose not to partake in the PSL Ponzi scam look to have made the right decision based on whats transpiring with the team and the Jets ticket offers. 

If I was still involved I would be in my seats no matter the record, game time or weather. 

So is it still Investment Gold SAR I.

I speak to those who opted-out and quit on the team as a group.  If there were certain individuals who didn't sell out to scalpers and retired from season ticket holdership for personal reasons, okay, that's fine, doesn't mean my premise is inaccurate.  I know fans who owned over a dozen seats on the 40 yard line in the lower level who put their kids through college on the profit they made by selling prime seats to brokers.  And these same fans dumped those seats as soon as the Jets instituted PSL's.  Those guys are grumpy too, just like you.  Party's over.  Sucks for them.  Great for the rest of us.

Saying "if I didn't quit on the Jets I'd be going to every game" is just about the most disgustingly disingenuous thing anyone could say on the matter.  You can't preach dedication and loyalty from the couch, friend.

My PSL's are investment gold.  If ever I were to sell them, I'd score a nice profit.  Just aren't that many first row seats in the mezzanine with a bit of a sidelline view.  But no one bought these as an investment, so it doesn't matter.  You quit on the team and yet sit here holding diehards in judgement.  That's what matters.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There are a few thousand more fans in MetLife Stadium than there were in Giants Stadium.  But that's not the big news.

The big news is that due to the PSL process, tickets are no longer controlled by a bunch of shady, greedy scalpers in the back pages of the NY Post and Pennysaver but in the hands of real fans.  So unlike the Giants Stadium era whose good seats between the 20's were always filled with enemy fans, Giants fans, and corporate executives who didn't like the Jets, the MetLife era has real Jets fans everywhere.  Why?  Because loyal PSL owners like me sell seats for cheap on Stubhub.  So young Jets fans get to go to games well below face value instead of corporate types who paid through the nose.

So MetLife wins.  Wins twice, actually.  First by having more fans in the building in total.  Second by having more true Jets fans as a percentage to that total.

Find another argument.  You're not going to win this one.

SAR I

there are A LOT less real fans in the stadium now than there ever was at the old place.

the new stadium is always filled w/ opposing fans when a decent opposing fanbase comes to town.  

SAR I you are in your 8th year of being a season ticket holder, many including myself have been to way more games and have had season tickets longer than you currently do. 

I had a 20+ year run as a season ticket holder. I never sold out. I never sold tickets to opposing teams fans. 

Lets talk in 12 years at the rate your going you aren't going to make it as a season ticket holder. 

joewilly12 

Just now, SAR I said:

I speak to those who opted-out and quit on the team as a group.  If there were certain individuals who didn't sell out to scalpers and retired from season ticket holdership for personal reasons, okay, that's fine, doesn't mean my premise is inaccurate.  I know fans who owned over a dozen seats on the 40 yard line in the lower level who put their kids through college on the profit they made by selling prime seats to brokers.  And these same fans dumped those seats as soon as the Jets instituted PSL's.  Those guys are grumpy too, just like you.  Party's over.  Sucks for them.  Great for the rest of us.

Saying "if I didn't quit on the Jets I'd be going to every game" is just about the most disgustingly disingenuous thing anyone could say on the matter.  You can't preach dedication and loyalty from the couch, friend.

My PSL's are investment gold.  If ever I were to sell them, I'd score a nice profit.  Just aren't that many first row seats in the mezzanine with a bit of a sidelline view.  But no one bought these as an investment, so it doesn't matter.  You quit on the team and yet sit here holding diehards in judgement.  That's what matters.  You should be ashamed of yourself.

SAR I

good luck selling at a nice profit.

you are bashing people for not attending yet you won't be attending Sat Night.

20+ years missed 2 games the Sundays my children were baptized other than that never missed a game. 

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Makes perfect sense but with technology today they could have made it happen they are probably just lazy or they dont want to pay the overtime for workers. 

The other day I was in Walmart to buy candy canes for my wife's work party and the lines were extremely long and there were only 3 registers open at least 6 registers were closed,so the manager comes walking around and I say what's the deal here and he says no one wants to work anymore. I replied you mean Walmart doesn't want to pay them to work to which he shrugged his shoulders and walked away.

Enjoy the game. 

More jw12 nonsense, now it's we have neutral endzones because The Man doesn't want to pay blue collar workers overtime at Christmas.

What's next?  Woody Johnson responsible for global warming?  The Jets FO putting cat's in bags and throwing them into the Passaic River?

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

More jw12 nonsense, now it's we have neutral endzones because The Man doesn't want to pay blue collar workers overtime at Christmas.

What's next?  Woody Johnson responsible for global warming?  The Jets FO putting cat's in bags and throwing them into the Passaic River?

SAR I

He seems to be having a fire sale with tickets even giving away sodas and pretzels.  

Are you mad that fans can get the same seats you have cheaper and with perks that you don't get. 

joewilly12 

14 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

they are not rolled on like the old days, there are a bunch of sections. they attach.

Over the course of the next 2 days Northern NJ is expected to get as much as 6" of snow from three different fronts.

The endzones being sectional is even more good reason not to make the flip during the middle of all that.  We don't need players ripping up a knee running around on lumpy carpet with exposed seams.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

20+ years missed 2 games the Sundays my children were baptized other than that never missed a game. 

I didn't miss a game from about 1990-2012.  1996-2008 as STH, other years scalping putside the stadium.  Just a kid Jet fan in the early 90s trying to see his team, a real fan.  Not one that would sell to opposing fans, I was there every game and often by myself as I got into my late teens/20s and they really stunk.  I would still go to every game if I didn't have other priorities in life at this point.

Over the course of the next 2 days Northern NJ is expected to get as much as 6" of snow from three different fronts.

The endzones being sectional is even more good reason not to make the flip during the middle of all that.  We don't need players ripping up a knee running around on lumpy carpet with exposed seams.

SAR I

ok.

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I didn't miss a game from about 1990-2012.  1996-2008 as STH, other years scalping putside the stadium.  Just a kid Jet fan in the early 90s trying to see his team, a real fan.  Not one that would sell to opposing fans, I was there every game and often by myself as I got into my late teens/20s and they really stunk.  I would still go to every game if I didn't have other priorities in life at this point.

I  scalped for about 3 years while on the waiting list. I am considering buying PSL's and getting back in it again, 

14 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

These are official NFL stats and it's a season average.

So 82,000 showed up for the games early in the year and 69,000 show up later in the year.

What's a "lie"?  What you do to yourself, trying to convince yourself that quitting on the Jets was justified because our owner is greedy and the place won't be the same without you.  Guess what, our owner gave the stadium a long-overdue enema and got rid of your type and the place is thriving without you.  Enjoy your TV.  Just do it quietly.

SAR I

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Tickets sold vs actual attendance is a big difference. 

No it's not.

Fans have no-showed throughout Jets history when the team is bad, it's not indicative of a "failing" stadium or an "awful" PSL process.

If the fans hated the stadium and if the fans hated PSL's, then SALES would be off.

And they are not.  And that means you quit on the Jets for no reason.  You didn't make some statement.  You made a bad decision.

SAR I

So 82,000 showed up for the games early in the year and 69,000 show up later in the year.

What's a "lie"?  What you do to yourself, trying to convince yourself that quitting on the Jets was justified because our owner is greedy and the place won't be the same without you.  Guess what, our owner gave the stadium a long-overdue enema and got rid of your type and the place is thriving without you.  Enjoy your TV.  Just do it quietly.

SAR I

SAR I you are a good guy and we agree to disagree,but saying got rid of your type isn't right you dont know him how can you judge him not cool dude. 

Just now, SAR I said:

No it's not.

Fans have no-showed throughout Jets history when the team is bad, it's not indicative of a "failing" stadium or an "awful" PSL process.

If the fans hated the stadium and if the fans hated PSL's, then SALES would be off.

And they are not.  And that means you quit on the Jets for no reason.  You didn't make some statement.  You made a bad decision.

SAR I

Sales are off or the Jets wouldnt be having a fire sale on tickets New Years day there are many empty seats and unsold PSL's that the Jets have probably sold to ticket brokers throughout the season who in turn sold them to opposing teams fans. 

What dont you get. 

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Instead they are controlled by the NY Jets who offer deals of the week and PSL holders who "sell out" mainly to opposing teams fans when things don't go there way (not all). 

The Jets deals are not competing with PSL holders deals on Stubhub.  The Jets are still way overpriced.

Throughout Jets history, the same amount of people can't attend every game.  The difference is that the old season ticket holders just gave their tickets away whereas today's season ticket holders can make some money back.  Another win for PSL's and season ticket holders who didn't use tiny PSL fees as an excuse to quit on the team the moment Rex Ryan went south and the playoff runs ran dry.

SAR I

SAR I

Prove to me thats based on the ticket scanned or the turnstile count and not just tickets sold. 

Archived