Shared Stadium Fiasco

joewilly12

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Those who go to games and spend big money are the most loyal fans there are.  Spending $5 on facepaint and spending $5,000 on tickets are two entirely different things, friend.

SAR I

No face paint here I'm not an imposter or a phony I do bleed green, how about you. 

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

The PSL conversation, which you dredge up again and again, is all about money.

If it's okay for you to brag about how much you can't afford, well, it's okay for me to brag about how much I can.  Stop throwing your poverty in my face, I'll stop throwing my wealth in yours.

SAR I

You brought your watch into the conversation for some unknown reason, you know what they say about people who brag about wealth they are usually lacking in other departments. 

31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I am more loyal than you will ever be,dont ever forget that. 

Why?  Because 30 years ago when tickets were $18 and you were 20 years old you went to every Jets game you had a ticket to?  Big deal.  So did I. 

The rubber meets the road when you are north of 40 and you have kids and you have choices about how to spend your disposable income.  You chose to spend it elsewhere.  Some chose to continue to spend it on the Jets.  That's the difference.  Age and money.  Family and priorities. 

You quit on the team, that's fine, stop judging those who didn't.

SAR I

The PSL conversation, which you dredge up again and again, is all about money.

If it's okay for you to brag about how much you can't afford, well, it's okay for me to brag about how much I can.  Stop throwing your poverty in my face, I'll stop throwing my wealth in yours.

SAR I

I dont want to afford it. Id rather spend  my money elsewhere at this current time. 

Why?  Because 30 years ago when tickets were $18 and you were 20 years old you went to every Jets game you had a ticket to?  Big deal.  So did I. 

The rubber meets the road when you are north of 40 and you have kids and you have choices about how to spend your disposable income.  You chose to spend it elsewhere.  Some chose to continue to spend it on the Jets.  That's the difference.  Age and money.  Family and priorities. 

You quit on the team, that's fine, stop judging those who didn't.

SAR I

Nope no quitter here still a fan and as a season ticket holder never sold out. 

27 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I please STOP spewing nonsense. 

I can call the Jets right now and get prime seats with PSL's no wait required. 

The Jets are 5% unsold.  That's 4,125 seats or the rough equivalent of 1/4 of Madison Square Garden.

It sounds like a lot of seats are still available.  Man, if 25% of the Garden was empty we'd really notice that.  But as a percentage of a massive 82,500 seat facility it's tiny.

Math.  It's what's for dinner.

SAR I

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I called you out first on it. 

I'm a season ticket holder who can see with his own eyes that the place is 95% full by the second quarter when the team is in contention.

You're the Couchlister who refuses to believe NFL stats and season ticket holder reports so the onus is on you to disprove it.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

I'm a season ticket holder who can see with his own eyes that the place is 95% full by the second quarter when the team is in contention.

You're the Couchlister who refuses to believe NFL stats and season ticket holder reports so the onus is on you to disprove it.

SAR I

Get it right I sit on a bar stool at my bar a very comfortable and expensive one. 

Enjoy the game tomorrow................from your couch because you sold out. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You brought your watch into the conversation for some unknown reason, you know what they say about people who brag about wealth they are usually lacking in other departments. 

You asked me if it hurt me that the Jets were discounting gameday tickets, asking me if it hit me in the pocket book, expecting me to tell you how sad I was because I'm about to lose $500 this Saturday when my seats don't sell.

My response is a way to demonstrate that, no, actually, I do not care. 

And furthermore, a means by which to show you that you spend too much time worrying about how other people spend their fun money.  You shouldn't.  There are only 16,000 people writing checks for the PSL seats in MetLife Stadium.  In a metro of 20 million people, yes, there are some well-off types who have a few grand a year to burn and we don't care if you can't comprehend that.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

You asked me if it hurt me that the Jets were discounting gameday tickets, asking me if it hit me in the pocket book, expecting me to tell you how sad I was because I'm about to lose $500 this Saturday when my seats don't sell.

My response is a way to demonstrate that, no, actually, I do not care. 

And furthermore, a means by which to show you that you spend too much time worrying about how other people spend their fun money.  You shouldn't.  There are only 16,000 people writing checks for the PSL seats in MetLife Stadium.  In a metro of 20 million people, yes, there are some well-off types who have a few grand a year to burn and we don't care if you can't comprehend that.

SAR I

a fool and his money are soon parted
phrase of fool

1. 1
    proverb
    a foolish person spends money carelessly and will soon be penniless.

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope no quitter here still a fan and as a season ticket holder never sold out. 

30 years ago when tickets were $18 and you were 20 years old you went to every Jets game you had a ticket to.  Big deal.  So did I.

You don't see me here like a lapdog begging for props, begging for respect.  Because it's 2016 and I spend the money and I attend the games.  There is no lifetime pass for "loyalty".  You're either a season ticket holder or you're not.  You're either going to games or you're keeping your opinions of attending fans to yourself.

SAR I

I agree. I find that very helpful too. 
What I can't understand is exactly why this debate is still going on.

Post of the week

Unfortunately the answer is that apparently 3 or so former fans who chose the couch alternative because their under $25 lower level 50 yard line seats were repriced at a reasonable fair market for NFL price at Met Life have the need to make STHs feel as miserable as they are over idiotic weekly negative topics about the team and our first home stadium ever

This week alone we have "Shared Stadium Fiasco" "Under 30000 fans on Saturday" "No painted logos in the EZ!!" "Slap in the face to STHs" and probably a few others

Just now, SAR I said:

30 years ago when tickets were $18 and you were 20 years old you went to every Jets game you had a ticket to.  Big deal.  So did I.

You don't see me here like a lapdog begging for props, begging for respect.  Because it's 2016 and I spend the money and I attend the games.  There is no lifetime pass for "loyalty".  You're either a season ticket holder or you're not.  You're either going to games or you're keeping your opinions of attending fans to yourself.

SAR I

Congrats talk to me in 12 years........

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:
a fool and his money are soon parted
phrase of fool
  1. 1
    proverb
    a foolish person spends money carelessly and will soon be penniless.

Like your other silly cliche's, that's only true if you spend more than you can afford.

Ask me how much revolving credit I have.  Ask me how much money I put towards college funds and retirement each month.  Ask me how many homes I own.  Ask me how close I am to retirement right now.

Looking at a tiny expenditure on PSL's doesn't tell the whole story.  You can't judge who is 'wasting' money unless you know how much money they already have, the lifestyle they lead, the choices they made, so stop pretending that you do.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

Unfortunately the answer is that apparently 3 or so former fans who chose the couch alternative because their under $25 lower level 50 yard line seats were repriced at a reasonable fair market for NFL price at Met Life have the need to make STHs feel as miserable as they are over idiotic weekly negative topics about the team and our first home stadium ever

This week alone we have "Shared Stadium Fiasco" "Under 30000 fans on Saturday" "No painted logos in the EZ!!" "Slap in the face to STHs" and probably a few others

This.

SAR I

Just catching up on this fiasco.  This is the kind of stupid sh*t that makes the Jets look like the red headed bastard child of the NFL.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they make a small alteration for the Giants on Sunday and somehow make it more original.  I've always hated the shared stadium and this is just another reason to make both orgs looks stupid and amateur honestly.

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Still better than a sell out.

I love this logic trap.  Truly.  If only I were feeble-minded, it might actually work.

So I'm an idiot for spending money on PSL's because Woody Johnson is greedy towards his loyal constituents and there is no ROI.

But when Woody Johnson allows loyal fans to sell their seats at fair market value on Stubhub to make a few dollars back and I take advantage of it, I'm disloyal.

LOL.  "Don't spend your money on PSL's because you'll never make any of it back!"  "If you try to make it back you are disloyal!"

SAR I

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I enjoy the game tomorrow and good luck to your son and his hockey team. 

You're like my 12 year old daughter who thinks she can fight with me all night long over taking away her iPhone and then wake up the next morning as if it didn't happen.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Just catching up on this fiasco.  This is the kind of stupid sh*t that makes the Jets look like the red headed bastard child of the NFL.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they make a small alteration for the Giants on Sunday and somehow make it more original.  I've always hated the shared stadium and this is just another reason to make both orgs looks stupid and amateur honestly.

You want to know what stupid sh*t that makes the Jets look like the red headed bastard child of the NFL?

Fans like you who are conditioned to overreact to everything, take it as a personal insult, and whine about it like a child.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Who's fighting?  Damn you are sensitive. 

Not sensitive, just tired of PSL owners being your punching bag because they don't meet the criteria of your screwed up values.  I don't get fans who take pleasure in hurting other fans.  Being fans of a team is supposed to bring us together and cut through all the racial, professional, and financial criteria that separate us otherwise.

SAR I

You sir deserve a medal.
The horrors you must have witnessed.  
After 10 years of being a Jet season ticket holder, grief counseling should be included as a benefit.  I can only imagine the nightmares after 20+ years.

Unlike you, Mike

Some of us are Jet fans, not trolls

Just admit it...you hate the Jets and always have and are probably eagerly anticipated your Cheaters taking on Denver this weekend

Archived