Is there anything to be positive about this season?

Freemanm

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Now you're talking in circles. If this was a true rebuild two years ago, you don't trade assets for these players like Marshall or Clady or Fitzpatrick. You don't sink money in aging veterans like Revis or Harris or Cromartie. Period. You put the money to rebuilding the team in a smart way, through young burgeoning free agents and smart drafting. He hasn't done either. What free agent has he brought in besides Carpenter that is under 30 and not on the chopping block to be cut this offseason? That's admitting to a failure. Not sure why you can't see that. 

Well in the real grown up world everything is not black and white unfortunately as I believe I alluded to in my 1st post.  You see each team has 53 players and most years each team only gets 7 draft picks.  To complicate things more the higher the draft pick the higher the chance that player has for failure...now with that said you still have to fill an 80000 seat stadium and try to be competitive.  This is a balancing act where the black and white world get shades of color.  My arguement is that Macc has been on the right path from day 1 and I cannot argue with anything he has done to date to try to meet both goals.  Yes some gambles have not wotked out and have been discussed here nausium.   Macc however has been on the rebuild from day 1 And I for one hope he continues to gamble some more in the process with FA, UDFA, and his picks because I for one hate playing safe.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

Well in the real grown up world everything is not black and white unfortunately as I believe I alluded to in my 1st post.  You see each team has 53 players and most years each team only gets 7 draft picks.  To complicate things more the higher the draft pick the higher the chance that player has for failure...now with that said you still have to fill an 80000 seat stadium and try to be competitive.  This is a balancing act where the black and white world get shades of color.  My arguement is that Macc has been on the right path from day 1 and I cannot argue with anything he has done to date to try to meet both goals.  Yes some gambles have not wotked out and have been discussed here nausium.   Macc however has been on the rebuild from day 1 And I for one hope he continues to gamble some more in the process with FA, UDFA, and his picks because I for one hate playing safe.

If you think that what Macc has done so far has been not only the right moves but good ones, then there isn't anything more to discuss here because you're devoid of logic and obviously living in another realm of reality and consciousness. What he has done has not been a genuine rebuild. What he has done is eat up cap space and make a team that was lacking talent at key positions still lack that talent. It's not going well for him. At all. 

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

If you think that what Macc has done so far has been not only the right moves but good ones, then there isn't anything more to discuss here because you're devoid of logic and obviously living in another realm of reality and consciousness. What he has done has not been a genuine rebuild. What he has done is eat up cap space and make a team that was lacking talent at key positions still lack that talent. It's not going well for him. At all. 

And you are wearing blinders cause not only did he almost make playoff in 1 st year he also beat pats that year and I believe he ruin their chance for home field saving us another nausiating pats super bowl.  Yes this year was not good.....but sometimes you lose some battles to win the war....I am done with this conversation too because you areva rude troll devoid of reason...let's just agree to disagree.

5 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

And you are wearing blinders cause not only did he almost make playoff in 1 st year he also beat pats that year and I believe he ruin their chance for home field saving us another nausiating pats super bowl.  Yes this year was not good.....but sometimes you lose some battles to win the war....I am done with this conversation too because you areva rude troll devoid of reason...let's just agree to disagree.

I'm a rude troll? That's new. Just because I don't agree with the way the team is being run? Welcome to the board where that's pretty much commonplace. Almost making the playoffs? Are you one of those participation trophy kids? That would make so much sense. 

13 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I'm a rude troll? That's new. Just because I don't agree with the way the team is being run? Welcome to the board where that's pretty much commonplace. Almost making the playoffs? Are you one of those participation trophy kids? That would make so much sense. 

You are a small rude troll because you like to throw small suttle insults instead of any meaningful dialog because you are talking out your ass

8 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

You are a small rude troll because you like to throw small suttle insults instead of any meaningful dialog because you are talking out your ass

I'm sorry you think that but it's simply not true. Macc is driving this team in a bad direction. I hope he can still turn it around but he's dug a decent hole. Have a nice holiday season. 

First you have to realize that Woody was determined to get Revis back & no one in there right mind would have imagined his play would disintegrate so quickly, forget the money, he's worth nothing now. So I put Revis on Woody not Macc.

Lets go to the 2nd mistake Ryan Fitzpatrick. Macc played hardball all the way through the process & was put under undue pressure by Bowles naming him the starter, even though he was a free agent. Add the Media into the mix as training camp got closer, all of them calling the Jets idiots for not getting him signed. Macc even put a deadline into the negotiation, that's not a GM welcoming a player with open arms & wallet.

Every GM makes free agent mistakes, how many times has BB signed guys & cut them? Many. You can put Skrine, Gilchrist & Jenkins in the group of mistakes, if only that they were overpaid for their skill level. Only Skrine counts much towards the cap next year, so you keep him as a part time backup in the dime packages. The guy can not cover top 3 players. 

Forte was 5 million per, not crazy, & he's gone after 2017. Not bad to have a veteran RB if they draft a stud next year. Of course I was fine with just keeping Powell & not signing Forte but that's because I've seen this story play out for the Jets going back to the signings of Ronnie Lott & Leonard Marshall, this team never learns. But Forte won't kill us.

So, now we head into 2017 & 2018 again with a lot of huge contracts coming off the books, and having to delve into free agency to fill some holes, CB, Oline, LB, let's see how Macc does in free agency part ll, and if he can pull off a trade with Sheldon? I think we'll be OK if Woody keeps his damn nose out of it. I can picture seeing Woody saying to Macc, "do you think Romo could fill the seats?".

• 2 years later...
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 7:32 PM, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Thought we;'d miss Snacks Harrison, but never thought it;d be this bad;  so disappointed in Wilkerson,really thought he was the real deal.  Not  too suprised by Mr Richardson, but disappointed, nonetheless.  Simon has been a bright spot and Leo is everything we;d hoped for and much, much more. p.s.  Wesley Johnson has been alot more than just adequate  on a team chock full of  quitters and underachievers.  Back up the truck

Or this one??    @RobR

Archived