Shared Stadium Fiasco

joewilly12

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, SMC said:

And until that rarest of events actually occurs, how many Super Bowls, Final Fours, conventions, winter concerts and possibly Olympics will have been lost because Metlife doesn't have a dome?

Respectfully, who the hell cares?

We live in New York, not Charlotte.  You're telling me there isn't enough sports and entertainment here to keep you busy to the point where these other events even matters?  The Super Bowl was here.  Did you go?  Final Four doesn't play here, this isn't a college town.  Javitz holds the conventions that are held in New York very nicely, bigger shows out in Vegas aren't leaving Vegas, hotels are too expensive here.  Concerts?  What act can sell out 80,000 seats in the dead of winter?  MSG is about as big as needed when our open-air stadium can't suffice.  Olympics?  Stop.

We have more stadiums in New York than many countries have, an additional one in Manhattan made no sense.

SAR I

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Fiasco.  

No names in the end zones, for the first time.  

How will they play?  How will fans enjoy the game?  How embarrassing.  Cheap bastards!

People need to get lives

I think we can say that about adults talking about things other people can do that none of us can do or fans wearing jerseys to games or getting drunk at games.  all this stuff is embarrassing and people need to get lives.  this is just part of it but I enjoy this part of my life, it's fun to talk about all this stuff.  we all have different tastes and opinions,

@Klecko73isGod  , serious question.  Do you remember specifically that Metlife's outside skin of aluminum louvers was modeled after the World Trade Center?  I thought it was modeled after Allianz Stadium and don't remember the purpose of alluding to the WTC.  Metlife Stadium's website makes no mention of it.

If they were trying to allude to WTC they did a horrible job because WTC didn't have louvers and the exterior framing was vertical while Metlife Stadium is horizontal.

parking_645x450-new.jpgExteriorDetailiStock.jpg

1 minute ago, SMC said:

Klecko, serious question.  Do you remember specifically that Metlife's outside skin of aluminum louvers was modeled after the World Trade Center?  I thought it was modeled after Allianz Stadium and don't remember the purpose of alluding to the WTC.  Metlife Stadium's website makes no mention of it.

If they were trying to allude to WTC they did a horrible job because WTC didn't have louvers and the exterior framing was vertical while Metlife Stadium is horizontal.

it looks nothing like WTC, this is something people say to try to get us to like it.

23 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

and it looks crappy up close but better the further away you are.  it's like being drunk and seeing what you think is a good looking girl across the room.

Here's what matters to people who actually go to the games:

1.  View in the seating bowl.

2.  Amount of parking towards tailgating.

3.  Lines for the bathroom.

4.  Lines for concessions.

5.  Food/beverage choices.

6.  Rah-Rah team colors/logos in the seating bowl.

7.  Easy ingress and egress.

MetLife Stadium scores a solid "A" on these counts.  If you don't like the exterior of the stadium, well, you're one of the few people who care.  I can tell you from personal experience that when I traveled to San Diego to see the Jets in a playoff game or traveled to Indianapolis to see the Jets in a Championship Game, I could care less what the outside of the building looked like.  I just wanted to get inside as soon as possible.

SAR I

Just now, SMC said:

Klecko, serious question.  Do you remember specifically that Metlife's outside skin of aluminum louvers was modeled after the World Trade Center?  I thought it was modeled after Allianz Stadium and don't remember the purpose of alluding to the WTC.  Metlife Stadium's website makes no mention of it.

Its just always reminded me of it. Don't know if it was done intentionally.

From a distance the WTC always looked horizontal to me. Then you would get up close and see it was actually vertical. I always thought it was a great optical illusion. 

Just now, nyjunc said:

I think we can say that about adults talking about things other people can do that none of us can do or fans wearing jerseys to games or getting drunk at games.  all this stuff is embarrassing and people need to get lives.  this is just part of it but I enjoy this part of my life, it's fun to talk about all this stuff.  we all have different tastes and opinions,

And different levels of understanding.

Only an idiot doesnt get why this is going to happen.  Given the number of years theyve shared a stadium and the number of times this has happened you would think anyone with the smallest degree of understanding would get over it pretty quickly.

This has to be one of the dumbest, most pointless reason for outrage by fans.

20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You wont see that Saturday night thats if you're even going. :D

No, can't go.  Son has a varsity hockey game.  He's the goalie, plays all 60 minutes.  Game is 9:30 PM to 11:30 PM, wife can't take him to/from the rink.

Praying that the Buffalo game is a win-and-fire situation for Rex Ryan.  Plan to go to that contest.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

MetLife Stadium scores a solid "A" on these counts.  If you don't like the exterior of the stadium, well, you're one of the few people who care.  I can tell you from personal experience that when I traveled to San Diego to see the Jets in a playoff game or traveled to Indianapolis to see the Jets in a Championship Game, I could care less what the outside of the building looked like.  I just wanted to get in there as soon as possible.

SAR I

1. i agree, 1/3 of the stadium the views are awful.

2. who cares

3. lines for the drunks who have to get up every few minutes, 

4. who buys that crappy food at concessions after eating crappy BBQ food at tailgates? the only good food is in the clubs

5. I'm there to watch football not eat and drink

I'd want to see the Jets play a playoff game in the middle of Antartica, I don't care about that but we deserve a better building in the NYC area.  one w/ some character and not a blah sardine can.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Only an idiot doesnt get why this is going to happen.  Given the number of years theyve shared a stadium and the number of times this has happened you would think anyone with the smallest degree of understanding would get over it pretty quickly.

No outrage just good intellectual adult conversation sorry you see it differently. 

Just now, nyjunc said:

1. i agree, 1/3 of the stadium the views are awful.

2. who cares

3. lines for the drunks who have to get up every few minutes, 

4. who buys that crappy food at concessions after eating crappy BBQ food at tailgates? the only good food is in the clubs

5. I'm there to watch football not eat and drink

I'd want to see the Jets play a playoff game in the middle of Antartica, I don't care about that but we deserve a better building in the NYC area.  one w/ some character and not a blah sardine can.

Does the new place still have Hebrew Nationals and Cohen's Knishes? If so, these are fightin' words!

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I don't think anyone is going to lose sleep over this but why aren't people allowed to have preferences? and for almost $2 billion you'd think they have a system where they could change it quickly.

this is a discussion board, it's a timely topic w/ this news just coming out. 

18 minutes ago, OH THE PAIN said:

We will start winning when we add spiral stairways where ladies can show their bodacious tatas again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was so much fun, but I was the idiot that was the last to know.

By the time I discovered it in 2006 I had been a season ticket holder for 7 years and then they shut it down the next year, probably partook in the festivities 5 times.  It was awesome, made me laugh way too hard.

SAR I

Just now, nyjunc said:

I don't think anyone is going to lose sleep over this but why aren't people allowed to have preferences? and for almost $2 billion you'd think they have a system where they could change it quickly.

Except this really isn't "news."

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

With out 'JETS' in the endzone how are the entitled PSL owners going to do the beginning of the game chant?

a985f6ec391a09200963d419f5362379.jpg

That's the whole point.  We don't chant.  We're done with it.

But, hey, don't feel bad.  They don't dance The Twist anymore either, so The Chant is in good company on the pile of ancient relics of a bygone age.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

6.  Rah-Rah team colors/logos in the seating bowl.

MetLife Stadium scores a solid "A" on these counts.  If you don't like the exterior of the stadium, well, you're one of the few people who care.  I can tell you from personal experience that when I traveled to San Diego to see the Jets in a playoff game or traveled to Indianapolis to see the Jets in a Championship Game, I could care less what the outside of the building looked like.  I just wanted to get inside as soon as possible.

SAR I

I've said this so many times.  When youre inside of the stadium, other than bitching about the grey colors, what wrong with the building?  Plenty of room, large seating capacity, concessions, parking, etc, all are as good as it gets.

Really give a shlt that the louver look isnt as cool as Dallas' look?  People need to get over it, the outside is going to look this way for 30 or so years and doesnt effect the experience of being at a live event and doesnt effect the score and outcome of the game. 

Just now, Klecko73isGod said:

Its just always reminded me of it. Don't know if it was done intentionally.

From a distance the WTC always looked horizontal to me. Then you would get up close and see it was actually vertical. I always thought it was a great optical illusion. 

Yeah, I don't think it was ever meant to look like WTC (although I understand the optical illusion you refer to because of the floor windows).  It wouldve been great if that was the design purpose.  They did it with the new WTC transportation Hub.  That wouldve been a great exterior for Metlife

station_night.jpg

3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Does the new place still have Hebrew Nationals and Cohen's Knishes? If so, these are fightin' words!

I don't know, I try not to waste time buying food.  the only time I do is if I bring the family.  I can survive 3 hours watching a game w/o stuffing my face.  I will say the food in the coach's club is outstanding though

21 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I like the EZ's, I like the banners, the stadium design is mostly blah.

All stadiums are the same in the seating bowl.  Field, wall, ribbon boards, decks, that's it.

You don't like the exterior.  Tell me what it should have looked like to make you happy.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I lights are cheap interchangeable tarps 1 side Jets 1 side Giants. 

This stadium should have been a mecca better than what Dallas has. 

What should the stadium have looked like in order to have gotten you to remain a season ticket holder?

What's a "mecca" exactly?  The Jets lead the AFC in attendance, tied for #3 in the entire NFL.  What is missing?  A big concrete jet aircraft molded into the facade?

SAR I

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

I don't know, I try not to waste time buying food.  the only time I do is if I bring the family.  I can survive 3 hours watching a game w/o stuffing my face.  I will say the food in the coach's club is outstanding though

Well if it doesn't have Hebrew Nationals and Cohen's Knishes then I would have to agree with you that it is an ugly piece of sh*t and how dare they not have it say "Jets" in the end zone this Saturday!

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Well when you spend 2 mil on your stadium you can make sure that they could be changed quickly.

Because I'm betting the Jets and Giants arent losing any sleep over this one game in almost 35 seasons where its an not doable.

Archived